• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:38
CEST 16:38
KST 23:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9723 users

Iron Lady Player Spotlight: Aphrodite

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Normal
pHaRSiDE
Profile Joined March 2011
United States752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 12:49:08
January 17 2012 01:36 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Ga-Young 'Aphrodite' Kim is the fastest rising female Starcraft 2 progamer in the community today. She has captured the hearts of many with her outstanding play at (Wiki)Zowie Divina, and her 1st place performance at the recent Iron Lady Champion Cup 6. At only the age of 23 years old, this Korean Terran player gets our full attention this week on this edition of Iron Lady player spotlight. I caught up with her in an email based interview, and we dive into several topics concerning her pro-gaming career! Enjoy the read!

[image loading]
Where to Find Aphrodite!
US Battle.net Account
Korean Battle.net Account
Own3d.tv Channel
Facebook

You can also catch her in an upcoming showmatch versus Quantic.Flo on January 28th. Click Here for the TL Thread with the details


Excerpt:
ESL.D4nny: You met some of North America's most skilled girl gamers at the tournament like DaSakura and Flo, what did you think about them in terms of their personalities and skills?

Aphrodite:: I think Dasakura has the skills to beat the male progamers in Korea because when I played against her in the Iron Lady Cup, she had improved so much since ZOWIE DIVINA and I think she is an incredible person to have improved this much. And my new teammate Flo is worthy of having the title MarineQueen and is also an extremly talented player. I personally think that these two have incredible potential!


View Full Interview and Pictures here
http://www.nationalesl.com/us/sc2/ironlady/news/182359/

Full Text Interview
+ Show Spoiler +

________________________________________
ESL Daniel 'D4nny' Brooks: Thank you for taking the time to do this interview! Even though you are growing fast in popularity, Please introduce yourself for those who may not know who are you.

Ga-Young'Aphrodite' Kim: Hello my name is Ga-Young Kim aka Aphrodite, and I play Terran for the team StarTale. I was born on the 4th of November 1988, and I am StarTale RainbOw's girlfriend.

ESL.D4nny: You Share the same exact birthday and year as me :O!
________________________________________

ESL.D4nny: Can you tell us how you got your start in computer gaming? Did you ever play Starcraft 1 or any other RTS games?

Aphrodite: When Starcraft 2 first came out, I just played team games with RainbOw, and I have just started to play on the 1v1 ladder, and it has been about 3 months. I have no experience in Starcraft: Brood War or other games.
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: In Korea, Starcraft 2 is such a male dominated sport, so what motivated or inspired you to start playing Starcraft 2 competitively? What also inspired you to pick terran?

Aphrodite:: When I first started going out with RainbOw, Starcraft 2 was released, and I think that was what largely influenced my decision to play this game. I used to watch him play and began to understand the game little by little, and I also appeared on RainbOw's stream a few times but I had no 1v1 ladder experience before that.
At that time a lot of my fans gave me words of encouragement and cheered me on, and that's when I decided to take interest in the ladder. When I first started the placement matches, I went 4 Wins and 1 Loss and was placed in the Platinum league, but I won a couple of games and went straight to Diamond. I then played in Diamond league for about 2 weeks and reached rank 3 in the division, and got promoted to Masters. I had no previous experience in gaming but it seemed that I was improving very fast, so I have been continuously interested in this game. I also picked Terran because of RainbOw haha.
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: If you were not a starcraft 2 progamer this day, what career path do you think you would have taken?

Aphrodite:: I am currently still a student. If I was not a Starcraft 2 progamer I would still be in my 3rd year of study at the moment. I decided to take a break from study and focus more on being a progamer haha.
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: On the Korean Starcraft 2 ladder, Do you encounter other really talented female Starcraft 2 players when you are playing or is it rare / never happens?

Aphrodite:: I am currently one of the top 300 Masters league players on the Korean server but I haven't met any other female progamers yet.

ESL.D4nny: Aww what a shame.
________________________________________

ESL.D4nny: With Startale_Rainbow being your current boyfriend, did he play a major role in getting your skills and mechanics to a masters level on the Korean server? What are some of his techniques for coaching you?

Aphrodite:: Of course! I watch and learn from RainbOw the most, and he teaches me a lot of things. I use the same strategies as him and you can just see me as a downgraded version of him hahahah. I've learned a lot from him, and that's how I got into Masters league within 2 weeks of playing.

