• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:46
CEST 13:46
KST 20:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7994 users

[Photos/Interviews] Duke University vs. New River

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-12 06:44:12
October 12 2009 06:03 GMT
#1
I've been saving my 2000th post for a LONG time, and I decided this is a fitting way to spend it.

[image loading]

Players of Duke in a study room in one of the freshman dorms entered into iccup to face off against New River in an epic battle of Starcraft. That battle ended today at 9:30p.m. and put an end to our first match in the CSL this season. The results were as follows:

+ Show Spoiler +

Duke University 5 > 0 New River Community College

[image loading] CameronCraziE > [image loading] drakyal @ Asgard
+ Show Spoiler [Game Summary] +
drakyal goes proxy bbs on top of the cliff into CameronCraziE's nat. CameronCraziE scouts it, puts a Bunker on the ramp, holds off the attack without losses, and wins shortly thereafter.

[image loading] elim > [image loading] NRCC_[nYx] @ Destination
+ Show Spoiler [Game Summary] +
NRCC_[nYx] opens proxy raxes on Destination, manages to Bunker rush and kill elim's 12 hat 11 pool. elim puts a Sunken in his main, waits for Lurkers, mines the mineral patch near the ramp, and backstabs a pretty much empty Terran base.

[image loading] Liquid.NonY > [image loading] PencilOrange @ Ride of Valkyries
+ Show Spoiler [Game Summary] +
PencilOrange tries to FD against Liquid.NonY's 2 Gate/Obs micro. On the bright side, it was the first game that NRCC didn't try some sort of cheese.

[image loading] OneOther > [image loading] vAltyR @ Heartbreak Ridge
+ Show Spoiler [Game Summary] +
Both players open 2 gate builds with Reavers. vAltyR manages to move command his first attack into OneOthers' high ground position. OneOther sets up a contain and manages to write "DUK" in pylons before the game is over.

Ace = 4v4 @ Big Game Hunters

[image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading] Duke University > [image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading] New River Community College @ Big Game Hunters
+ Show Spoiler [Game Summary] +
CameronCraziE ended up with six or so dropships worth of Ghosts and Nukes. Everyone else was kind of boring except after the first 5 minutes Empyrean made nothing but Pylons and Photon Cannons. He also has much better building handwriting than OneOther does. However, since the middle of BGH is quite small, he only managed to write "DUK" in the middle while the "E" had to go into NRCC_[nYx]'s nat.



There was more to the night than the matches, overall it was a cool time. Took the opportunity to take some photos of the players in their natural environments:


[image loading]

Oh yeah... we keep this shit serious.

[image loading]

OneOther gets the team together via BB. DUKE TEAM ASSEMBLE!

[image loading]

Even NonY blessed us with his presence...

[image loading]

Yeah, fuck techs, I 4 probe rush this shit.

But how does he do it? Well this is the answer:
[image loading]

550 apm bitchez.

It all comes together as a wonderful package:
[image loading]

We straight reppin' this shit 5-0 style. No cheeses allowed of course.

And of course, the man behind the photos and the interviews:
[image loading]

O hai, I'm SilverskY!~


I got a chance to sit and talk with the winners of the matches afterwards and here is what they had to say:





Duke's Coordinator Empyrean:
"Didn't bother changing. Fuck off."

[image loading]


- You witnessed your team win quite convincingly today, what do you think was the prime reason for your team's overall success today?
▲ To be brutally honest, I think it was the skill of our players compared to the opposing team. NRCC however, was very smart, and prepared some strategic builds to hopefully catch our players off guard. Didn't work too well for them, though.

