• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:59
CEST 22:59
KST 05:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8667 users

How to get the url for high quality stream on Gom?

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
September 10 2010 08:57 GMT
#1
I found this:
http://www.gomtv.net/gsi/bbs/627

But where do I find the link to the high quality stream? I am on a mac, and can only watch it through VLC, but I just can't find the link anywhere!
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
September 10 2010 09:54 GMT
#2
I'm afraid you may be out of luck on a mac, unless someone knows something I don't
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
September 10 2010 13:38 GMT
#3
Arrrg, hope you're not correct
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
dcemuser
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3248 Posts
September 10 2010 14:14 GMT
#4
This -SHOULD- work for HQ streams. I haven't personally tested it on HQ streams (haven't bought it yet!), but I'd be very surprised if it doesn't. I've been posting this guide in each of the Live Report threads, but I'm usually not fast enough to make the front page with it, so it gets buried.

Viewing Page Source

1. Go to http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens1/live/
2. Log in to your GOMTV account. You must do this now.
3. View Page Source
4. About 75% down the page source, you will see "<!-- Premium LIVE Start//-->" in green italics on the left. A little ways after that, you'll see the link. The one under the section "function LiveHQ()" is HQ. The one under the section "function Live()" is SQ. It will look like:

document.location.href='gomcmd:///title%20TG-IntelSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason1%20avis://GOMsIPAddress:8900/view.cgi?hid=1&cid=21&nid=900&uno=14147&&title=TG-IntelSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason1&key=ThisIsMyUniqueUserKey';

5. Take the part from avis://GOMsIP up to the apostrophe (but not the apostrophe)
6. Replace the avis:// with http://
(Your link should now look like http://GOMsIPAddress:8900/view.cgi?hid=1&cid=21&nid=900&uno=14147&&title=TG-IntelSTARCRAFTIIOpenSeason1&key=ThisIsMyUniqueUserKey)
7. Open VLC Media Player
8. Press Crtl+N.
9. Paste your link in the window.

GreaseMonkey Script

Additionally, ORLY on the TL.net forums here wrote a very awesome script for the Firefox addon called GreaseMonkey. Just download GreaseMonkey, and then go to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/85762 and install the script.

Now, whenever you go to GOM's live page and are signed into your account, there will be stream links you can copy and paste.
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
September 10 2010 14:46 GMT
#5
I am just throwing this out there....if you buy a real computer, you wouldn't have these problems. =D

User was warned for this post
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-11 14:28:39
September 11 2010 14:28 GMT
#6
On September 10 2010 23:46 Khaymus wrote:
I am just throwing this out there....if you buy a real computer, you wouldn't have these problems. =D


I am just throwing this out there...but I have a $1500 pc that won't connect to the internet so I HAVE to use my mac =D


dcemuser: thank you very much, I will try this out
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
September 13 2010 11:03 GMT
#7
Bah, it didn't work. I get this error message: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'GOMsIPAddress:8900/view.cgi?'
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
September 13 2010 12:41 GMT
#8
Are anyone else having this problem?
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
dcemuser
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3248 Posts
September 14 2010 08:30 GMT
#9
Ah, sorry. I know it works for the LQ stream, but I haven't had the money until now for the HQ stream. I'm going to get it for tomorrow's Ro32 probably, so I will update the guide then once I figure out what could be wrong with it.
Crushgroove
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
September 14 2010 08:44 GMT
#10
I'm on a mac, and I can watch fine both in BOOT CAMP (just use this if you're struggling?) and in VLC.

The instructions for the VLC works. just grab the avis URL, change avis to http, then plug it into the window in VLC.
[In Korea on Vaca] "Why would I go to the park and climb a mountain? There are video games on f*cking TV!" - Kazuke
AlgeriaT
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden2197 Posts
September 14 2010 09:50 GMT
#11
I can confirm the above method for VLC works for HQ.
CORN GIRL + Flash + FanTaSy + CholeraSC + iNcontroL 4 eva <3
yuzisee
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada10 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-10 11:50:55
November 24 2010 13:06 GMT
#12
Updated the Greasemonkey Script to work with Season 3, fetches the VLC URL for you directly.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/91165

edit: now supports Chrome as well
edit: Updated for GSL 2011 Season Jan. tested working in Firefox and Chrome
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub334
RuFF_SC2 177
SteadfastSC 147
Nina 91
Nathanias 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2427
Shuttle 439
Mind 71
910 60
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 735
Super Smash Bros
PPMD12
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu942
Other Games
summit1g6478
Grubby2583
shahzam590
ToD269
C9.Mang0198
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 84
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 35
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21039
League of Legends
• TFBlade551
Other Games
• imaqtpie849
• Shiphtur362
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 1m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.