• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:11
CEST 01:11
KST 08:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9387 users

[Interview] Hyuk in-depth with FOMOS

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Normal
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
March 12 2011 20:49 GMT
#1
The captain draws his sword.

Part 1/3 complete!



[T/N This interview took place in the first week of March.]

[image loading]

Last time on the FOMOS “[招人钟]” in depth player feature series, we traveled to Hite's practice house at Yongsan to find “Mr. RAK” Skyhigh. After the interview, Skyhigh quickly returned to the lineup and, as the vanguard player, achieved a long-elusive win. The fans and reporters alike were very happy for him.

Do you remember what Skyhigh answered in the very last question of that interview? “Who do you hope the next interviewee is?” “Hyuk. I don't know if he's playing well lately, whether he's eating well.”

So this time we went to [驿三洞] and the SKT practice house. Since being eliminated from the Bacchus OSL 2010 by Fantasy, he hadn't played a single televised game. Two days after being named by Skyhigh, he played in a match against STX, but he was unable to win.

Last season, Hyuk broke free of the “SKT Zerg” moniker, and he became the captain of SKT. Even though he didn't have a spectacular win count in SPL, he made it to the OSL Ro8.

In March, the peak of springtime, we interviewed Hyuk and listened to what he's lately had no chance to tell everyone.


Hello, FOMOS here with the interview. A quick introduction?
Hi everyone, I'm SKT's captain, progamer Hyuk.

To start this off, last time Skyhigh said he had questions to ask you. He said he wanted to know how you were doing and whether you were eating well.
Does he want to treat me to a meal? I've been practicing hard and improving my technique with intense focus.

Did you see Skyhigh's interview?
I glanced at it. I'm not a huge fan of reading blocks of text, like long features, so I only skimmed it (haha).

After Skyhigh's interview, he immediately returned to the A-team and got a win. Thoughts?
I've always felt Skyhigh is outstanding, and he has intangibles that nobody else does. I think that if he receives therapy for his nerves [T/N unsure], he'll be able to return to his old form. In the past, he's been relegated to the B-team multiple times, and he's always come back to his prime. Because Skyhigh is this type of person, he playes well.

Why are you and Skyhigh so close? You don't really have any obvious points in common.
Back when I had become a progamer but Skyhigh was preparing for Courage, Ggaemo introduced us, and I got to know him through practice.

Recently, we haven't seen you much in televised games. From December all the way until last week's appearance, you've been quiet.
There are some personal reasons I can't name, but besides that I was finding it tough to concentrate on BW. Being a progamer requires complete focus, but I didn't know if I could do that. That's why I couldn't get a chance to play in a PL series. I'm truly working hard in practice, but my condition is bad. But not long ago, I managed to muster up my concentration.

In Bacchus OSL 2010, you were eliminated 2:0 by your junior Fantasy. Was it a big setback? Your opportunities to play seemingly decrease after this.
At that time, I felt “If I can beat Fantasy, I'll get into the finals for sure,” so I put a lot of effort into preparation. Jaedong and Flash had already been eliminated, so I felt it was a good opportunity. I had unbreakable confidence in my grasp of ZvZ and ZvP, so I felt like as long as I beat Fantasy, I would be confident against any other terran too. My Proleague results weren't good, so I prepared to all-in. I thought if I just crossed this obstacle, my SPL chances would rise too.
But I lost 0-2. I was crushed, and for many days my mood was horrible. But it was good that Fantasy got the win, and that helped me lighten up. There was a period of time after losing in which I was very angry with myself, or rather disappointed. Some might derive renewed strength from it, but I didn't. So I was further motivated to improve.

Lots of declining players get sent to the B-team, but you're still an A-team player. Is it because of practice results?
In the practice house, I'd say I'm about average. There might have been one or two times I played exceptionally. In the team's in-house rankings, I've never really fallen too far. However, in SPL, I ran into powerful enemies. [T/N unsure] And within practice, I worked hard training my juniors, so my ranking dropped some and my opportunities thinned. But lately, I feel like my skill level is rising again. I think I have a good understanding of BW, and I want to play good games, but I feel dissatisfied with myself. I'll get better soon. Whenever I get these feelings, I tend to start playing better.

