• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:21
CEST 08:21
KST 15:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9462 users

Progamers in Sydney - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
chogoling
Profile Joined April 2009
Australia173 Posts
January 07 2010 05:57 GMT
#161
Me and NaDa:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I look bad too.
[TA] Terror Australis
Aus)MaCrO
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia349 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 06:01:28
January 07 2010 05:57 GMT
#162
On January 07 2010 14:51 Kiante wrote:
what do you mean by "I was spitting game to the film crew"?
did nada speak english?


Nada said "See you next time" to me after our photo. As for the "spitting game", the film crew were just asking questions regarding our thoughts on Starcraft, that kind of thing. Nothing special. I was just joking around with them about how it was probably for the best that I wasn't chosen to play since I would beat them and make them look bad.
Deleted User 31996
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
843 Posts
January 07 2010 05:59 GMT
#163
wtf gg im in sydney i just aw this post now
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
January 07 2010 06:01 GMT
#164
On January 07 2010 14:57 chogoling wrote:
Me and NaDa:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I look bad too.

I am so jealous D:
Roxen000
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
1226 Posts
January 07 2010 06:19 GMT
#165
Glad you guys had fun.

If I had known this a while earlier and the spectator spots weren't limited, I prob would of flown from Melb.
._.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
January 07 2010 06:25 GMT
#166
i wonder if the koreans realise how much we australians love them. Only 5 spectators, they probably think we dont know about them
Writer
chogoling
Profile Joined April 2009
Australia173 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 06:39:03
January 07 2010 06:38 GMT
#167
If anyone cares, I made this with the autographs I got:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Thanks NeverGG for the photo of NaDa and Del for the Wemade Fox paper.
[TA] Terror Australis
JohnColtrane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Australia4813 Posts
January 07 2010 06:42 GMT
#168
On January 07 2010 15:25 Kiante wrote:
i wonder if the koreans realise how much we australians love them. Only 5 spectators, they probably think we dont know about them


there was more than 5, a bunch of people turned up and started watching
HEY MEYT
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
January 07 2010 06:48 GMT
#169
On January 07 2010 15:38 chogoling wrote:
If anyone cares, I made this with the autographs I got:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Thanks NeverGG for the photo of NaDa and Del for the Wemade Fox paper.

You just have to rub it in even more :'(

And lol JohnColtrane I see your ninja sig change :D
chogoling
Profile Joined April 2009
Australia173 Posts
January 07 2010 06:53 GMT
#170
Sorry suc

btw, those were photos I printed off the net and got them signed. Most people had brought their starcraft CDs to get signed.
[TA] Terror Australis
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
January 07 2010 06:58 GMT
#171
jealousy!

Nada is a great guy i hear (my cousin is his friend). If I wasn't in the US right now, I would have ninjaed my way there... unfortunately ninjas can't teleport
Hey! Listen!
Sanchez_
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia40 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 12:17:33
January 07 2010 07:00 GMT
#172
Nada, me(Sanchez_), hero[join], Sotanath

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Group shot of the progamers and TL fans I think you can see most people though I am behind someone.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Nada telling me and Sotanath how much we are going to get owned.... nah was just some small talk.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Was awesome an opportunity , Sydney FTW. Still feel excited. Sotanath (Scarecrow) or I will post more pictures and some videos later.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
January 07 2010 07:00 GMT
#173
Wouldn't it be sick if one day they set up a proper televised tournament with korean players in australia. I'd fly to sydney to see that
Writer
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
January 07 2010 07:08 GMT
#174
On January 07 2010 15:53 chogoling wrote:
Sorry suc

Lol it's okay mate, I was just kidding, it's great that you guys got to be there.

And nice posting those photos Sanchez_, cool to see them.
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 07:42:40
January 07 2010 07:42 GMT
#175
Too bad the foreigner scene isn't big enough to be well-concentrated other than maybe capital cities, or I bet we could encourage them to tour and do more foreign stuff. As it is, though...



That looked super cool, though. Great to see they had good enough english to converse.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
January 07 2010 08:06 GMT
#176
Hey it was great, as I went with pretty low expectations considering I started organising things at 9:30PM the night before and had to drive 3.5hrs from canberra to get there.

