• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:07
CEST 01:07
KST 08:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9622 users

[TSL4] VortiX Interview

Forum Index > TSL4 Forum
41 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 Next All

[TSL4] VortiX Interview

Text byTL.net ESPORTS
July 4th, 2012 00:12 GMT


Today Karont3.VortiX became the newest member of the ever-exclusive TSL4 invite club, after taking out d.SeleCT in the semifinals and GoldenLight in the finals. He shared some thoughts with us after all was said and done.

#10: EU/NA Qualifier 7


Here is what the standings looked like at the end of play. Top 32 bracket on Liquipedia.

1stK3.VortiX
2ndGoldenLighT
3rd-4thinfsJRecco
3rd-4thd/SeleCT
5th-8thHelios685
5th-8thRoX.TITAN
5th-8thmouz.HasuObs
5th-8thFuzer


Full bracket - Thread


Interview with K3.VortiX



Please introduce yourself for those who might not know you!


I'm Juan "VortiX" Moreno Durán also known as LucifroN's brother, I'm 18 years old zerg player from Barcelona, Spain. I've been playing competitively since 2008, starting with Warcraft 3. I started playing Starcraft II with the release of the beta, and right now I play for the Spanish team Karont3.



What does it mean to you to have qualified for TSL4?


Together with Dreamhack Valencia and WCS Europe it is the biggest tournament I'm gonna be playing soon, probably the first big tournament for me, I'm really excited.



You were one of the first players to make it into two TSL4 qualifier broadcasts. Did you feel confident that you would at least achieve enough points to make it into TSL4?


Well after my good run in the third qualifier I felt really confident, but I started to get a bit hopeless after getting knocked out in the last bo1 round a few times in a row, but I knew that once I reached bo3 I could go far in the tournament.



In your last broadcast, you played an insane series against SaSe, losing 0-2, but looking very impressive. We never got a chance to ask you about that series, especially the last game where SaSe came back with no nexii on the field. How did you feel about that opportunity?


I think my decision making in that series was horribly bad, I decided to go fast drop in a map where 2 base all-ins are pretty common, so I didn't have enough supply to stop his push in the first game, and in the second game I had a lot of minerals, could've just done a lot of spines and hold his last push, but I was a bit tired at that point and couldn't think properly.



Lets turn to happier times! You played SeleCT in the semi-finals here. Now SeleCT had also gotten to a broadcast, and two-raxed Ret out in the midst of a tournament of cheese. Were you aware of his reputation?


Nope, I didn't have any idea of what he played like, I had only played him once, on American ladder and he played standard so I was really surprised by his playstyle.



After game one you caught on pretty fast, heading straight to the 11/11 rax positions in the next two games. Do you feel confident against that build?


I'm good at stopping it I think, I've played a lot of times vs it in Ladder, so I'm used to it, in the first game though, he caught me off guard coming with a lot of scvs, which I didn't suspect, so I didn't have enough to stop it, but in the other games I managed to kill a lot of marines, so I got the advantage.



Now in the finals, you faced a ZvZ against GoldenLighT. Did you know anything about his playstyle? How did you feel about the finals match-up?


Well, some Spanish mates told me a bit about his playstyle, but I hadn't seem him play myself any time. I didn't feel too confident because ZvZ is probably my worst matchup, but I've improved it a bit lately, so I didn't feel very unconfident too.



Tell us about Game One. That uh... that went well for you.


Yeah, it surely did! I felt really confident all game long, I played no bane-nest but he didn't do any push, so I got 1-1 upgrades really fast and I managed to do a lot of damage both in his main base and in his third, he did surprise me with that nydus though, I thought I could lose in that push as I was going for ultralisks.



In Game Two, you went muta against infestor, but had an insanely clutch snipe on the infestation pit. Did you feel the importance of that moment?


That was really important, because that meant that his infestors would be really really late and I could play as greedy as I wanted, so I got huge eco while going for infestor-roach.



To win game two, you got off the fungal to end all fungals. Feel good?


It felt incredibly good, seeing so many units fungaled at the same time always feels good, specially if they are not your own units.



Alright, and then game three. Why the nine pool with drones?


He just went fast expansion in all the games, so being the third map Antiga I thought he would go fast expansion, and doing an early pool when you are heading 2-0 is always a good choice.



What was the moment you knew you had won?


I knew I had won when he canceled his expansion, the only thing that can save you in that situation is keeping your expansion going and somehow manage to get some lings out and try to fight in the expansion without my spine around, I was still afraid of a base trade, but he just kept walking with his drones around his base, so once I got the spine out I thought it was over.



How did you celebrate when Golden gg'd and you took the series?


Oh well, I just shouted a shy "yeah!!" , I was just really shocked by the tournament I had made knocking out 2-0 hasu, 2-0 socke, 2-0 lowely, 2-1 select and 3-0 golden, it felt really good.



You got in and your brother only has 33 points!


Yeah, but I have faith in him, he'll win one, believe me!



Only three left! ^^


Yes. :D



Alright, so tell us one thing about yourself that other people might not know


I'm a Real Madrid supporter, being from Barcelona, is that weird enough? xD



Yep! You won just a few days after Spain took the Eurocup! Coincidence?


Nah, not coincidence, we Spaniards are just going to dominate the world!



Three more NA/EU qualifiers, and still eight point positions yet to be decided Who would you like to see qualify?


