• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:09
CEST 09:09
KST 16:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6730 users

[Interview] Coach of OSL Finals Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 17:10:32
May 22 2010 16:17 GMT
#1
I bumped into this on playsc.com, since no one has done it yet I figured might as well be me enjoy!

+ Show Spoiler +

CJ Entus's manage/head coach Cho Gyu Nam: (Z)EffOrt's win is not just a win for himself.
[image loading]

- (Z)EffOrt became the OSL champion today, how do you feel?
▲ Truly very happy, it felt just like when (T)XellOs won the Olympus OSL.


- As a matter of fact many experts predicted a (T)Flash victory.
▲ Although I'm talking in hindsight, but I still must say that the pre-match predictions were too rash. During the preparation for the finals I already saw hopes of winning through (Z)EffOrt's performance. I felt that this time he definitely won't play mediocre games. After the 4th set I could already see the face of a champion on (Z)EffOrt.

- (Z)EffOrt was dangerously behind 0:2 at one point.
▲ Today's match was absolutely extraordinary. Oddly enough, I was feeling strangely calm when he was down 0:2. In the end he won, so I can say this out now (laugh). I didn't give him any specific advice, I saw the other players gave him some build order suggestions. I never felt uneasy, I never thought he would lose. I believed in (Z)EffOrt.

- There was a re-game for the first set, you did not protest against it strongly.
▲ Actually I would usually protest against something like that, but today's mood was differen't from the get go. At the time (Z)EffOrt scouted (T)Flash's build order so we were at an advantage, but because it was such an important match, (Z)EffOrt would definitely be affected negatively if I started raging.

- (Z)EffOrt winning today would no doubt bring positive influence to CJ.
▲ (P)Movie also got into the OSL final last season, but this time it is even more important. I have always emphasized the importance of individual leagues for my players, because it will definitely affect their performance in SPL. (Z)EffOrt's win is not just a win for himself, it will bring a positive influence to the entire team. I'm sure this will greatly motivate our team in SPL from now on.

- Do you have anything to say to the fans?
▲ There has been alot of bad news lately, but today we saw the love and passion from the fans, and it is proof that esport will have a bright future ahead. If the fans weren't passionate, they wouldn't be angry. The ones who left were those who have left, but I hope everyone would see more truth about the people who have stayed. If everyone can believe in us, and supporting us as always, we promise that we will repay everyone's kindness with even more exciting games.

Source: http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=199139&extra=page=1


Edit: TY to s.Q.uelched for spelling and grammar corrections. OSL finals induced sleep deprivation = monky no function well :S
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
JIJIyO
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1957 Posts
May 22 2010 16:21 GMT
#2
I laughed hard at this part:

At the time (Z)EffOrt scouted (T)Flash's build order so we were at an advantage, but because it was such an important match, (Z)EffOrt would definately be affected negatively if I started raging.


That is so amazing haha. Wish he would have mentioned Savior directly, but I guess all of CJ is trying to forget about that right now. Congrats Effort and thanks for the translation monkey!
KT_Violet
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
May 22 2010 16:25 GMT
#3
Thanks for the translation. Coach Cho sounds like a really good coach and Im sure the team appreciates him a lot. Congrats on the win and best of luck in the future!
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 16:28:09
May 22 2010 16:27 GMT
#4
- EffOrt became the OSL champion today, how do you feel?
▲ Truely very happy, it felt just like when XellOs won the Olympus OSL.

Oh wow this really is a sign like Savior is completely erased from CJ history, as he won Shinhan much more recently than Olympus.

I wish he'd say more about the Savior stuff, but I completely understand that he didn't.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 22 2010 16:27 GMT
#5

- There was a re-game for the first set, you did not protest against it strongly.
▲ Actually I would usually protest against something like that, but today's mood was differen't from the get go. At the time (Z)EffOrt scouted (T)Flash's build order so we were at an advantage, but because it was such an important match, (Z)EffOrt would definately be affected negatively if I started raging.


KT coaching staff, look and learn from a true master and a caring coach for his players.

Btw thanks for the translations!!! Coach Cho is one of the biggest reasons I am a CJ fan.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 22 2010 16:29 GMT
#6
On May 23 2010 01:27 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
- EffOrt became the OSL champion today, how do you feel?
▲ Truely very happy, it felt just like when XellOs won the Olympus OSL.