First some good news! Progamers will come back to Sydney! Other teams and players are set to be visiting in New Zealand, Sydney and Melbourne (reputedly) and in fact NaDa had visited Melb and NZ if I understood correctly. However we were informed that in the future more pro-teams are interested in coming out and there will be more notice on my part and organisation including booking an entire 150-computer LAN cafe, tournaments, prizes, etc. and I think I can get the lan cafe to give prizes too such as for hardware. I might drop the hint that they could have some pre-signed photos or cheerfuls for us so they don;t take up valuable time at the end. Also who knows but there may be possible interviews and we could take them gifts - we will have to wait and see if anything substantiates!

We started out nervously introducing and waiting for the guys cos the bloke at the front desk seemed strangely indifferent... Looked a bit emo or someth...

I just got back and am pretty tired - got called on my way to the gym last night and turned back, stayed up until 1:30AM trying to get some players to come and finally contacted Tung ([image loading]LastSCV) and Shaun ([image loading]Limp[KiS]) where the usual suspects for this kind of thing (fadetowhite, NrG.GoD- and Z.Kw) were all unavailable on vacation. Tung had to pull out because it was hectic at work, and Shaun turned up late because of work and poor Sydney parking.

So NSW B-Team teammates and roommates Tom ([image loading]Sotanath) and [image loading]Sanchez_ (sorry didn't catch your name mate but prob see you at uni some time), both around C- had to fill in.

To my best recollection the games went like, NaDa vs. Sanchez_ where sanchez_ took my advice and just camped with 10 sunkens well placed on andromeda. However we got to witness Progamer micro as NaDa fluidly busted it with about 16 mnm despite drones being pulled it was nice to see and pretty exciting. On the other side a desperate counter-attack by meching Sotanath saw herO lose a lot of drones on Desti but the damage had already been done at his base and he gg'd.

Next were the mirror match ups, which were painful as Sanchez_ felt herO's ling micro as he tried to get an early hatch in his main and Sotanath had the unenviable task of fighting off four cloaked wraiths in his main without an engineering bay or academy. Hopefully they remembered to get a replay or two.

We originally planned to have some Team Melee and 2v2s and whatnot but we really ran out of time. It was free admission to spectate and we got a bunch of signed stuff, though again due to time (they had a shoot booked for 3:30pm so we had about 2 hours) they had to head off.

I got four signed BW CDs by both players, and herO's signature on some paper. Unfortunately all of the CDs are taken by people who asked and for friends. Some of the other guys might have some spare swag but I think signing the shirt and CDs took a long time so there weren't many pages signed.

On January 07 2010 15:19 Roxen000 wrote:
Glad you guys had fun.

If I had known this a while earlier and the spectator spots weren't limited, I prob would of flown from Melb.


Yeah I had a feeling it wouldn't be limited once he told me that they only booked out one corner, seeing as they can't stop you from just rocking up to the net cafe but I'd never been there before (as Lhyviathan can confirm by my incessant calling for directions) so couldn't be certain.

On January 07 2010 15:25 Kiante wrote:
i wonder if the koreans realise how much we australians love them. Only 5 spectators, they probably think we dont know about them


Nah they were quite aware at how short-notice this is.

On January 07 2010 16:00 Kiante wrote:
Wouldn't it be sick if one day they set up a proper televised tournament with korean players in australia. I'd fly to sydney to see that


I think in the future there may be close to this
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 10:00:02
January 07 2010 09:15 GMT
#177
Sorry for the big pics, but I only had one and the new imageshack is confusing, here YunYeol and JunHo sign some loot as we all look on n_n

[image loading]


Some pics of the signed BW CDs and their respective soon-to-be owners n_n.

[image loading]


Close up of the autographs. NaDa's signature is pretty elaborate - a signature with a star at the end, his name in Korea, his ID in signature script and the date. herO's signature was just his name in hangeul and then his ID and date

[image loading]
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
SiDX
Profile Joined July 2009
New Zealand1975 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 09:31:41
January 07 2010 09:30 GMT
#178
OMG they better come auckland when they come to nz O_o
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
January 07 2010 09:41 GMT
#179
Wtf?

I just read this thread. Bit short notice lol. Guess i wasnt paying attention.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-07 09:50:21
January 07 2010 09:49 GMT
#180
Other teams and players are set to be visiting in w/e, w/e and Melbourne


YUSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 315
sorry 78
Mind 67
Bale 29
ZergMaN 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Other Games
summit1g6967
Coldzera 722
WinterStarcraft653
C9.Mang0314
Sick150
febbydoto16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick707
BasetradeTV161
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2170
League of Legends
• Rush1436
Other Games
• Shiphtur653
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 39m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.