• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:02
CEST 01:02
KST 08:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10155 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL S5 U/D Group D

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 14:04:16
October 25 2012 13:51 GMT
#1
LG-IMSeed

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

You have returned to Code S. How do you feel?

I had a cold for the past month. Because of this illness, I was tired both physically and mentally and, as a result, wasn't able to perform. I was taking a break at home without practising. I went into the games today relying on my fundamentals and I now think it the right choice to take a break.

You had a hopeless game against Flash in Set 1

I couldn't figure out Abyssal City due to the lack of practice. Later, MVP told me that Colossus builds on that map are not viable. There is no way for Protoss to take a good position so I got smashed one sidedly.

Parting said in his interview that he was planning to break the no-ceremony agreement

I am aware he is planning a ceremony for me and I'll just have to take it since he's got the makings of a 'World Champion'. I am powerless against him (laugh). However, in the mean time, I'll make fun of him as much as possible (laugh)

In your game against Supernova, you denied every nuke he tried on you

Terrans love to use nukes on Daybreak. Especially on the 5 o'clock expo. I went so far as to plan to take down the ghosts using speed upgraded observers while harassing. It's no miracle I wasn't hit by a nuke.

In your last set, you quickly got +3 attack and did a strong attack

It's a build similar to Creator's but with my own style infused into it. There are builds which use similar unit compositions but this particular use of stalkers isn't seen anywhere else.

The last set was to decide whether we would have re-games

That's precisely why I wasn't under much pressure. I had even messed up my worker control at the beginning because the mouse setting was incorrect. It just makes me happier I was able to win under such circumstances.

Your goal for this season?

There are people who say that I did badly in Season 4 but I think they're exaggerating because I'm a champion. There are 24 players who were eliminated in ro16 or before so I did not do badly by any means. However, I admit that I fell into a slump since then and that the much needed break has helped. My goal this season is to get to ro4 so that I get a free trip to Las Vegas. If that proves too difficult, I'll at least get a seed for 2013 GSL Season 1.

Anything to add?

I'm really happy to be in Code S for the fourth time in a row. I want to thank my family at home who cared for me and also the IM coach and his wife who took care of me in China while attending WCS. I want to thank Dreamertt for practising with me. I'm glad for the GOM Staff and the journalists that I was able to prevent a 5 way tie breaker. Lastly, I want to thank LG Electronics, Googims, SteelSeries, Nvidia and Cocacola for their continued sponsorship.


Source: ThisisGame

SlayerSRyung

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +

You had a hard time getting into Code S tonight

I was under the impression that I would have to play a rematch even if I beat Flash in my final set. I had given up all hopes of advancing so I took it easy. Rather than trying to advance, I was hoping to learn from this game against Flash. When I lost that huge battle in the middle of the map, I only stayed in to observe how Flash plays but he made several mistakes which let me back into the game.

You took a quick victory against Supernova

I placed my barracks for the shortest distance to his base meaning the reaper was planned. I actually expected a long drawn out game but the reaper did its job so well that I was able to win soon afterwards.

You fell to Sirius' roach play

I had a hard time against mass roach in practice with the build I used. I'm not sure if he prepared it specially but his choice of builds was excellent.

After losing to Seed, you were in a very unfavourable position in the group

I was planning to beat Seed no matter what so as I lost, I gave up hope of advancing. The games weren't going as I had planned and I wasn't too confident. My last set was against Flash in a mirror on Whirlwind so I thought it was 50/50 that I would win.

What do you think having played Flash?

I have played Starcraft 2 for two years but no one plays quite like him. I knew that Flash was a greedy macro player but this was insane. I think I learned a lot from him. Before when I used to watch MMA play, I would think to myself "Class is forever" and Flash's play today brought out the same feelings.

Your goal for Code S this season?

I keep repeating the same pattern. Last season was the same. I keep getting into Code S then fail to post any results. Since this is the last season of the year, I really hope I do well.

There are already many KeSPA players in Code S

They shouldn't be too special. They already have Proleague to earn their keep in so I'll protect my territory as best as I can.

With this week's last game, you move to Axiom

I felt really sorry when I left the team. Maybe, I'm too soft mentally but I feel that this incident was very hard on us players. I know that my leaving the team wasn't free of trouble but all this drama certainly wasn't justified. In fact, the drama makes me glad I left the team.


