• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:52
CEST 00:52
KST 07:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Arenโ€™t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6841 users

Dayshi Interview - Behind The Nickname #2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
TrAiDoS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Germany257 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-12 07:58:42
June 23 2014 19:17 GMT
#1
Hi guys!
First of all I want to say sorry, that it took so long to post the second interview, but we had some very exciting days at HomeStory Cup and stuff, which took a lot of time.

For the second interview of the interview series Behind The Nickname, we focus on a someone very interesting - as pro-gamer and person - the French Terran player from Millenium [image loading]Antoine 'Dayshi' Stievenart.



Behind The Nickname #2: Antoine 'Dayshi' Stievenart.

[image loading]


TrAiDoS: For the first part of the interview, I would like to talk a bit about your life.
How is life for you in general at the moment?

[image loading] Dayshi: Life is just awesome nowadays. Everything is going well and i'm truely enjoying it.

TrAiDoS: Can you please describe yourself as a person?

[image loading] Dayshi: I'd say that i'm a rather atypical person. Easy answer but I think that is the one that describe the most the progamers. We're all weird. Besides that, I'm pretty sociable and nice. Too nice maybe.

TrAiDoS: How did you find your way into eSports and the StarCraft II scene?

[image loading] Dayshi: I found my way there by watching a match of MLG in early/mid 2011. It was the first that I've heard about esport and since then I'm in.

TrAiDoS: Can you tell us please how your life was before you started playing professionally?

[image loading] Dayshi: Before beeing a pro gamer, I was simply studying in highschool, playing videogames and hanging out with friends. Nothing special, realy.

TrAiDoS: If you would not work as a pro-gamer, what kind of job would you do otherwise?

[image loading] Dayshi: I have absolutly no idea and thats why I decided to go into pro gaming aswell. I guess that now that I've given it some thoughts, I may have study psycology or something close from that, but I truely don't know.

TrAiDoS: What have you learned from your life as a pro-gamer?

[image loading] Dayshi: Where to begin... Yolo would be a great way to summarize that. I've learnt so much on everything because of eSport. Mostly because I met a bunch of awesome peaple. Since I started eSport, the entire view of what life is and what my life could be almost totaly changed and I'm glad it is the way it is now.
It's pretty easy in the end.. esport has built the person that I am right now, no more no less.

TrAiDoS: What do your friends say about your job?

[image loading] Dayshi: they think it's great and it's an awesome way to spend my time while i'm still very young. They are supporting me for sure.

TrAiDoS: How much spare time do you have and how do you spend it?

[image loading] Dayshi: I have a lot of it because I am, -sadly or not-, probably the pro player who practices the less because I don't think it's usefull. So what am I doing besides that ? I go to the gym, I do climbing, hangout with friends (that takes a lot of time) and I play some video games & watch tv shows/movies.

TrAiDoS: Why do you think is it not useful to practice?

[image loading] Dayshi: i'd rather say it's not SO usefull to practice. From my perspective, you have to practice until you have the mecanics you need to play at a pro level. (APM, game knowledge etc..) After you get that, you (I) simply play to get aware of the metagame, to not loose my mecanics & improve some aspects of the game (decision making is a BIG part).
I know that some players need to practice as much as they can so it might be just me.

TrAiDoS: Which advice would you give to everybody?

[image loading] Dayshi: In life in general, always doing your best at what you're doing is the key to hapiness I'd say. On a personal aspect, accept who you are and deal with it, because everyone is perfect in it's way.

TrAiDoS: Now I would like to focus more on you as a gamer and StarCraft II in general.
What did you play before StarCraft II? Why did you pick Terran as your race?

[image loading] Dayshi: I did play a lot of video games before sc2. The type of game that I liked the most was MMORPGs (WoW, Aion) and besides that I played a lot of classics like Diablo 2, League of Legends..
I picked Terran because it was the race that I you were playing in the campain so I knew it the most and I was too lazy to change.

TrAiDoS: After a great performance at HomeStory Cup IX, where you got a 3rd/4th place finisher, how motivated are you at the moment? How do you motivate yourself in general?

