• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:21
CEST 04:21
KST 11:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6009 users

g5vsmachinewow

Forum Index > Replays
Post a Reply
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
September 01 2009 22:05 GMT
#1
^_^
StalinRusH
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States734 Posts
September 02 2009 00:45 GMT
#2
nice game...i thought machine actually had it...damn G5 and him using the banking system!
A Combination Of Tuberculosis And A Tomahawk To The Head:: Nothing Bonds Drunken Idiots Like Sexual Innuendos ::
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-02 02:25:51
September 02 2009 02:23 GMT
#3
Ugh, I hate it when people say "this game is over" every time one player gains a moderate advantage. :/

Nice game, good arb usage.

Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
September 02 2009 03:32 GMT
#4
I think it's interesting that Machine hotkeys his hatches from 1-5 and his units from 6-0. That's unlike anybody else's hotkeys and it seems interesting.
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
September 02 2009 04:08 GMT
#5
On September 02 2009 12:32 Athos wrote:
I think it's interesting that Machine hotkeys his hatches from 1-5 and his units from 6-0. That's unlike anybody else's hotkeys and it seems interesting.

Actually, I've heard of quite a few players (koreans, mostly) that use this setup. Maybe they find 5a6a7a faster and easier than 1a2a3a? I wouldn't like it, as I don't like to use my pinkie much for anything but Ctrl and it's easier for me to quickly snap to 1 than to 5. But I can see the justification.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
September 02 2009 04:16 GMT
#6
its what polish people and blackman did
iD.NicKy
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
France767 Posts
September 02 2009 07:29 GMT
#7
epic epic game indeed
poor 'insert the looser here'
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
September 02 2009 09:48 GMT
#8
I recently wondered if it isn't more effective to use 1-5 or so for hatches and 6-0 for units, along with using patrol instead of attack move since they work the same if you are actually encountering an army. That would also allow you to use something like 0 for mutas (close to hold and patrol obviously) without having your unit hotkeys separated or mixing up unit and building hotkeys. There is the problem with units not staying where you want them to stay, though, so you have to be more careful with when to use patrol and when to simply move your units.
Well, just an idea, I didn't try it yet.

I really like the hallucinated archons. I wonder if he did it only for the meatshields or if it actually made it harder for the zerg to get up a proper surround, which would reduce the damage even more. But imo he overdid it a bit, sometimes he should have saved a few more storms. But I definately think it is a good thing to do if you have too many templars to effectively use all those storms. You can also cast hallucination, morph the temps without enegry into archons and then attack, as the hallucinations will last long enough. Just like in million man march.
Zergs would really have a good use for ensnare in this case (easier to place well than plague and also kills all hallucinations).
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
ZBiR
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
Poland1092 Posts
September 02 2009 09:48 GMT
#9
On September 02 2009 13:08 3clipse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2009 12:32 Athos wrote:
I think it's interesting that Machine hotkeys his hatches from 1-5 and his units from 6-0. That's unlike anybody else's hotkeys and it seems interesting.

Actually, I've heard of quite a few players (koreans, mostly) that use this setup. Maybe they find 5a6a7a faster and easier than 1a2a3a? I wouldn't like it, as I don't like to use my pinkie much for anything but Ctrl and it's easier for me to quickly snap to 1 than to 5. But I can see the justification.

When you hotkey army to late digits, you attack with them using Patrol, not Attack command. Early digits are closer to S, so that's why people use it for hatches. I thought that this is the standard setup for zerg
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
September 02 2009 09:49 GMT
#10
On September 02 2009 18:48 ZBiR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2009 13:08 3clipse wrote:
On September 02 2009 12:32 Athos wrote:
I think it's interesting that Machine hotkeys his hatches from 1-5 and his units from 6-0. That's unlike anybody else's hotkeys and it seems interesting.

Actually, I've heard of quite a few players (koreans, mostly) that use this setup. Maybe they find 5a6a7a faster and easier than 1a2a3a? I wouldn't like it, as I don't like to use my pinkie much for anything but Ctrl and it's easier for me to quickly snap to 1 than to 5. But I can see the justification.

When you hotkey army to late digits, you attack with them using Patrol, not Attack command. Early digits are closer to S, so that's why people use it for hatches. I thought that this is the standard setup for zerg

Well it was unlikely that I was the first to think of it :p I wonder why I have never heard of that.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
September 02 2009 13:33 GMT
#11
On September 02 2009 12:32 Athos wrote:
I think it's interesting that Machine hotkeys his hatches from 1-5 and his units from 6-0. That's unlike anybody else's hotkeys and it seems interesting.


it's because he uses two hands to macro saw him doing it at a lan. and he uses patrol instead of attack move.
WeSt
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Portugal918 Posts
September 02 2009 16:31 GMT
#12
On September 02 2009 13:08 3clipse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2009 12:32 Athos wrote:
I think it's interesting that Machine hotkeys his hatches from 1-5 and his units from 6-0. That's unlike anybody else's hotkeys and it seems interesting.

Actually, I've heard of quite a few players (koreans, mostly) that use this setup. Maybe they find 5a6a7a faster and easier than 1a2a3a? I wouldn't like it, as I don't like to use my pinkie much for anything but Ctrl and it's easier for me to quickly snap to 1 than to 5. But I can see the justification.


I use that hotkey setup. 1-4 for hatches and 5-9 units and 0 defiler/scourge

It's useful to macro as zerg -> 1sZ2sZ3sZ4sZ... zergs just need to make a lot of lings to win the game.
zvz is imba
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
September 02 2009 16:40 GMT
#13
this is a lot like http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=100206 in that + Show Spoiler +
protoss can win without ever attacking because of zerg's obsession with spending all their money on units that get sacrificed onto turtled up bases
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
September 02 2009 18:59 GMT
#14
i was all excited about a bunch of comments.. and I found a discussion on hotkeys
Sharp-eYe
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada642 Posts
September 02 2009 19:58 GMT
#15
im new here, so sorry if this is a spoiler :/

can someone explain why G5 used hallusion on the archons? It seems like such a HUGE waste of energy. He could have used 2 storms with the amount of energy he had... just doesnt seem very smart to me. IF the hallucinations did any damage, then off course it would be a viable option but psyonic storm seems like a better option. He could have ended the game if he engaged the army and casted all those storms.
Are you truly so blinded by your vaunted religion, that you can't see the fall ahead of you? - Zeratul III AKA WikidSik ingame (anygame)
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
September 24 2009 03:35 GMT
#16
Against Ultras in particular hallucinations are great at soaking up hits and physically blocking units from hitting the Archons. Storm tends not to be that good against Ultras anyway and you end up damaging your own units most of the time in that situation... definitely an uncommon strategy, but one worthy of consideration.
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings102
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft304
ByuN 277
RuFF_SC2 137
ViBE83
CosmosSc2 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2315
GuemChi 1376
Artosis 638
Sharp 149
910 58
MaD[AoV]17
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever413
LuMiX2
Counter-Strike
taco 692
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox803
Other Games
summit1g7874
Day[9].tv803
JimRising 608
C9.Mang0394
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick782
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP50
• EnkiAlexander 46
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv803
• Shiphtur578
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 39m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.