• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:24
CEST 13:24
KST 20:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7467 users

Newbie Student Mafia IX

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
April 25 2015 01:07 GMT
#45
Was reading the Newbie Student Mafia VIII thread at work today. Suddenly an hour was gone.

(newbie) /in
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-29 12:53:41
April 29 2015 12:47 GMT
#63
As I already mentioned I've read Newbie Student Mafia VIII. Currently I am reading Newbie Student Mafia VII (halfway done). Since it seems like this one will take a bit till it starts: Can the Vets recommend me some good Mafias to read?
Though I should probably not only read them but try to analyse the plays of people I would have read wrong afterwards. Not sure if will actually get around to that. xD
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
April 29 2015 13:47 GMT
#66
Okay, thanks for your suggestions. Will see how far I get with those.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 01 2015 20:15 GMT
#95
On May 02 2015 05:01 kitaman27 wrote:
Still waiting to hear back from disformation and Bill Murray


Present and accounted for. You have two PMs. Yes, two because I suck at reading. Hopefully that will work better, when the game actually starts.
Tbh I'm kinda hyped/nervous. xD
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 01 2015 22:22 GMT
#99
Yeah, not being able to edit feels so strange already. Will probably default to reading a post thrice before I post it. xD
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 02 2015 02:07 GMT
#102
On May 02 2015 08:45 Half the Sky wrote:
Yeh folks, the moderators are not out to get people here. If you make a mistake, you're here to learn and you have your coaching qts, so don't worry about it. This gives you a sense of what flies and what doesn't before you play our veteran games where things are generally less lenient.


Sure, I don't expect to be lynched for one small mistake.
That being said, I don't like making mistakes, so I hope I can get used to that EBWOP business fast.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 02 2015 16:37 GMT
#111
Heading out for the evening.
Will be bach at game start time (+/- 1 hour).

GL HF, everyone. :D
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 02 2015 23:50 GMT
#174
Okay, I am bach, I hope it is not to late for my "awesome" entry post.

So, this is my first forum-mafia game ever (played a bit of IRL-mafia though).
Since I am not really quick-witted and need some time to formulate/analyze questions/answers, I think forum-mafia might suit me better.

I've read the guide and a few of the recommended older mafia games on this forum.
Soon I realized that I definitely will need to take notes to keep up with everything that will be happening.

Therefore I plan on making a list of posts I like or dislike (aka read as towny or scummy) sorted by day and poster. I also plan on tracking relationships between posters (who is pushing whom and so on).

And now a question especially (but not only) for our vets: can you recommend other stuff that is worth noting down/tracking?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 02 2015 23:54 GMT
#176
On May 03 2015 08:51 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2015 08:50 disformation wrote:
Okay, I am bach, I hope it is not to late for my "awesome" entry post.

So, this is my first forum-mafia game ever (played a bit of IRL-mafia though).
Since I am not really quick-witted and need some time to formulate/analyze questions/answers, I think forum-mafia might suit me better.

I've read the guide and a few of the recommended older mafia games on this forum.
Soon I realized that I definitely will need to take notes to keep up with everything that will be happening.

Therefore I plan on making a list of posts I like or dislike (aka read as towny or scummy) sorted by day and poster. I also plan on tracking relationships between posters (who is pushing whom and so on).

And now a question especially (but not only) for our vets: can you recommend other stuff that is worth noting down/tracking?


Were you planning to post this before the game started?


Not gonna lie: at least something very similar to that.
Should have maybe posted that before the actual game started? But I still think the question is valid. If you want you can see that post as NAI. =p
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 02 2015 23:55 GMT
#179
Still hoping to get some hints from you, as scott31337 has already mentioned that you are one of the vets he is keeping tabs on.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 02 2015 23:56 GMT
#180
EBWOP: last post was @Superbia
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 03 2015 00:06 GMT
#192
On May 03 2015 08:55 Fecalfeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2015 08:50 disformation wrote:
Okay, I am bach, I hope it is not to late for my "awesome" entry post.

