• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:11
CEST 12:11
KST 19:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7681 users

[Interview] CJ Entus vs STX SouL Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-26 18:19:27
June 26 2010 18:06 GMT
#1
Exam almost killed me but I'm still alive.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
(-_-)|-.-|(-_-)(oo)(-_-)(0.0)( -_- )|-_-|\^_^/|Oo|(-.-)

(P)Movie: I always seem to perform well on Fortress.

[image loading]

- Thoughts on winning?
▲ It's very strange, on this map, I always seem to perform well.

- Was it because you had a huge early game advantage?
▲ I didn't see my opponent's hydra den, but I had abit of premonition, so I played fairly safe. It just so happened that he used hydra rush, so I defended it with hardly any pressure.

- The dark archon was very useful.
▲ I didn't use it only because I was ahead, it was used for defend mutas from harrassing HTs. But I never did get a maelstrome off on a muta during the match (laugh).

- Why do you think you play well on Fortress?
▲ It's not that I don't know how to play other maps (laugh), it's just that I won it 3 times during live matches, so it feels like I played well on it. Perhaps the map matches my playstyle.

- Your recent results were not that good.
▲ I used to watch my VODs everytime after I lose and it makes me wonder why I lost, but I do that alot less now. Even though my win rate is still very low, but I'm still in fairly good shape, alot better than I was. So the key for me now is to increase my win rate.

- Were you envious watching other people participating in the MSL group ceremony?
▲ I don't know, in my previous group selection I never did anything. In the last OSL group selection I was hoping to win the MVP prize, but I wasn't lucky back then. If there are any prizes in this season I must try to win it. I'm very interested in airplanes because I've only been on them once or twice.

- Some people nicknamed you 'Gerrard', did you really liked football?
▲ There was a time when I dreamed about being a football player. Before playing Starcraft I'd always played football. Even though I'm not familiar with the current players, but I almost knew about all of the players before 06. Our national team played very well in this world cup, and I feel that we can win the match against Uruguay today, as long as the defense does its job.

- Any last thoughts?
▲ I want to thank my fans who cheered me on even when I was in a bad shape, it was them who gave me the strength to fight on. Thank you very much.



(Z)EffOrt: I played the way I did with the Ace match in mind.

[image loading]

- Thoughts on winning?
▲ We've lost alot to STX previously, so I'm very happy that we won this time, and also very happy that I can finally recieve an interview.

- Both of the last season's OSL finalists aren't doing very well in SPL lately.
▲ It felt like the two of us had a deal to play bad together (laugh). I lost because I played poorly, when I'm in a losing streak I must be determine to work even harder.

- Your are leading 7:1 in head to head record with (P)Kal.
▲ I only knew about this after the game, it didn't felt like I played that many games with him, though I did won quite alot (laugh).

- You had an overwhelming victory.
▲ (P)Kal contained me well in early game, but I didn't panic and it made Kal nervous instead. My steadiness won me the game.

- It was one-sided till the game ended.
▲ At the time the match wasn't finished yet for our team and we still have to play the Ace game. I decided to go mass zerglings at my opponent to boost morale for my team. I want us to look imposing coming into the Ace game.

- (T)Iris was sent for the Ace match.
▲ He didn't thought it would be a TvT, but I feel like it was the same for STX. I'm very happy that (T)Iris hyung won, and since the team won as well he is probably even more happy. Since I'm happy, I will be able to watch the world cup match cheerfully tonight.

- In the MSL group selection, Your arrogance was a major talking point.
▲ I was only trying to hype things up by trash talking, but (Z)Jaedong and (T)Flash both thought I was for real, and that made everyone else think I really am this arrogant. The three of us often practice and chat together, we are pretty good friends (laugh).

- The fight for the 6th spot is intense.
▲ We've always been losing whenever we play against STX, but we actually managed to win today. If we can work even harder we will definately make the playoff.

- Any last thoughts?
▲ I want to thank all my teammates who helped me practice, Korean fighting! But I really don't watch football much besides the world cup, so I couldn't guess what the result will be, I just hope they can win (laugh).



(T)Iris: The fans were all very happy.

[image loading]

- It's been more than 2 years since you last won an Ace match.
▲ The excitement of winning the Ace match was several times more than winning the other games. It's very strange that I'm always rarely sent for Ace games.

- It took a very long time for you to get an opportunity to play an Ace game.
▲ Before I was called out, I was scared that people would say: 'Why is it him?'. Fortunately the fans were still very happy.

- Did you expect (T)Bogus to be your opponent?
▲ I didn't practice a single game of TvT, so I was panicking, but I guess it would have been the same if it was anybody else. Although the Grand Line is a map that I liked alot, so I was still fairly confident.

- Were you pressured because it was an Ace game?
▲ Since the match started I have been praying that it wouldn't go to an Ace game. But since it did get there, as a veteran I must complete my mission. I didn't really think about anything before the game started.

- So you like the map Grand Line?
▲ This isn't a map where every player can play their own style. The map is fairly simplistic and it is a map that seasoned aggressive player can take advantage of.

