• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:26
CEST 01:26
KST 08:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6879 users

[Interview] U/D Group A 2012 GSL Season 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-22 15:29:27
October 22 2012 14:49 GMT
#1
(Z)TSL_HyuN

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You must be feeling some kind of emotion after making it to Code S for the first time.

I feel very good. It's unfortunate that it took so much time to reach Code S since I started, but I'm satisfied with advancing to Code S.

You made it out of your group relatively quickly, but were slowed down by aLive.

I started to become careless after getting three wins. Also, I was filled with worry because I was playing against Terran on the same map twice in a row.

You made it out of your group in first place with a score of 4-1.

I was confident in my skill and believed that I was guaranteed to advance.

Which game was your most difficult one today?

Most of the games that I won were one-sided, but I remember my game against JYP being the hardest.

During the early game in your match against JYP, you appeared to have secured the victory by attacking your opponent's Probe line, but you were not able to clinch the set so easily.

I wasn't able to kill enough Probes with my Zergling harassment and received too much damage from his Dark Templar. When I scouted him with an Overseer, I saw JYP upgrading Blink. I had already believed it was a fake at the time, but I got too hung up on it and became confused while playing.

How did you prepare for today's matches?

I practiced builds that I was confident in and improvised my play today. Since I was facing many Terrans, I decided to use a variety of plays.

Now that you've reached Code S, you must have set some goals for yourself.

Since it took me so long to reach Code S, I want to make up for it by advancing as far as I can. As I watched Life win, I became jealous of him, but I also learned many things from him. Because I think my skills are sufficient to face anybody, I believe that it is also possible for me to become a Royal Roader.

Numerous KeSPA players have also advanced to Code S.

I think of the KeSPA players as being the same as me. Because I also transitioned to Starcraft 2 late, I know how they feel. So much time has passed since then, so I feel that we are even with the other players. There are variations between individual players due to differences in motivation and skill, but there is no huge difference overall.

Do you have anyone that you think could be an obstacle to winning?

I don't think there is anyone. During BW, my ZvT wasn't very good, but I don't think I have any weak matchups in SC2.

Do you have any last words?

I want to send my thanks to my juniors, who helped me with practice. Since it's easy to catch a cold this season, I would like it if everyone took care of their health.



(T)ST_Hack

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Since this is your first time making it into Code S, we're curious to hear your thoughts on the matter.

I'm incredibly glad. It finally feels like it's become a reality for me. Because I had dropped out of the Up-and-Downs for three seasons in a row, I was a bit anxious about failing again, but I'm very glad about making it through like this.

You succeeded in advancing to Code S at the end of the 15th and final set.

Before the match, I went into aLive's booth and begged him to win for my sake (laughs). ALive replied to me that he would do all he could. If I get an opportunity next time, I want to treat him to a meal.

Which match would you say was your most difficult today?

I remember my matches against Zerg being the hardest. Because things didn't go as I'd expected, I disappointingly lost.

How did you prepare for today's matches?

I wasn't able to prepare much for my match versus MMA. Even though I didn't have enough time to practice, I hadn't thought that I would have to play all the way to my last match. I only practiced for my opponents up to aLive, but luckily, I was still able to win.

A while ago, your partner, Life, managed to win the GSL. You must have felt very inspired.

I indeed did. It made me think of what I had accomplished during my three seasons in Code A. I want to work very hard to follow Life's path.

Quite a few KeSPA players managed to advance to Code S for GSL Season 5.

I think this GSL will be extremely difficult. Because I've already lost before to RorO, I want to avoid him if at all possible.

Are there any players whom you would like to face or avoid in Code S?

I want to face Bogus because he defeated Bomber in Code A and currently holds the #1 rank on ladder; I want to see just how good a player he is. I want to avoid Rain because I don't want to be crushed under his current momentum.

Because this is the last season of Code S for this year, you must have set some goals for yourself.

I heard that the Code S semifinals of this season will be held in Las Vegas, so I will work myself to the bone so that I will be able to go there.

Do you have any last words?