So, this is my first forum-mafia game ever (played a bit of IRL-mafia though).
Since I am not really quick-witted and need some time to formulate/analyze questions/answers, I think forum-mafia might suit me better.

I've read the guide and a few of the recommended older mafia games on this forum.
Soon I realized that I definitely will need to take notes to keep up with everything that will be happening.

Therefore I plan on making a list of posts I like or dislike (aka read as towny or scummy) sorted by day and poster. I also plan on tracking relationships between posters (who is pushing whom and so on).

And now a question especially (but not only) for our vets: can you recommend other stuff that is worth noting down/tracking?

Good Idea, I've made a spreadsheet for this game myself and usually do not.

Regardless of whether your list is already made, are there any posts that would go on such a list? If so, where on the list? (scummy/town)


Currently I have made note of the posts where scott31337 explained which of the vets he will be keeping taps on, the two "read" posts from the shining. The Shining is also actively engaging people. Minimal town leaning on scott, more town leaning for The Shining.

You also get a townie brownie for the questions.

I hope my reads will get more solid, as the game progresses.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 03 2015 00:06 GMT
#193
On May 03 2015 09:01 The Shining wrote:
That disform post is NAI but good to keep tabs on. There are a couple of promises in there, I wonder if he'll keep them.


I'll do my best.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 03 2015 00:14 GMT
#200
On May 03 2015 09:13 y0su wrote:
yeah, remember some of us are in EU (3am here).


2am in germany.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 03 2015 00:59 GMT
#236
On May 03 2015 09:52 ritoky wrote:
has there been sum shit so far? i str8 didn't read nuffin.


There was a short discussion about HTS starting to play tomorrow.

On May 03 2015 09:30 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2015 09:28 The Shining wrote:
He did ask if you were the obs dude, as well.

As for HTS, I'm slightly hesitant there. That's pure policy to me. It's late for her and it's the weekend. She said she'd pick it up tomorrow.


Rofl. Where did she say that?


On May 03 2015 09:35 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2015 14:18 Half the Sky wrote:
Inactive Sunday (or first half of D1, since I'm out at a shower) but normal activity will resume Sunday night into Monday morning.


You guys need to freaking read if you're gonna keep trying to scum EVERYTHING I POST. ffs.


On May 03 2015 09:42 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2015 09:40 The Shining wrote:
Nah but now I know you're not reading. Thanks for that.

"It's not in her filter."

I want to believe you just thought you caught something but the lie hurts. You're just trying to throw scum on me. Red flag.

Scott actually looks worse for posting a pointless ut oh, as opposed to checking HtS filter himself to see if you were even being truthful.


Ya except that trying to play around such an easy argument is pointless. So no. Fact is that I missed it, alas. I was scanning for Saturday night, not Sunday.



And so on...

On May 03 2015 09:54 ritoky wrote:
i randomly clicked to a page, and there was a disformation guy or girl....w8 no girls on internet, must be guy. anywayz dat dude was liek full of smileyz and shit everywhere. i don't like people who spam emoticons. top scum read.


And yes I am the guy with all dem smilies.
Would you like to have some more? You seem kinda upset about it for some reason?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 03 2015 01:09 GMT
#238
On May 03 2015 10:03 ritoky wrote:
so there was a discussion about non-alignment indicative stuff about someone not being here for 12-24 hrs of a phase....and nothing was concluded about it....why am i supposed to care?


Uh, you did ask what was happening?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 03 2015 01:25 GMT
#243
On May 03 2015 10:17 ritoky wrote:
disform, watchu think of superbia?


Okay, here we go:

On May 03 2015 09:02 Superbia wrote:
I don't really want to give away what I'm paying attention to at this point in time, for obvious reasons.

You should have a coach you can ask. It's not optimal to ask actual playing players.

