• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:01
CEST 06:01
KST 13:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8488 users

[Interview] SPL STX Soul VS KeSPA Team 8 R1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 11:38:15
December 23 2012 11:19 GMT
#1
(T)Team8_BaBy

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about winning two times on your 5th anniversary since your debut?

It's already been five years since I became a pro gamer. I'm happy that I was able to take two wins on a special day, and I'm thankful to the fans who always cheer for me.

Did you anticipate a close match with STX?

After winning the first set, I thought we would easily win 4-0, but STX is a tough team, too. When the ace match that I didn't think would happen came, I was very nervous and worried.

Were you chosen in advance to be sent out for the ace match?

It was informally decided from the start. When my coach told me to practice for the ace match, I wanted to make sure that I did well and won two games for my 5th anniversary. I feel great that I was able to perform well after my hard work.

Don't you feel pressured about being the new ace since Jaedong switched teams?

I don't feel pressured. Jaedong-hyung was sent out as the ace because his skill was leaps ahead of the other players on our team, but [my teammates] still believed that I would do well and are treating me well even now. Because of that, I'm looking forward to [being the ace] in the future.

Your next opponent will be EG-TL. It looks like it will be exciting if you are set to play against Jaedong.

Whenever I faced Jaedong-hyung in tournaments, regardless of whether I won or lost, the matches were always exciting. I want a very entertaining game to unfold if we meet at the ace match.

Do you still keep in contact with Jaedong?

When I reached Code S, Jaedong sent me his congratulations.

EG-TL's foreign players have been in a slump. Are you confident that you won't become their first sacrifice?

I've heard rumors that ThorZaIN is a good player. I think that it'll be difficult, but since my momentum has been strong recently, I think I can manage to win if I prepare a lot.

How did you prepare the Battlecruiser build for the first game?

Battlecruisers are very strong against mech, but it's difficult to use them because of the threat you face during the early game. But since every location is blocked by walls on Arkanoid, it's not unreasonable to use Battlecruisers on the map. Because my win rate when using the build during practice is high, I also used it during this match. Even before, I've always been thinking about [using Battlecruisers], and the reason that I hadn't done so was just that I didn't have any opportunities.

What are your plans for Christmas?

I don't have any special plans (laughs). I don't know what I'll do, but I think I'll either go out with my teammates or stay at the team house.

Do you have anything more to say?

It's already been five years since my debut. I want to send my thanks to the fans who always root for me. They gave me stuff to eat, and that gave me a large drive to win the ace match. I would like it if they continued to cheer a lot for me.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 23 2012 11:23 GMT
#2
wow, five years already. i never really knew him in BW since i didn't follow it, but that's pretty boss
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 11:25:51
December 23 2012 11:25 GMT
#3
oh yeah hes been around for a while, youngest on a pro team and all, a pic of him from back then.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
December 23 2012 11:52 GMT
#4
Thanks wozzi!
Get off my lawn, young punks
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
December 23 2012 12:12 GMT
#5
On December 23 2012 20:23 opterown wrote:
wow, five years already. i never really knew him in BW since i didn't follow it, but that's pretty boss


Just think of someone like Bisu who's been a pro since '06. Lol.
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
ZerglingTwins
Profile Joined October 2012
United States850 Posts
December 23 2012 13:30 GMT
#6
Baby is so cute in that old picture. Nowadays, he hardly smiles, progamer pressures got to him.
Searching for my twin ling brother.
Mahanaim
Profile Joined December 2012
Korea (South)1002 Posts
December 23 2012 13:33 GMT
#7
"rumors" that Thorzain is good, haha.
Celebrating Starcraft since... a long time ago.
AXygnus
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Portugal1008 Posts
December 23 2012 13:33 GMT
#8
Man, everyone compliments Thorzain...
"To create, to recreate. To create, to recreate. Down to the last seed, I stand with a dark stare. Still silent. Still frighteningly silent."
jnd
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Czech Republic915 Posts
December 23 2012 19:31 GMT
#9
Poor Last, man. But I was really happy that BaBy won both games. I hope he'll continue going strong for the next 5 years, in Code S, in Proleague and any other tournaments. His games are really entertaining like pulling off the BC build while having 5 bases by 15 minutes, he expands like Flash in BW :D

If I didn't watch his GOMTV Classic matches I wouldn't know him for a very long time so I'm glad I always remembered him as very talented player.
Team 8 BaBy will be the next Terran Bonjwa in HoTS | HSC V, the best tournament in 2012 | GD Studio #1 no fluff esports show
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 31
Nina 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2384
Shinee 55
NotJumperer 17
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever881
NeuroSwarm191
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft423
Other Games
summit1g7224
Coldzera 747
JimRising 672
C9.Mang0372
PiGStarcraft267
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1000
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1028
• Rush947
• Stunt180
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.