• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:08
CEST 07:08
KST 14:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7512 users

[Interview] MSL Group H

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 20:23:19
April 08 2010 20:15 GMT
#1
2-0 Winner


+ Show Spoiler +


[image loading]


Thoughts on making it to the Ro16 for the first time in your career?
-I think I can play even better in live games, and to finally be able to make it to the Ro16 makes me feel very happy. Lately, I’ve been having “I can win this!” thoughts in all my games.

How did you feel about the group?
-I loved every bit of it. I always wished I could stay in Group H, and when the Zerg Zero-hyung left the group, and nothing else changed, it was really great for me.

You’re breaking the dominance of the Six Dragons, are you confident in your PvP?
-I’ve always been very sure of my PvP, but looking back, that might’ve been a bit of a childish thought [laugh] Including PvP, the more I play, the more I think Starcraft is a deep game. I remember saying in an interview saying “all Protoss is the same.” I don’t think I’ll ever say anything like that again.

Thoughts on the game against Bisu?
-I needed to maintain a good mindset against Bisu-hyung. Because he’s so high up, there’s of course some pressure. Bisu leans towards a defensive stance, so all of my builds and strategies were designed to face the strongest Protoss. I think I was able to win the mindgames, so of course I didn’t lose.

You were never in danger the whole game.
-Because of my good Observer scouting, when my opponent attacked my natural, I wasn’t passive. And when I found the Reavers, I knew I had it won. Bisu leans towards defensive play, so when I macroed up and A moved, and just focused on good reinforcing, I knew I could win.

There are comments comparing you to Best in style.
-I have confidence in my overall gamesense and strategy, but I think BeSt is still much better than me. July-hyung had also told me that my macro is very good, but I personally don’t think I’m good at macroing, but rather I’m good at knowing when to macro. As a progamer, I need to strive to be the best, so I need to work hard to match up and surpass BeSt.

So is this the birth of a new Protoss powerhouse?
-Because of my good record lately, I feel even more nervous. For many years, I played poorly, and now that I’m suddenly good, I’m really scared that I would suddenly lose a couple games and go back to being mediocre. So even though I wish I could continue winning, I don’t know if that’s possible. Best I can do is to just keep working out to survive.

We’re looking forward to the collaboration between you and Kal.
-I think you can learn a lot being in the same team as the best Protoss right now. Need to thank Kal [laugh] (T/N There’s some stuff here that I didn’t understand Something about a [finals? Showdown?]. :S)

Your opponent in the Ro16 is Hiya.
-I’m glad it’s a Terran.

Last words?
-I came from the same high school as Movie, and we’re good friends. We also came out from Courage together. Recently, Movie took OSL silver, and is one of the best newcomers. I originally wanted to have a game with him as a professional game between friends, but unfortunately, that didn’t work out. I hope Movie can perform well in the remaining games and advance.



2-1 winner


+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


First time in the MSL Ro16 in your career, thoughts?
-I should be pretty happy. But I’m kind of dizzy for some reason.

You lost a lot to DTs in the first game.
-In multiple-game series I always have this feeling – like I can’t properly warm-up by game one. Good thing during the loser’s game I was able to perform like in practice. The first map was prone to a lot of different situations, so I considered the possibility of losing. I wanted to play better in the later games, but though I advanced, I’m not completely satisfied.

Were you nervous at all?
-When I typed GG, I had a lot of thoughts. But I still have games, I need to look forward always.

How do you feel about PvP?
-I have to play PvP tomorrow too. A lot of people say my PvP is weak, I need to work to change this perception.

You used a three-gate strategy in the last game.
-Because I didn’t play well in the first game, the last game I wanted to use the 3-gate opening that I originally prepared. To be honest the last battle was paper thin. Either of us could’ve won.

You did indeed have dangerous moments in the end.
-When I thought I was about to lose timing, Bisu A-moved into me, so I was able to escape danger.

Your Reaver control was pretty good.
-Even if my micro wasn’t good with Reavers, I had a lot of Dragoons, so I thought I could win. I still think my performance isn’t up to par compared to practice.

Goals for this MSL?
-Even though I said I wanted to win in the beginning, in reality, I think my goal is just to get a seed status.

You’re facing Stork in the OSL tomorrow.
-As long as I can perform like I do in practice, it should be fine. But it’s weird during live games, I always lose. If I lose tomorrow I’ll be eliminated from the OSL. I’m still ambitious, so I will work my hardest to win.

Last words?
-Even though I need to do DreamLeague, Snow and nbs-hyung worked their hardest to help me, and the team gave me a lot of support for the individual leagues, so I was able to get a lot of practice.