[image loading] Dayshi: I'm not more or less motivated than before. I just have the proof that I can do it. I'm very motivated because of that tho, I want to go to every event that I can to finaly slap a great amount of koreans.
the way I motivate myself is pretty simple. I do what I love to do when I want to do it. Hopefully, I love going to events and play Starcraft 2 so I get a lot of motivation

TrAiDoS: Do you think everybody has the potential to become a pro-gamer?

[image loading] Dayshi: Yes and no. Yes in 10 years I would say, when I think that there will be proper training centers and such but right now, it's just like if football was a totaly new sport and you were just given a ball and then GL HF becoming Zlatan.
Thats the way I see it, there is peaple who are naturaly better at pro gaming than others. When you see someone like taeja, it's pretty obvious. The question is tuff tho, esport is realy young.

TrAiDoS: What are your expectations and wishes for Legacy of the Void?

[image loading] Dayshi: I want changes, a lot of them. New units & mecanics. Pretty much like HotS but with more intensity.

TrAiDoS: Terrans didn't do very well in the past months of StarCraft II regarding tournament results. What do you think is the reason for that? Why does every race has its up and downs when it comes to winning tournaments?

[image loading] Dayshi: It's just the way it's ment to be I guess. It comes a lot about metagame & balance. It's insanly tricky to win a tournament and it's up to the realy few players who has the talent to do so aswell. There is maybe 10 players in each race who can win a whole tournament and if 8 of them practices less, are not feeling the metagame or have a bad day on the D-day.. yeah it's just insanly tricky.

TrAiDoS: What do you like most and least about StarCraft II and everything around it?

[image loading] Dayshi: What I like the most and least is the same thing actualy, it's the fact that it's a solo game. I like it because you can trust in nobody else but yourself and deal with it, enjoy the victory by yourself and be proud of yourself. I dislike it for the exact same reasons. Starcraft 2 was pretty much my first solo game and I've always loved to share my gaming experiences with other players, in victory as in defeat. I miss that in sc2 and that's the reason why I love teamleagues so much.

TrAiDoS: Who do you think is the most outstanding character in the StarCraft II scene and why?

[image loading] Dayshi: I'd go for MC because he managed to become someone he's not in the Starcraft 2 scene. When you see MC in an event, he is the boss toss. When you play him in a game, he plays like the boss toss but I'm 110% sure that when you have a private dinner with him as a friend, he must be a lovely min chul.

TrAiDoS: If you were and architect and you had to build a house. What would this house look like?

[image loading] Dayshi: It would look like a classic cool house, with a pool inside and enought room to be able to recieve & let sleep my kids & friends.

TrAiDoS: After the serious part of the interview, I will give you some random questions to answer.
What is your most striking trademark?

[image loading] Dayshi: The swagness of the hellions.

TrAiDoS: What is your favorite Disney movie and why?

[image loading] Dayshi: Frozen, because you can LETT IT GOOOOOO LET IT GOOOOOOOOOO AND DONT HOLD IT BACK ANYMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

TrAiDoS: How does the perfect stag party look like for you? Who would you like to spend it with?

[image loading] Dayshi: Something like hangover the movie seems great to me. a bit less crazy tho. Just doing something stupid with your best friends another time. Not the last of course, but something symbolic. Having a wife means responsabilities, so you gotta do something to get prepared !
I can't picture myself doing it with anybody else than my best friends.

TrAiDoS: If you were a woman for one day, what would you do?

[image loading] Dayshi: Touch my boobs. That would probably take the whole 24 hours.

TrAiDoS: What is the most awkward moment you remember?

[image loading] Dayshi: haha sadly it involves someone in esport so I cannot share it.. but my second one would be when i got caught having sex. It's.. realy awkward.

TrAiDoS: SWAG vs. YOLO, what wins?

[image loading] Dayshi: OH MY GOD... I think i have to go for yolo.

TrAiDoS: What is the most useless skill you have?

[image loading] Dayshi: beeing flexible enough to put my feet behind my head ? I've not been able to make it usefull yet.



