• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:50
CEST 13:50
KST 20:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7851 users

iG.XY: Everyone wants to kick Jim's ass.

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Shrinkzxo
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Dotoland672 Posts
October 10 2014 18:28 GMT
#1
This interview took place at 18-Jun-2014, after XY helped iG achieved ECL Champions.
See original @ + Show Spoiler +
http://s.163.com/14/0618/18/9V1S6MGH00314Q8T.html


[image loading]

Q: Home and internationally, you've been very quiet for very long. Are you in a recession?
A: Yes, and for a long time. I've not been able to find a breaking point.

Q: What have you been doing?
A: Practising. I've been practising hard.

Q: No achievement, no exposure. You must be feeling pain.
A: It is painful. Butt I have the belief that I can make it through by working hard.

Q: iG won the ECL Champions with your killing blow.
A: I've been doing badly in recent team competitions. I wanted to have a solid performance. It turns out I killed the final, I was very excited.

Q: When the game is over, you started to clapping. Is a personal comeback you were celebrating?
A: Didn't think that much, it was subconscious (laugh). I hope this form could last.

Q: Your past seems to be interesting?
A: (Laughs) What? Even myself don't know. (laughs)

Q: You made a switch from SC1 to SC2?
A: Yes, but like most SC1 pros, I couldn't find competitions to play in. Naturally I switched to SC2. But I was practising at home at the beginning, playing Korean and Taiwanese servers. And the network is laggy, so there were little improvement. Only later the Chinese (mainland) server was open did I formally start. It was later than others.

Q: How did you become a SC2 pro?
A: I have the basics of playing the SC1, so I arrived at the top of the amateurs after only several months' practice. Then I was contacted by Edison to become a pro.

Q: You base on SC1 gave you a lot of convenience.
A: Yes indeed. After all, you don't have short cuts for basics, it needs an awful lot of practice. I was benefited immensely by my SC1 experience.

Q: When do you think is the peak of your career?
A: I haven't retired! (laughs) I don't know when it is, I think I hasn't come yet.

Q: Apart from weekly games, last time you won a individual champion have go back to 2012, when will be next time?
A: If I keep working hard, I think it won't be long.

Q: People think there's no strong Terran in China, how do you think?
A: It is true, there's no strong Terran outside Korea.

Q: Why so?
A: I think it's not about race, it's about base number. There great players of all three races in Korea. But Terran is much harder than other two, so there are less of them.

Q: Terran seems to have suffered a long period of downturn, is that also why you were sluggish?
A: Yes, TvZ used to be very imbalanced. I feel it very difficult when playing against zergs. New patches make me feel a lot better.

Q: Who is the best Terran in China, you or Loner?
A: There's almost no Terran, therefore there's no point to talk about this.

Q: Which player you will watch or learn from?
A: No one particular, I watch and learn from every game that Terran wins.

Q: Terran was enhanced and is easier to use.
A: Yes, the patches' effect is obvious, Terran is easier to use.

Q: Do you regret about choosing to play Terran? Protosses like Jim and MacSed play very well.
A: Of course, Jim went to #1 of GM at Korean ladder with only one group during them game. I always lament for choosing the Hell Mode.

Q: How do you feel of your 3-year stay at iG so far?
A: Aside from daily practice, I came to know a lot of friends, which makes me happy. \

Q: Edison is a interesting person, isn't he.
A: Yes, he tell jokes everyday. (laughs)

Q: It appears like that everyone of you is a younger brother of Edison's, is that your team feature?
A: Not really a feature, it is how a team supposed to be.

Q: Jim seems to usually be bullied by you. Why?
A: He who deserves pity must deserve hatred too. (laughs) Are you sure it is I who bully Jim? I think everyone knows Jim will want to. I won't say the reason(laughs) Of course these are all jokes.

Q: How do you think iA(sonu)?
A: Very hard-working fresher. If he keeps working, he will be of something.

Q: Who are the strongest and weakest in the team while practising?
Jim: You're so strong and you should teach me to play StarCraft.
XY went to 'bully' Jim for a while.

Q: Who's the most handsome?
A: Must be the sunglasses-wearing iA.
[image loading]

Q: You've had a long career, you may want to consider retirement.
A: I'll, but I think I should have another year for some more championships to leave no regrets.

