• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:59
CEST 10:59
KST 17:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8174 users

Tampa Bay FL TL'ers!

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Normal
d00mbring3r
Profile Joined June 2009
United States88 Posts
August 26 2010 21:46 GMT
#1
Just wondering if there are any SC2 TL'ers around the area might wanna get something going. Closest lan center is Gigabits but I believe they went out of business and are located in Winterhaven which is a good 2hr drive for me.
DanceCommander
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1808 Posts
August 26 2010 22:07 GMT
#2
next friday theres going to be a LAN at UCF, and tampas only an hour from orlando iirc :D

register here and RSVP
d00mbring3r
Profile Joined June 2009
United States88 Posts
August 27 2010 00:36 GMT
#3
Yeah, tampa is a good 45mins away for me so Orlando for me is 2hrs. Im located in New Port Richey.
Chriamon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States886 Posts
August 27 2010 00:44 GMT
#4
Yea, there probably wont be very many LANs in the tampa area, all those in tampa area probably would go to the UCF/Orlando lans, and those further south there are a few miami area (somewhere way down there) LANs
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/274906/1/Blaze/
d00mbring3r
Profile Joined June 2009
United States88 Posts
August 27 2010 01:13 GMT
#5
Yeah, there used to be a big lan center located in Spring Hill but that has shutdown after not getting enough business. So now im having a hard time not having to spend a good 60-70$ in gas and lan fee's lol
Kreep
Profile Joined July 2010
United States17 Posts
August 28 2010 20:04 GMT
#6
I miss Wired Warfare =( I'm in Brandon which is right outside of Tampa. I'm hoping to go to the UCF lan. There was just the Overkill LAN at USF but the connect wasnt very good, sadly.

I really do think we should arrange a TL community meetup in Tampa or Orlando sometime.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
August 29 2010 00:40 GMT
#7
I'd be up for a meetup near Tampa, I live in Sarasota myself.
d00mbring3r
Profile Joined June 2009
United States88 Posts
August 29 2010 01:12 GMT
#8
Yeah I knew I wasn't the only around the Tampa area! To bad there isn't any hobby shops or anything like that around the area anymore. Ill be down to game for a bit or form a community!
Cataphract
Profile Joined August 2010
United States69 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 16:15:39
August 29 2010 16:15 GMT
#9
First post on TL!

I'm in Brandon as well!
Crump
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3 Posts
August 29 2010 17:46 GMT
#10
Seffner!
BamBam
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
745 Posts
August 29 2010 18:50 GMT
#11
On August 29 2010 09:40 Najda wrote:
I'd be up for a meetup near Tampa, I live in Sarasota myself.

Ditto bro, small world

But yeh i'd be up for a meet up if anyone could find a spot.
"two is way better than twice as one" - artosis
An7iangel
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6 Posts
August 30 2010 23:26 GMT
#12
I'm up at the Tampa campus of USF, and I'm down for something, just not really sure where (outside of, like, the campus, but I don't think nonstudents could get on. I should test that...).
Aeo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States113 Posts
August 31 2010 01:56 GMT
#13
I'm living in Palm Harbor. :D

Small world.
"We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm the hero!"
iheartgna
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States184 Posts
August 31 2010 02:06 GMT
#14
On August 31 2010 08:26 An7iangel wrote:
I'm up at the Tampa campus of USF, and I'm down for something, just not really sure where (outside of, like, the campus, but I don't think nonstudents could get on. I should test that...).


Parking is kind of a bitch but otherwise theres no reason why anyone/nonstudents couldn't meet up at USF.

I've been thinking about trying to set up a LAN at USF up at the Lifsey House which is just a mansion on-campus the president normally lives in. Since she doesn't stay there they use it for special events and the like but its generally unused. I stayed there a couple nights with my pops when we first moved down here and its just a giant house with 4 or so big screen TV's and lots of room for computers and such. Its quite wishful thinking but I can talk to some people down in administration and see whats up if we have enough people at USF
Hell is other people.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 31 2010 02:24 GMT
#15
St. Petersburg. I have no transportation and family is nazi about going out anywhere (azn obv). Sad luck for me, eh?
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Jeuh
Profile Joined March 2010
United States31 Posts
August 31 2010 03:00 GMT
#16
I'm also a USF student, send me a PM if something ever gets off the ground.
...Or is it only that I need not flaunt my power in such an infantile test of will?
-vVvTitan-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States473 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-31 03:10:31
August 31 2010 03:09 GMT
#17
I live in tampa area (palmghetto) / will be usf student come spring. I've always wanted to go to a LAN with fellow Blizzard players!!!! If this ever becomes an event, PM me also.
vVv.Titan @ vVv-Gaming.com
TheAldo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States214 Posts
August 31 2010 04:07 GMT
#18
Hi guys! I'm in the New Tampa area. We should get something going, we definitely have enough for a small "LAN" tournament. We could also get something going up at Saint Leo University but it is out of the way for sure.
Satisfaktion
Profile Joined July 2010
United States106 Posts
August 31 2010 04:49 GMT
#19
Largo here, me and my friend are planning on going to the UCF LAN, can non-UCF students go to that?
david some do it T>T
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 31 2010 06:39 GMT
#20
Yes, you just gotta sign up on with their LANKnights thing or whatever so they can account for you.
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
An7iangel
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6 Posts
September 02 2010 08:49 GMT
#21
Welp, I can't say that there's anything there YET, but a LAN at USF looks promising. If anyone wants in on helpin' out with it, feel free to send me a PM.
An7iangel
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-02 18:54:55
September 02 2010 18:53 GMT
#22
Fml. Didn't mean to double-post, disregard this one.
lightman
Profile Joined April 2005
United States731 Posts
September 02 2010 19:15 GMT
#23
this thread should be renamed to Tampa / Orlando area or something like Central Florida area.