More to come, keep checking back! in other words, i'm too lazy to do the whole thing right now

source: http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_62321.html
Translator:3
GoodRamen
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States713 Posts
March 12 2011 20:50 GMT
#2
good read!!thanks!!
#1 Fantasy Fan!!!!
Tomken
Profile Joined January 2010
Norway1144 Posts
March 12 2011 21:00 GMT
#3
Good read yeah, ty :D
MBCGame HERO FIGHTING!!!~
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
March 12 2011 21:13 GMT
#4
HYUK STYLE! he never ceases to dissapoint even when he's losing . Thanks for the translation so far!
Writer
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 21:22:59
March 12 2011 21:22 GMT
#5
Hyuk is SKTs last hope of a good zerg now that Kwanro is retiring :<. I don't have any faith in S2, and I haven't seen any good zerg rookies in SKT(unless I missed some somewhere, Dreamleague maybe?).
WriterXiao8~~
Anxiety
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States650 Posts
March 12 2011 21:23 GMT
#6
HYUK!HYUK!HYUK!HYUK!

Woots.
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
March 12 2011 21:32 GMT
#7
Hyuk, why do you have to deliver so well at times and at others crumble helplessly....
If you were perfect, so would T1
▲ ▲ ▲
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
March 12 2011 21:56 GMT
#8
Infinitestory you're a hero!
Moderatorgold coin
Simplistik
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
2173 Posts
March 12 2011 22:12 GMT
#9
On March 13 2011 06:22 Kipsate wrote:
Hyuk is SKTs last hope of a good zerg now that Kwanro is retiring :<. I don't have any faith in S2, and I haven't seen any good zerg rookies in SKT(unless I missed some somewhere, Dreamleague maybe?).

Soo isn't so bad. He was the highest ranked SKZerg for a while and occasionally he's played really good ZvT!

Captain Hyuk fighting! Is he seeded into the OSL R24? (Or should that be R36?)
Dear BW Gods, it IS now autumn, so...
Ursadon-n-Pals
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States928 Posts
March 12 2011 22:13 GMT
#10
YES! Thank you. Hyuk <3
Nothing worth having comes easy.
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
March 12 2011 22:59 GMT
#11
Hyuk always gives the most depressing/realistic interviews of being a progamer. -_-
Moderator。◕‿◕。
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
March 12 2011 23:10 GMT
#12
Thanks for the interview,

Is this part of the bisu-stork-great-kal line of interviews?
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
March 13 2011 02:09 GMT
#13
thank you for translating. I'm really appreciate it :D

Hyuk, for me he is unique progamer.
can't wait for the rest part is complete.
Learn,live and love it.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
March 13 2011 02:20 GMT
#14
On March 13 2011 08:10 hacklebeast wrote:
Thanks for the interview,

Is this part of the bisu-stork-great-kal line of interviews?

i thought that was a DES thing
Translator:3
Nukid
Profile Joined April 2010
United States240 Posts
March 13 2011 02:30 GMT
#15
Don't know why when I first look at the topic title, I thought it's "Hyuk in "debt" "
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
March 13 2011 02:37 GMT
#16
many thanks infinitestory can't wait for the next parts.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
March 13 2011 03:40 GMT
#17
On March 13 2011 07:59 Harem wrote:
Hyuk always gives the most depressing/realistic interviews of being a progamer. -_-


LOL YEaa so true man..

