• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:53
CEST 02:53
KST 09:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8964 users

Flash Interview on Balance, David Kim, and Parting

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-26 07:15:47
February 26 2014 07:00 GMT
#1
This is a quick second-hand and shortened translation. As always, it is important to note about the things that lost during the two translation processes.

[image loading]

Q: Words for winning the series for the team.

Flash: Like the last series, my performance was not very good. In the ACE match, I was very nervous, so there were many mistakes. Next time I really need to be relaxed a little bit more.

Q: Your current TvP is not very good. It was not like this in the past.

Flash: On the one hand, Protoss is in an advantageous position; on the other hand, I did not play to my full strength like I did in the practice. In other matchups, you are less likely to get all-in’ed. But in TvP, you need to be completely ready for all-ins. It is a huge headache. And even I don’t have confidence. In the next series, I will prepare well and hope I can meet Protoss again.

Q: Is Protoss in a dominant position?

Flash: To be honest, it is at the moment. But Protoss is not invincible. I believe I will get better and I am practicing hard. In the practice, I can win Protoss often.

Q: Is it predetermined that you play the ACE match?

Flash: Yes. I expect my opponent to be either solar or Roro, or it’s a Protoss. I prepared everything, so I had confidence for the ACE match.

Q: How did you expect the game with Stork?

Flash: I want to play TvP. I want to meet a Protoss in the next match. I want to improve my weakness and accumulate more experience.


[image loading]

Q: How do you feel about Stork’s ceremony?

Flash: I don’t care how people do ceremony after winning me. I even want to applaud for Stork’s victory. But on the other hand, I did take notice of Parting’s ceremony where he used the ruler that I used for preparing my gears. It’s uncomfortable that the material of the ceremony is based on my behavior (smile). Back in the United States, I treated Parting very well. I even paid for several meals for him. He said he won’t do ceremony to me. But now he did this to me, which makes me feel betrayed. Parting was considered by many as not a beloved person but I thought him as a kind-hearted player. But now I am disappointed. It would be better if he just did a ceremony with a 'shutdown move' (smile).


Q: Any words for David Kim?

Flash: He said I can send him email, so I did several times. Several patches until now have reflected my opinions to some extent. So I don’t have more to say. David Kim probably heard too many opinions from too many sides, so he couldn’t make changes so easily. But Protoss is indeed overpowered. I think he will have solutions in the next patch.

--------------------------------------------------------

Also some news:

Now people who go to SPL studio to watch the game can earn points which can redeem for coffee, chocolate, and even Louis Vuitton handbag, and Samsung pad. In addition, now there is "Proleague Girl" show between the two matches.

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Source:

http://s.163.com/14/0225/21/9LV7PQK500314Q8T.html

http://s.163.com/14/0226/11/9M0NM1LB00314Q8N.html
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
February 26 2014 07:03 GMT
#2
If David Kim keeps listening to Flash, Starcraft 2 has a bright future indeed
KT FlaSh FOREVER
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
February 26 2014 07:03 GMT
#3
The thing about Parting is amusing, haha. I guess he really takes his rulers seriously.

Also, David Kim is the one true Ruler. Anyway, MSC sight range might change some shit so we'll see!
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-26 07:05:19
February 26 2014 07:04 GMT
#4
Flash is angered at parting's betrayal! Parting going to feel god's wrath soon.

Speaking of the proleague girls. I'll leave this here courtesy of wolf.

https://vine.co/v/Mm2Vi7VtVXB
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
February 26 2014 07:06 GMT
#5
Q: How do you feel about Stork’s ceremony?

Flash: I don’t care how people do ceremony after winning me. I even want to applause for Stork’s victory. But on the other hand, I did take notice of Parting’s ceremony where he used the ruler that I used for preparing my gears. It’s uncomfortable that the material of the ceremony is based on my behavior (smile). In the United States, I treated Parting very well. I even paid for several meals for him. I said he won’t do ceremony to me. But now he did this to me, which make me feel betrayed. Parting was considered by many as not a beloved person but I thought him as a kind-hearted player. So now I am disappointed.


Damn. PartinG, the sellsword toss xD
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
padiseal2
Profile Joined August 2012
Austria721 Posts
February 26 2014 07:06 GMT
#6
Thanks for the translation.
I laughed at the part about flash sending DK e-mails
Samsungjackets on twitch || 강민수 화이팅
Micro_Jackson
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany2002 Posts
February 26 2014 07:07 GMT
#7
So thats how coffee promotion girls dress in korea.... damn i was born in the wrong country....
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
February 26 2014 07:08 GMT
#8
oh shit a LV bag, time to go to Proleague
Caladbolg
Profile Joined March 2011
2855 Posts
February 26 2014 07:10 GMT
#9
Flash emails DK:

Hi DK. This Flash, BW gosu SC2 chobo. Plz mech win v Parting.

Patch: Widow Mines + Shield Splash Damage.

Incoming mech TvP from Flash.
"I don't like the word prodigy at all. To me prodigy sounds like a person who was 'gifted' all these things rather than a person who earned all these talents by hard training... I must train harder to reach my goal." - Flash
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
February 26 2014 07:12 GMT
#10
Omg those adorable skirts
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
February 26 2014 07:16 GMT
#11
proleague girls :D
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Giant Robot
Profile Joined August 2012
38 Posts
February 26 2014 07:16 GMT
#12
Daddy is disappointed :-)
Will Green bananas ruin banana bread?
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
February 26 2014 07:20 GMT
#13
Those skirts! Them legs! What did Flash say again?
KT best KT ~ 2014
d00p
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
711 Posts
February 26 2014 07:48 GMT
#14
On February 26 2014 16:12 lichter wrote:
Omg those adorable skirts


Adorable = as short as possible? That's one way to put it I guess but I do like. But the real question is what will the girls do with their bland hair to spark Wolf's interest once more. Will they be getting some of that?
d00p
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
711 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-26 07:53:32
February 26 2014 07:49 GMT
#15
Part about Parting is hilarious btw. Either he is not serious at all or there is some serious lost in translation going on. Probably both.
kawin159
Profile Joined December 2013
Thailand60 Posts
February 26 2014 07:51 GMT
#16
I wonder what will flash do if he wins against parting.
Soulkey is simply god
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-26 07:56:27
February 26 2014 07:56 GMT
#17
On February 26 2014 16:48 d00p wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2014 16:12 lichter wrote:
Omg those adorable skirts


Adorable = as short as possible?


Indeed, reminds me of when I lived in Japan for a while. Those high schoolgirls and those short skirts...
KT best KT ~ 2014
RaZorwire
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden718 Posts
February 26 2014 07:59 GMT
#18
We have Flash to thank for the widow mine buff, people, you heard it here first.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
February 26 2014 08:04 GMT
#19
On February 26 2014 16:56 aZealot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2014 16:48 d00p wrote:
On February 26 2014 16:12 lichter wrote:
Omg those adorable skirts


Adorable = as short as possible?


Indeed, reminds me of when I lived in Japan for a while. Those high schoolgirls and those short skirts...


Biking through windy roads to school was the best
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
February 26 2014 08:06 GMT
#20
True, standing at the train station watching them go by was another.
KT best KT ~ 2014
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft375
CranKy Ducklings1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft370
CosmosSc2 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2090
Artosis 621
Shuttle 564
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever681
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox448
Other Games
summit1g7500
JimRising 573
C9.Mang0298
Maynarde134
ViBE116
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick978
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 7m
Stellar Fest
12h 7m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.