Oh wow this really is a sign like Savior is completely erased from CJ history, as he won Shinhan much more recently than Olympus.

I wish he'd say more about the Savior stuff, but I completely understand that he didn't.

my thoughts exactly. Looks like CJ (or ESPORTS as a whole) doesn't want to have anything to do with him anymore, and I don't blame it.
POGGERS
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
May 22 2010 16:31 GMT
#7
Coach Cho is like the only reason I can find some peace with Flash losing this OSL. Thanks for translating.
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5924 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 16:37:02
May 22 2010 16:32 GMT
#8
Thanks a lot for translating and posting!
+ Show Spoiler +
FBH #1!
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
May 22 2010 16:35 GMT
#9
CJ is so awesome.

This is the spirit of CJ, and also of being a CJ fan. Positivity, loyalty, and support. In the end, who cares about random things that happened years ago? Who cares about maintaining old grudges? Who cares about bonjwas, and delays, and esports drama?

For CJ, it's about supporting the team, and knowing that in the end, CJ will prevail.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Hirmu
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Finland850 Posts
May 22 2010 16:38 GMT
#10
Coach Cho : The best coach of all time! Such an amazing person.
Ty for translating!
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
May 22 2010 16:38 GMT
#11
I love this man

On May 23 2010 01:27 SuperArc wrote:
Coach Cho is one of the biggest reasons I am a CJ fan.


same for me
beep boop
themonkyguy
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia149 Posts
May 22 2010 16:40 GMT
#12
On May 23 2010 01:32 s.Q.uelched wrote:
Thanks a lot for translating and posting!
+ Show Spoiler +
Some spelling mistakes you might want to correct:
didn't gave = didn't give
definately = definitely
emphesised = emphasized


Edited, I always welcome corrections

Coach Cho has always been extremely well liked and respected amongst the Chinese netizens for being a caring coach as well as a shrewd tactician.
CJ Entusman #48 (-_-)
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
May 22 2010 16:45 GMT
#13
lol @ "raging"

so.. not even mentioning Savior's Shinhan win
interesting?
cw)minsean(ru
Jackal03
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil7469 Posts
May 22 2010 16:50 GMT
#14

- There was a re-game for the first set, you did not protest against it strongly.
▲ Actually I would usually protest against something like that, but today's mood was differen't from the get go. At the time (Z)EffOrt scouted (T)Flash's build order so we were at an advantage, but because it was such an important match, (Z)EffOrt would definately be affected negatively if I started raging.


coach cho is awesome, he knew effort was doing good and it was unecessary to break his confidence by whining about the regame
BW is back
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
May 22 2010 16:54 GMT
#15
Cho wreaks of awesomeness. Not only did he report the under the table dealings to the authorities, but he knows how to keep a cool, calm demeanor. My hat goes off to the guy.
Squallcloud
Profile Joined February 2008
France466 Posts
May 22 2010 16:56 GMT
#16
Hahah it feels like Savior is "You know who" or "The one who shall not be named".
He has been erased from esport history.
Firebathero fanboy - It's not that i'm dumb i'm just controlled by a retarded infestor - Day[9]
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
May 22 2010 17:02 GMT
#17
I feel less hurt about Flash's defeat.
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
May 22 2010 17:02 GMT
#18
haha Ma Jae Yoon = He Who Must Not Be Named
Art.FeeL
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1163 Posts
May 22 2010 17:02 GMT
#19
isn't Oz's coach named Cho? Are they all Cho? Anyway I like this coach
I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work the luckier I am.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
May 22 2010 17:05 GMT
#20
On May 23 2010 01:56 Squallcloud wrote:
Hahah it feels like Savior is "You know who" or "The one who shall not be named".
He has been erased from esport history.


Lol, nice reference.

Coach Cho is definitely dodging any question that could possibly trigger a mentioning of Savior.

Best coach in e-sport. He truly cares.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 160
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 277
HiyA 262
Shine 75
Mong 73
NotJumperer 35
Bale 31
Noble 13
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 807
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft760
Other Games
summit1g8955
PiGStarcraft355
ceh9348
Happy344
Livibee114
ArmadaUGS32
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream517
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2361
League of Legends
• Rush1443
• Lourlo1422
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 52m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.