• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:42
CEST 13:42
KST 20:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12181 users

[Interview] OSL Semi-Finals A Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-15 02:03:18
January 14 2011 16:35 GMT
#1
Surprised no one has translated it yet given the number of SKT1 fans here...

Fantasy: "I will not remain a Silver Surfer"

[image loading]

Bonus photo
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Q: How are you feeling?
A: It's been a while since I've been in a finals. I feel different this time around. Previously, as someone fairly new, I was simply happy to even be in the finals. Now that I'm a veteran, I'm only concentrating on winning it all. I also feel obligated to the audience to play some exciting games.

Q: It was a heated contest all the way to the final set.
A: I didn't expect it to be this difficult. I thought that if I just win the first set, I can win 3-0. But Calm used an unexpected strategy in game 1, and I lost. So I had an uphill battle from then on. But regardless of the score, I kept thinking I was going to advance.

Q: When you scouted in game 1 with your vultures, did you not realize it was lurkers?
A: I didn't expect Calm to use his strategy, and it stunned me for a bit. My reaction was too slow, and defended very badly. As a result I lost.

Q: In the 2nd game, you lost a lot of troops to lurkers
A: When my marines die to hold-lurkers, I thought "man things are going badly for me". But then after a while, i realized the situation was much better than I thought. So I just went on and played standard, thinking I had a good chance.

Q: In the 3rd game, you lost to 4 Pool
A: After the 2nd game, my coach told me to play standard. And then I saw lings coming in, and thought I lost. (laughs) As since I had another game afterwards, I just gged.

Q: Did you use your strategy for game 1 in game 5?
A: I did prepare other strategies. But while playing the series, I thought it was better if I played safe. When I studied Calm's VODs, he likes to play macro style. So I prepared to play macro style. But I couldn't change my style that easily.

Q: Was the BC dance in game 4 revenge for 4 pool?
A: I was annoyed at the way I lost in game 3, so I wanted to brighten up the atmosphere by making a BC. I also saw a sign before game 4 that said to use bunker rush as revenge for 4 pool. So I guess I was feeling a bit vengeful too. In my last attack, I realized that I could win the battle even without the BC, so I just had it dance.

Q: Who do you expect to meet in the finals?
A: Obviously either player can win, but I really want it to be Stork. I feel very confident in my TvP right now, and I feel it's much more entertaining to play Stork.

Q: You know about Stork and the Curse of Gwangju(city in Korea)? (T/N: Do not know exactly the curse, but I'm guessing Stork lost a couple of finals held there)
A: Perhaps if Stork has some bad memories of the place, it will give me an advantage. Stork once beat me in the finals to get his first gold, so I really want revenge. For that reason, I really hope to meet Stork in the finals.

Q: The OSL runs concurrent with SPL. How hard it is to prepare for both?
A: This time I have plenty of time for practice. So I didn't feel any pressure. I'll methodically prepare my strategies, and start practicing when I know who my opponent is.

Q: Last words?
A: I learned a lot from this series. Before, I kept losing in game 5 of a Bo5. This was the first time I won 3-2. So hopefully I've broken the curse, and things will look up for me. And I'll finally stop getting silvers.
Also thanks to Hyuk, S2, Soo, and other zerg teammates for helping me practice. Thank you all, and thanks to all my fans who came to cheer for me. Thank you.
Meh
FractalsOnFire
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1756 Posts
January 14 2011 16:45 GMT
#2
hahaha dancing BC, damn clam thinks he can double 4 pool >_>
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 14 2011 17:08 GMT
#3
Thanks for the translation
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
January 14 2011 17:15 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translation!
Deletrious
Profile Joined December 2007
United States458 Posts
January 14 2011 17:17 GMT
#5
Hey 4 pool is legit when terran insists on 14cc or super quick tech with no defense. Clam failed in the macro games disappointed me though. Anyway Fantasy Stork would be an awesome final, so I am not annoyed at outcome even though I like Calm.
Bow before the Dongjwa.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 14 2011 17:19 GMT
#6
A Samsung supporter had to translate the Fantasy interview? Heh. Thanks a lot!

I'm glad Fantasy advanced, Stork vs Fantasy could be really awesome.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
January 14 2011 17:34 GMT
#7
Thanks for the translation!

Damn, if we get a stork vs fantasy finals I don't know who to cheer for >_> I really think fantasy deserves a title but Stork is Stork >_>
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
January 14 2011 17:47 GMT
#8
On January 15 2011 02:34 Necosarius wrote:
Thanks for the translation!

Damn, if we get a stork vs fantasy finals I don't know who to cheer for >_> I really think fantasy deserves a title but Stork is Stork >_>


I will be rooting for Stork because I believe it is better for esport if he wins.
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
January 14 2011 18:10 GMT
#9
Cause SKT fans are lazy =P. Can't wait to see stork crush fantasy in the finals.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
January 14 2011 18:13 GMT
#10
Sad about Calm losing but he didn't play like an OSL finalist in this series anyway...gogo stork!
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
January 14 2011 18:22 GMT
#11
On January 15 2011 02:47 dukethegold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2011 02:34 Necosarius wrote:
Thanks for the translation!

Damn, if we get a stork vs fantasy finals I don't know who to cheer for >_> I really think fantasy deserves a title but Stork is Stork >_>


I will be rooting for Stork because I believe it is better for esport if he wins.