ESL.D4nny: Yes, I have actually noticed your playstyle does take after him a whole lot. A very good player to mimic the playstyle of, and congrats on improving that fast!
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: You became popular in the Starcraft 2 community when you got invited to the ZOWIE DIVINA Cup. Was this your first ever tournament you have played in? What were your nerves like going into it?

Aphrodite:: The ZOWIE DIVINA Cup was my very first tournament that I've entered. I was very nervous and made lots of mistakes, but it was meaningful because it was also my first tournament win. To be honest I didn't know there were other awesome female progamers before I entered this tournament, but I was surprised to see how skilled the other participants were. I didn't prepare anything big and just practiced as hard as I can ^^;
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: You met some of North America's most skilled girl gamers at the tournament like DaSakura and Flo, what did you think about them in terms of their personalities and skills?

Aphrodite:: I think Dasakura has the skills to beat the male progamers in Korea because when I played against her in the Iron Lady Cup, she had improved so much since ZOWIE DIVINA and I think she is an incredible person to have improved this much. And my new teammate Flo is worthy of having the title MarineQueen and is also an extremly talented player. I personally think that these two have incredible potential!
________________________________________

ESL.D4nny: Describe some of the feelings you had winning the first every major female tournament?

Aphrodite:: ZOWIE DIVINA was my first offline tournament and I was extremely happy because I had won it and I was also proud to represent Korea! I hope that I can continue winning!
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: After your win ZOWIE DIVINA you joined the team Startale, how has that been for you so far? Do you stay in a team house with them and/or train with?

Aphrodite:: Actually, I was already training in the StarTale team house before the tournament haha. But I felt that it would be better to announce that I had joined StarTale after I had proven myself. Also, the team house and my home is about a 1 Hour and 30 Minute drive, so I can't visit often, but I try to visit and learn from them as much as I can. RainbOw lives about 5 minutes away from where I live so I practice with him everyday haha.
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: What is your biggest goal to accomplish on the team? Maybe playing in GSTL or GSL Code A for example?

Aphrodite:: RainbOw had always told me that my competition are not female progamers, but are male progamers in code B,A,S. Therefore yes, my current goal is to achieve Code A.
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: Coming into Iron Lady Champion Cup 6, did your win at ZOWIE DIVINA boost your confidence for this cup? Did you have any fears or any players you were worried about?

Aphrodite:: I was slightly nervous, but I was confident, and I wasn't worried about specific players. ^^
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: Unfortunately Flo slept through the cup, but you met DaSakura in the Championship Cup 6 Winner Bracket Finals, where she defeated you 2:0. Can you walk us through what may have went wrong for you? Was lag an issue or even the time you had to play? Or were you just caught off guard with her style of play?

Aphrodite:: I think Dasakura knows my playstyle very well. Also, the delay from the Korean to North American server was about 0.5 seconds so it was really hard to micro. So all the games were very tough.
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: You later came back and actually reset the series from the loser bracket side in the grand finals of the cup, where you pulled out a very close 2:1 victory in there. In what ways did you adapt to her style to pull out the win?

Aphrodite:: The 1st and 3rd matches I used strategies that I used the most and had the most confidence in. In the 2nd game, I thought of Dasakura's playstyle and executed a Hellion/Marauder strategy that I had never done before, but a fast roach rush came and I panicked and in the final engagement, and I couldn't split my units properly because of the lag and lost. After this game I just decided to do what I'm the most confident in for the last game !

ESL.D4nny: They were some great games! For anyone who wants to check the replays of it, you can do so by going click here! (click the vs. )
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: What did you do with your $ 100 winnings? :-)

Aphrodite:: Its in my bank account :p
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: Overall what did you think of the Iron Lady event, and do you plan to compete in more?

Aphrodite:: It was a shame that there were no protosses but it felt great to compete against other female progamers and I felt honored. Overall it was a great experience and I would participate in any tournament if I can get the chance ^^
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: Startale recently partnered with Quantic Gaming, will this allow you to travel international to events like MLG , Dreamhack ,etc and compete?

Aphrodite:: Yes through this partnership I am able to compete in foreign tournaments and I am also able to practice with other foreign players.

ESL.D4nny: I can't wait to be seeing you at those events!
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: You and your partnered teammate Flo will have a chance to do a rematch from ZOWIE Divina in a showmatch you have coming up. What are you thoughts on that match, and how do you think you will do?

Aphrodite:: I'm excited to play against Flo once more! My playstyle became exposed, soI will practice a variety of different strategies. I hope the games will be exciting!
________________________________________

ESL.D4nny: What advice can you give other girls who are looking to be like you and other top performing female gamers? What is the secret to your success since many other girls are struggling to reach your level of play?