- (T)NaDa got his 100th win in SPL today.
▲ To tell you the truth every time he was mentioned it always reminds me of the ppp incident. Before that game I really liked (T)NaDa and after it happened I was afraid that he would hate me because of it. Later I gave him a call and it seem like he didn't really think much of it. I think (T)NaDa is the greatest professional player and I respect him alot. Recently I saw (T)XellOs winning a game, it was a pretty clean victory. When I saw him smiling after he won I almost cried. I hope he can continue to win games.

- You are only a few games away from your 100th win.
▲ I feel that it would be hard to achieve (laugh). The last time I had an interview I didn't even know how many games are left. Although I really wanted to get 100 wins, it doesn't really have to be done in this season. My lifelong goal as a professional player now will be getting that 100 SPL wins.

- Was the world cup also something you would most talk about recently?
▲ I liked how (T)Sea talked about football during his interview, but I don't really know much about football myself. It if was martial arts then I could discuss like the way he did (laugh). Maybe next time I should get asked about martial arts during interviews. I really enjoy watching Lim Su-jeong on OGN's "내가 용자라니" program. (T/N: The chinese translated it as "I am brave")

- Is making the playoff your current goal?
▲ Although I'm no longer the main player of the team, but as a veteran player I will fulfill the duties that a veteran should, and help the team win the SPL. I will work harder.

[image loading]


Source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-06-26/19487.html
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
LuigiNMario
Profile Joined April 2010
United States456 Posts
June 26 2010 18:10 GMT
#2
What on earth is the ppp incident?
When there's Flash there's a way.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
June 26 2010 18:11 GMT
#3
ROFL IRIS IS A BALLER FOR NOT PRACTICING TVT AND WINNING
and bogus sucks balls.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
June 26 2010 18:15 GMT
#4
:D
Moderator<:3-/-<
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
June 26 2010 18:23 GMT
#5
So this is how Iris plays TvT without practicing? Practice less TvT, Iris!

And Iris crying after Xellos' win makes me so sentimental.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
johnlee
Profile Joined June 2009
United States242 Posts
June 26 2010 18:24 GMT
#6
I guess we won't see them wearing those shirts anymore...
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
June 26 2010 18:25 GMT
#7
Movie looked better with acne.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
June 26 2010 18:27 GMT
#8
Iris go for 100wins!
ggaemo fan
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
June 26 2010 18:42 GMT
#9
Let's go Iris!
Though I kind of wanted STX to win to make things more exciting...
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
JodoYodo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1772 Posts
June 26 2010 19:05 GMT
#10
Iris is pretty freaking tall.
Dance dance dance 'till we run this town!
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
June 26 2010 19:32 GMT
#11
Berserker FIGHTING! :D

Next to 100!
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
June 26 2010 19:41 GMT
#12
I can totally picture coach Cho behind the photographer who took the team pic "EFFORT WHAT ARE YOU DOING! STOP LAUGHING!"
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
June 26 2010 20:03 GMT
#13
And STX's brilliant strategy fails yet again.

Iris became quite accepting of the fact that he's a veteran player and is moving on quite well. His interview is just full of sentimental comments. I hope all the veteran players will do well.

Give us Boxer, SKT ._.
Rio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Vietnam598 Posts
June 26 2010 20:09 GMT
#14
Iris ^^
Go CJ
What ever ---------------------------------------------------™
lFrost
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States295 Posts
June 26 2010 20:12 GMT
#15
can anyone explain the ppp incident? i can only think of the one given against leta for pp
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
June 26 2010 20:52 GMT
#16
wasn't ppp battle.net attack? or am i thinking of something else.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
June 26 2010 21:08 GMT
#17
Iris looks huge.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
June 26 2010 21:39 GMT
#18
Go Iris!

On June 27 2010 03:25 Lightwip wrote:
Movie looked better with acne.

it's still there. there's a huge layer of makeup tho but it's still clearly visible.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
June 26 2010 21:43 GMT
#19
Xellos love
It's kind of weird how I don't even relate him to CJ immediately. When is his ace duty done?
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
June 26 2010 21:45 GMT
#20
as much as I hate watching STX lose, it's nice to see iris picking up a win.
Free Palestine
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings66
CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 200
ByuN 39
SHIN 23
MindelVK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12347
Calm 10193
Rain 3307
soO 744
Stork 416
Soulkey 349
BeSt 349
Soma 319
firebathero 253
Rush 251
[ Show more ]
FanTaSy 167
Bisu 132
Barracks 112
Mind 57
Shinee 47
Sexy 43
Killer 30
Last 30
Sharp 27
HiyA 24
sorry 20
hero 17
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 17
Shine 17
yabsab 16
Terrorterran 15
zelot 12
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5341
League of Legends
JimRising 413
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King121
Other Games
gofns30158
singsing1425
Pyrionflax229
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Dystopia_ 0
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV299
League of Legends
• Jankos2893
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 49m
OSC
12h 49m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.