• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:16
CEST 14:16
KST 21:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9320 users

Smix - GG Maybe (another parody song)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-17 21:00:59
May 17 2012 11:09 GMT
#1
I was sent this link, along with a nudge to do this parody song so I did ^_^

Big thanks to IdentifiableParam on reddit who was the one who wrote the lyrics!

Here are the lyrics -
I threw a wish in the well,\ Don't ask me, I'll never tell\ I pressed 'find match' as it fell,\ And now you're in my way/
I'd trade my soul for a win,\ Pennies and dimes for GM\ I wasn't looking for this,\ But now you're in my way/
Your lag was holdin',\ up the match screen loadin'\ Z v, T was goin'\ Where you think you're going, baby?/
Hey, I just met you,\ And this is crazy,\ But here are zerglings,\ So gg, maybe?/
It's hard to play right,\ For you baby,\ But here are zerglings,\ So gg, maybe?/
Hey, I just met you,\ And this is crazy,\ But here are zerglings,\ So gg, maybe?/
And all the SCVs,\ Try to chase me,\ But more lings show up,\ So gg, maybe?/
You took your time with the wall,\ I took no time with the fall\ You gave me nothing at all,\ But still, you're in my way/
I beg, and borrow and steal\ Ladder points and it's real\ I didn't know I would feel it,\ But it's in my way/
Your lag was holdin',\ up the match screen loadin'\ Z v, T was goin'\ Where you think you're going, baby?/
Hey, I just met you,\ And this is crazy,\ But here are zerglings,\ So gg, maybe?/
It's hard to play right,\ For you baby,\ But here are zerglings,\ So gg, maybe?/
Hey, I just met you,\ And this is crazy,\ But here are zerglings,\ So gg, maybe?/
And all the SCVs,\ Try to chase me,\ But more lings show up,\ So gg, maybe?/
Before you got into this game\ I missed you so bad\ I missed you so bad\ I missed you so, so bad/
Before you got into this game\ I missed you so bad\ And you should know that\ I missed you so, so bad/
It's hard to play right,\ For you baby,\ But here are zerglings,\ So gg, maybe?/
Hey, I just met you,\ And this is crazy,\ But here are zerglings,\ So gg, maybe?/
And all the SCVs,\ Try to chase me,\ But more lings show up,\ So gg, maybe?/
Before you came into my life\ I missed you so bad\ I missed you so bad\ I missed you so, so bad/
Before you came into my life\ I missed you so bad\ And you should know that/
So gg, maybe?

Download link ^_^

If you listen to the end you will hear a little side addition I put in ^_^

If you want to download, I think you can just right click, save link as on link

Disclaimer: I made mistakes and it's not perfect by any means but it's 6 a.m. too tired T_T forgive me plz <3

For those asking - I just used garageband on macbook - I don't own a mic yet so I used laptop mic ;;

edit: pwnastic made a youtube video! thank you~
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Shock710
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia6097 Posts
May 17 2012 11:11 GMT
#2
Smix <3 why is ur voice so beautiful, i love it.
p.s ur voice isnt the only thing beautiful =D
dAPhREAk gives Shock a * | [23:55] <Shock710> that was out of context -_- [16:26] <@motbob> Good question, Shock!
BlitchizSC2
Profile Joined August 2010
United States306 Posts
May 17 2012 11:13 GMT
#3
Smix you are the best
www.twitch.tv/blitchizsc2 | http://www.youtube.com/BlitchizStarcraft ~ fighting!
Ohaio
Profile Joined January 2012
Switzerland24 Posts
May 17 2012 11:13 GMT
#4
Great song like the other ones! You're really talented
1Focus
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States409 Posts
May 17 2012 11:13 GMT
#5
sick! NICE JOB
Twitter: iF0CUS
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
May 17 2012 11:13 GMT
#6
Heh, good stuff. Well done!
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
BreakeR.
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria220 Posts
May 17 2012 11:14 GMT
#7
Nice. Really cool! :D
The hardest part about being smart is accepting that others are stupid. -Tasteless
Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
May 17 2012 11:14 GMT
#8
thank you for the next weeks earworm!
BookII
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia400 Posts
May 17 2012 11:14 GMT
#9
Awesome.

Loved it. Great work yet again.

Thanks for making these, they get stuck in my head more than the originals.
Grampz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2147 Posts
May 17 2012 11:15 GMT
#10
GG!
Deleted User 176289
Profile Joined April 2011
169 Posts
May 17 2012 11:15 GMT
#11
--- Nuked ---
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
May 17 2012 11:19 GMT
#12
Awesome, I love it
Occupation: Legend
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
May 17 2012 11:20 GMT
#13
Hahaha, I'm sorta endeared to the original because it's just so catchy. You've not only made it as catchy, but relevant to me. Thank you
Yargh
MrCash
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1504 Posts
May 17 2012 11:22 GMT
#14
Really cool song and very well sung.
I, for one, am hoping that this whole "deal with rage by 6 pooling 20 times to this song" fad thing doesn't catch on.
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
May 17 2012 11:24 GMT
#15
how and where was this recorded? at home or in a studio?
keep it deep! @zulison
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
May 17 2012 11:24 GMT
#16
its beautiful ;d
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
May 17 2012 11:24 GMT
#17
On May 17 2012 20:24 zul wrote:
how and where was this recorded? at home or in a studio?


on my bed with shitty macbook ^^;;
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Mingle
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom26 Posts
May 17 2012 11:26 GMT
#18
Ahh the power of reddit lirics and a great voice!
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
May 17 2012 11:27 GMT
#19
Not only was that really good, it was hilarious. Well done
Sup.
Gregseh
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom11 Posts
May 17 2012 11:28 GMT
#20
As soon as I read the twitter post saying you were thinking about it, I was suitably excited. Sweet work :D
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1229
WardiTV449
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko431
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8932
Bisu 2560
Jaedong 1410
BeSt 1037
EffOrt 543
Horang2 433
actioN 257
Larva 245
ZerO 236
Mini 180
[ Show more ]
Pusan 141
ggaemo 89
Mind 87
Snow 85
Hyun 69
Barracks 63
Yoon 62
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 50
Killer 44
Sharp 37
Bale 36
NotJumperer 35
scan(afreeca) 33
ToSsGirL 29
hero 23
Hm[arnc] 19
Sacsri 18
zelot 15
Noble 12
sorry 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
Gorgc1174
Dendi826
qojqva343
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1267
markeloff81
Other Games
B2W.Neo329
crisheroes279
DeMusliM195
Pyrionflax189
hiko168
dupreeh99
Livibee68
Mew2King66
QueenE61
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 2448
StarCastTV_EN63
UltimateBattle 40
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV1082
League of Legends
• Jankos1406
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 44m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.