• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:03
CEST 14:03
KST 21:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7144 users

[Betacontest] Guides - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
June 15 2009 08:21 GMT
#41
Thanks. I haven't looked at yours too much but I was like "Oh no!" when I first clicked the link. It seems pretty well done.
Cube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada777 Posts
June 15 2009 08:42 GMT
#42
haha thanks, also we were supposed to pm our entries to the account 'betacontest' right? (it was the one linked in the thread). (as in that account and not FA)
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
June 15 2009 09:34 GMT
#43
Can't really go wrong with doing as the instructions say.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24799 Posts
June 15 2009 11:00 GMT
#44
Why isn't the contest decided yet? You've had a few hours...

Lol j/k I dunno how you guys are going to judge this in any sane amount of time (the cake contest is really difficult also but I guess it shouldn't take as long at least)
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 15 2009 13:52 GMT
#45
On June 15 2009 17:42 Cube wrote:
haha thanks, also we were supposed to pm our entries to the account 'betacontest' right? (it was the one linked in the thread). (as in that account and not FA)

BetaContest account is like 99% me anyway, I just made it because I 1) Didnt want 200 PMs in my main inbox, 2) I wanted other staff to be able to handle stuff in case something happened (ie my internet went out for a longer period or something).

So basically, yeah you are supposed to send it to BetaContest but if you sent it to me, the effect is the same.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
June 15 2009 15:13 GMT
#46
Good luck with the decision-making process! Must be rough, breaking hearts and choosing which dreams to fulfill ):
Peace~
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-15 17:34:53
June 15 2009 17:26 GMT
#47
Man, I'm so sad. Some of the other guides are so damn good there's no way I'm even in the running.

Why isn't the contest decided yet? You've had a few hours...

Lol j/k I dunno how you guys are going to judge this in any sane amount of time (the cake contest is really difficult also but I guess it shouldn't take as long at least)

Yeah. I feel really sorry for the judges who are all going to have to read Nightmarjoo's 20 page guide to mapping hahaha.

I wish I knew what the criteria was... Some of the guides are on such obscure topics that I don't think any of the staff will be able to even judge whether or not the person who wrote it knows what they're talking about, so it's going to have to be more than that. I know for even some of the really long ones, I was just shaking my head a little ahaha.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
closed
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vatican City State491 Posts
June 15 2009 17:44 GMT
#48
I have a small request. Could you change the name of my guide here in the first post from from "A history of Starcraft", to "A history of Starcraft, Team Liquid and everything"?

Thanks in advance. Best regards
AdunToridas
Profile Joined December 2008
Germany380 Posts
June 15 2009 17:57 GMT
#49
Dumb question:
Is the contest over, or am I able to post a guide today?
« People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger that my best friend was born in a manger? »
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-15 18:15:03
June 15 2009 18:14 GMT
#50
Over, sorry.
On June 16 2009 02:44 closed wrote:
I have a small request. Could you change the name of my guide here in the first post from from "A history of Starcraft", to "A history of Starcraft, Team Liquid and everything"?

Thanks in advance. Best regards

Will do.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Smorrie
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands2954 Posts
June 15 2009 22:16 GMT
#51
On June 10 2009 09:27 FrozenArbiter wrote:

<font size="3">Various:</font>

E-Sports by Kaolla


?
It has a strong technique, but it lacks oo.
Zabestrial
Profile Joined June 2009
United States194 Posts
June 16 2009 00:56 GMT
#52
Nice job everyoe looks great!!!

-Zabestrial
www.YouTube.com/BreakingHaven
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
June 16 2009 02:20 GMT
#53
Judging is taking place in the MiR, and will finish on Friday at 12:00 pm TL time. After that we will ake a news post and announce the winners.
ModeratorGodfather
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
June 16 2009 02:24 GMT
#54
So I've been looking through a few of these and there are a lot of good ones! I've seen all the cakes, but I participated in that contest and it only took a few minutes to marvel at them all, it takes quite a bit longer to read guides.

But a lot of them look worth it! I'm glad SC2 has fostered this much zealousness.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-16 03:24:12
June 16 2009 03:23 GMT
#55
On June 16 2009 07:16 Smorrie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2009 09:27 FrozenArbiter wrote:

Various:

E-Sports by Kaolla


?

Hm? Think it should be in a different category? It didn't seem to be focused only on SC so oO
(have not read it yet, will read it and the others tomorrow probably).
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
pRo9aMeR
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
595 Posts
June 16 2009 10:11 GMT
#56
Hey, FA, I don't know about others, but I'd really like to download some of these guides. Is there anyway you could make these available for download? Or am I going to have to copy and paste everything? Either way, I'm getting some these guides..hehe
In training...let's play, gg! d^..^b
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-16 21:21:38
June 16 2009 21:11 GMT
#57
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=68950

Is it too late to nominate my bunker-building guide? Sorry, been living under a rock for a couple of months. It was technically written before the deadline.

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm not really serious, but that is a cool guide, you know!
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 16 2009 21:12 GMT
#58
Hehe I'm sorry, it had to be posted between June 1st and June 15th It's very cute tho!
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
June 18 2009 04:11 GMT
#59
On June 16 2009 19:11 pRo9aMeR wrote:
Hey, FA, I don't know about others, but I'd really like to download some of these guides. Is there anyway you could make these available for download? Or am I going to have to copy and paste everything? Either way, I'm getting some these guides..hehe

Save the pages in folders, and put those folders in a folder. Usually can be done by pressing Ctrl+S, or manually File -> Save page as...
Peace~
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
June 18 2009 18:57 GMT
#60
On June 17 2009 06:12 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Hehe I'm sorry, it had to be posted between June 1st and June 15th It's very cute tho!

Awww!!!!
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 942
WardiTV463
OGKoka 182
Rex131
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko375
mouzHeroMarine 297
OGKoka 182
Rex 131
ProTech117
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2564
Horang2 1421
Larva 1258
EffOrt 819
BeSt 633
Soma 459
Hyuk 332
Shuttle 291
Mini 272
ZerO 194
[ Show more ]
Stork 191
Light 176
Rush 158
ggaemo 133
Zeus 131
Barracks 98
Killer 89
Hyun 86
Sea.KH 44
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
sorry 30
Mong 29
Yoon 24
PianO 20
Aegong 18
soO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 13
zelot 11
Sexy 9
Noble 9
HiyA 8
Dota 2
Dendi1583
BananaSlamJamma174
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli628
x6flipin378
Other Games
singsing2122
olofmeister1566
crisheroes259
XaKoH 258
Sick239
B2W.Neo228
Pyrionflax147
ArmadaUGS72
Mew2King49
hiko12
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream529
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH332
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1739
Other Games
• WagamamaTV217
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 57m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.