• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:32
CEST 02:32
KST 09:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9049 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 182

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 180 181 182 183 184 322 Next
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
May 27 2011 00:29 GMT
#3621
Baller isn't funny.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
May 27 2011 00:35 GMT
#3622
On May 27 2011 09:29 Aeres wrote:
Baller isn't funny.


Says the jealous man.
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
May 27 2011 00:36 GMT
#3623
Not jealous, just critical. :D
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-27 00:42:25
May 27 2011 00:42 GMT
#3624
Baller is stupid, but it's a funny stupid, like "omfg that's so ridiculous and dumb I can't stop laughing" Another part of it is that he writes like he's serious but you know he's being funny and dumb on purpose. In short, he's awesome.

Aeres what, persay, do you have against baller's humor? What would be "not funny?"
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 27 2011 00:44 GMT
#3625
On May 27 2011 09:35 Megaliskuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2011 09:29 Aeres wrote:
Baller isn't funny.


Says the jealous man.


I was going to fucking say that.
Dammit, I didn't say it because I've been excessively posting, so I'm being mindful.

Though, now saying this is even more irrelevant.

I think Baller's "B.net is racist" topic was ridiculously silly.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
May 27 2011 00:45 GMT
#3626
On May 27 2011 09:42 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
Baller is stupid, but it's a funny stupid, like "omfg that's so ridiculous and dumb I can't stop laughing" Another part of it is that he writes like he's serious but you know he's being funny and dumb on purpose. In short, he's awesome.

Aeres what, persay, do you have against baller's humor? What would be "not funny?"

He just tries too hard to be funny. His graphs tend to be quite good, but his posting style is just grating, and doesn't lend itself to humor.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
SoMuchBetter
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia10606 Posts
May 27 2011 00:49 GMT
#3627
On May 27 2011 09:23 Aeres wrote:
I don't understand why AfricanBoy was so popular. I obviously wasn't around during that time, but from my understanding of TL history, all he did was make shitty threads with (possibly purposefully) butchered English. I don't see why you, or Rekrul, or whoever, found him so endearing.

i was around at the time and i hated him. Never understood the popularity he had
AUSSIESCUM
TeamLiquid eSTROgeneral #1 • RIP
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
May 27 2011 00:50 GMT
#3628
Happy birthday, SoMuchBetter! :D
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
May 27 2011 01:23 GMT
#3629
Happy B'day man.

Yeah that thread was pretty stupid Torte. Baller is sort of touch and go. His posting style is funny, and sometimes the content of his posts is funny, but sometimes it's annoying. I prefer someone who can be funny, but isn't trying to be funny 100% of the time. I don't think he is "not funny" though.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
May 27 2011 01:25 GMT
#3630
Africanboy was hilarious if only for making DBabo made.
Happy Frog
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia490 Posts
May 27 2011 01:28 GMT
#3631
What does [R&S] stand for? Results and standings?

On topic, is baller actually Hot Bid's smurf?
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
May 27 2011 01:32 GMT
#3632
Yeah, it's Results and Standings.

No, Baller is not Hot_Bid.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-27 01:47:21
May 27 2011 01:46 GMT
#3633
On May 27 2011 09:23 Aeres wrote:
I don't understand why AfricanBoy was so popular. I obviously wasn't around during that time, but from my understanding of TL history, all he did was make shitty threads with (possibly purposefully) butchered English. I don't see why you, or Rekrul, or whoever, found him so endearing.


a long time ago I played against AfricanBoy on Fish server. (Before he was a member). He wanted to learn English better so I pointed him to TeamLiquid. He was very young and didn't know much English. But he did try to create a bridge from foreign teams to korean teams. (He created the first and only Clan League for both korean and foreigner clans. He also helped create the English version of Fish server. Albeit it was taken down a few years ago.)

