• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:10
CEST 09:10
KST 16:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8327 users

[Update] Twitter SC2 Betakey Contest - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
ForTheSwarm
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States556 Posts
August 26 2009 04:34 GMT
#121
On August 26 2009 11:25 Fastinyoh wrote:
According to http://www.hashtweeps.com/search/index , running a search for #sc2fan gives 3716 results. Assuming those are all correctly formatted, that's still a 500/3716ish chance of winning.

About 13.5% chance of a SC2 beta key is... well, amazing! Good luck all.


I like those odds!
Whenever I see a dropship, my asshole tingles, because it knows whats coming... - TheAntZ
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
August 26 2009 05:16 GMT
#122
those odds are really really good -_-; i wish i had seen this thread earlier
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
August 26 2009 06:34 GMT
#123
Crap I made a twitter account just now then realized I was 2 days too late. I really wish I would've done it... Now I made a twitter account and I can't even enter... damn!
Polar_Nada
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States1548 Posts
August 26 2009 06:38 GMT
#124
On August 26 2009 15:34 Jonoman92 wrote:
Crap I made a twitter account just now then realized I was 2 days too late. I really wish I would've done it... Now I made a twitter account and I can't even enter... damn!

SAME HERE -.-
[ReD]NaDa and fnaticMSI.SEn fighting~! ::POlar @ UC Irvine::
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-26 13:55:27
August 26 2009 13:55 GMT
#125
On August 26 2009 11:28 onmach wrote:
I should use more commas I guess. people (who didn't) (do it right by putting @starcraft in their messages). In other words, putting @starcraft was right, but some people didn't do that, maybe 5%?


Yeah I noticed some people who didn't RT (Reply Tweet, i'm so fuckin web 2.0) and just did a regular tweet with #sc2fan. It still shows up when you search for #sc2fan but it's technically wrong
iMate
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada263 Posts
August 26 2009 14:01 GMT
#126
how do you tell if oyur tweet was right or not.. i put one or 2 in forget.. but ive never used twitter so i really get confused with it =\
petzergling
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
538 Posts
August 26 2009 14:06 GMT
#127
its too late now so whats the point?

You need @Starcraft (directs it to the contest owner) and #SC2fan (announces you are entering the contest) in the "Tweet". I also put "RT" to be safe in case it was necessary when "re-tweeting" (responding to a message) to put that in the title but I dont think it was.
Mod Edit: Don't bold your entire post
Nitro68
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
France470 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-26 18:01:49
August 26 2009 17:58 GMT
#128
You will have to remove the "cheaters" like this guy :
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=from:chris_sumner #SC2Fan

Really good odds
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
August 26 2009 18:07 GMT
#129
he wont win anyways, didnt put @starcraft in ANY of them haha.

I stupidly didnt put it either my first one, then the night before it ended I realized it and fixed it.. im hoping for a win!

ps, Do you think they are gonna IP check to see if people have multiple accounts? I have two accounts, one for myself and one for my band, and I put one on both just to hopefully at least get one.. I wouldnt claim it if I got two, but hmm im slightly concerned that'll disqualify me =/ oh well.
Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
Tsagacity
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2124 Posts
August 26 2009 18:13 GMT
#130
On August 27 2009 03:07 Skyze wrote:
Do you think they are gonna IP check to see if people have multiple accounts? I have two accounts, one for myself and one for my band, and I put one on both just to hopefully at least get one.. I wouldnt claim it if I got two, but hmm im slightly concerned that'll disqualify me =/ oh well.
Could they do that if they wanted to? I don't think there are any easy twitter features that allow you to check people's IPs

The contest did strike me as odd, sounded really easy to cheat in.
"Everyone worse than me at video games is a noob. Everyone better than me doesn't have a life."
onmach
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1241 Posts
August 26 2009 18:21 GMT
#131
I'm sure some people here cheated a bit. That means there might possibly be some extra giveaways here on the forums when the beta keys are given out. Assuming teamliquid would allow such a thing. So keep your eyes peeled.
Nitro68
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
France470 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-26 18:32:12
August 26 2009 18:31 GMT
#132
On August 27 2009 03:07 Skyze wrote:
he wont win anyways, didnt put @starcraft in ANY of them haha.

I stupidly didnt put it either my first one, then the night before it ended I realized it and fixed it.. im hoping for a win!