well.. at least hes not retiring or wahteveri guess
i mean hes not very successful either maybe thats why he gives such depressing interviews T_T
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
March 13 2011 04:33 GMT
#18
Nice interview. Did anyone translate the skyhigh interview by any chance?
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
pinkranger15
Profile Joined June 2010
Philippines1597 Posts
March 13 2011 05:02 GMT
#19
show us what you're made of Hyuk! gogogo! thanks for the translation.
yoyo!
Gescom
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada3516 Posts
March 14 2011 20:50 GMT
#20
Thanks for the translation! Hoping to see the second half at some point. ;D
Jaedong Hyuk || Bisu Jangbi || Fantasy Flash
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
March 15 2011 06:32 GMT
#21
If I were a progamer, I would be Hyuk. I hope he can improve and become a stable A-rank player sometime soon.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
March 15 2011 15:30 GMT
#22
On March 15 2011 15:32 ninini wrote:
If I were a progamer, I would be Hyuk. I hope he can improve and become a stable A-rank player sometime soon.


Lolwat? Come on, you don't want have others telling you to not hyuk yourself every game.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
March 15 2011 15:56 GMT
#23
驿三洞 = Yeoksam
Commentator
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
March 16 2011 02:34 GMT
#24
Thanks for translation !
Writer
ninini
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden1204 Posts
March 20 2011 22:20 GMT
#25
Translation of the other parts would be cool.
Fenrax
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States5018 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-21 05:35:24
March 21 2011 05:35 GMT
#26
SKT vs. Oz spoiler

+ Show Spoiler +
I hope he stops Hyuking himself. It is incredible in how many different ways he still manages to kill himself. Wins the big battle into "oops 4 Lings destroyed my main".
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 21 2011 05:52 GMT
#27
Cholera would be rolling in his grave.
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
March 26 2011 02:42 GMT
#28
Oh. my. god.... how did I miss this? epic translation and words of wisdom from Hyuk lol.

On March 15 2011 15:32 ninini wrote:
If I were a progamer, I would be Hyuk. I hope he can improve and become a stable A-rank player sometime soon.


Roflllll, a true Hyuk fan here.
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
miky_ardiente
Profile Joined May 2010
Mexico387 Posts
March 26 2011 03:11 GMT
#29
On March 16 2011 00:30 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2011 15:32 ninini wrote:
If I were a progamer, I would be Hyuk. I hope he can improve and become a stable A-rank player sometime soon.


Lolwat? Come on, you don't want have others telling you to not hyuk yourself every game.

that maybe true but still, he can be the best programer once he learn how to completely make the other team hyuk themselves xD
My anaconda dont want none... u know the rest
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
March 26 2011 03:48 GMT
#30
The funness of Hyuk is that when he plays, he'll either come out in God mode or Fail mode or the other player will Hyuk themselves.

There was that 2 month period where it became Hyuk V Z and the one month he was on a tear after defeating all of STX Soul.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
cabarkapa
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1013 Posts
April 05 2011 05:41 GMT
#31
We need more Hyuk!
Jaehoon - Master strategist
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
April 23 2011 06:45 GMT
#32
rather ironic that out of the 3 SKT players qualified for MSL, Hyuk was the only to advance
Writerptrk
Anxiety
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States650 Posts
April 23 2011 07:04 GMT
#33
On April 23 2011 15:45 ArvickHero wrote:
rather ironic that out of the 3 SKT players qualified for MSL, Hyuk was the only to advance


How's that ironic? Hyuk is awesome.
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
April 23 2011 16:53 GMT
#34
This time there is no Fantasy to stop Hyuk. MSL champion is already known
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft32
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 84
ViBE74
PiGStarcraft32
SpeCial 15
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 172
Hyuk 58
Noble 50
NaDa 24
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4393
Counter-Strike
minikerr6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox195
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5057
Khaldor737
Other Games
summit1g8387
FrodaN1943
Coldzera 775
shahzam513
JimRising 365
C9.Mang0285
KnowMe227
ZombieGrub94
ArmadaUGS68
Trikslyr42
PPMD33
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick489
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH366
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21070
Other Games
• imaqtpie768
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 49m
Online Event
11h 49m
FEL
16h 49m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.