• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:35
CEST 19:35
KST 02:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7528 users

[TSL] Casters and Maps - Page 26

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
527 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 Next All
underdawg
Profile Joined January 2011
United States399 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 19:00:00
March 13 2011 18:58 GMT
#501
well husky isn't going to spend the first 5 minutes of every game talking about himself during a tournament, so it'll probably be ok.

also think there should be ONE rush-able map, no? oh well (flame me, i'm terran)
Lucid90
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada340 Posts
March 13 2011 19:28 GMT
#502
the only reason why they picked husky is to cater to all the noobs who like his stupid casting style.

The only people who are deserving to cast this IMO are day9, tasteless and artosis. Maybe chill, but IMO he has to be a little more charismatic. Only people who have been in the starcraft community for a while and know what the hell they're talking about should cast this.

User was temp banned for this post.
My sc2 account: http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1296221/LuciD
fsGAMER
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway6 Posts
March 13 2011 19:55 GMT
#503
Love this! Dj.Wheat is freaking awsome! all of them are!"!!!!!"!"!"11
Froland
HavoK.
Profile Joined March 2010
United States172 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 21:55:16
March 13 2011 21:53 GMT
#504
This is gonna be awesome no doubt im really surprised by what husky is doing in all this to be quite honest it didn't see that coming i guess this is a proving ground for him.


EDIT: Lucid is totally right, i think only people who have made a decent impact and have been around the scene for a while should cast, compared to people who still seem very new.
Fungal Growth
Profile Joined November 2010
United States434 Posts
March 13 2011 23:42 GMT
#505
Kudos to TSL for inviting Husky...very good caster and if he advertises his appearance on TSL to his 400k+ subscribers this will be a huge boon for TSL.

Don't get the argument that you have to be an elite player to be a good caster... Some of the worst casters in professional sports are ex-all stars, while some of the best sports casters were either marginal players or didn't even play the sport.

Would have been nice to see HD get an invite...

As for Day9, I'm surprised he is as popular as he is... He exaggerates his vocal inflections which makes him very difficult to listen too, he repeats things a lot, takes a long time to say a little, and his humor just doesn't work for me... I think he could improve a lot if he stopped trying to be cute and just used a more 'straight to the point' style of casting.

Would be cool to see Artosis and Husky do a co-cast.
IamEmba
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland8 Posts
March 13 2011 23:45 GMT
#506
I think I'm one of those noobs that are mentioned so very often in the last 26 pages - aside from the fact that I'm not bronze leage, heck - I don't even play SC2.

As esports reach out to a wider and more diversified crowd, you'll have the viewer ranks filling up with people like me: pure spectators, that have maybe tried playing once or twice, maybe not, that are enjoying to see the pros at work in well cast games, and happy with doing just that.

(while of course it would be amazing to be awesome at Starcraft (or any computer game, really) and play insane games against the best of the best, these musings are on par with daydreams of me scoring the game winning point in a soccer match or whatever - a daydream, albeit a fun one.)

What drew me in was a youtube vid of the HDH Invitational during the beta - well timed, just as the tournament was unfolding - and the thing that really made me stay was the very fact that it was cast with passion, real, seemingly touchable passion, sort of like south american soccer commentators.
So yeah, the noobs might not be as deeply embedded in the scene as the aspiring diamond league player, and they might not be too enthusiastic about hour-long breakdowns of just how a certain timing push has to be executed to get it just right - and for those the charged outcry of "oh, a drop coming in from the south!" might actually be more than just stating the obvious - so I for one am very happy to see an interesting and well selected field of casters, sharing both expertise and charisma.

Can't wait!
MC Goody IdrA Socke
zyglrox
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1168 Posts
March 14 2011 00:56 GMT
#507
On March 14 2011 08:42 Fungal Growth wrote:
Kudos to TSL for inviting Husky...very good caster and if he advertises his appearance on TSL to his 400k+ subscribers this will be a huge boon for TSL.

