• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:34
CEST 11:34
KST 18:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6556 users

[Interview] SKT vs eSTRO Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 04:33:45
May 12 2010 04:07 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler +


[image loading]

s2

Today’s win puts you guys at rank 4.
-From rank 6 to rank 4, we’ve advanced 2 ranks, which is good. The mid-level has had extraordinary competition lately, and every win has a lot of significance.

You lost 4 Drones to Zerglings in the beginning.
-I was lucky with Overlord scouting and build order, but the assault caused me unexpected damage, so I felt I was behind. Even though I was behind, my Spire was earlier, so my Mutalisks came out earlier. Killing off that one Overlord helped a lot, so I was able to limit the opponent’s control, and also a Spore Colony With that timing I got ample time.

Hyuk said in an interview that if you slept less and practiced more, you’d be better, did that pressure you?
-Because of Hyuk-hyung’s words, I practiced more than usual. It seems like he meant to say it for this, and thanks to that, I won, and Hyuk-hyung can relax more. To be honest I have been sleeping less than usual [laugh] But because I’m tired I still need to sleep…

You were sent out first twice in a row, were you pressured?
-Even though there might be some pressure, I actually end up being more relaxed. I’m not playing when the team is ahead, nor when behind, so I can switch my way of looking at it and play without any burden.

Are you depressed that your appearance rate isn’t high?
-I’m an easily nervous person, and I would lose often, so there’s no helping it. But I’m working hard, and with the coach’s approval, they gave me a chance.

The Zerg line-up, with Hyuk, is on the rise.
-Recently, Assistant Coach Cha Ji Hyun took over the Zerg lineup, and we now have a 5-1 record. He helped the Zergs improve a lot, and he would often talk with us. He wasn’t a progamer, but he’s very good, and he has a deep understanding of Starcraft, and he’s very good at helping players adjust psychologically to games.

Plans for the rest of the games?
-My personal record is 3-5, and I want to get to at least 50%. I want to become a reliable player who can play often and win often.

Last words?
-Punsoo, a retired teammate of ours, came today. He came all the way from Pusan to cheer us on, so thanks to him. He’s in the army right now, so hopefully he can finish it up healthily. And thanks to all my teammates who helped me practice.

hyuk

The team is now rank 4, thoughts?
-It’s good to be rank 4, good thing to be getting wins on SPL.

Was the Mutalisk all-in prepared or spontaneous?
-I was going to play a macro game, but the opponent made me abandon the thought. I scouted the offensive build from my opponent which has a lot of weaknesses, so I took advantage of the Turret-less timing to get an advantage. I adjusted my gameplan to win.

You’re 4-0 in R4, secret?
-No secret, just good practice. I’ve also been lucky with live games, and I’ve been playing well. I’ve been good at seeing and abusing opponents’ weaknesses, and I’m the same way in practice. If I see a weakness, I’ll grab it and not let go, and in live games similar scenarios would often appear.

The same people played in games 1 and 2 as against CJ.
-I told s2 “if you lost, I’ll have a lot of pressure. Stop sleeping and practice.” He said I’ll see about the practice, but I think it’s good s2 worked to stop sleeping and practice more. Because of it, he won, and I was able to be relaxed in the game.

The next opponent is WeMade.
-I don’t care about the game against WeMade, no one I want to play. Instead I’m more interested in the game against STX, because STX has been doing well, I want to win against them [T/N: Oh we’ll see about that >O]

Last words?
-Thanks to Mong_Lt, yeOngJae, and Coach Cha. I hope to continue winning.

fantasy

Thoughts on ending the game?
-When we were up 2-0, I thought we wouldn’t need to play ace, so I played with the attitude of a spectator. But suddenly my hands got cold when the situation changed in game 4. Even though I was nervous, I’m glad I won. I was on a 0-2 streak, so this win mattered a lot.

You did a proxy 8rax, and the opponent did a 4pool. Thoughts?
-I was going to cheese, but the opponent did it first. When both sides cheese, Terran is obviously advantaged [T/N: Terran imbaaaaaaw =(] I’m usually not this style, but with a good transition win, I think I need to work on varying my style more.

Your first Marines died, and it was dangerous for a while.
-When I saw the Zerglings, I knew it was all of them, so I thought “I want to see if you have anymore” and charged the Marines in. I thought if I could take this attack I would win, but it still put me in danger. But from the results, it was an interesting game, and because of it, I got the MVP award. I’m glad, but I need to be more careful next time [laugh]

What did coach oov say after the game?
-He didn’t say much, but he pleasantly asked me “why did you give away those units?” He’s worried about it like it’s his own game, which makes me grateful. I need to do better.

Thoughts on your recent TvZ?
-Like I say, I’m usually good in practice, but I underperform in live games. I’ve been trying more variety lately. My weakness is TvZ right now, I need to work harder.

You’re at 31 wins, which is better than last season’s 29. Are you satisfied?
-My strength increased compared to last season, so I’m satisfied. There are still games left. My goal is 40 wins. I must accomplish this goal.

Your next opponent is FOX, anyone you want to play?
-I want to play against Roro. No real reason, but I want to play TvZ. No matter how difficult, I need to face more Zergs. Also, I just remembered, I want to play Pure for revenge for OSL.