Q: There's no good new Terran (in mainland).
A: Ein has been strong, but it is a pity he can't be a pro for personal reasons.

Q: Biggest regret so far?
A: WCG is gone and I've not been able to represent my country.

Q: Last word?
A: I thank iG for the environment they provide. Thanks for my fans and sponsor SteelSeries, WYWK, DouyuTV. I'll practise hard and fight every upcoming fight. Fighting!
https://twitter.com/shrinkzxo
Apoteosis
Profile Joined June 2011
Chile820 Posts
October 10 2014 18:30 GMT
#2
iG best chinese team
Life won like 200k and didn't hire a proper criminal lawyer.
SuperHofmann
Profile Joined September 2013
Italy1741 Posts
October 10 2014 18:34 GMT
#3
lol those chinese interviews are awesome
Vasacast always in my <3
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
October 10 2014 18:36 GMT
#4
On October 11 2014 03:30 Apoteosis wrote:
iG best chinese team

is there any other?
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
October 10 2014 18:41 GMT
#5
these interviews :D
Moderatorlickypiddy
mikumegurine
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada3145 Posts
October 10 2014 18:51 GMT
#6
On October 11 2014 03:36 graNite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 03:30 Apoteosis wrote:
iG best chinese team

is there any other?


ZOO
imrusty269
Profile Joined January 2014
United States1404 Posts
October 10 2014 19:16 GMT
#7
He looks like MMA.
Bbyong | MMA | Polt | Dream | Maru | Mvp
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
October 10 2014 19:20 GMT
#8
On October 11 2014 04:16 imrusty269 wrote:
He looks like MMA.

A slightly chubbier MMA, but yeah there is a similarity.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
October 10 2014 19:26 GMT
#9
Edison is a badass.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
plogamer
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada3132 Posts
October 10 2014 20:04 GMT
#10
Love the interviews. <3
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
October 10 2014 20:12 GMT
#11
[B]On October 11 2014 03:28 Shrinkzxo wrote:
Q: Who is the best Terran in China, you or Loner?
A: There's almost no Terran, therefore there's no point to talk about this.

I loved this answer. The fact that its true made it that much better.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
October 10 2014 20:29 GMT
#12
Invictus Gaming!
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
kinsky
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany368 Posts
October 10 2014 21:57 GMT
#13
lol so good!
xenoZhang
Profile Joined July 2012
China142 Posts
October 10 2014 22:17 GMT
#14
“Jim went to #1 of GM at Korean ladder with only one control group during the game.”
plus, there is an amateur Chinese Protoss player get to GM in Korean server even without any control group...
toss is op is op is op ( ̄へ ̄) || Slayers MMA / BOXER / NESTEA / PARTING / DRG / F91 / COMM
yoshi245
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2974 Posts
October 10 2014 23:20 GMT
#15
On October 11 2014 07:17 xenoZhang wrote:
“Jim went to #1 of GM at Korean ladder with only one control group during the game.”
plus, there is an amateur Chinese Protoss player get to GM in Korean server even without any control group...


Another thing to add in the big book of protoss bullshit.
"Numbers speak about the past, not the present." -Thorzain
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 900
WardiTV424
OGKoka 172
Rex120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko343
mouzHeroMarine 292
OGKoka 151
ProTech126
Rex 118
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3230
Horang2 1331
Larva 1258
EffOrt 1018
BeSt 604
Hyuk 380
Soma 328
Rush 266
Mini 218
ZerO 210
[ Show more ]
Stork 199
Light 184
Zeus 130
ggaemo 113
Barracks 109
Hyun 109
Killer 96
Shinee 38
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 33
Mong 29
Yoon 25
PianO 20
Aegong 18
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
sorry 15
Sexy 15
Noble 9
HiyA 8
zelot 7
soO 1
Dota 2
Dendi1161
BananaSlamJamma126
League of Legends
KnowMe35
Counter-Strike
byalli843
x6flipin331
Other Games
singsing2102
olofmeister1662
XaKoH 284
crisheroes274
Sick234
Pyrionflax164
ArmadaUGS59
Mew2King53
B2W.Neo8
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream478
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH309
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1703
Other Games
• WagamamaTV215
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 10m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.