Aphrodite:: I think the most important thing is that you should watch and copy a lot of the builds in order to get used to the build and understand the game better. As you slowly improve over time, you'll suddenly become a great progamer. I'm still lacking in terms of skill, but I always try to learn as much as I can ^^.
________________________________________
ESL.D4nny: I want to thank you for taking the time do this interview with me Aphrodite: ! Anything you want to say to your fans and supporters and sponsors?

Aphrodite:: I'm lacking in a lot of ways but thank you for cheering me on! I will practice harder to become a much better player. PS. StarTale Fighting !!
________________________________________
Aphrodite:'s Favorites!
Favorite Mouse: Zowie mico
Favorite Keyboard: Zowie gear Celeritas
Favorite Pro Player: hahaha Raibow <3
Favorite Team: Startale + Quantic
Favorite Food: Korea bbq
Favorite Color: Pink
Favorite Movie: Titanic , Avatar


-----------------------------
Links:
IronLadySc2.com
Follow us on Twiiter @IronLadyESL
Like us on Facebook: ESLIronLady
twitter.com/ThePharsideESL / ESL IEM NA Admin / WCS NA Qualifier Admin
jubil
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2602 Posts
January 17 2012 01:40 GMT
#2
Great interview! Hopefully we'll see her at Code A qualifiers soon.
Marineking-Polt-Maru-Fantasy-Solar-Xenocider-Suppy fighting!
RezChi
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2368 Posts
January 17 2012 01:45 GMT
#3
Aphrodite fighting!!
Lifan
Profile Joined August 2011
United States73 Posts
January 17 2012 01:57 GMT
#4
I was reading it, and I saw that she got into master league after just TWO WEEKS.

I wish I was Rainbow's Girlfriend.

Wait, that sounds so creepy....
How did the zergling get into my base?
zestzorb
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand776 Posts
January 17 2012 02:07 GMT
#5
On January 17 2012 10:57 Lifan wrote:
I was reading it, and I saw that she got into master league after just TWO WEEKS.

I wish I was Rainbow's Girlfriend.

Wait, that sounds so creepy....


And without any RTS experience. She's naturally gifted. I'd like to see how far she can go with proper training and coaching.
forSeohyun
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
504 Posts
January 17 2012 02:34 GMT
#6
Great interview, I really and often enjoy watching her stream, hoping she will continue to improve her game and continue to be awesome! She could become pretty damn good given time and practice!
Seohyun fan
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
January 17 2012 02:38 GMT
#7
Great interview. Loooove D4nny's style.
kiss kiss fall in love
Rabbet
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada404 Posts
January 17 2012 03:05 GMT
#8
This makes me excited! Girl gamers are awesome.
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
January 17 2012 03:07 GMT
#9
Korean masters in 2 weeks?!?

...

I'm not worthy!
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
swordboy
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada299 Posts
January 17 2012 03:09 GMT
#10
Didn't realize she and flo are teammate now, always good to see teamkills.
MarineKing | ThorZaIN | IMMvp | MMA | Sase | Sen | Kas
Gliche
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States811 Posts
January 17 2012 03:18 GMT
#11
Nice coaching skills, Rainbow. 2 weeks from zero 1v1 experience to Korean Masters. Godly impressive.
KT fighting~!! | Designing things is fun!
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
January 17 2012 03:19 GMT
#12
please qualify for code A asap ~~
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
Xenocidersc2
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States237 Posts
January 17 2012 03:23 GMT
#13
On January 17 2012 11:07 zestzorb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 10:57 Lifan wrote:
I was reading it, and I saw that she got into master league after just TWO WEEKS.

I wish I was Rainbow's Girlfriend.

Wait, that sounds so creepy....


And without any RTS experience. She's naturally gifted. I'd like to see how far she can go with proper training and coaching.

Masters in 2 weeks, placing straight into platinum all without any previous RTS experience. Thats amazing I don't care if IMMvp is coaching you.

Aphrodite fighting!!
redloser
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1751 Posts
January 17 2012 03:24 GMT
#14
On January 17 2012 10:57 Lifan wrote:
I was reading it, and I saw that she got into master league after just TWO WEEKS.

I wish I was Rainbow's Girlfriend.

Wait, that sounds so creepy....



LOL
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
January 17 2012 10:42 GMT
#15
On January 17 2012 12:09 swordboy wrote:
Didn't realize she and flo are teammate now, always good to see teamkills.


