• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:00
CEST 10:00
KST 17:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7231 users

How can Europeans join Facebook contest?

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
April 23 2010 13:25 GMT
#1
Facebook Giveaway Rules

Hi there, Blizzard Facebook Beta Giveaway is back, and again, Europeans can not participate. Actually the problem is, we can not see new posts about contests on Starcraft page on Facebook.

What most Europeans can see:
[image loading]


BUT, There is a way to sneak in!!!
It is pretty easy, all you have to do is use USA proxy...

Step 1.
Choose one USA proxy from Proxy List. Higher rating means better, faster, more reliable. I use http://www.00unblock.info/

Step 2.
Put www.facebook.com in adress bar on proxy site
[image loading]
Proxy site will open Facebook for you and you can log-in.
My advice is to create a special Facebook account for this, might be that some pages are gathering accounts/passwords...

Step 3.
After you are logged in, you can go to www.facebook.com/starcraft
[image loading]
Now Facebook thinks, you are viewing the page from USA so you can see posts related to contest.

Refresh is little slower with Proxy, so it was pretty difficult to use it when Blizzard just posted beta-key and 20 fastest typers cold get it. Now they are posting 5 questions and first 100 people who write the right answers for all of them will get beta-access.

Hope this will help some Europeans get Beta-key
Good Luck

borso
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary28 Posts
April 23 2010 13:37 GMT
#2
Not working for me, facebook somehow still knows that I'm from Hungary, and I can't see the US contest posts.
Science. It works bitches!
ExecutioN
Profile Joined March 2010
Latvia52 Posts
April 23 2010 13:38 GMT
#3
They are giving away a US key.. You will be able to play, but there will be an amount of lag.
If I lack belief in God, why would he belive in me?
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
April 23 2010 13:39 GMT
#4
On April 23 2010 22:37 borso wrote:
Not working for me, facebook somehow still knows that I'm from Hungary, and I can't see the US contest posts.


Which proxy you choosed?
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
April 23 2010 13:39 GMT
#5
Pretty sure that keys are not region specific, if you attach a US key to a EU account, it will be a EU key.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
borso
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary28 Posts
April 23 2010 13:41 GMT
#6
On April 23 2010 22:38 ExecutioN wrote:
They are giving away a US key.. You will be able to play, but there will be an amount of lag.


Beta keys aren't restricted to regions, but even if they were I would be happy with that lag.
Science. It works bitches!
borso
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary28 Posts
April 23 2010 13:43 GMT
#7
On April 23 2010 22:39 Uriel_SVK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 22:37 borso wrote:
Not working for me, facebook somehow still knows that I'm from Hungary, and I can't see the US contest posts.


Which proxy you choosed?


The one you've suggested. (http://www.00unblock.info/)
Anyway, I tried out other proxies yesterday, but none worked for me. I don't know why, they should have.
Science. It works bitches!
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
April 23 2010 13:45 GMT
#8
On April 23 2010 22:43 borso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 22:39 Uriel_SVK wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:37 borso wrote:
Not working for me, facebook somehow still knows that I'm from Hungary, and I can't see the US contest posts.


Which proxy you choosed?


The one you've suggested. (http://www.00unblock.info/)
Anyway, I tried out other proxies yesterday, but none worked for me. I don't know why, they should have.


Did you log-in? And I think you have to be a fan to see it, try to post a screenshot of what you see ...
borso
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary28 Posts
April 23 2010 13:48 GMT
#9
On April 23 2010 22:45 Uriel_SVK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 22:43 borso wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:39 Uriel_SVK wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:37 borso wrote:
Not working for me, facebook somehow still knows that I'm from Hungary, and I can't see the US contest posts.


Which proxy you choosed?


The one you've suggested. (http://www.00unblock.info/)
Anyway, I tried out other proxies yesterday, but none worked for me. I don't know why, they should have.


Did you log-in? And I think you have to be a fan to see it, try to post a screenshot of what you see ...



Nah, I don't have a facebook profile, that's the problem then. :D
But thanks!
Science. It works bitches!
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
April 23 2010 13:48 GMT
#10
On April 23 2010 22:48 borso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 22:45 Uriel_SVK wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:43 borso wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:39 Uriel_SVK wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:37 borso wrote:
Not working for me, facebook somehow still knows that I'm from Hungary, and I can't see the US contest posts.


