• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:11
CEST 12:11
KST 19:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7681 users

[Interview] SportsQ Interviews free

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
July 03 2010 06:46 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Host: Hello! First, why don’t you say hi to the fans here at SportsQ, free?
-Hello everyone, I’m Woongjin’s free.

[b]Host: Let’s start with the questions. Your professional career has lasted a while, what makes you step back and say “Ah~I’ve been playing for this long?”
-I haven’t really had thoughts like that yet. Occasionally I’ll feel I’m the oldest on the team TT

Recently you advanced to the Korean Air OSL 2’s Ro16, which is your first time in the OSL Ro16. What’s your goal?
-It’s my first OSL Ro16, so the goal is obviously the gold ㅋㅋ

I feel the reason for your poor record in the individual leagues is your inconsistency and your emotions. This time, after getting in the Ro16, you seemed very calm. How did you achieve this?
-Thanks for thinking so. In my opinion, it’s mainly because I’m still lacking a lot, so I need to work harder.

After getting in the OSL, you can see the stargirls. Thoughts?
-First off they seem more beautiful than in the TV. I wanted to talk, but I was embarrassed…@@

[b]Out of the Protosses, no one’s more combative than free! Do you think yourself “I am the strongest!”?
-I think it’s because the fans gave me a good nickname, so I’m often proud in games. I felt like that when playing against Sea on Tau Cross.

Tell us how to use Storms well!
-First off you need to be fast…conclusion is to practice more…TT

When I play, sometimes I lose when I don’t grasp the timing, or if I can’t defend the expansions. How do you grasp the timings? And my macro is bad, why?
-Um…you can’t just play by yourself and do your own thing, you need to use Observers. This requires practice. If you use Observers well, you can limit Vultures and can limit your opponent’s expansions.

[image loading]

In the recent game against Flash, the commentator said you’re a “god of war.” You’re finally a god now, thoughts?
-compared to other gods, I’m still lacking a lot, but I’m glad to have a nickname like this. If my record becomes better maybe I can become the number one god. ㅋㅋ

Unfortunately, your team can’t make the playoffs. I guess it’s because of the 6 loss streak. How did you guys feel during the losses?
-Last time, we were also eliminated disappointingly. This season, we had the mindset of definitely advancing and started a new journey, but we were eliminated at the end, so we’re infinitely disappointed. I feel like I must’ve performed better, and I’m sorry to all my teammates.

During SWL and the beginning of R4, your team performed very well, and as a fan I was glad. Why did the team suddenly start slumping? Also, what was the most disappointing game in SPL this season? Other people’s games too.
-First off I want to say sorry to the Woongjin fans. At the beginning of R4, we basically saw the hope for playoffs, but now everyone’s disappointed. Zero and I didn’t deliver in some important games. In R4, I lost an ace match against Kal. That’s the game that disappoints me the most.

Free! There are rumors that you’re the most unhygienic?
-Uhm…ㅋㅋI’m not the only one…false rumors…ㅋㅋ I, uh, definitely love keeping clean…it’s not like I can show everyone…what lies…ㅋㅋ

Right now, a lot of younger girls are becoming fans. Thoughts?
-Uhm, older fans are good, but I like younger fans too!! If you want me to pick one? Let’s not ask TT Too hard to choose!!

Not only do you have many female fans, you have a lot of male fans too. What do male fans mean to you?
-Before, a lot of fans came to meeting, but not many recently…I think it might be because my games aren’t as exciting now. I hope to play interesting games to hear the male fans’ cheers again.

It’s your birthday soon, do you have any gifts you want? And what do you want to do on your birthday?
-The gift I want…the love oof the fans? ㅋㅋㅋ Uhm, there’s not much I really want. Cash? ㅋㅋI want to relax, relax…ㅋㅋㅋ

[image loading]

I’ve seen a lot of interviews. It seems free likes to eat meat…is it your favorite?
-I’m not picky, I basically like everything. I like fast food..and seafood…ㅋ

Who on the team likes treating everyone the most, and who does it the least?
-Because I don’t drink, when we drink, Zero treats more. When drunk, the wallet naturally opens…ㅋㅋ As for who doesn’t…well, should I say it…maybe I’ll keep it a secret.

Is Zero a really cheeky younger brother? Can’t be..! ㅋㅋ
-In the dorm, he’s kind of like…an angel and a demon in one. Not really cheeky, more like…cute? It’s someone I really want to take care of.