Don't get the argument that you have to be an elite player to be a good caster... Some of the worst casters in professional sports are ex-all stars, while some of the best sports casters were either marginal players or didn't even play the sport.

Would have been nice to see HD get an invite...

As for Day9, I'm surprised he is as popular as he is... He exaggerates his vocal inflections which makes him very difficult to listen too, he repeats things a lot, takes a long time to say a little, and his humor just doesn't work for me... I think he could improve a lot if he stopped trying to be cute and just used a more 'straight to the point' style of casting.

Would be cool to see Artosis and Husky do a co-cast.



inb4 flames

User was temp banned for this post.
champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.
sergedelacalle
Profile Joined March 2011
France24 Posts
March 14 2011 01:47 GMT
#508
Nice team of commentators!!!
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
March 14 2011 04:33 GMT
#509
I like Husky. I like anyone who supports Starcraft, helps it grow, and makes it fun. All the elitists are just that.

As for the map pool, I have to say this:

I think Crevasse/Terminus AND Tal'Darim are a bit of an overkill. I think, if you took out one of those new colossal maps and put up Lost Temple I would have been 100% satisfied. Seems like they went TOO overboard with the new maps before they are completely proven, and LT is such a HUGE piece of Starcraft history- I would have loved to see either that or Shattered Temple as one of the choices.

I came to post that, but had to comment on Husky, again. Don't be jelly y'all haters. Lord. Just allow a brother to do his thing.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
HesitatioN
Profile Joined January 2011
United States148 Posts
March 14 2011 08:49 GMT
#510
looking forward to the husky+day9 combo, i enjoyed it for the PAX games.

liquid fighting!
She doesn't wear any wings
venge1155
Profile Joined January 2011
United States174 Posts
March 14 2011 13:26 GMT
#511
So it is in vogue to hate on Husky, is this a new hipster thing? I hate hipsters -_-, anyways this is really looking great I can not wait to see Chill and Husky commentate together that should be very interesting as I have seen all the other team ups.

As far as maps go I am a little sad at least one of the new Blizz maps did not make it in but I understand they are still relatively new so maybe players who have been not played them a ton would have a disadvantage.

Can't wait to watch!
Phyre
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1288 Posts
March 14 2011 17:03 GMT
#512
I find it very funny that people are calling non-Husky fans "elitists." A lot of the previous posters have stated they don't like him because he lacks the game knowledge that the other casters do and that isn't any more elitist than saying I'm not a fan of x random B-teamer because they aren't as good as Flash or Jaedong. Wanting the "best" is not elitist in this regard.

I certainly don't dislike Husky for being too "mainstream" as someone insinuated.

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding precisely why some of us dislike Husky as a caster for TSL3. I personally watch casts primarily to get better at the game and entertainment is secondary. People like me want to watch the best of the best play so we can potentially learn from the best. It makes sense that someone watching to get better will prefer someone like Day9 (who says all the time that one of his goals is to improve viewer's skill) over someone like Husky. I would imagine a fairly large amount of posters on a site like Teamliquid value getting better at the game pretty highly so we want the in depth knowledge in our casters.

So, for viewers like me, we'll take someone with amazing game knowledge who doesn't freak out and shout as much like Chill over someone who's game knowledge is limited and who's primary strength is trying to inject more excitement into the cast like Husky. Of course, it's a win win situation when you have someone like Day9 who can do both. I was a big fan of Gretorp for the same reason.
"Oh no, I got you with your pants... on your face... That's not how you wear pants." - Nintu, catching 1 hatch lurks.
AimlessAmoeba
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada704 Posts
March 14 2011 19:11 GMT
#513
Love the map pool, and psyched for all the commentators except for Chill, no offense to the guy but he's lacking a certain... energy that the rest of the commentators listed have. He's certainly got the game knowledge though.

If only NASL had a casting lineup like this, then I'd be more excited for that.