If you really need the @starcraft, I think this guy will be flamed :

+ Show Spoiler +

On August 20 2009 16:20 ShaperofDreams wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2009 15:50 CharlieMurphy wrote:
i do not understand all the jibberish in this thread. anyone care to put it in laymen's terms?



1 - Register for Twitter
2- "follow" starcraft
3- write anything that includes "#sc2fan" into the box at homepage.
4- Cross fingers


edit: also after you can click on the "#sc2fan" link in your post to check if you've officially entered.

j/k


But it's not really clear. And how will they know if you are really a US/Canada citizen ?
Rambling.
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada314 Posts
August 26 2009 18:33 GMT
#133
RT @StarCraft 500 SC2 beta keys going to our biggest #SC2fan [Not only do I eat starcraft for breakfast I drop the zerglings off at the spawningpool]

Yup I want my beta key
An unfortunate person is one who tries to fart but shits instead
Fastinyoh
Profile Joined August 2009
United States29 Posts
August 26 2009 18:50 GMT
#134
On August 27 2009 02:58 Nitro68 wrote:
You will have to remove the "cheaters" like this guy :
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=from:chris_sumner #SC2Fan

Really good odds


"93 reasons why you should marry a hidralisk: tip #49: if you give french fries to a hidralisk, it wont tear your limbs."

Not only did he spell hydralisk wrong 49 times, but these "tips" are all so bad it rages me.
10-Pool Boss
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
August 26 2009 19:35 GMT
#135
Poop. I saw the twitter thing and I thought "not going to do that, I'm sure they're like giving away 1 key to a million people."

But now I found out that it had good odds.

Oh well, I lose. =(
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-26 20:17:49
August 26 2009 20:16 GMT
#136
on http://www.hashtweeps.com/search/index if you put #sc2fan and @starcraft, it only gives 1257 replies that have both!

Meaning; If we have a 500 chance out of 1257 entries.. That is good odds..

Not to mention people posting over the time limit.. should we say roughly 1200 legit entries??

damn.. im prayin.
Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
drivec
Profile Joined May 2009
United States354 Posts
August 26 2009 20:28 GMT
#137
On August 27 2009 03:50 Fastinyoh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2009 02:58 Nitro68 wrote:
You will have to remove the "cheaters" like this guy :
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=from:chris_sumner #SC2Fan

Really good odds


"93 reasons why you should marry a hidralisk: tip #49: if you give french fries to a hidralisk, it wont tear your limbs."

Not only did he spell hydralisk wrong 49 times, but these "tips" are all so bad it rages me.

well maby he is special or very very young..
starcraft is chess at warp speed
LCC
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada348 Posts
August 26 2009 21:26 GMT
#138
On August 27 2009 05:16 Skyze wrote:
on http://www.hashtweeps.com/search/index if you put #sc2fan and @starcraft, it only gives 1257 replies that have both!

Meaning; If we have a 500 chance out of 1257 entries.. That is good odds..

Not to mention people posting over the time limit.. should we say roughly 1200 legit entries??

damn.. im prayin.

Don't forget that some of them might have forgotten to follow Starcraft, though I'm sure it's not many. Regardless, I like the new odds better than the old odds.
CrownRoyal
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Vatican City State1872 Posts
August 26 2009 21:28 GMT
#139
holy fuck i did it right.

I HOPE I WIN, I WANT SC2 BETA K???

one time run good cmon baby
You're pretty when I'm drunk.
onmach
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1241 Posts
August 26 2009 22:14 GMT
#140

Meaning; If we have a 500 chance out of 1257 entries.. That is good odds..


That search site only goes back 4 or so days out of the 10 of the contest. And most of the entries came in the beginning. I'm pretty sure the total count is around 4-5k.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1395
910 88
Bale 41
Aegong 24
ZergMaN 20
Noble 14
yabsab 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Fuzer 80
League of Legends
JimRising 579
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King270
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
Other Games
summit1g8851
PiGStarcraft389
ceh9368
Sick160
Happy156
olofmeister116
ArmadaUGS109
Livibee92
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick579
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream263
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 11
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2338
League of Legends
• Rush1382
• Lourlo1252
• Stunt487
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 51m
OSC
5h 51m
Stellar Fest
5h 51m
OSC
16h 51m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.