A huge thanks to Dayshi for taking his time to answer the questions.

Please, visit him on Twitter and hit that "Follow" button, he is @M_Dayshi

Please follow me as well, I am @TrAiDoS_ on Twitter.

Thanks for the read guys! :-)



Previous Interviews:

Snute Interview - Behind The Nickname
๐ŸŽฎ Gaming & Esports Performance Researcher | โœ–๏ธ https://x.com/TrAiDoS | ๐ŸŒ https://www.christian-staedter.com/ | ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ Esports Freelancer - Admin ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿซ University Lecturer
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
June 23 2014 19:35 GMT
#2
Damn awesome interview, good sir!
moo...for DRG
DinoMight
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States3725 Posts
June 23 2014 19:39 GMT
#3
What a boss.
"Wtf I come back and find myself in camp DinoMight all of a sudden, feels weird man." -Wombat_NI
DinoMight
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States3725 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-23 19:40:23
June 23 2014 19:40 GMT
#4

TrAiDoS: If you were a woman for one day, what would you do?
Dayshi: Touch my boobs. That would probably take the whole 24 hours.


LOL
"Wtf I come back and find myself in camp DinoMight all of a sudden, feels weird man." -Wombat_NI
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
June 23 2014 19:42 GMT
#5
So much yoloness. Love it.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
Pyloss
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1515 Posts
June 23 2014 20:11 GMT
#6
Nice interview, looking forward to read more of them.
<3 sOs, Parting, Mana, Honor, TaKe, Mcanning<3
InFluenza
Profile Joined January 2014
Netherlands55 Posts
June 23 2014 20:20 GMT
#7
I think his most awkward moment was when he was caught having sex with his foot behind his head :D
Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?
GL999et1000
Profile Joined December 2012
France229 Posts
June 23 2014 20:30 GMT
#8
Haha really nice.
P: PartinG,Rain,sOs | T: Dream, Maru,Fantasy | Z: Life, SoO, Leenock | Micro for the win! | Warcraft 3 always in my heart !
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
June 23 2014 20:37 GMT
#9
On June 24 2014 05:20 InFluenza wrote:
I think his most awkward moment was when he was caught having sex with his foot behind his head :D

By Stephano.

Good interview, Dayshi is a boss.

You might want spell check tho, there is quite a lot of mistakes
TrAiDoS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Germany257 Posts
June 23 2014 20:41 GMT
#10
On June 24 2014 05:37 Faust852 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2014 05:20 InFluenza wrote:
I think his most awkward moment was when he was caught having sex with his foot behind his head :D

By Stephano.

Good interview, Dayshi is a boss.

You might want spell check tho, there is quite a lot of mistakes


I know, but I as some kind of journalist I don't want to change anything what the person I did interview said. :-)
๐ŸŽฎ Gaming & Esports Performance Researcher | โœ–๏ธ https://x.com/TrAiDoS | ๐ŸŒ https://www.christian-staedter.com/ | ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ Esports Freelancer - Admin ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿซ University Lecturer
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
June 23 2014 20:49 GMT
#11
On June 24 2014 05:41 TrAiDoS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2014 05:37 Faust852 wrote:
On June 24 2014 05:20 InFluenza wrote:
I think his most awkward moment was when he was caught having sex with his foot behind his head :D

By Stephano.

Good interview, Dayshi is a boss.

You might want spell check tho, there is quite a lot of mistakes


I know, but I as some kind of journalist I don't want to change anything what the person I did interview said. :-)


Spellchecking isn't really changing what he said. It's just better for the readers :p When Waxangel interviews new challengers in WCS, he does it by Skype and i'm pretty sure he doesn't just copypast everything ^^
TrAiDoS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Germany257 Posts
June 24 2014 06:38 GMT
#12
On June 24 2014 05:49 Faust852 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2014 05:41 TrAiDoS wrote:
On June 24 2014 05:37 Faust852 wrote:
On June 24 2014 05:20 InFluenza wrote:
I think his most awkward moment was when he was caught having sex with his foot behind his head :D

By Stephano.