I'm from Lake Mary (Orlando north)
Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 WSOP holding just a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, and a green #4 card from the game UNO, against an AAA KK flop and his rival folding AK after Chuck raised him ALL-IN
d00mbring3r
Profile Joined June 2009
United States88 Posts
September 04 2010 11:34 GMT
#24
Yeah there is absolutely nothing out here in NPR. USF is close used to go there every other Sunday to visit friends.
0rigin
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1 Post
September 07 2010 14:17 GMT
#25
Anyone at UT? if any of u are down to 2v2 just let me know!
Don't you love sitting down by the fire with a loved one listening to david hasselhoff cds? ... as they crackle in the fire
Centerplay
Profile Joined May 2010
United States32 Posts
September 20 2010 18:38 GMT
#26
Tampa TLer here
Shoot to Kill
oddern
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway6 Posts
September 21 2010 00:28 GMT
#27
Norwegian with a vacation apartment in Spring Lake, Tampa!

I sadly will not be going to any LAN's in the nearby future, since the bus does not go from Norway to Florida nowadays :x
But I still felt like repping Florida, since FL is indeed my true love!
krew406
Profile Joined August 2010
United States115 Posts
October 09 2010 04:02 GMT
#28
<-- clearwater
Hagakure.147
green852
Profile Joined September 2010
Hong Kong17 Posts
October 30 2010 16:30 GMT
#29
Bradenton here... goin to school at MCC/SCF. Any news on that USF lan? Or is that long gone
Thiz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States11 Posts
November 07 2010 20:47 GMT
#30
i miss wired warfare :[ im in brandon also and all those are a trip to get too :[
Thizzed up
krew406
Profile Joined August 2010
United States115 Posts
December 16 2010 03:33 GMT
#31
Team florida : hagakure id: 147 on bnet
Hagakure.147
Ogna
Profile Joined November 2008
United States106 Posts
December 16 2010 04:04 GMT
#32
GO TAMPA BAY!!!

Clearwater here,

Ogna.707

Team florida :D
NerO
Profile Joined February 2003
United States2071 Posts
December 16 2010 05:07 GMT
#33
Orlando here
takajoebacca
Profile Joined October 2010
United States35 Posts
February 11 2011 06:10 GMT
#34
I go to USF, friend me up and PM me TakaJoebacca.275
I can beat IdrA in a real game...without real units. -Huk
Chillun
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3 Posts
March 24 2011 17:10 GMT
#35
I live near USF campus. If anyones interested in some games or something leme know!

Chillun.570
Mabilis
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States162 Posts
April 12 2011 01:58 GMT
#36
St. Petersburg here... Mabilis.260
"Nice guys finish last, but we get to sleep in." -- Evan Davis
ikjZILTOID
Profile Joined August 2010
United States118 Posts
May 24 2011 19:47 GMT
#37
I just moved to Tampa/Brandon-ish. I don't really know much about the area but this seemed like a good place to start looking for SC players in the area.
ViciousXUSMC
Profile Joined June 2011
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-11 14:23:19
June 11 2011 14:21 GMT
#38
Tampa area, not far from USF. Not looking for LAN's as much as just some local players that can become regulars on my friends list so I can game with IRL friends.

None of my friends play, so maybe I should look for players to be my friends is my thought process.

ViciousXUSMC.472

I host my own mumble server so we can VoIP and have a few brewskies and kick back and have fun with some games.
FineDay
Profile Joined July 2011
United States4 Posts
July 17 2011 18:44 GMT
#39
Just inside Dunedin from Palm Harbor, near the coast. Just starting to get serious about multiplayer so Im only Gold League at the moment, but it would be nice to have some nearby people to practice with.