Even though it was a day of rest, my teammates helped me with my matches today, so I want to send them my thanks. I will make sure not to disappoint everyone during my first run in Code S. Finally, I want to thank my team's sponsors, Red Bull, Zowie, and Joy Gear.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
October 22 2012 14:53 GMT
#2
zomg so fast

translators need nerf
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
October 22 2012 14:57 GMT
#3
On October 22 2012 23:53 catplanetcatplanet wrote:
zomg so fast

translators need nerf


are fast translations killing e-sports?!

expect another thread!
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
October 22 2012 14:59 GMT
#4
On October 22 2012 23:57 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2012 23:53 catplanetcatplanet wrote:
zomg so fast

translators need nerf


are fast translations killing e-sports?!

expect another thread!


"Is oversaturation of translators killing sc2? discuss."
Quateras
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany867 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-22 15:07:10
October 22 2012 15:06 GMT
#5
Thank you for the translations wozzot

Since it's easy to catch a cold this season, I would like it if everyone took care of their health.


Haha Hyun pulling a MVP :D
"If you don't know where you are going, you can never get lost."
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
October 22 2012 15:07 GMT
#6
Thanks for the speedy interview!
Glad to see Hyun finally make it!
Another Royal Roader incoming?!
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
October 22 2012 15:16 GMT
#7
Thanks a lot for the translation! Hyun shouldn't be too overconfident, he had a serious case of 1a syndrome in today's matches...he needs to cure that one to advance far into Code S.
Get off my lawn, young punks
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
October 22 2012 15:35 GMT
#8
that was quick! thank you
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
October 22 2012 15:35 GMT
#9
Does this confirm Innovation on the KR ladder as being Bogus?
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
October 22 2012 15:39 GMT
#10
Very fast interviews haha nice
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
Elurie
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
4716 Posts
October 22 2012 15:41 GMT
#11
On October 23 2012 00:16 ACrow wrote:
Thanks a lot for the translation! Hyun shouldn't be too overconfident, he had a serious case of 1a syndrome in today's matches...he needs to cure that one to advance far into Code S.

Haha, that was exactly what entered my mind when he said he could be the next royal roader.
CuteZergling
Profile Joined November 2011
641 Posts
October 22 2012 17:20 GMT
#12
Thank you for translation. Great to see IPL.HyuN advance.
Team owner of team QTLing
Hryul
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria2609 Posts
October 22 2012 17:49 GMT
#13
poor MMA
Countdown to victory: 1 200!
FnaticPink
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark324 Posts
October 22 2012 17:55 GMT
#14
On October 23 2012 02:20 CuteZergling wrote:
Thank you for translation. Great to see IPL.HyuN advance.


what?
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
October 22 2012 17:56 GMT
#15


thanks for the translating it was so quick xD
@taefoxy
CuteZergling
Profile Joined November 2011
641 Posts
October 22 2012 18:09 GMT
#16
On October 23 2012 02:55 EU.Pink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 02:20 CuteZergling wrote:
Thank you for translation. Great to see IPL.HyuN advance.


what?


Well, IPL pays him a weekly salary of $500...
Team owner of team QTLing
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
October 22 2012 18:18 GMT
#17
On October 23 2012 02:55 EU.Pink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 02:20 CuteZergling wrote:
Thank you for translation. Great to see IPL.HyuN advance.


what?


Go look at the IPL Fight Club Liquipedia page.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
October 22 2012 18:22 GMT
#18
On October 23 2012 03:18 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 02:55 EU.Pink wrote:
On October 23 2012 02:20 CuteZergling wrote:
Thank you for translation. Great to see IPL.HyuN advance.


what?


Go look at the IPL Fight Club Liquipedia page.


O____o

(It's here, btw http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IPL_Fight_Club)
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
illidanx
Profile Joined November 2011
United States973 Posts
October 22 2012 18:23 GMT
#19
Bogus is #1 on ladder?
Die-hard KeSPA fan
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
October 22 2012 20:12 GMT
#20
Damn, HyuN is confident.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 574
White-Ra 131
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever530
NeuroSwarm169
Super Smash Bros
PPMD75
AZ_Axe64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9799
Liquid`Hasu1318
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g8293
Liquid`RaSZi2493
shahzam624
JimRising 406
C9.Mang0205
ArmadaUGS89
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick613
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream325
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1044
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 34m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.