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=197187&extra=page=1



Did this one kinda fast, sorry for lower quality.
TranslatorBaa!
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
May 12 2010 04:11 GMT
#2
Ah thanks! I wanted Fantasy interview the moment he win the game. The EPIC game kkkk. Ahh
Iloveoov face.

I am gonna read now. Thanks alot for doing the interview
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
saritenite
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Singapore1680 Posts
May 12 2010 04:18 GMT
#3
Sweet ^-^ thanks, I was just looking for this after looking for Oov's gif.
CKSide
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States223 Posts
May 12 2010 04:20 GMT
#4
thanks for the translation!
Check
JaedongMidasAction
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States70 Posts
May 12 2010 04:24 GMT
#5
dang it action if you had gone standard you could have won... bad luck
bubblegumbo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Taiwan1296 Posts
May 12 2010 04:27 GMT
#6
Nobody would've thought that Hyuk would eventually become more consistent than Bisu in the Proleague. He must've adjusted himself mentally, the guy used to never smile even after winning.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper is a genius. For man to survive, they need toilet paper!"- Nal_rA
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
May 12 2010 04:51 GMT
#7
Hey Sheep...
ur cute
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
May 12 2010 04:57 GMT
#8
Looks like SKT needs to change more coaches.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
May 12 2010 05:10 GMT
#9
Change the Protoss coach too, maybe that'll help Bisu out
Writerptrk
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
May 12 2010 05:17 GMT
#10
On May 12 2010 13:57 cascades wrote:
Looks like SKT needs to change more coaches.


Protoss lineup has not been the same ever since Kingdom left.
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
May 12 2010 06:54 GMT
#11
Good to see their zergs winning. Too bad Bisu didn't even get to play.
dtnmang
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam752 Posts
May 12 2010 07:13 GMT
#12
Interview oov plz, rofl.
KT Roflster - the lulziest team of Proleague.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 07:34:40
May 12 2010 07:34 GMT
#13
is there a gif of oov's 'what the fuck are you doing' reaction anywhere yet?
if not guess i'll have to =[
Commentator
Kentor *
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5784 Posts
May 12 2010 07:43 GMT
#14
you know when you open up that spoiler for the first time s2 looks like leta
ZiZi Yo
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands102 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 07:59:24
May 12 2010 07:50 GMT
#15
On May 12 2010 16:34 GTR wrote:
is there a gif of oov's 'what the fuck are you doing' reaction anywhere yet?
if not guess i'll have to =[


I made 2 gifs... ^-^

Don't know if this is 'what the fuck are you doing' reaction that you're talking about, but:

[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If it's not either of them, i am planning to blog more later ^^
Too many "#1 김택용 fanboys" ¬_¬ // "난 그냥 메가가 아니에요" XD // CellaWeRRa, the hamburgerrist~~~
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
May 12 2010 07:50 GMT
#16
Hyuk is as badass as ever.
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
May 12 2010 08:32 GMT
#17
On May 12 2010 16:50 ZiZi Yo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2010 16:34 GTR wrote:
is there a gif of oov's 'what the fuck are you doing' reaction anywhere yet?
if not guess i'll have to =[


I made 2 gifs... ^-^

Don't know if this is 'what the fuck are you doing' reaction that you're talking about, but:

Show nested quote +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If it's not either of them, i am planning to blog more later ^^


hahahah yes! thanks for these
KTY
Kentor *
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5784 Posts
May 12 2010 08:34 GMT
#18
On May 12 2010 16:50 ZiZi Yo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2010 16:34 GTR wrote:
is there a gif of oov's 'what the fuck are you doing' reaction anywhere yet?
if not guess i'll have to =[


I made 2 gifs... ^-^

Don't know if this is 'what the fuck are you doing' reaction that you're talking about, but:

Show nested quote +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If it's not either of them, i am planning to blog more later ^^

you skip frames in your gif? can't see him say 바보(babo) any more
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 08:52:46
May 12 2010 08:52 GMT
#19
Wtf Hyuk!

WeMadeTerran is going to crush you for your BM!

How can a SKT player say they dont care about WeMade if they are the direct rivals for a highly seeded playoff spot?
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
May 12 2010 08:56 GMT
#20
On May 12 2010 16:50 ZiZi Yo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2010 16:34 GTR wrote:
is there a gif of oov's 'what the fuck are you doing' reaction anywhere yet?
if not guess i'll have to =[


I made 2 gifs... ^-^

Don't know if this is 'what the fuck are you doing' reaction that you're talking about, but:

Show nested quote +
[image loading]




LOOOOOOOOOL Awesome gif, give that man a star please ! Im in office right now, trying my best to not roll on the floor omg
ॐ
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1382
Bisu 961
Soma 436
EffOrt 179
hero 174
Pusan 106
HiyA 82
ZerO 49
sorry 40
Killer 38
[ Show more ]
soO 35
Bale 26
Rush 24
Mong 23
Shinee 21
Sharp 18
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Dota 2
Gorgc68
Counter-Strike
edward52
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft824
crisheroes651
Other Games
gofns44759
olofmeister1243
singsing1141
ceh9539
Livibee218
Pyrionflax140
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream557
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 35
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2369
League of Legends
• Jankos1567
• Rush1497
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
27m
Afreeca Starleague
27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.