FineDay.361
Kenkadrums
Profile Joined August 2010
United States7 Posts
July 17 2011 19:22 GMT
#40
live pretty close to dunedin myself,

kenkadrums.531

I'm in masters but looking to get better and just meet local sc2 players
smells like a chocolate
FragRaptor
Profile Joined October 2010
United States184 Posts
July 17 2011 20:45 GMT
#41
I'm in manatee county around the lakewood ranch/bradenton area.

FragRaptor.612
Do your thing. No matter what.
Tawren
Profile Joined November 2010
United States38 Posts
July 17 2011 20:46 GMT
#42
I live in Zephyrhills right outside of tampa
FineDay
Profile Joined July 2011
United States4 Posts
July 17 2011 22:12 GMT
#43
Perhaps an in game chat channel would be prudent. "Tampa Bay" sounds about right.
uskel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30 Posts
July 21 2011 01:38 GMT
#44
I live in the Brandon/Tampa area and I know of about 10 friends of mine that do play SC2 and we have a casual LAN every now and then at a friends apartment but we were wanting to maybe extend it into something maybe a bit bigger. If anyone knows of any place that would allow for a small sized LAN to please PM me and give out some information. We aren't the greatest of players but we are a bunch of people who like to get together and play some starcraft.
BAWLOLOLOLOLOLOLIN
Musiq_ECGL
Profile Joined July 2011
United States20 Posts
July 21 2011 03:04 GMT
#45
Orlando here I want to meet people in the central FL area Musiq.540
Learn from your mistakes and keep playing!
FineDay
Profile Joined July 2011
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-21 03:18:57
July 21 2011 03:18 GMT
#46
On July 21 2011 10:38 uskel wrote:
I live in the Brandon/Tampa area and I know of about 10 friends of mine that do play SC2 and we have a casual LAN every now and then at a friends apartment but we were wanting to maybe extend it into something maybe a bit bigger. If anyone knows of any place that would allow for a small sized LAN to please PM me and give out some information. We aren't the greatest of players but we are a bunch of people who like to get together and play some starcraft.


That sounds like fun. I don't know any places but make sure to post if you find one and set up an event.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
July 21 2011 03:59 GMT
#47
I'm in Manatee county, in Bradenton.


On July 18 2011 05:45 FragRaptor wrote:
I'm in manatee county around the lakewood ranch/bradenton area.

FragRaptor.612


HOLY SHIT FRAGRAPTOR. I JUST PLAYED U ON GEFORCE TOURNEY!!!!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
uskel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30 Posts
July 21 2011 23:13 GMT
#48
Well I will be looking around for some spots to where we can hosts some lans. Depending on location, might have to charge a small fee to just cover upkeep on the location.
BAWLOLOLOLOLOLOLIN
uskel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30 Posts
July 21 2011 23:18 GMT
#49
I did some google searching and found a LAN center in Largo. Which would be a drive for me.
http://www.pnplan.com/
BAWLOLOLOLOLOLOLIN
Svenofnine
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5 Posts
August 19 2011 04:36 GMT
#50
Tampa here... Well, closer to Plant City, but it's no difference. I'd be interested in something.
The world has enough youth, how about a fountain of intelligence?
Philo
Profile Joined September 2010
United States337 Posts
August 19 2011 04:55 GMT
#51
Riverview/Brandon area. I don't play too often anymore but I'd still be interested in supporting any SC events happening around Tampa.

Any Floridians should join Tampa Starcraft on Facebook. It's a nice place to keep informed on barcrafts for MLGs and local LAN attempts.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tampa-Starcraft/148527651893789
Other people do 24 hour streams. I just let GoOdy play a Bo11 TvT. - Special Endrey
trancey
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States430 Posts
September 12 2011 11:44 GMT
#52
I'm in the process of relocating to Tampa, I'm actually heavily involved in esports and i've been a veteran of many LANs/tournaments, hoping to find other TLers!
Kizu
Profile Joined May 2010
United States81 Posts
September 26 2011 19:53 GMT
#53
if we get enough people we can request the student government at USF for a SC2 club. that way we'll get funding and a room at least once a week.
recline
Profile Joined December 2010
United States76 Posts
March 12 2013 04:23 GMT
#54
bump

anyone setting anything up in tampa soon?
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1227
Hyuk 487
Bisu 123
Dewaltoss 74
Leta 73
Larva 63
Killer 56
soO 41
Yoon 39
Aegong 29
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 27
ToSsGirL 27
Sharp 25
Bale 24
Soma 20
ZerO 20
Hm[arnc] 17
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Fuzer 132
League of Legends
JimRising 443
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss888
byalli610
kRYSTAL_31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor906
crisheroes145
Other Games
summit1g10110
singsing1306
olofmeister1024
ceh9613
Mew2King92
ArmadaUGS39
ZerO(Twitch)7
gofns2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream134
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2377
League of Legends
• Rush1234
• Stunt434
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 1m
OSC
13h 1m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.