Well kind of, ones in StarTale and ones in Quantic but they have a partnership so it's like teammate.
Someone call down the Thunder?
PaPoolee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands660 Posts
January 17 2012 10:54 GMT
#16
Lmao she's higher rank/pts than EGMachine who is in her group O.O
pHaRSiDE
Profile Joined March 2011
United States752 Posts
January 17 2012 12:52 GMT
#17
Added the Korean battle.net account, sorry for the delay. And to clear up any confusion, I'm actually D4nny for those who don't know. It may be a little confusing since I'm known as pharside on starcraft :D
twitter.com/ThePharsideESL / ESL IEM NA Admin / WCS NA Qualifier Admin
PureBalls
Profile Joined January 2012
Austria383 Posts
January 17 2012 13:35 GMT
#18
On January 17 2012 11:07 zestzorb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 10:57 Lifan wrote:
I was reading it, and I saw that she got into master league after just TWO WEEKS.

I wish I was Rainbow's Girlfriend.

Wait, that sounds so creepy....


And without any RTS experience. She's naturally gifted. I'd like to see how far she can go with proper training and coaching.

She'll be the first sc2 bonjwa. Calling it.
soapyy.
Profile Joined October 2011
United States103 Posts
January 17 2012 16:03 GMT
#19
Great interview im sure soon enough that ladies will be the norm
www.twitch.tv/sirsoapyy A little bit of soul train is in everyone.
Huggerz
Profile Joined May 2011
Great Britain919 Posts
January 17 2012 16:34 GMT
#20
She's a great person, I hope she goes far I believe!
“It's like poker. You can play your best, but you've got to know when to fold your cards and take a rest, and know when to hold your cards, hold your breath and hope that nobody else is stacking the deck."
MetalSlug
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany443 Posts
January 17 2012 17:18 GMT
#21
I really hope that she will achieve Code A and shut up all the haters that show up on any girl+gaming related topic.
MKP | Maru | Nada | Boxer | Supernova | Keen
EchoZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan5041 Posts
January 17 2012 17:19 GMT
#22
She is loaded with talent.
Dear Sixsmith...
NyxRose
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States105 Posts
January 18 2012 01:42 GMT
#23
Nice interview, pHaRSiDE!
kochujang
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-18 02:06:40
January 18 2012 02:06 GMT
#24
Nice interview. Looking forward to seeing Aphrodite in Code A!
KicKDoG
Profile Joined December 2003
Sweden765 Posts
January 18 2012 02:10 GMT
#25
Watched her game vs LzGamer on his stream!
http://www.twitter.com/KicKDoG_LoL baylife plox?
MetalLobster
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada532 Posts
January 18 2012 02:14 GMT
#26
Wow she is even taking time off her studies! Great interview, I hope to see her in the GSL soon!
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
January 18 2012 02:26 GMT
#27
Wow, that is a lot of talent, if she can reach masters in Korea that quickly. There are a lot of top foreign progamers that are masters in Korea, if she can reach it with ease, she might be comparable in skill to many western pros, and we still have not seen her full potential yet.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
CatNzHat
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1599 Posts
January 18 2012 02:28 GMT
#28
I think Aphrodite will destroy flo, no offense to her, she's a solid masters player, but last time I played her TvT she went bio, and it didn't impress me that much.
pHaRSiDE
Profile Joined March 2011
United States752 Posts
January 18 2012 18:05 GMT
#29
On January 18 2012 10:42 NyxRose wrote:
Nice interview, pHaRSiDE!


ty!
twitter.com/ThePharsideESL / ESL IEM NA Admin / WCS NA Qualifier Admin
CatNzHat
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1599 Posts
January 18 2012 18:13 GMT
#30
On January 18 2012 11:26 Bagration wrote:
Wow, that is a lot of talent, if she can reach masters in Korea that quickly. There are a lot of top foreign progamers that are masters in Korea, if she can reach it with ease, she might be comparable in skill to many western pros, and we still have not seen her full potential yet.


There is a huge range of skill levels within masters, I may be masters on KR, but that doesn't mean I'm as good as SlayerS_Ganzi
Rinny
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States616 Posts
January 18 2012 18:14 GMT
#31
The red shade in the picture makes her look scary >_<
Where my swarm at? Ye Yeee
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 18 2012 18:24 GMT
#32
Nice to see she's improving. Being so close with another progamer surely help.
If i understand it tho, she and Rainbow don't live at the Startale house ? I though Rainbow was living there.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
January 18 2012 18:30 GMT
#33
On January 19 2012 03:24 Noocta wrote:
Nice to see she's improving. Being so close with another progamer surely help.
If i understand it tho, she and Rainbow don't live at the Startale house ? I though Rainbow was living there.