Good interview, Dayshi is a boss.

You might want spell check tho, there is quite a lot of mistakes


I know, but I as some kind of journalist I don't want to change anything what the person I did interview said. :-)


Spellchecking isn't really changing what he said. It's just better for the readers :p When Waxangel interviews new challengers in WCS, he does it by Skype and i'm pretty sure he doesn't just copypast everything ^^


I know what you mean, but it could be, that he wants some words to be read this way . . . could. I think you have to be very careful what you change.
๐ŸŽฎ Gaming & Esports Performance Researcher | โœ–๏ธ https://x.com/TrAiDoS | ๐ŸŒ https://www.christian-staedter.com/ | ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ Esports Freelancer - Admin ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿซ University Lecturer
KTP_TV
Profile Joined October 2013
France42 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-24 11:35:34
June 24 2014 11:35 GMT
#13
On June 24 2014 15:38 TrAiDoS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2014 05:49 Faust852 wrote:
On June 24 2014 05:41 TrAiDoS wrote:
On June 24 2014 05:37 Faust852 wrote:
On June 24 2014 05:20 InFluenza wrote:
I think his most awkward moment was when he was caught having sex with his foot behind his head :D

By Stephano.

Good interview, Dayshi is a boss.

You might want spell check tho, there is quite a lot of mistakes


I know, but I as some kind of journalist I don't want to change anything what the person I did interview said. :-)


Spellchecking isn't really changing what he said. It's just better for the readers :p When Waxangel interviews new challengers in WCS, he does it by Skype and i'm pretty sure he doesn't just copypast everything ^^


I know what you mean, but it could be, that he wants some words to be read this way . . . could. I think you have to be very careful what you change.


I agree with this. I prefer reading the original answers when it's a foreigner. It makes it more authentic I guess.
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
June 24 2014 13:07 GMT
#14
SPILL IT DAYSHI
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
JacobShock
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Denmark2485 Posts
June 24 2014 13:21 GMT
#15
Great interview and good questions! But it would probably be a bit more professional to run it through a spell check before publishing it.
"Right on" - Morrow
TrAiDoS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Germany257 Posts
June 24 2014 16:22 GMT
#16
On June 24 2014 22:21 JacobShock wrote:
Great interview and good questions! But it would probably be a bit more professional to run it through a spell check before publishing it.

Hey, I'm glad you liked it. :-) We kinda had the discussion about spell checking already here. The thing is, I don't wanna do it, because it could change the way the player wants it to be read or the meaning etc. (rarely but could be), so I prefer to not spell check it on my own. Hope that helps. :-)
๐ŸŽฎ Gaming & Esports Performance Researcher | โœ–๏ธ https://x.com/TrAiDoS | ๐ŸŒ https://www.christian-staedter.com/ | ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ Esports Freelancer - Admin ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿซ University Lecturer
Pontius Pirate
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United States1557 Posts
June 28 2014 07:03 GMT
#17
I disliked him during the Hellbats per minute era, but he's been winning me over by playing like a foreigner Bogus with an unbelievable parade push and marine splits against Zerg one week, and an actually good version of Goody the next. His was the only performance that I thought was really notably good at the most recent Homestory cup, which I thought was otherwise the most lackluster edition of that tournament. I think he's a top 3 foreigner Terran right now, and may take the undisputed title by the end of the year.
"I had to close the door so my parents wouldn't judge me." - ZombieGrub during the ShitfaceTradeTV stream
SuperHofmann
Profile Joined September 2013
Italy1741 Posts
June 28 2014 07:18 GMT
#18
cool interview, thanks
Vasacast always in my <3
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 127
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 420
White-Ra 143
910 47
NaDa 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever288
NeuroSwarm155
Super Smash Bros
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8708
Liquid`Hasu1735
Trikslyr85
Other Games
summit1g8474
Liquid`RaSZi3176
shahzam551
JimRising 322
B2W.Neo175
C9.Mang0157
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur185
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 8m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.