Which proxy you choosed?


The one you've suggested. (http://www.00unblock.info/)
Anyway, I tried out other proxies yesterday, but none worked for me. I don't know why, they should have.


Did you log-in? And I think you have to be a fan to see it, try to post a screenshot of what you see ...



Nah, I don't have a facebook profile, that's the problem then. :D
But thanks!


Well that might be it
wongi
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia86 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 13:58:47
April 23 2010 13:58 GMT
#11
On April 23 2010 22:48 Uriel_SVK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 22:48 borso wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:45 Uriel_SVK wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:43 borso wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:39 Uriel_SVK wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:37 borso wrote:
Not working for me, facebook somehow still knows that I'm from Hungary, and I can't see the US contest posts.


Which proxy you choosed?


The one you've suggested. (http://www.00unblock.info/)
Anyway, I tried out other proxies yesterday, but none worked for me. I don't know why, they should have.


Did you log-in? And I think you have to be a fan to see it, try to post a screenshot of what you see ...



Nah, I don't have a facebook profile, that's the problem then. :D
But thanks!


Well that might be it


I have facebook but I can't see the contest either. I followed what you posted there, any other help?
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
April 23 2010 14:00 GMT
#12
On April 23 2010 22:58 wongi wrote:

I have facebook but I can't see the contest either. I followed what you posted there, any other help?


If possible post a screenshot
wongi
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia86 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 14:14:35
April 23 2010 14:14 GMT
#13
On April 23 2010 23:00 Uriel_SVK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 22:58 wongi wrote:

I have facebook but I can't see the contest either. I followed what you posted there, any other help?


If possible post a screenshot


ive attached the screenshot here
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
FarbrorAbavna
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden4856 Posts
April 23 2010 14:18 GMT
#14
sweet tip, might give this a try. Finally blizz realised that random ebay-seller boted the keys and people who just wanna "try" the beta out were the ones getting a key.
Do you really want chat rooms?
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 14:30:04
April 23 2010 14:28 GMT
#15
On April 23 2010 23:14 wongi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 23:00 Uriel_SVK wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:58 wongi wrote:

I have facebook but I can't see the contest either. I followed what you posted there, any other help?


If possible post a screenshot


ive attached the screenshot here
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


hmm...
1. Try to use different proxy from the list
2. Try to create new account
3. Try IE or google chrome

Really not a clue what this could be


Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
April 23 2010 14:30 GMT
#16
On April 23 2010 23:28 Uriel_SVK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 23:14 wongi wrote:
On April 23 2010 23:00 Uriel_SVK wrote:
On April 23 2010 22:58 wongi wrote:

I have facebook but I can't see the contest either. I followed what you posted there, any other help?


If possible post a screenshot


ive attached the screenshot here
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


hmm...
1. Try to use different proxy from the list
2. Try to create new account

Really not a clue what this could be




Thats just how it is, different servers between US / Europe etc. I have facebook friends from USA and their walls update so fucking slow, they tell me they have something on their wall but I can't see it, then I log onto their own account and bam I can see it.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
April 23 2010 19:21 GMT
#17
Facebook Giveaway in 30 minutes!!!
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
April 23 2010 19:22 GMT
#18
gl getting in guys
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
NiiPPLES
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom201 Posts
April 23 2010 19:22 GMT
#19
I've played on both EU and US servers, personally the experience was identical.
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
April 23 2010 20:01 GMT
#20
Think answers are

1.War Pigs
2.NO PAK PAK
3.Dog Tag
4.Robert Clotworthy
5. Zeratul
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 142
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 972
HiyA 140
Mong 51
Shine 43
Bale 29
NotJumperer 29
sorry 19
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
JimRising 554
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 795
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft768
crisheroes114
Other Games
summit1g9033
olofmeister817
ceh9497
Happy399
PiGStarcraft335
Livibee142
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream551
Other Games
gamesdonequick520
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH299
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2398
League of Legends
• Lourlo1388
• Rush1344
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h
Afreeca Starleague
2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.