Rainbow doesn't live in the Startale house and in the interview she says that she lives 5mins away from Rainbow but the Startale house is at 1h30mins from there. So they both go there from time to time but they're mostly at rainbow's house
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
Rubber
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States150 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-18 18:45:02
January 18 2012 18:44 GMT
#34
Like others have said, reaching master league on the korean server in 3 weeks with no previous RTS experience is pretty amazing, regardless of who your coach is. Aphrodite fighting!
"DONT TOUCH ME WITH THAT @#$%ING PROBE." User was probed for this post.
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
January 18 2012 18:55 GMT
#35
On January 17 2012 22:35 PureBalls wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 11:07 zestzorb wrote:
On January 17 2012 10:57 Lifan wrote:
I was reading it, and I saw that she got into master league after just TWO WEEKS.

I wish I was Rainbow's Girlfriend.

Wait, that sounds so creepy....


And without any RTS experience. She's naturally gifted. I'd like to see how far she can go with proper training and coaching.

She'll be the first sc2 bonjwa. Calling it.


your name is very fitting for the comment
statikg
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada930 Posts
January 18 2012 21:00 GMT
#36
You guys are shameless fanboys, I watched the finals of the Zowie Tournament and those two are not even high masters material in NA. Equal to western pros lmao.

User was warned for this post
pHaRSiDE
Profile Joined March 2011
United States752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-18 21:03:53
January 18 2012 21:03 GMT
#37
On January 19 2012 06:00 statikg wrote:
You guys are shameless fanboys, I watched the finals of the Zowie Tournament and those two are not even high masters material in NA. Equal to western pros lmao.


http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1676102/1/Ferrari/

You were saying? Should probably learn to read just a little bit before flaming ignorance
twitter.com/ThePharsideESL / ESL IEM NA Admin / WCS NA Qualifier Admin
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
January 18 2012 21:05 GMT
#38
Great interview, always fun to see when she and rainbow plays 2v2, they're constantly teasing eachother
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
January 18 2012 21:05 GMT
#39
she never played bw? no rts background? hard to believe. but if it is true, then she is very talented.
Theovide
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden914 Posts
January 18 2012 21:11 GMT
#40
Great interview! Oh and, I had no idea she had only played for such a short time, it would be so awesome if she managed to get code A!
Theovide
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden914 Posts
January 18 2012 21:13 GMT
#41
On January 19 2012 03:13 CatNzHat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 11:26 Bagration wrote:
Wow, that is a lot of talent, if she can reach masters in Korea that quickly. There are a lot of top foreign progamers that are masters in Korea, if she can reach it with ease, she might be comparable in skill to many western pros, and we still have not seen her full potential yet.


There is a huge range of skill levels within masters, I may be masters on KR, but that doesn't mean I'm as good as SlayerS_Ganzi

She said top 300 in masters, though I do not know how many master players there are in Korea, I doubt top 300 isn't high masters.
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
January 18 2012 21:17 GMT
#42
On January 19 2012 06:13 Theovide wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2012 03:13 CatNzHat wrote:
On January 18 2012 11:26 Bagration wrote:
Wow, that is a lot of talent, if she can reach masters in Korea that quickly. There are a lot of top foreign progamers that are masters in Korea, if she can reach it with ease, she might be comparable in skill to many western pros, and we still have not seen her full potential yet.


There is a huge range of skill levels within masters, I may be masters on KR, but that doesn't mean I'm as good as SlayerS_Ganzi

She said top 300 in masters, though I do not know how many master players there are in Korea, I doubt top 300 isn't high masters.

Yeah, she's not progamer material but she's pretty good. Top amateur, lower pro probs. Maybe a B team pro with the right connections, like being a progamers gf.
Liquid | SKT
arterian
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1157 Posts
January 18 2012 21:18 GMT
#43
I would like to see female gamers do well as much as the next person, but forgive me for not being optimistic about someone with 50% W/L on NA ladder masters getting Code A when it took players like Puma have never even qualified.
http://www.twitch.tv/arterian
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
January 18 2012 21:23 GMT
#44
I would rock that pink keyboard so hard... That thing is awesome!
Why?
Bedrock
Profile Joined October 2010
United States395 Posts
January 18 2012 21:23 GMT
#45
One thing's for sure, she is extremely pretty. If the pro-gaming doesn't work out, I'm pretty sure she can get some type of modeling/acting job.

