• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:11
CEST 12:11
KST 19:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7685 users

[Interview] Hwaseung vs. Samsung Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
July 03 2010 08:38 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Jaedong

Thoughts on winning 3-0?
-The last game was disappointing, but it was a clean win today. We have 3 games left, and we won’t lose them either. We’ll do our best to win.

You have 50 wins.
-I think if I can get a record that’s similar to last season’s, it’d be a satisfactory record. I don’t have a set number of wins as a personal goal, I just want to perform similarly to last season. 50 wins is a worthy record, and I hope to get even more in the remaining 3 games. But compared to myself personally, the team’s victory is more meaningful.

You ended the game quickly with mass lings.
-I only considered the opening, and then I had good scouting, and the opening seemed to be in my favor. It was a spontaneous strategy, and I was thinking of how to continue, so I just massed lings to end it.

A lot of people are looking forward to a showdown between you and Bisu for the next game against SKT.
-Personally, I don’t have a huge desire myself. SKT’s busy trying to get to 2nd, and even though we can’t get to playoffs, we’ll still win. No matter who I face, I’ll try my best to get a point.

Next week is the OSL. Right now, the Ro16 has a strong lineup.
-I definitely want to advance. But I lost badly last season, so it’s true there’s a slight burden. But I even played Prelims this season, so it seems more meaningful. When preparing, I try to think that I must advance. I won’t miss this chance. Because it’s very difficult for our team to get to playoffs, I must double my efforts in the individual leagues.

When interviewing Killer, he said if there are any good strategies, they’ll be used at the OSL first.
-It’s no big deal. It’s not like he has any good strategies [laugh] We all need to play ZvT, if there are good strategies, I’ll save them for him, and just use basics. But if I get eliminated because of this, I’ll probably never hear the end of it [laugh]

Last words?
-I wasn’t feeling well yesterday, so I didn’t practice much. Practice partner Win gave me some medicine, thanks to him. I also want to thank Sexy for getting me food. I want to say “if you guys want something good to eat, say something,” I’ll treat them.

Killer

Thoughts on winning 3-0?
-I’m glad to have gotten a long wished-for 3-0 win.

The opponent played very aggressively.
-Usually we like to practice together, and back then, Juni-hyung usually doesn’t have an offensive style. He suddenly changed up his style, which surprised me. But I played according to what I was used to, so I won in the end.

In the beginning, a Zergling counterattack could’ve ended it.
-I chose a more secure strategy. The situation was in my favor, so if I didn’t screw up and just played standard, I knew I could’ve won.

You have 21 wins this season, which is a satisfactory record.
-Compared to the number of appearances, it’s not even 50%, so I can’t be content. But I did my best, so I don’t have too my regrets.

The next opponent is SKT, anyone you want to play?
-They have a lot of good players, so it’s fine whoever I play. No matter who I meet, I hope to play a good game.

Next week you’re playing in the OSL Ro36.
-I haven’t started preparing for OSL yet. With sufficient time, I’ll prepare well, and I hope to play exciting games.

You’re playing on the same day as Jaedong.
-I’m playing before Jaedong-hyung, so if Jaedong-hyung has good strategies in practice, I can study them. Jaedong-hyung has always been an excellent player, so if I steal the good strategies, he’ll still be fine, right? [laugh]

Last words?
-Even though it’s difficult for us to get to playoffs, we’ll try our best in the remaining SPL games. I hope fans can continue giving us the utmost support, and I want to thank the teammates who helped me practice.[/b]

Hiya

Thoughts on winning 3-0?
-Even though we can’t get into the playoffs with our current ranking, the remaining games are still important games. To be able to win cleanly with a 3-0 right now makes me glad. Now all we can hope for is CJ and Wemade to lose all their games.

The opponent is a newcomer, and you had an overwhelming victory.
-During the game, I was always ahead, so I played pretty well. In the beginning, the opponent’s Vultures didn’t get much, whiel my Vulture got 2 SCVs. The opponent is inexperienced, so after a disadvantage early game, it was difficult for him.

Yesterday you got into the OSL for the first time, and you won today too.
-It’s not a sign of how good I am. I guess I just performed well. It’s just a short-term result, I’ll try even harder later, and I’ll try to become a consistently good player. Before this season’s SPL ends and the individual leagues, I will try to get as many wins as possible.

The next opponent is SKT, how do you feel?
-We always perform poorly in front of teams with strong Terrans and Protosses, like SKT. They have a lot of strong Ts and Ps, so the game will probably be hard, but we’ll still try to win. So I believe, no matter how difficult, we’ll still win.

After SPL there are MSL games.
-SPL hasn’t completely finished yet, so until the 13th, I’ll still put SPL as first priority. There’s still time after that to prepare for individual leagues, so SPL is still the focus. But I’ll do my best in both SPL and individual leagues.

Last words?
-The fans and the team were both hit hard by the issue of making playoffs, but we’re not giving up. If we really end up advancing, we’ll practice till we bleed. But if we do get eliminated, we’ll still try to end on a high note.

Original Korean and image from fomos.kr

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=204019&extra=page=1
TranslatorBaa!
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
July 03 2010 08:50 GMT
#2
When interviewing Killer, he said if there are any good strategies, they’ll be used at the OSL first.
-It’s no big deal. It’s not like he has any good strategies [laugh]

Lol owned
Thanks for the interview
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
SplashbackFerret
Profile Joined October 2009
New Zealand846 Posts
July 03 2010 08:51 GMT
#3
-I wasn’t feeling well yesterday, so I didn’t practice much. Practice partner Win gave me some medicine, thanks to him. I also want to thank Sexy for getting me food. I want to say “if you guys want something good to eat, say something,” I’ll treat them.