- You did not get the chance to play an official game today that contributed to the official 3-0 score before the 2 additional exhibition matches. Do you have anything planned (something special?) for the first match you will likely play next week?
▲ Hmm, I don't know if I'll put myself into the match next week. It really depends on many factors. And anyone who has ever played me knows that I -always- have something special planned for my games :D

- You saw 2 of your team mates get hit by 2 cheeses today in the first 2 games. As a player of SC yourself, what do you think is the most important factor in facing against a cheese in order to come out successful in the end? Do you think that applied to the 2 games today?
▲ I think to deal with cheeses, you must always be prudent in your scouting. In the first game, CameronCraziE realized his opponent's scout was uncannily early and never made it inside his base. In the second, elim counted his opponent's SCVs and realized something was wrong. After you realize a cheese is coming, it is important to play with a clear mind and make level-headed decisions to come out ahead. A large advantage of cheesy builds is the psychological impact they have on the opponent. If you play calmly and decisively, you remove much of that advantage.

- Bonus: In some of the pictures, you appear to have stains covering much of your clothing. What is the source of those stains?
▲ I went paintballing today and didn't bother changing. Fuck off.




Duke vs New River Set 1 Winner CameronCraziE:
"I wanted to win so I could set a good mood for our team to start the season."

[image loading]


- How do you feel about winning the first match?
▲ Since I played the first set, I wanted to win so I could set a good mood for our team to start the season. Therefore, I worked hard during practice and told myself during the match that I must win. Because things worked out as planned, I'm very happy.

- You displayed strong defense against your opponent's early bio rush.
▲ During practice, I came across this situation many times so I was prepared. I was lucky when my scouting SCV saw his proxy barracks. After I blocked his initial rush, I relaxed a bit because I knew I was in a good position to win.

- Any final words?
▲ I would like to thank my teammate Bo for helping me practice, as well as infinity21 for helping me develop the strategy for the game. I also would like to thank my fans for their support. I hope I can continue to show great games in the future.




Duke vs New River Set 2 Winner Elim:
"I carry a heavy burden like Jaedong."

[image loading]


- You had a hard time against your opponent's bunker rush.
▲ After watching the first set, I figured I would be bunker rushed. Unfortunately, his cheese was the silent but deadly type, and I was unable to save my expansion. However, I was able to let one rip myself, and overwhelm the stench.

- How does it feel like to be the best zerg on the team?
▲ As the most baller, most awesome zerg on the team, I carry a heavy burden, kinda like Jaedong when he was in all the leagues all tired and stuff.

- Any last words for your fans?
▲ Maybe. I can't think of anything though. So no. However, I would like to thank my friend Hao, Joe, Yue, and Julian for helping me practice.




Duke vs New River Set 4 Winner OneOther:
"I failed to write out DUKE with pylons..."

[image loading]


- How would you evaluate your performance in the game?
▲ Mediocre at best. I failed to write out DUKE with pylons; I accidentally attacked in the middle of finishing my E! Joke aside, it was a standard but enjoyable game. Props to my opponent vAltyR for not attempting some cute cheese, because it's not fun to die to it or win after defending.

- What was the highlight of the night?
▲ Definitely Elim's match. He played with balls not giving up after losing his natural and got the W in the end. Brilliant counter. Fucking champ.

- Any other comments?
▲ It was a lot of fun, but I just wish Tyler could have been there. He promised to show up next week, so we will see. Elim has a fucking ownage Yamato Cannon shirt, and his match was definitely the most exciting to watch. I look forward to our future matches and hopefully we will be challenged a little bit. Just kidding.


STAY TUNED FOR NEXT WEEK'S PHOTOS AND INTERVIEWS!!
Graphics
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
October 12 2009 06:13 GMT
#2
Its Nony! lol so cute =D
Jaedong :3
viewer
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada662 Posts
October 12 2009 06:14 GMT
#3
Wow neat you put alot of effort into this very nice!
Scias
Profile Joined July 2009
United States148 Posts
October 12 2009 06:18 GMT
#4
this brightened my night
PoP
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
France15446 Posts
October 12 2009 06:33 GMT
#5
Anyone else think SilverskY looks like a mix of NaDa and Free?
Administrator
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 12 2009 06:34 GMT
#6
Love the interview format.

The photos, however, are not up to Fomos/NeverGG quality.
Moderator
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-12 06:49:13
October 12 2009 06:35 GMT
#7
On October 12 2009 15:34 TheYango wrote:
Love the interview format.

The photos, however, are not up to Fomos/NeverGG quality.