TranslatorBaa!
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
April 08 2010 20:22 GMT
#2
Interesting how they went to the same high school.... Is it just me or more and more progamers are moving away from the classic "i hope my fans will support me and to do well" interviews?
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
April 08 2010 20:28 GMT
#3
Yoonjoong <3

Q: So is this the birth of a new Protoss powerhouse?
A: YESYESYESYESYES
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
DreaM)XeRO
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Korea (South)4667 Posts
April 08 2010 20:48 GMT
#4
-_- im sooo depresssed

Bisu and his sexy hair arent here
i've stopped caring about this MSL

it's Flash's for the taking
cw)minsean(ru
SkytoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Austria1137 Posts
April 08 2010 21:00 GMT
#5
On April 09 2010 05:48 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
-_- im sooo depresssed

Bisu and his sexy hair arent here
i've stopped caring about this MSL

it's Flash's for the taking


me too buddy... me too ;(
Bisu... ;-(
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 21:01:41
April 08 2010 21:01 GMT
#6
+ Show Spoiler +
yeah... i expected bisu to hold that ridiculous 3 gate robo support bay all in
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
mmdmmd
Profile Joined June 2007
722 Posts
April 08 2010 21:37 GMT
#7
I thought dreamleague is for B teams??
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
April 08 2010 22:10 GMT
#8
On April 09 2010 06:37 mmdmmd wrote:
I thought dreamleague is for B teams??

I think he meant Snow and Nbs have dream league to play in.
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 22:29:05
April 08 2010 22:25 GMT
#9
(T/N There’s some stuff here that I didn’t understand Something about a [finals? Showdown?]


He's talking about Gwangali, the place where the Proleague Grand Finals takes place. He says," If we go to the Grand Finals by being good together, then the team will be very happy. I hope Kal feels the same (laughs)."
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
April 08 2010 22:56 GMT
#10
That's it guys...Stork is out, Bisu is out. It's just Jaedong and Flash left. Considering that Jaedong got raped by Baby, three times straight up, I am not holding up much hope here for a non-one sided final. Flash can rape MSL now.

And now either Movie or Stork will be eliminated tomorrow in the OSL...*sigh*
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
April 08 2010 23:07 GMT
#11
On April 09 2010 07:10 r33k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2010 06:37 mmdmmd wrote:
I thought dreamleague is for B teams??

I think he meant Snow and Nbs have dream league to play in.


That makes so much more sense ~_~

Bad translation, sorry. I'm like dying from allergies...
TranslatorBaa!
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 08 2010 23:16 GMT
#12
On April 09 2010 05:48 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
-_- im sooo depresssed

Bisu and his sexy hair arent here
i've stopped caring about this MSL

it's Flash's for the taking

lol like bisu was going to win the msl even if he passed this group

he'd be eliminated in the ro16, if not ro16 then certainly ro8
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
April 08 2010 23:19 GMT
#13
On April 09 2010 05:48 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
-_- im sooo depresssed

Bisu and his sexy hair arent here
i've stopped caring about this MSL

it's Flash's for the taking


No love for the Dong-a-lisk?
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
win8282
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)454 Posts
April 08 2010 23:34 GMT
#14
Me an some buddies were watching the bisu games on TV and we all cringed at how bad his PvP has become. 1st game he would've lost if it weren't for Movie's amazingly humungous lapse in attention. 2nd he lost vs standard even though he had the upper hand in the beginning. 3rd game... Bisu the Revolutionnaire would've held that off. Not Bisu the Slumping One though.
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
April 09 2010 00:19 GMT
#15
On April 09 2010 05:48 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
-_- im sooo depresssed

Bisu and his sexy hair arent here
i've stopped caring about this MSL

it's Flash's for the taking


Not that Bisu can stop Flash in this day and age..
Betrayed by EG.BuK
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
April 09 2010 00:43 GMT
#16
Opposite of what I chose lol
Jaedong :3
POWEROUTAGE
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore884 Posts
April 09 2010 02:32 GMT
#17
Thanks for the interview, Carnivorous Sheep

Really disappointed at Stats being 0-2ed, but really happy for Shuttle whom I've been a fan of for quite some time. He's really shaping up to be a fine protoss, he'll make it far. Just need to improve his PvT and he'll be incredible.
Stats. The new standard bearer of the protoss.
mOojc
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia460 Posts
April 09 2010 02:42 GMT
#18
All I can say is T_T. Happy about Shuttle though. Some sexy play.

BISSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUU. T_T
Katsuge
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore7730 Posts
April 09 2010 02:50 GMT
#19
meh shuttle knows bisu's style completely -.-


time to change ur play Bisu..
김태연 | 정은지 | 아이유 |  한효주 | 이민정 <3 -|||- 소녀시대 에이핑크 사랑해!
AlwaysGG
Profile Joined March 2009
Taiwan952 Posts
April 09 2010 03:42 GMT
#20
On April 09 2010 05:48 DreaM)XeRO wrote:
-_- im sooo depresssed

Bisu and his sexy hair arent here
i've stopped caring about this MSL

it's Flash's for the taking


even if bisu does advance I don't think the currently form of him have any chance against flash.
Trust 神教教主 FlaSh | Believe 火心 EffOrt
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 114
SortOf 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2219
Mong 98
Shinee 75
HiyA 75
sorry 30
Noble 12
NotJumperer 11
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1315
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
JimRising 658
Reynor39
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft615
Other Games
summit1g7060
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0376
PiGStarcraft244
ArmadaUGS45
RuFF_SC229
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick840
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream423
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2143
League of Legends
• Lourlo1314
• Rush1230
• Stunt347
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 52m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.