New recruits sucking up to JD already D:
Splashy the Splashback Awareness Ferret
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
July 03 2010 08:56 GMT
#4
Damn, Jaedong is harsh.
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-03 09:03:11
July 03 2010 09:02 GMT
#5
Jaedong tells it how it is lol, although it feels like this isn't the first time he's bashed killer xD.
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
TacToSs
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia330 Posts
July 03 2010 09:25 GMT
#6
rofl at the killer remark <3 Jaedong

Cheers for translations
Jaedong <3
Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-03 09:55:55
July 03 2010 09:55 GMT
#7
On July 03 2010 17:38 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
When interviewing Killer, he said if there are any good strategies, they’ll be used at the OSL first.
-It’s no big deal. It’s not like he has any good strategies [laugh] We all need to play ZvT, if there are good strategies, I’ll save them for him, and just use basics.


Haha, such a bad-ass.

Great job on the translations :D
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
July 03 2010 10:11 GMT
#8
thanks for the translation

i feel like this team could be really good. if killer had the same epiphone that hiya did, they'd have their solid 3. hiya is the most underrated player in proleague. deserves to be on power rank imo.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
July 03 2010 10:18 GMT
#9
haha jd is so baller
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
sixduck
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States301 Posts
July 03 2010 10:20 GMT
#10
Jaedong's comment makes me feel bad for Killer lol
nayumi
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia6499 Posts
July 03 2010 10:41 GMT
#11
wow that picture ..

killer looks like Hiya's bitch and Jaedong looks like a boss

Sugoi monogatari onii-chan!
InfiniteIce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States794 Posts
July 03 2010 11:03 GMT
#12
Nice translations, thanks much Carnivorous Sheep!

Also lol @ JaeDong responses
i keep going back to my response to chill's fake PM and laughing, then immediately getting a feeling that i assume i'd get if i had an orgasm and the girl said "hahaha guess what i have a dick" -FakeSteve
dtnmang
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam752 Posts
July 03 2010 11:23 GMT
#13
Jaedong the new Anytime.
KT Roflster - the lulziest team of Proleague.
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
July 03 2010 12:39 GMT
#14
--- Nuked ---
SplashbackFerret
Profile Joined October 2009
New Zealand846 Posts
July 03 2010 14:28 GMT
#15
On July 03 2010 20:23 dtnmang wrote:
Jaedong the new Anytime.


That would make Killer the new BackHo, I don't think i'm ready to accept that.
Splashy the Splashback Awareness Ferret
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 03 2010 15:07 GMT
#16
-I wasn’t feeling well yesterday, so I didn’t practice much. Practice partner Win gave me some medicine, thanks to him. I also want to thank Sexy for getting me food. I want to say “if you guys want something good to eat, say something,” I’ll treat them.

Jaedong so manner @_@
HiyA how could you ever call him a cheapskate!

On July 03 2010 21:39 boesthius wrote:
Show nested quote +
I want to say “if you guys want something good to eat, say something,” I’ll treat them.

seems like he's still trying to dispel the idea of him being a cheapskate. thanks for the intereviews, like usual sheeeeepu~ :3

Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep

When interviewing Killer, he said if there are any good strategies, they’ll be used at the OSL first.
-It’s no big deal. It’s not like he has any good strategies [laugh]

Lololpwned. Killer you suck, though you're adorably cute.

You have 21 wins this season, which is a satisfactory record.
-Compared to the number of appearances, it’s not even 50%, so I can’t be content. But I did my best, so I don’t have too my regrets.

Yeah, okay? Had you sent Jaedong for ACE Oz would be in playoffs.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
July 03 2010 15:26 GMT
#17
Just as I was reading Jaedong's pimp-talk about Killer, Bingul Bingul came on.
Oh how I can't escape Hyungjoon...
(lol at Jaedong still trying to dispel the cheapskate talk)
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
Dandy4
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States493 Posts
July 03 2010 15:42 GMT
#18
On July 03 2010 17:38 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:

Last words?
-The fans and the team were both hit hard by the issue of making playoffs, but we’re not giving up. If we really end up advancing, we’ll practice till we bleed. But if we do get eliminated, we’ll still try to end on a high note.



Come on baby, I ain't giving up till its mechanically over either! Bring it home.
Who let the dogs out?
Nickosha
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States35 Posts
July 04 2010 00:36 GMT
#19
On July 03 2010 17:38 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
You’re playing on the same day as Jaedong.
-I’m playing before Jaedong-hyung, so if Jaedong-hyung has good strategies in practice, I can study them. Jaedong-hyung has always been an excellent player, so if I steal the good strategies, he’ll still be fine, right? [laugh]


What Killer said was pretty funny too. He's like lol, yeah I'm a leech on my big bro JD :D
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
July 04 2010 00:39 GMT
#20
Haha, killer getting owned verbally as well.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings66
CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 200
ByuN 39
SHIN 23
MindelVK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12347
Calm 10193
Rain 3307
soO 744
Stork 416
Soulkey 349
BeSt 349
Soma 319
firebathero 253
Rush 251
[ Show more ]
FanTaSy 167
Bisu 132
Barracks 112
Mind 57
Shinee 47
Sexy 43
Killer 30
Last 30
Sharp 27
HiyA 24
sorry 20
hero 17
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 17
Shine 17
yabsab 16
Terrorterran 15
zelot 12
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5341
League of Legends
JimRising 413
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King121
Other Games
gofns30158
singsing1425
Pyrionflax229
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Dystopia_ 0
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV299
League of Legends
• Jankos2893
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 49m
OSC
12h 49m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.