Tell us something about Zero’s secrets. And another question, for free, Zero is…?
-I’m on good terms with Zero, so I won’t expose his secrets…but since someone asked, I’ll just say one. Recently IU has a new show. Everytime she’s on TV, I’ll warn Zero to not say “that’s my woman.” He loves IU too much…almost obsessively…I hope IU knows this too. To free what is Zero? Someone who can help me sometimes, but sometimes can’t. In the same team, he’s like a rival, but because of him, I’ve grown a lot. As for living in the dorm, he’s very special, and very interesting. ㅋㅋ

[image loading]

Is it true Kwanro’s arrival changed Woongjin’s atmosphere a lot?
-I don’t know where everyone heard this from! Kwanro’s not –that- important in the team. ㅋㅋ It’s not Kwanro changing Woongjin, more like Woongjin changed Kwanro. In the beginning he didn’t fit in very well, but now he’s a part of the team. It seems the team changed Kwanro a lot.

Who’s taller between Kwanro and Zero?
-Kwanro and Zero hate this topic. It’s about the same. But they always talk about it. We laugh at it from the side, but I think Zero’s a bit taller.

I heard you like playing go. Is this true? Play with me…?
-It’s not a huge hobby, I used to practice Starcraft while practicing go. I gave up after about 4 dan [T/N: holy shit what? That’s pretty high lol] Even though I think I can be a professional go player, I like Starcraft more, so I abandoned go. Recently I play a bit. If I have time, ask me for a game, it will be fun.

What do you do during breaks?
-Basically sleep a lot. Sometimes go, some games online, occasionally meet with friends, but mostly it’s eating and chatting with teammates.

I heard free cares a lot about football. Out of the World Cup Ro8, who’s going to win?
-Spain has the best momentum, and their technically sound, so I think they can win. Even though there are a lot of strong teams, Spain’s the strongest, so I think they should win.

Who’s free’s favorite football player?
-I like Ronaldo. He’s handsome, and has a good technical style. He’s fast, and good at passing, shooting, etc. It’s nice watching him play.

What’s Magic to free? This is in the context of the group selection ceremony.
-It really is a kind of magic. I didn’t want to dance originally, but after hearing the music, I couldn’t help myself. I wanted to end the ceremony quickly, but the fans joked saying it was cute and I danced well, so I was happy. From now on I’ll follow the fan’s will to perform.

[image loading]

It seems you like dancing now. How good are you?
-It’s not a focus on dancing, it’s just to make the fans happy. No matter what, after I danced in front of the mirror, I thought “I really can’t dance.” I even considered if I should go to dance school?

When are you going to dance for us? TT
-I said I would dance for everyone at SPL, but as I said at the group selection, I will wait till I’m satisfied before I show everyone. I will do something big at MSL! ㅋㅋ

Do you regret picking Protoss? Are you jealous of other races?
-At first I picked Protoss because I felt Pylons etc. are pretty, and I still don’t regret it. It’s a very powerful race, and every single unit has appeal, and it doesn’t lose out to any other race. But I’m most envious of Terran tanks, so much range…[T/N: Terran imba]

Who are you paying attention to the most out of the new Protosses?
-All of the new players are about the same. Stat and Snow are doing well. Right now, Protosses have the tendency to keep winning after a win, but after one loss, everything falls apart, so it’s hard to say. If these players can keep up the good performance, then they can do well in the future.

Out of the Terran and Zerg units, which one do you wish you had the most?
-Science Vessel. Even though Protoss have protection and EMP too, but Science Vessels do it much better. Zerg is of course Defilers, I like Dark Swarm the best.

Do you like it when people call you boss?
-Before I liked it when everyone called me boss. It’s fun to have these kinds of nicknames with the fans, and it’s memorable.

Sitting and gaming for long periods of time is bad for your health, do you do wrist exercises or other exercises?
-I often do wrist and body exercises, but I basically don’t do any bodybuilding exercises. Even though I want to, there’s no time, and dieting is hard work, so I don’t.

What’s your favorite sport?
-I like everything, and I like baseball. I can tell you every single Korean player’s record in the league. I like baseball and football.

Anything you want to say to the head coach but never got a chance to?
-Just…he suffered a lot for Woongjin. First off we can’t make playoffs, so I’m sorry to him. TT Also, he hasn’t had a chance for a honeymoon yet. Even though I never told it to his face, I hope he goes. If I can do well in the individual leagues, I’ll definitely cover the travel expenses. TT~

[image loading]

What kind of a player does free wish to become?
Host: This is the last question, I hope free can answer honestly.
-Um…performance is one aspect. The fans love me so much, which makes me want to become a player that can repay their kindness. Everyone has expectations for me, so I’ll try to fulfill all of them as payment. I really wish I could treat fans to food often, but the situation makes it impossible. I hope to play good games. ^^ㅋ

Host: OK, lastly, say goodbye to the fans of SportsQ
-I’m a bit immature today. I was typing myself, and I wrote a lot of stupid, weird things. Thanks to everyone for participating. Woongjin won’t make playoffs this time TT But if the fans keep supporting us, we won’t see it as a failure…we learned a lot. Next time we’ll definitely make playoffs, so I hope everyone isn’t too sad, and next time, we’ll meet with laughter.