I would like to see my Spanish mates LucifroN, AlaStOr, LoLvsxD, and ToXiC qualify, they are in really good shape, they have played most of the qualifiers, and they've done really good, I would like to see them in.



We've seen a lot of people qualify for the TSL by now, anyone you're hoping to play? And how do you think you could do in the TSL?


Any opponent will be hard, but i'll train hard for it, so I think I can do good if I have some luck, there isn't any certain person I'd like to play, I guess just as many Koreans as possible. :D



Sponsors:
sponsor
TwitchTV is the world’s largest video game entertainment and chat community. TwitchTV features the top gaming personalities, players, tournaments and commentary, in addition to the most active and interesting discussions around video games. TwitchTV provides publishers and advertisers a platform to create long term engagement and commitment from gamers.

Learn more at www.twitch.tv
sponsor
Razer has been a pioneering supporter of e-Sports since its conception. It is in our blood and we are driven to further the culture of professional gaming in all that we do. We work hand in hand with our pros to forge weaponry for the players who stake their livelihood on podium placements. Our gear is designed to perform flawlessly in high-stress tournament conditions where winning is everything and mistakes cost championships. Those who compete with our equipment will attest – We live by our words: For Gamers. By Gamers.

For more information, please visit www.razerzone.com



Art by:

sponsor


Facebook Twitter Reddit
TL+ Member
Darathor
Profile Joined February 2011
United States327 Posts
July 04 2012 00:16 GMT
#2
Vortix's play in the finals against Golden was really impressive! Can't wait to see how he fares against everyone else in TSL4!
andiCR
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2273 Posts
July 04 2012 00:21 GMT
#3
Great interview! Grats Vortix!
Nightmare1795 wrote: I played a guy in bronze who said he was Japanese. That was the only game I ever dropped a nuke, which was purely coincidental.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
July 04 2012 00:23 GMT
#4
Really like your attitude, Vortix. ^^
Moderator
CCsyph
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom97 Posts
July 04 2012 00:25 GMT
#5
Always had my suspicions about LucifroN and Vortix, now they confirm them by showing some results.

Congratulations Vortix!
"I hear you speak and suddenly I'm reminded of how the people I respected most in my life had a problem with authority."
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
July 04 2012 00:31 GMT
#6
TSL sure is the tournamenet of upsets and newcomers. Great to see
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
Moosegills
Profile Joined March 2011
United States558 Posts
July 04 2012 00:32 GMT
#7
Cool interview. Nice to see up and comers win something as big as this
#1 HuK fan, zerg player playing for http://www.complexitygaming.com - @coL_Moosegills
steelcurtain09
Profile Joined October 2011
United States87 Posts
July 04 2012 00:38 GMT
#8
are they gonna post the vods? He sounds like a really cool guy and I want to see if he has a playstyle I can mimic
kommunalka
Profile Joined February 2011
United States550 Posts
July 04 2012 00:39 GMT
#9
Great interview.... and good exposure!!!!
rG
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
July 04 2012 00:41 GMT
#10
VODs are encoding right now it looks like.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
shaaw
Profile Joined April 2010
Spain97 Posts
July 04 2012 00:43 GMT
#11
GOGO vortix!!! Make spain be proud of u has u did today ^^
xxMarcKxx
Profile Joined April 2012
Spain7 Posts
July 04 2012 00:45 GMT
#12
Congratulations Vortix! Featured Vortix TL is best zerg eu
Welcome to my channel, I'm GM Zerg from Spain, EU. I'll be streaming ladder and some tournaments, enjoy.
monx1e
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain37 Posts
July 04 2012 00:51 GMT
#13
Impressive play by VortiX! Hope LucifroN makes it! Spanish powerhouse hwaiting!!
dizzy101
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2066 Posts
July 04 2012 00:59 GMT
#14
Awesum interview, very nice games, and the casting today was hilarioustoo
Mawi
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4365 Posts
July 04 2012 01:05 GMT
#15
LucifroN's brother holy SHIEEEEEEEEEE amazing personality Vortix
Forever Mirin Zyzz Son of Zeus Brother of Hercules Father of the Aesthetics
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
July 04 2012 01:30 GMT
#16
So gosu. Something in the water in Spain methinks.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
July 04 2012 01:39 GMT
#17
nice interview~
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Oiseaux
Profile Joined May 2011
United States676 Posts
July 04 2012 01:47 GMT
#18
"there isn't any certain person I'd like to play, I guess just as many koreans as possible. :D"

baller status right there
"[S]o be ready to kiss a few donkeys with glued-on paper horns during your unicorn hunt." -Some stupid 4x4 magazine
13JackaL
Profile Joined March 2011
United States577 Posts
July 04 2012 01:49 GMT
#19
i hope lucifron gets in
and my axe
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
July 04 2012 01:51 GMT
#20
Wow, thanks for doing this interview so quickly =D
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 127
Vindicta 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10984
Artosis 503
Bale 11
TT1 4
League of Legends
Doublelift3660
JimRising 650
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox754
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4563
Khaldor925
Other Games
summit1g7148
shahzam562
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King88
NeuroSwarm83
ViBE53
JuggernautJason37
Day[9].tv5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• HerbMon 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Scarra474
• Shiphtur211
• Day9tv5
Upcoming Events
OSC
53m
Stellar Fest
13h 53m
OSC
22h 53m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.