After his account(s) had been banned I never saw him on MSN or Fish again. He English greatly improved which was fun to see as well.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
May 27 2011 02:16 GMT
#3634
On May 27 2011 09:45 Aeres wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2011 09:42 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
Baller is stupid, but it's a funny stupid, like "omfg that's so ridiculous and dumb I can't stop laughing" Another part of it is that he writes like he's serious but you know he's being funny and dumb on purpose. In short, he's awesome.

Aeres what, persay, do you have against baller's humor? What would be "not funny?"

He just tries too hard to be funny. His graphs tend to be quite good, but his posting style is just grating, and doesn't lend itself to humor.


Cause humor's totally objective.
TranslatorBaa!
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
May 27 2011 02:19 GMT
#3635
On May 27 2011 11:16 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2011 09:45 Aeres wrote:
On May 27 2011 09:42 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
Baller is stupid, but it's a funny stupid, like "omfg that's so ridiculous and dumb I can't stop laughing" Another part of it is that he writes like he's serious but you know he's being funny and dumb on purpose. In short, he's awesome.

Aeres what, persay, do you have against baller's humor? What would be "not funny?"

He just tries too hard to be funny. His graphs tend to be quite good, but his posting style is just grating, and doesn't lend itself to humor.


Cause humor's totally objective.

It's not, of course, but that is what I think of Baller's posting I wasn't trying to make a blanket statement on humor.

+ Show Spoiler +
Don't eat me.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
May 27 2011 02:28 GMT
#3636
On May 27 2011 10:46 CaucasianAsian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2011 09:23 Aeres wrote:
I don't understand why AfricanBoy was so popular. I obviously wasn't around during that time, but from my understanding of TL history, all he did was make shitty threads with (possibly purposefully) butchered English. I don't see why you, or Rekrul, or whoever, found him so endearing.


a long time ago I played against AfricanBoy on Fish server. (Before he was a member). He wanted to learn English better so I pointed him to TeamLiquid. He was very young and didn't know much English. But he did try to create a bridge from foreign teams to korean teams. (He created the first and only Clan League for both korean and foreigner clans. He also helped create the English version of Fish server. Albeit it was taken down a few years ago.)

After his account(s) had been banned I never saw him on MSN or Fish again. He English greatly improved which was fun to see as well.

Ahh and the story unfolds.

An innocent casualty then?
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
May 27 2011 02:36 GMT
#3637
So, something just happened like 2 minutes ago, and I figured I'd ask here about what to do.

I saw a thread in TL Community that had a shitty oneline OP. I reported it, but only afterwards did I realize it was made five weeks ago, and was only on the first page due to a bump. Unsure of the correct avenue to take to rescind such reports, I submitted a second report on the OP's second post in the thread, apologizing for the false alarm.

I realize that this mistake on my part made more work for the mods, but for future reference, how should I handle contacting mods about erroneous reports? I don't want to seem like I'm careless about reports, but I don't want you guys to puzzle over this kind of thing, either.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
May 27 2011 03:43 GMT
#3638
Prolly been asked alot of times before, but who is the highest ranked mod on ladder? ^^
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 27 2011 03:43 GMT
#3639
Yeah I had that fear too and I still make a lot of mistakes.
They just ignore it, there's no way to retract it and since you don't know which staff member took it, it's hard to privately message him and say: oops my bad
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
gn0m
Profile Joined January 2008
Sweden302 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-27 07:01:42
May 27 2011 06:55 GMT
#3640
On May 27 2011 09:27 Torte de Lini wrote:
Where's Baller on that list?
I miss Incontrol's old posts too.

I guess I should have been more clear; I’m talking about missing old school members, preferably before 2007. Baller is/was funny but I think most people know who he is.
-_-
Prev 1 180 181 182 183 184 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings44
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 152
NeuroSwarm 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11834
Rain 2029
Artosis 591
Bale 13
League of Legends
Doublelift3931
Counter-Strike
taco 6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox634
Mew2King221
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1062
Other Games
summit1g9311
Day[9].tv639
shahzam609
JimRising 509
PiGStarcraft269
C9.Mang0242
ArmadaUGS81
ViBE62
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv639
• Scarra564
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 28m
OSC
21h 28m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.