• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:48
CEST 18:48
KST 01:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8868 users

TvT, countering deff?

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
June 04 2004 07:07 GMT
#1
I was playing neogamei today. Really hard!

However, i got into this tvt. Thats my worst mu and I kind of suck. Things went good anyway and i surprised his 12 tanks force with a bunch of bcs. I took map and killed his main, but then he took another ep and defended it as HELL with wraiths, a few tanks and some bc:s. He was soooo defencive...i would easily have killed him if it wasnt the 200 limit..gaaahhh. I tried to kill him for nerly an hour (!). Suddenly I lost all bc:s to nowhere (i said i suck) and he was back in the game, but i had map and....I tried and tried..he lived without money for about 30 min!! silly shit....I just didnt know what to do being a complete tvt noob! Plz take some mins watching this rep and help me! I dont know what to doooo. (im greenTerran).

http://206.23.240.13/~axel/p7/artiklar/LONG_tvt.rep

Thank you.
Enter a Uh
0wNaG3
Profile Joined April 2004
Canada95 Posts
June 04 2004 07:09 GMT
#2
Nuke him.
That is many tank? Yes?
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
June 04 2004 07:14 GMT
#3
Hmmmmmmmmm...he was the one who had nukes^^ Good idea however..I thought about lockdown but 20 cloaked wratts...
Enter a Uh
maleorderbride
Profile Joined November 2002
United States2916 Posts
June 04 2004 07:16 GMT
#4
I dont play T, but 20 cloaked wraiths would get owned by +2 valks mixed with the BCs wouldnt they?
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
June 04 2004 07:19 GMT
#5
Oh valks too!....I forgot them

Didnt say I was gosu tvt either did I?
Enter a Uh
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28899 Posts
June 04 2004 07:22 GMT
#6
if wraiths are 3/3 (something I'd expect that late in the game), I don't think they'd be that raped by valks. :/

if you're winning the bc battle, just camp outside his base with bc+tank+goliath and just yamato stuff over and over until he's out of cash.
Moderator
SoL.Origin
Profile Joined September 2003
Argentina2400 Posts
June 04 2004 07:32 GMT
#7
tank/turret push, yamato his tanks
Son Of Law
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
June 04 2004 07:41 GMT
#8
hard to use bcs at all vs tank when there are so many speedy wraith..but thank for tips all
Enter a Uh
StoneR
Profile Joined April 2003
Spain1252 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-06-04 07:59:10
June 04 2004 07:50 GMT
#9
This old post is unavailable due to an encoding issue. Please contact an admin if you would like this post restored for historical reasons.
Tien
Profile Joined January 2003
Russian Federation4447 Posts
June 04 2004 07:56 GMT
#10
if u watch the first person vod of nada vs yooi on yaoyuan you will see how desperate he was Yamatoing everything. He even yamatoed goliaths.
We decide our own destiny
Tien
Profile Joined January 2003
Russian Federation4447 Posts
June 04 2004 08:14 GMT
#11
lol yeah, 8 or 9 bcs just happily ran through his base.
We decide our own destiny
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28899 Posts
June 04 2004 08:17 GMT
#12
basically
you setup a tank defense right outside the range of his tanks
and have goliaths there as well
then you use your bcs to yamato his tanks, (while they're protected by the goliaths)
then you push a bit further with tanks (again, right outside the range of his tanks), move goliath along, then yamato more
until you have him raped.

: )
Moderator
Tien
Profile Joined January 2003
Russian Federation4447 Posts
June 04 2004 08:21 GMT
#13
then again, tvt games that involve bcs are usually very long. If you want a zvz finish you will never get one.
We decide our own destiny
CuddlyCuteKitten
Profile Joined January 2004
Sweden2891 Posts
June 04 2004 08:26 GMT
#14
Meh. I hate defensive TvT's aswell.
Was playing one game against a guy who seemed way better than me. Every time I tried something it failed (though not miserably) and he seemed to be expanding everywhere. Eventually I thougth "you got to be shitting me" and assuming that he had over extended I rolled 12 tanks and a few goliaths rigth up his ramp and pwnzed his natural and his main. That kind of got me back in the game but he was sitting at at the other main + natural.

And from there he just built a shitload of tanks and some turrets. I went wraith and killed his island expo and his natural (once) but then 7 walks showed up and my wraith disappread before I had time to do anything. Then he cliffed the remaining naturals and I eventually ran out of gas. I couldn't get enough gas to do go BC's so I had to go golis instead and I really couldn't figure out what to do. So basically he turtled up untill I was out and then we fougth for another 30-40 minutes and I lost. WTF gay.
Unity, support, family, and kneecapping bitches.
GoDHovZ
Profile Joined January 2004
United States1869 Posts
June 04 2004 09:16 GMT
#15
--- Nuked ---
My skill trancends BW, it is recognized by the billions..... AND BILLIONS of people around the world as nirvana
SoL.Origin
Profile Joined September 2003
Argentina2400 Posts
June 04 2004 09:30 GMT
#16
maybe our skill is not recognized by billions of people around the world as nirvana
Son Of Law
Refrain[FriZ]
Profile Joined June 2003
Canada4337 Posts
June 04 2004 09:36 GMT
#17
On June 04 2004 18:30 SoL.Origin wrote:
maybe our skill is not recognized by billions of people around the world as nirvana


owned...
NewbSaibot
Profile Joined May 2004
3849 Posts
June 04 2004 10:06 GMT
#18
keep in mind the bc's can yamato outside of their view range. So dont send a bc to the front of the pack to yamato anything if youre feeling nervous, scan and yamato whatever you can in site.
I went to the chippy last night and only orderd chips because I knew I could get fish from her bushy plate.
GoDHovZ
Profile Joined January 2004
United States1869 Posts
June 04 2004 13:01 GMT
#19
--- Nuked ---
My skill trancends BW, it is recognized by the billions..... AND BILLIONS of people around the world as nirvana
Sadterran
Profile Joined May 2004
46 Posts
June 04 2004 13:05 GMT
#20
after have look the replay...try play zerg or toss

gl
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 37
mouzHeroMarine 22
UpATreeSC 8
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1288
Shuttle 1142
Soma 677
Mini 674
Rush 462
actioN 457
Light 362
Larva 334
BeSt 222
Snow 161
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 108
Dewaltoss 77
Zeus 67
Barracks 58
Liquid`Ret 56
JYJ 27
Sexy 27
soO 25
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 24
Shine 24
Trap 19
sorry 14
Terrorterran 14
zelot 14
Rock 11
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2068
Dendi883
420jenkins169
Counter-Strike
Fnx 778
pashabiceps684
x6flipin459
ceh9378
edward80
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5742
Grubby3384
Liquid`Hasu219
Other Games
Beastyqt463
byalli460
B2W.Neo438
Khaldor212
DeMusliM157
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe128
ArmadaUGS113
BRAT_OK 83
Trikslyr54
TKL 53
C9.Mang052
Railgan4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV250
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH248
• StrangeGG 83
• mYiSmile124
• Reevou 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 12
• FirePhoenix10
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• 80smullet 1
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV436
League of Legends
• Nemesis2849
• TFBlade785
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 12m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 12m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.