• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:54
CEST 13:54
KST 20:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8249 users

Ultimate Chair Buying Resource Thread - Page 16

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
deakachu
Profile Joined December 2012
103 Posts
July 20 2015 00:04 GMT
#301
Does anyone have experience with an RH 400? I am looking at a used one for ~280 euros with head and arm wrests.
Daye9111
Profile Joined July 2015
11 Posts
July 23 2015 00:14 GMT
#302
Any ideas for a gaming chair in the US around 300 and below?
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
July 23 2015 02:33 GMT
#303
Go on Craig's list and find a used Aeron, Leap, Think, or Embody. That's the way to get the most out of $300.I had to pay a bit more than $300 for my Aeron but you might get lucky.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
July 23 2015 19:43 GMT
#304
Any decent chairs with easily removable armrests? Like being able to somehow take them off the chair and pop them back in in at most under a minute? I use the same chair for computer stuff and keyboarding, and I thrash around like a mofo for the latter. But I'd still want armrests for computer stuff and working in general.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
addison562
Profile Joined September 2015
2 Posts
September 30 2015 04:08 GMT
#305
I wish it were that easy, but there's no real way to do that. I have to leave home for work and sprays are either minimally effective, can damage fabrics or have an off putting odor.
The solution I'm thinking of is to go for a leather chair so that there's no cloth surface to rip - more expensive, but easier to clean and maintain imo and probably worth it in the end. Has anyone gotten the Steel case Leap in Leather that can speak to it? That's the one I'm looking at currently.

Visit here
offshore furniture
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
October 06 2015 21:07 GMT
#306
which one is better between the think and the leap? kinda prefer the think design but in the end i want the best chair and both second-handed i can get at 350CAD

Anything i should check on the chair before buying? Thanks for your input
@ggmonx
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-13 08:56:42
October 07 2015 14:44 GMT
#307
So i have decided to buy the herman miller - embody.
Now either through test seating it first or not - I will still most likely buy it anyhow.

1. Anyone know the size measurements of it? So i know it can fit into the car. Or else i have to order it.
Will get information on monday either way. Asking so i can perhaps get it sooner.


2. Any "recommendations" on it? Color and what kind of wheels etc?
I know its hard to do since its about what kind of floor one have or how kind of person it is but perhaps there is a standard way of the chair or something?
Appreciate any tips that might be helpful since i am set on that chair.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
August 29 2016 14:23 GMT
#308
You still here skyR?
Aeron vs Leap V2? Is it worh the extra cash?
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
September 10 2016 20:04 GMT
#309
I would say personal preference really between Aeron and Leap.
Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
November 28 2016 09:04 GMT
#310
Thinking of purchasing a Herman Miller Sayle, has anyone bought this before and can give any input on whether or not it stacks up with any of the other Herman Miller chairs mentioned in this thread?
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-05 17:47:17
June 05 2017 16:10 GMT
#311
I and my fiancee are moving into a new place.

We currently have two old computer chairs we got after a government building closed down near our home in Ottawa.

They are alright, but they've started to really show their age. The arm rests wobble, they don't hold their height and like to drop randomly, the padding is wearing out and the felt is starting to tear.

So we are looking into possible new chairs, but we're on a tight budget. Steph really likes the 100$ Ikea Malkolm chairs (that have been renamed to Millberget.

We really don't have 300 or 400 dollars to invest into chairs x2 since we need some other furniture for our new place.

Any suggestions on cheaper but quality comfortable chairs to get us through the next few years? I use my chair a lot when I'm not on contract and doing content work or studying at night.

So any ideas? I'm in Canada and want to try to keep around 100 if at all possible. We need are also buying new computer desks, a kitchen table and chairs, etc. Leaving a bachelor studio for a 1 bed so we actually have some space now for a kitchen table, bedside tables, bookshelf etc. rather than just stacking boxes with things in them everywhere.