http://news.naver.com/sports/new/sportsQ/cast.nhn?liveCast=320

Images from fomos.kr

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=203979
TranslatorBaa!
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
July 03 2010 06:54 GMT
#2
LOL no wonder zero said sometjing about free during his interview HAHA
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
July 03 2010 07:05 GMT
#3
Mmm, defilers for protoss would be nice. Especially in midgame PvZ/PvP.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
July 03 2010 07:10 GMT
#4
"Kwanro isn't that important"..Youch thats rough

Funny interview though THX for the translation!!!
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
Piski
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Finland3461 Posts
July 03 2010 07:12 GMT
#5
Very long and insightful interview. At least some questions :o Thanks
Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-03 07:28:36
July 03 2010 07:28 GMT
#6
Thanks for translating, I was really curious about this after hearing Zero's winners interview

On July 03 2010 16:10 Megalisk wrote:
"Kwanro isn't that important"..Youch thats rough


Well, emphasis was put on "that", so I see it like he is saying Kwanro is important, but he is not so important that he is the only reason Woonjin did better this season.

dtnmang
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam752 Posts
July 03 2010 07:55 GMT
#7
The first picture is rather homoerotic.
KT Roflster - the lulziest team of Proleague.
luanshuju
Profile Joined May 2010
United States43 Posts
July 04 2010 20:40 GMT
#8
Cool to know that free would stomp me with no keyboard in SC and a 4 stone handicap in go.
nextstep
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada705 Posts
July 04 2010 21:37 GMT
#9
couldn't they still make the playoffs?

6. WEM 28-25 (+15) ACE, SAM
----------------------------
7. HWA 26-26 ( -1) SKT, HIT, MBC
8. WJN 26-27 (+12) STX, EST

if Stars win both games, and WeMade loses both games, and point differentials go their way (i.e. 3-0 stars win, 0-3 wemade losses), they should tie in record, and have a better point differential.

unless that's not how they count rankings...
go KHAN! TBLS <3
pikaaarrr :3
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States593 Posts
July 04 2010 21:41 GMT
#10
haha zero's obsessed with IU

also, 4d is really impressive. i think free could have gone pro with go if he spent the same amount of time on go as sc
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
July 04 2010 21:55 GMT
#11
lmao Zero, hope free does well these starleagues, show some Toss spirit!
▲ ▲ ▲
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 00:12:48
July 05 2010 00:12 GMT
#12
Hah Free picking Protoss for the same reason girls do, the "pylons are pretty" lol. At least he didn't say it was because it's an easy to play race like Bisu.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 05 2010 00:18 GMT
#13
Do you regret picking Protoss? Are you jealous of other races?
-At first I picked Protoss because I felt Pylons etc. are pretty, and I still don’t regret it.

Loooooooooool.

CSheep is still homo.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
July 05 2010 01:10 GMT
#14
What is the meaning of ㅋㅋLike can someone give me an equivalent emoticon?
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
newvsoldschool
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
428 Posts
July 05 2010 01:18 GMT
#15
On July 05 2010 10:10 n.DieJokes wrote:
What is the meaning of ㅋㅋLike can someone give me an equivalent emoticon?


It has the same uses as LOL
"I was so surprised when I first played StarCraft 2. I couldn't believe that such an easy game exists... I guess the best way to attract people these days is to make things easy and simple." -Midas, Brood War Progamer
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
July 05 2010 01:26 GMT
#16
On July 05 2010 10:18 newvsoldschool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 10:10 n.DieJokes wrote:
What is the meaning of ㅋㅋLike can someone give me an equivalent emoticon?


It has the same uses as LOL

I see, thanks!
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
July 05 2010 01:53 GMT
#17
Fantastic interview.

Thank you for the translation.

Free seems like the type of guy who doesn't mind opening up his own pocket. Not a cheapskate lol.

As for Kwanro...his eyes really aren't leveled.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings66
CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 200
ByuN 39
SHIN 23
MindelVK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12347
Calm 10193
Rain 3307
soO 744
Stork 416
Soulkey 349
BeSt 349
Soma 319
firebathero 253
Rush 251
[ Show more ]
FanTaSy 167
Bisu 132
Barracks 112
Mind 57
Shinee 47
Sexy 43
Killer 30
Last 30
Sharp 27
HiyA 24
sorry 20
hero 17
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 17
Shine 17
yabsab 16
Terrorterran 15
zelot 12
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5341
League of Legends
JimRising 413
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King121
Other Games
gofns30158
singsing1425
Pyrionflax229
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Dystopia_ 0
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV299
League of Legends
• Jankos2893
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 49m
OSC
12h 49m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.