To be honest, asking me (and others) is kinda making me read you mafia (as I kinda expect you to know you have a coach).

At first I was greatly confused why asking questions == mafia in this post. But I guess I kinda asked what behaviour people are looking for, which could also benefit mafia I guess. Still kinda confused about this. Maybe he could explain that to me?

On May 03 2015 09:33 Superbia wrote:
It's not in her filter. :D

Part of the HTS discussion. At first a lack of attention was suspected, but it kinda cleared up into a nullish thing.

On May 03 2015 09:45 Superbia wrote:
Actually I'll let you guys do this one and observe for now. :D

This raised some red flags for me. Sure he may want to read more stuff from other people to get more reads on them. Or to look who might follow this up... still really suspicious to me.

So yeah, overall I have a slight scum leaning towards him.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 03 2015 01:42 GMT
#257
On May 03 2015 10:33 Superbia wrote:
Z. New player comes into thread with canned post. Asks others what to look for while he has a coach to ask this. Feels like a dumbtell-ish planned post (and therefore scummy). The fact that he admits that this kind of post was sort of planned feels townie.

It's not optimal to ask other players because you are in the game with them. I'm not going to be able to give straight up advice because I am unsure of his alignment.


Thank you very much.
Clarified your stance much better.

On May 03 2015 10:33 ritoky wrote:
don't you have town reads on people like shining for being active, pushing, and questioning. explain to me why what superbia is doing is different from shining.


Well, yes.
But this post:

On May 03 2015 09:45 Superbia wrote:
Actually I'll let you guys do this one and observe for now. :D


Just raises a red flag for me. As I said earlier I have an idea how this could be town motivated. But I don't really see it.

On May 03 2015 10:35 ritoky wrote:
also that post had no smileys -.-


Damn. Forgot. =D
Have some more:
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 03 2015 10:55 GMT
#370
Good morning everyone.
Some stuff I am wondering:

Stutters695 :
You were around for a bit, but my list on you is empty and your filter is really short. Give us something more to work with? How bad do you think scott looks now? Any idea of who you would lynch as of now? Scum reads?

ritoky :
Your two pushes so far were towards me were easy pushes on me and y0su, both of which are newbies. Coincidence or looking for easy misslynches?
You also seem to be defensive about superbia. Scum mate of yours?

sicklucker :
For not wanting to play d1, you seem to be around a bit. Changed your mind a bit, or is it more in the vain of your d1 reads being bad anyway? Not sure what your spamy stuff is supposed to be though. Kinda confused tbh. If that was what you were aiming for: congrats.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
May 03 2015 10:56 GMT
#371
EBWOP:

ritoky:
Your two pushes so were were easy pushes on me and y0su, both of which are newbies. Coincidence or looking for easy misslynches?
You also seem to be defensive of superbia. Scum mate of yours?
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ClassicLIVE!
ByuN vs Shameless
CranKy Ducklings147
SHIN 70
CranKy Ducklings SOOP50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 304
OGKoka 270
ByuN 263
SHIN 70
MindelVK 14
Railgan 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 67051
Calm 10285
Rain 2716
soO 1006
FanTaSy 778
Bisu 757
BeSt 720
Stork 424
Rush 296
Soulkey 278
[ Show more ]
Soma 221
firebathero 200
Last 137
Snow 106
Mind 90
Light 83
Pusan 71
ToSsGirL 67
Shinee 47
hero 41
Free 34
Sexy 33
Sharp 33
Trap 33
Killer 31
Mong 28
Bale 28
Hm[arnc] 26
yabsab 20
zelot 19
sorry 18
Shine 16
HiyA 15
Sacsri 11
Noble 11
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8035
League of Legends
Reynor102
Counter-Strike
x6flipin299
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
gofns31300
singsing2035
byalli628
Pyrionflax241
B2W.Neo67
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 109
• Gemini_19 7
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV487
League of Legends
• Jankos3595
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 36m
OSC
11h 36m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.