Source: ThisisGame
Translator
batterseapower
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom111 Posts
October 25 2012 13:56 GMT
#2
Thanks storywriter!
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
October 25 2012 13:56 GMT
#3
You're back!!
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Fueled
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1610 Posts
October 25 2012 13:57 GMT
#4
Thank you for the interview.
The Wood League - Where a double gas opening can still mean a Marine/SCV all-in
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
October 25 2012 14:03 GMT
#5
Man, IM has a nice sponsor list. :O

Grats Seed, although i did cheer against him quite hard in the last game.
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 14:07:42
October 25 2012 14:05 GMT
#6
On October 25 2012 22:56 Weirdkid wrote:
You're back!!

I'm always on TL, just not translating University is raping me sideways atm.

edit: hmm, hope Seeker doesn't get mad because I translated Seed's interview. I only just remembered.
Translator
Shkudde
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands709 Posts
October 25 2012 14:07 GMT
#7
Ryung seems to be taking the Slayers-implosion relatively well.
Good for him, I can't help but like him for some reason.
$O$ | herO[jOin] | Zest hwaiting!
garlicface
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4196 Posts
October 25 2012 14:10 GMT
#8
On October 25 2012 23:07 Shkudde wrote:
Ryung seems to be taking the Slayers-implosion relatively well.
Good for him, I can't help but like him for some reason.

Pikachu cheeks.
#TeamBuLba
bhfberserk
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada390 Posts
October 25 2012 14:15 GMT
#9
Be it the players fault or Jessica fault. The team existed for the players, the players didn't exists for the team. All the drama now is just hurting the player and no gain on the team. I am glad Ryung can move on to another team.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 25 2012 14:15 GMT
#10
In fact, the drama makes me glad I left the team.


Ouch.

Thanks for the translation as always
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
October 25 2012 14:16 GMT
#11
I wonder how it feels to play Flash.. Makes it seem like he's just so damn crazy to play against haha.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
October 25 2012 14:18 GMT
#12
Seed turning into the new Bruce Lee toss?
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 14:23:22
October 25 2012 14:18 GMT
#13
Thanks Storywriter

Hurray for Seed, not sure if I like his new hair or the one he came out with for the GSL finals more.

Mvp with some good advice about Abyssal City, there's just too many good positions for vikings to pick away at your colossus, seems like a bad map to try and use them like that.
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 14:20:33
October 25 2012 14:19 GMT
#14
Seed with the new hairstyle already getting cheeky again lol.

And good to see that Ryung is looking ahead to the future leaving the SlayerS mess behind him.

It's a real shame that SuperNoVa blew his NesTea Award by losing today. Now he's back to zero in terms of staying in Code S 10 consecutive seasons.

And oh Flash...
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
October 25 2012 14:21 GMT
#15
On October 25 2012 23:05 storywriter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:56 Weirdkid wrote:
You're back!!

I'm always on TL, just not translating University is raping me sideways atm.

edit: hmm, hope Seeker doesn't get mad because I translated Seed's interview. I only just remembered.


Drama amongst the translators too :D Just what we need! Haha

Anyway, university is a pretty fun time in life haha. All the best
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 25 2012 14:22 GMT
#16
thanks storywriter, glhf ICE (?)
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
October 25 2012 14:30 GMT
#17
On October 25 2012 23:22 opterown wrote:
thanks storywriter, glhf ICE (?)

yeah, screw ICE
Translator
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
October 25 2012 14:32 GMT
#18
Two of my favorite players, yaaaay.
Thanks Storywriter!
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 14:36:37
October 25 2012 14:36 GMT
#19
Man, now I really want Parting vs Seed.

Thanks storywriter!
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 25 2012 14:36 GMT
#20
On October 25 2012 23:18 Dodgin wrote:
Thanks Storywriter

Hurray for Seed, not sure if I like his new hair or the one he came out with for the GSL finals more.

Mvp with some good advice about Abyssal City, there's just too many good positions for vikings to pick away at your colossus, seems like a bad map to try and use them like that.


Yeah. Another issue with abyssal is that is your army is too close to the third, your main is open to drops. But if not close enough, the Terran can run in and get a really good position that is tough to engage into. With storm tech, you can have a couple HTs to defend drops and the main army between natural and 3rd. But that map just seems to force the Protoss to be aggressive since defending is very hard.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 144
Vindicta 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11105
Artosis 522
Bale 13
TT1 0
League of Legends
Doublelift3780
JimRising 609
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox643
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5062
Khaldor925
Other Games
summit1g7396
shahzam562
NeuroSwarm76
ArmadaUGS69
Mew2King67
ViBE57
JuggernautJason41
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 37
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• HerbMon 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie920
• Scarra465
• Shiphtur158
Upcoming Events
OSC
58m
Stellar Fest
13h 58m
OSC
22h 58m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.