Can't wait!
Temporarykid
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada362 Posts
March 14 2011 22:49 GMT
#514
I love the banner!!
Two things though- No tastosis? :' (

Also, I love artosis' description: denying high fives. Made me giggle a little on the inside. haha
ㅈㅈ
chrisohno
Profile Joined April 2010
United States42 Posts
March 14 2011 23:09 GMT
#515
Really happy about the Husky thing. Especially cause of the fact that his casting has gotten a lot better as of late. His casting with Day[9] was actually very good not to mention his huge subscriber base that he can promote TSL3 to through his YouTube.

Super excited about TSL3. :D
If you dont ask, the answer is always no.
greycubed
Profile Joined May 2010
United States615 Posts
March 15 2011 08:23 GMT
#516
Casters play a much more important role in SC than they do in sports or anything else where everything can be on one screen and easily seen and understood.

So I know I'll get banned but I have to say that TSL3 will be much less enjoyable with Husky casting. Depending on whether he acts like he's knowledgeable about the game or not during the tournament I may mute it or watch something else. I mean, leaving aside his generally leechy behavior unlike casters like TotalBiscuit, he even gives out false unit statistics. It shows not just lack of knowledge but a complete disregard for the SC community. I don't say this to flame Husky, but as constructive criticism for you who are trying to build more interest / respect for your tournament.

I know I'm FAR from alone. And unlike the Husky fans who'd be watching anyway, we're passionate enough about the issue that it may change our decision to watch. I mean look at how many people are willing to give up their posting rights just to stand up for the issue. I will miss my TL posting rights.

User was temp banned for this post.
http://i.imgur.com/N3ujB.png
tritonice
Profile Joined November 2010
United States119 Posts
March 15 2011 13:54 GMT
#517
For all the ones bashing Husky, take a listen to the PAX Liquid showmatch series. I am the biggest Day9 fanboy out there, primarily because Day9 gets so deep in the strategy and predicting what will come next. IMHO, only Artosis can match Day9's depth of analysis. However, Husky stayed with Day9 in every game, offering his own predictions, analyzing strategy very well, and he had a good rapport with Day9. Husky has always been entertaining, and I think he is really rounding out well as a caster. I think the caster "pool" is great! Thanks to Artosis for giving the time he can!

Also, thanks for limiting Shakuras and Metal spawn positions. Good choices there. You can rush any map, just have to be creative in the way you do it. Look at Haypro nydus'ing Tyler in the Pax tourn on a HUGE map!! Not exactly a rush, but still. . . .
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
March 15 2011 20:54 GMT
#518
Husky is casting this tournament? Its ruined.
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
Ballack
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway821 Posts
March 15 2011 23:34 GMT
#519
What stream will you be using for the tournament? (Please say Justintv)
Just when I thought I was out, Blizz pulled me back in..
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
March 15 2011 23:58 GMT
#520
The tournament will be broadcast on TL's official USTREAM high and low quality channels.
Moderator
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1111
ComeBackTV 845
SteadfastSC829
TaKeTV 579
IndyStarCraft 227
Rex129
EnkiAlexander 74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 829
IndyStarCraft 227
ProTech135
Rex 129
BRAT_OK 55
UpATreeSC 53
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39609
Shuttle 806
Mini 389
Larva 332
Rush 308
Dewaltoss 116
Hyuk 113
firebathero 83
Mong 71
Trap 43
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 25
Rock 21
Shine 17
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10030
qojqva1654
Counter-Strike
fl0m1460
Fnx 770
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1379
Khaldor1279
Other Games
FrodaN1515
Beastyqt418
XBOCT238
DeMusliM237
Mlord214
ArmadaUGS207
KnowMe129
C9.Mang0120
XaKoH 94
QueenE86
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV238
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH314
• StrangeGG 42
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4017
Other Games
• imaqtpie577
• Shiphtur340
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 25m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 25m
Online Event
17h 25m
FEL
22h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.