That's because the lighting in that room was ass and balls. And I had to resize the images smaller and to lower quality because this thread would take years to load if I kept them at normal size and quality. And besides, I believe NeverGG has a camera that is leaps and bounds over mine in terms of quality...
Graphics
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
October 12 2009 06:36 GMT
#8
can't wait for nony photos
Commentator
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
October 12 2009 06:36 GMT
#9
On October 12 2009 15:33 PoP wrote:
Anyone else think SilverskY looks like a mix of NaDa and Free?


Question restated:

Anyone else think SilverskY looks incredibly good looking?
Graphics
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
October 12 2009 06:38 GMT
#10
awesome shit J <3
tyler's hoppin the partay next week
SilverskY
Profile Joined September 2008
Korea (South)3086 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-12 06:47:17
October 12 2009 06:45 GMT
#11
For those of you who wanted pics of NonY:

This was at a lunch with me, Empyrean and NonY near the beginning of the semester:


[image loading]

NonY explaining how to rape shit in SC

[image loading]



Nony if you don't want these pics up, then you can just shoot me a pm or something and I'll take them off.
Graphics
spydernoob
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada1066 Posts
October 12 2009 06:49 GMT
#12
camaron crazie interview was lolol. thats good satire
wraiths go pew pew
comabreaded
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
United States2166 Posts
October 12 2009 06:59 GMT
#13
Omg my gf is the one who made that Yamato cannon shirt (for me) and put it on Cafe Press. I'm pleasantly surprised someone else has it.
I put the fu in fun
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-12 07:02:26
October 12 2009 07:00 GMT
#14
look at that evil smirk... so evil i must say nony. you are evil!

but that sounds awesome, sadly it wasn't as great on the other side. We were playing in a computer lab surrounded by people studying rofl

sorry i didn't allow obs during the match of me vs nony, someone on my team (i forget who) told me obs was unallowed. I would have allowed it if i knew this kinda shit was going on.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
JFKWT
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore1442 Posts
October 12 2009 07:00 GMT
#15
omg if it was WL format Nony would all killed

on another note, the Yamato shirt is killer
The calm before the storm / "loli is not a crime, but meganekko is the way to go!"
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
October 12 2009 07:13 GMT
#16
I actually think the photos are very nice. Especially this one;

http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/SilverskY/EmpyreanInterview.jpg

(Focusing on the mouse ftw.) Good OP I feel your pain over lighting. It was the bane of my existence when I only owned my Nikon and it still annoys me on a regular basis even now i'm using the (vastly more expensive.) Canon.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
October 12 2009 07:15 GMT
#17
hahaah sweet report lol :D
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
October 12 2009 07:21 GMT
#18
Love the pro style interview
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
October 12 2009 07:23 GMT
#19
dude you guys are awesome
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
BaltA
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Norway849 Posts
October 12 2009 07:35 GMT
#20
NonY!!!!!!


Will he be partisipating in that ?? Then you have a FUCKING good player in ur rooster yoo!!
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings168
SHIN 78
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 324
OGKoka 284
ByuN 267
SHIN 78
MindelVK 21
Railgan 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69340
Calm 10875
Rain 2547
FanTaSy 1138
Bisu 1037
soO 742
Soulkey 569
Stork 414
Shuttle 372
Rush 268
[ Show more ]
Soma 224
firebathero 212
Light 165
Snow 154
Last 151
Mind 87
Pusan 69
ToSsGirL 59
Shinee 42
Bale 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 33
Trap 33
Mong 28
Free 28
Sharp 28
Hm[arnc] 27
hero 25
Sexy 21
yabsab 19
zelot 18
Shine 16
sorry 15
HiyA 13
Aegong 12
Sacsri 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
scan(afreeca) 10
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6789
Dendi235
League of Legends
Reynor98
Counter-Strike
x6flipin958
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns33624
singsing2223
byalli575
B2W.Neo312
Pyrionflax252
ToD18
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 96
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV496
League of Legends
• Jankos3241
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 798
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 15m
OSC
11h 15m
Replay Cast
11h 15m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.