Good luck to her, she seems legit so far.
eSports or die tryin'
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27445 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-18 21:56:24
January 18 2012 21:44 GMT
#46
Good luck to her, and she obviously has some ability. I have grown to not buy any of the backstories that are released about people though. 2 weeks, no RTS experience and gets into Masters on Korea? Really? If so that is of course impressive, but I take such claims with a pinch of salt ever since it became accepted as fact that Stephano apparently got this good by only laddering on EU for 3 hours a day.

I'm interested to see how they use her, will she be introduced to the GSTL this season perhaps, or will they just let her develop at her own pace until she is good enough to have achieved qualification for individual leagues?

People should be allowed to criticise the elevation of female players to pro-teams above and beyond equally/more gifted male counterparts. Note I am talking about considered criticism which is entirely distinct from idiotic, misogynist flaming.

Well done TL by the way, read the first couple of pages here and not one referenced her looks, we're getting better!
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
arterian
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1157 Posts
January 18 2012 21:49 GMT
#47
On January 19 2012 06:44 Wombat_NI wrote:
Well down TL by the way, read the first couple of pages here and not one referenced her looks, we're getting better!


Well, from what I've seen she hasn't had gains in her career simply because she's female, like being added to a professional team or something despite being gold league. That's usually what the controversy is.
http://www.twitch.tv/arterian
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27445 Posts
January 18 2012 21:57 GMT
#48
On January 19 2012 06:49 arterian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2012 06:44 Wombat_NI wrote:
Well down TL by the way, read the first couple of pages here and not one referenced her looks, we're getting better!


Well, from what I've seen she hasn't had gains in her career simply because she's female, like being added to a professional team or something despite being gold league. That's usually what the controversy is.

Well yeah, that said there are still better male players than her who aren't in pro teams, but her level is sufficient that it isn't a particularly objectionable recruitment.

Also happy birthday man
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Kafkaesk
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany140 Posts
January 18 2012 21:58 GMT
#49
Playing SC2 for 2 weeks and become a master without any gaming experience, especially RTS before hand? That's just a lie, plain and simple.
Show me one guy/girl who got to a professional level in ANYTHING in just several weeks withouht any training or experience before hand.
If she's telling the truth, respect. You're the first human being achieving such a thing. But i highly doubt it.
kochujang
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1226 Posts
January 19 2012 01:44 GMT
#50
On January 19 2012 06:58 Kafkaesk wrote:
Playing SC2 for 2 weeks and become a master without any gaming experience, especially RTS before hand? That's just a lie, plain and simple.
Show me one guy/girl who got to a professional level in ANYTHING in just several weeks withouht any training or experience before hand.
If she's telling the truth, respect. You're the first human being achieving such a thing. But i highly doubt it.

If you read the interview, she played SC2 2v2 a while, before trying 1v1 ladder for the first time and subsequently getting into masters.
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
January 19 2012 01:47 GMT
#51
i was thinking why the name sounded familiar. same name as the, also very good looking lady, world champion pool player

excellent, wish her the best
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
HuKPOWA
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1604 Posts
January 19 2012 01:49 GMT
#52
now this...is a female progamer im glad got picked up...she has the talent and the drive
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1027
ComeBackTV 716
SteadfastSC603
TaKeTV 432
IndyStarCraft 136
Rex112
EnkiAlexander 68
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 603
IndyStarCraft 136
ProTech132
Rex 112
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 49424
Bisu 2147
Horang2 1284
EffOrt 952
Hyuk 608
Soma 606
BeSt 537
Mini 485
Light 431
Larva 300
[ Show more ]
Rush 238
ZerO 212
910 94
Mong 85
Leta 74
firebathero 64
Sea.KH 61
Pusan 57
Snow 51
ToSsGirL 39
Sexy 38
Mind 36
JYJ 29
Aegong 29
Yoon 25
Bale 22
Terrorterran 17
Shine 15
Trap 14
Rock 13
Noble 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7171
qojqva949
Counter-Strike
Fnx 761
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1501
Khaldor1087
Lowko523
Other Games
singsing2030
olofmeister1585
hiko1272
Beastyqt620
B2W.Neo409
Livibee198
Hui .181
Liquid`VortiX149
XaKoH 127
KnowMe94
ArmadaUGS90
djWHEAT77
Mew2King75
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 15
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 33
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3148
Other Games
• Shiphtur165
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 22m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 22m
Online Event
20h 22m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.