Care to explain your reasoning?
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
January 14 2011 18:26 GMT
#12
It's close for me between Stork and Fantasy, but I'm gonna have to root for fantasy here. Stork already has a gold and could get another in MSL, but Fantasy is the best player right now without a gold and I think he really deserves one.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 14 2011 18:30 GMT
#13
Ya, even though I'm a huuuuge Stork fan (I cried when he won his OSL ) and a Fantasy hater, I wouldn't be too sad and upset if Fanta won. He sort of deserves it.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6539 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 18:30:43
January 14 2011 18:30 GMT
#14
On January 15 2011 03:22 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2011 02:47 dukethegold wrote:
On January 15 2011 02:34 Necosarius wrote:
Thanks for the translation!

Damn, if we get a stork vs fantasy finals I don't know who to cheer for >_> I really think fantasy deserves a title but Stork is Stork >_>


I will be rooting for Stork because I believe it is better for esport if he wins.

Care to explain your reasoning?

stork hysteria is pretty big right now. Fantasy has a great place as #2 terran, but stork is from TaekBangLeeSsang. He's been good for a long time.

Edit: Stop posting next to me all the time Holgerius.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 18:44:24
January 14 2011 18:43 GMT
#15
On January 15 2011 03:30 oBlade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2011 03:22 Telcontar wrote:
On January 15 2011 02:47 dukethegold wrote:
On January 15 2011 02:34 Necosarius wrote:
Thanks for the translation!

Damn, if we get a stork vs fantasy finals I don't know who to cheer for >_> I really think fantasy deserves a title but Stork is Stork >_>


I will be rooting for Stork because I believe it is better for esport if he wins.

Care to explain your reasoning?

stork hysteria is pretty big right now. Fantasy has a great place as #2 terran, but stork is from TaekBangLeeSsang. He's been good for a long time.

Edit: Stop posting next to me all the time Holgerius.

Ahh ok but i still don't really get why the more popular player winning is better for esports. I mean wouldn't Fantasy breaking his own curse whilst also getting revenge be just as healthy for the scene as the more popular Stork sweeping through? Or does no one really care whether Fantasy wins or not?
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
ToFu.
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
331 Posts
January 14 2011 18:47 GMT
#16
but stork is more charismatic and brings in the male fans to esports!

i think having a protoss bonjwa would be pretty cool. terrans have had the spotlight for way too long.
Constipation Zerg Fighting!
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 18:55:32
January 14 2011 18:52 GMT
#17
On January 15 2011 03:43 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2011 03:30 oBlade wrote:
On January 15 2011 03:22 Telcontar wrote:
On January 15 2011 02:47 dukethegold wrote:
On January 15 2011 02:34 Necosarius wrote:
Thanks for the translation!

Damn, if we get a stork vs fantasy finals I don't know who to cheer for >_> I really think fantasy deserves a title but Stork is Stork >_>


I will be rooting for Stork because I believe it is better for esport if he wins.

Care to explain your reasoning?

stork hysteria is pretty big right now. Fantasy has a great place as #2 terran, but stork is from TaekBangLeeSsang. He's been good for a long time.

Edit: Stop posting next to me all the time Holgerius.

Ahh ok but i still don't really get why the more popular player winning is better for esports. I mean wouldn't Fantasy breaking his own curse whilst also getting revenge be just as healthy for the scene as the more popular Stork sweeping through? Or does no one really care whether Fantasy wins or not?


The thing is that for the scene to be entertaining, there must be a certain level of competition to entice the fans. Hence the Flash/Jaedong domination of the scene was not healthy even one bit. Every OSL and every MSL is either Flash's or Jaedong's by default. You must keep in mind that for almost the past 3 years, either Flash or Jaedong have been the finalist of every single starleague.

Guess who gets left out?

Protoss

Protoss has not won a single league since the era of the six dragons. That's like back in the dinosaur age.

Right now Stork is riding on more hype, and more fanboyism than Fantasy by a significant amount. I like both players. But if I have to pick, I really have to go with Stork.

Besides, even the SKT fanboy inside of me thinks it is hilarious if Fantasy gets a third OSL silver.

Lastly, Stork is pretty old by progaming standard. This season may be his last shot at the leagues before entering the army. Fantasy is still young.
Sworn
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada920 Posts
January 14 2011 18:57 GMT
#18
TY for translation
"Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather." CJ Entus Fighting! <3 Effort
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
January 14 2011 19:07 GMT
#19
I will be so pissed if we end up with a Modesty vs Fantasy finals, lol.

VULTURE TERRORIST FIGHTING
boomer hands
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-14 19:14:36
January 14 2011 19:11 GMT
#20
Why are you cut the skin on the living bear? Modesty still in play, he is masive underdog but as long i wont see him beaten by Stork its to early to hype final.
Than...

GOGOGO STORKUUUU!
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings110
CranKy Ducklings SOOP32
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko267
ProTech136
SHIN 107
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24017
Hyuk 1257
Shuttle 1042
Bisu 974
Mind 882
Larva 302
firebathero 270
Mini 250
Soma 181
EffOrt 163
[ Show more ]
Last 132
Leta 115
ZerO 83
Zeus 81
Pusan 75
Hyun 69
Hm[arnc] 54
Sexy 38
PianO 37
Killer 32
sorry 30
Bale 29
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 26
Aegong 25
hero 18
Noble 11
yabsab 11
JulyZerg 7
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Dendi943
XcaliburYe606
XaKoH 370
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1527
Other Games
gofns33460
singsing2456
B2W.Neo824
crisheroes338
Happy198
OGKoka 175
DeMusliM162
Mew2King124
Livibee81
ArmadaUGS59
ZerO(Twitch)3
ToD0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8132
League of Legends
• Jankos1688
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 18m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 18m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.