The IKEA Markus is also an option. Steph says she doesn't like it, and she'll probably get the millberget. She says the markus is too soft in its tilt back and that it actually has a very stiff back that isn't comfortable.

If I could afford one, I would buy the Aeron, as I used one at my old Federal government job. But sadly, I don't have the money for it. I know its an investment, I get it, but I don't have the straight capital to put into it. I have student loans and bills to pay while working contracts off and on through a temp agency atm. So all my money goes to paying down debt vs investing in a chair. The little I do squirrel away monthly is to pay for a pc upgrade by next year or late this.

so please don't tell me that there are better chairs. I know there are. I just can't invest in them right now which is why I want something comfortable but budget so I can get a nice chair in 5 or 6 years when I have the money to invest in one.

Alternate:

AmazonBasics Mid-Back Mesh Chair

Has really good reviews online and apparently very comfortable and ergonomic for the price (only 89 CAD)

StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
jeanshumake
Profile Joined August 2017
1 Post
February 16 2018 15:06 GMT
#312
in office chairs, there are three sizes - A, B, and C. If you choose the wrong size you will hate it, if you choose the right size you will love it.
A3th3r
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
United States319 Posts
February 25 2018 04:35 GMT
#313
the best chair to get is the Haworth MHM075424. It rolls & is dependable & comfortable for desktop computer usage on a daily basis for a few hours a day
stale trite schlub
BillyShouse
Profile Joined June 2019
1 Post
June 14 2019 06:32 GMT
#314
--- Nuked ---
kunkaodkaolll
Profile Joined July 2019
1 Post
July 16 2019 09:49 GMT
#315
--- Nuked ---
Moisoiopaoiuio
Profile Joined October 2019
1 Post
October 11 2019 10:16 GMT
#316
--- Nuked ---
BonitiilloO
Profile Joined June 2013
Dominican Republic627 Posts
April 29 2020 13:35 GMT
#317
Hi, we are in 2020 what can be a good under 200 dollars gaming chair that doesn't peel off?
How may help u?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-05-27 14:46:10
May 27 2020 14:43 GMT
#318
Okay so I need a chair for studying and gaming with, however, I obviously can't exactly test anything out due to the crisis. How do I figure out which chair will most likely be right for me?

Edit: budget is flexible. Would prefer to spend less than $400 though.. Using stimulus check partially towards this.
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46485 Posts
May 31 2020 06:17 GMT
#319
This one seems to be incredibly highly ranked, and for only $164, fwiw: https://www.amazon.com/GTRACING-Computer-Ergonomic-Backrest-Adjustment/dp/B01N2RJ0HI/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&aaxitk=eN-KFuSPrFCL4On8XRnEOg&hsa_cr_id=3337737630601&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_asin_0&th=1

I'm in the process of buying a house right now, and after the move is complete, I'll be buying a gaming chair... leaning towards the one above.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
greys
Profile Joined September 2020
14 Posts
September 08 2020 12:40 GMT
#320
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1094
WardiTV431
OGKoka 134
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11270
StarCastTV_EN295
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko332
OGKoka 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13582
Bisu 4904
FanTaSy 3839
Shuttle 1724
Jaedong 1477
BeSt 956
actioN 734
EffOrt 593
Horang2 473
Larva 267
[ Show more ]
Leta 262
Zeus 253
Mind 109
Barracks 106
Dewaltoss 104
JYJ 82
Sexy 80
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 64
sorry 60
ToSsGirL 55
Killer 45
Shinee 45
Sea.KH 44
sSak 36
Bale 31
soO 25
Free 24
Aegong 21
HiyA 15
Sacsri 9
yabsab 7
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2089
Dendi646
XaKoH 355
Counter-Strike
x6flipin261
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1320
B2W.Neo547
crisheroes303
Pyrionflax214
Livibee137
dupreeh110
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick575
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1311
Other Games
• WagamamaTV176
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 6m
Replay Cast
11h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.