• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:53
CEST 09:53
KST 16:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8944 users

Interview with coLMVP Keen

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
yoonstar91
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
88 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-29 23:24:27
November 29 2011 23:20 GMT
#1
[image loading]

“The Nuke Boy” Hwang "(T)Keen" Kyo Seok now has a higher chance of returning to Code S.

On the 29th at the Sony Ericson GSL Season 7 Code A Round 2, coLMVP (T)Keen defeated Jung "(Z)YuGiOh"Seung Il of the SlayerS team 2:0 to proceed on to the Round 3.

If you win one more time, you qualify for Code S. How do you feel?

I’m actually not that happy. My next match is against EG. (P)HuK therefore I am already busy planning on how I should play him. Since Code S is on the line, I’ll have to try and prepare myself very calmly.

Both of your games were quite long. Was that your plan coming in to the match?

It’s because of the map. The first map Daybreak is a very big map and BelShir Beach tends to favor the Zerg. Therefore I wanted to play very safe and that’s why the games ended up being long.

In the 1st set, you were not very successful with the hellions.

I made a lot of Hellions, but I was not able to do any damage at all. And my next attack did not work out too well either, but I knew that I still had a chance at winning if I prolonged the game at the map Daybreak. Therefore I was not too worried.

In the 2nd set, you tried to harass a lot. Was it because the map favored Zerg?

My build for the 1st and 2nd set was very similar, but I messed up a little with my build in the second set. Therefore I tried to harass a lot in order to start well.

Watching the two long games, one will realize that Keen is playing better now.

I’ve been practicing a lot with my team a lot with the late game. But it’s still hard to do well in a match, especially when you’re hands are getting cold fast, making the later half of the game even harder to play.

Isn’t it normal for players to get warmed up as the games progress?

I’ve been playing games with my hands cold. I guess there’s really no solution to my problem. I guess I’ll just have to deal with my cold hands.

Your next match is against Huk.

With the new patch, it is true that TvP is much more difficult. But if I get the right concept, I think I’ll be able to do well against him.

If you lose at the Round 3, you have to go to the Up-Down Matches. I’m sure you don’t want to go there.

If I lose to (P)HuK, I still think I’ll be able to make it to Code S through the Up-down Matches. I am not worried too much about it.

Anything more to say?

A great friend of mine since middle school, (Z)Leenock, has just made it to the Code S Finals. I hope he wins. If he ever needs to practice with me, I’ll be more than happy to help him out. Also I hope our new trainee in the team MVP, Ryoo “(T)Bizzy” Jung Woo, will continue to work hard and become a great player soon.

Original Article

Enjoy!
Translated by Kevin
hTRen
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada55 Posts
November 29 2011 23:25 GMT
#2
Good interview! Keen's got a funny personality
DeltruS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2214 Posts
November 29 2011 23:25 GMT
#3
HuK will be travelling a ton due to NASL, so Keen will have an advantage in that department.
http://grooveshark.com/#/deltrus/music
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-29 23:28:37
November 29 2011 23:28 GMT
#4
Heh, I think he might have a better chance of getting to code S via up-downs than going through Huk, despite travel.

I hope he figures out how to deal with cold hands and says what his solution is, I get the same problem sometimes.

thanks for the translation!
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
November 29 2011 23:30 GMT
#5
I've always liked Keen, I get the sads when Tastosis diss him


Nice interview - glad he's confident in being able to make it to Code S.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
November 29 2011 23:31 GMT
#6
dude, thanks for the interview translations.
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
November 29 2011 23:33 GMT
#7
thanks for the translation. I hope to see him in Code S with newly regained confidence again, missing his ceremonies...

Talking about ceremonies, who tried to imitate MC (who drank a can of pepsi and crushed it in his fist), but chocked on his drink?
VeryAverage
Profile Joined January 2011
United States424 Posts
November 29 2011 23:37 GMT
#8
Cmon Keen, my favorite player. I feel like I'll be the only one rooting for him against Huk.
simmeh
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada2511 Posts
November 29 2011 23:40 GMT
#9
some of my favorite .gif's are based on keen, so i support this man!
byah!
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
November 29 2011 23:46 GMT
#10
Obligatory posts:
+ Show Spoiler [Keen being Keen] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [More Keen] +
[image loading]


Can't make a thread about Keen without them.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
gradotude
Profile Joined October 2009
United States196 Posts
November 29 2011 23:52 GMT
#11
i agree with Keen:

GOOO LEENOCK!!
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
November 30 2011 04:28 GMT
#12
Rofl Keen is awesome, we need more awesome celebrations like the sunglasses one
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
November 30 2011 04:30 GMT
#13
I've said it before. I love seeing Keen win.

GO KEEEN!
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
November 30 2011 04:30 GMT
#14
Keen is a baller. Thanks for translating this.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
November 30 2011 04:30 GMT
#15
On November 30 2011 08:46 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Obligatory posts:
+ Show Spoiler [Keen being Keen] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [More Keen] +
[image loading]


Can't make a thread about Keen without them.


^^ haha, yeah, I love those pics. I edited them into my OP the minute I saw these last night.

Great interview, thank you for the thread!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Barburas
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom247 Posts
November 30 2011 04:32 GMT
#16
Thanks I always really liked Keen.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-30 04:33:55
November 30 2011 04:33 GMT
#17
Someone ask Keen why he doesn't do ceremonies anymore. The Keen Clap and Keen Gun were nothing short of awesome.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
November 30 2011 04:55 GMT
#18
On November 30 2011 13:33 red4ce wrote:
Someone ask Keen why he doesn't do ceremonies anymore. The Keen Clap and Keen Gun were nothing short of awesome.


I think someone did, and I think a part of it has become his confidence. He hasn't done a half decent ceremony since he lost to Nada I believe and then became obsessed =P
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
November 30 2011 05:53 GMT
#19
On November 30 2011 13:55 bittman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2011 13:33 red4ce wrote:
Someone ask Keen why he doesn't do ceremonies anymore. The Keen Clap and Keen Gun were nothing short of awesome.


I think someone did, and I think a part of it has become his confidence. He hasn't done a half decent ceremony since he lost to Nada I believe and then became obsessed =P


If beating Nada is what it takes for Keen to bring his ceremonies back, then so be it. I will even root for Keen over Nada.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1379
BeSt 305
Soulkey 204
Soma 188
sorry 122
Mind 71
Bale 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Counter-Strike
edward214
Other Games
summit1g9039
Coldzera 698
WinterStarcraft698
C9.Mang0248
Sick216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick712
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2200
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 7m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 7m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.