• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:23
CEST 12:23
KST 19:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9291 users

MLG player is wasting bandwidth - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Rimah
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany34 Posts
October 16 2011 18:37 GMT
#21
I'm not able two get 2 streams on mid quality running without lags and I have 3mbit (not much, but I can open 2 720p streams on twitch just fine).
And mid quality is not even equal to the 480 option on other stream sites.
LaM
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States1321 Posts
October 16 2011 18:38 GMT
#22
I thought there was going to be a player at MLG downloading tons of porn or something. I am disappoint.
Anything is Possible
Xingke
Profile Joined August 2005
United States78 Posts
October 16 2011 18:39 GMT
#23
On October 17 2011 02:41 btx0 wrote:

This may not be a big deal for most individuals, because I'm guessing the average viewer has enough bandwidth to watch Ultra + Medium at least twice


Wish this applied to me. I haven't watched this MLG but every previous one I've watched I couldn't even watch one stream on medium without slight buffering. Watching on low was the only way for it to not skip.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
October 16 2011 18:46 GMT
#24
Yes, I too also found that it just steals my entire connection, up to 7mbps.

I have to constantly restart my browser and manually open up the embed on TL again.

This problem always persists when I switch to Ultra quality and switch between Blue and Red stream.
Skol
Arachne
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
South Africa426 Posts
October 16 2011 18:50 GMT
#25
I have this problem on chrome.
Player always loads as medium for MLG
If I were a rich man, I wouldn't be here
CEPEHDREI
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1521 Posts
October 16 2011 19:18 GMT
#26
had to restart my internet 2 times now. thought it was something else but after seeing this thread im sure its the MLG player causing the problemes
Beardedclam
Profile Joined September 2010
United States839 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 19:21:52
October 16 2011 19:21 GMT
#27
Is this why it lags sometimes if I switch qualities but when I refresh the page it doesn't lag any more? It seems different from what you are saying but still it's pretty similar.
"bye bye" - genius "#$@% you" - Idra------------|Genius|DRG|Keen|---------Breakfast.213
Slakkoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden1119 Posts
October 16 2011 19:21 GMT
#28
How come my player is like showing the MLG logo and stuttering so much, I should be able to watch :/
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
October 16 2011 19:28 GMT
#29
MLG needs to do alot of work on their player. The volume function does not even work for me. If the stream starts on 0%, I cannot turn the volume on without setting it to 100% and refreshing the stream. It's really annoying actually after 3 or 4 MLG's this problem has stayed consistent and has not been fixed.

Ontop of that, there's huge problems when I watch MLG on my other computer which uses Adblock. It's the computer which is across my room attached to my TV (Liek a HTPC but old gaming PC) and I have to refresh it every time they play an ad. Like really MLG?
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
Spray
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States402 Posts
October 16 2011 19:28 GMT
#30
On October 17 2011 04:21 Slakkoo wrote:
How come my player is like showing the MLG logo and stuttering so much, I should be able to watch :/

This is exactly what is happening to me...T.T
HuK Fighting~~!
Raisauce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada864 Posts
October 16 2011 19:30 GMT
#31
no wonder last mlg my bandwidth went over my limit
moltenlead
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada866 Posts
October 16 2011 19:36 GMT
#32
Yeah, my limits are brutal courtesy of Canada's telecom oligopoly, and this doesn't help T_T
Russano
Profile Joined November 2010
United States434 Posts
October 16 2011 19:36 GMT
#33
I thought this thread was gonna be out some player watching porn or something at MLG and absolutely raping their bandwith ><.
creepcolony
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 19:37:40
October 16 2011 19:36 GMT
#34
I noticed that too.
I got a net meter on my desktop which is what made me recognize it.

Even switching between red and blue stream in ultra quality adds up for me.
After 3-4 switches i need to restart the whole page to get rid of that. Bandwith used is up to 1.5 MB/s.
Should be around 0.5 MB/s for the ultra stream.
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 19:39:54
October 16 2011 19:37 GMT
#35
On October 17 2011 04:36 moltenlead wrote:
Yeah, my limits are brutal courtesy of Canada's telecom oligopoly, and this doesn't help T_T

More like central & eastern canada. I get a ridiculously good deal from shaw. I have access to 250down. Dont speak for all of Canada. Not our fault you have not put more pressure on your telecomm companies and provincial government to improve their service.

50down 2.7up, $30 a month with 400gb limit from shaw.
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
gobrin
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada96 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 19:38:42
October 16 2011 19:38 GMT
#36
On October 17 2011 03:25 Nemireck wrote:
If you use Chrome this isn't an issue.


I tried on IE Chrome and Firefox and all 3 have this same problem, so it seems you are incorrect.
storm44
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1293 Posts
October 16 2011 19:39 GMT
#37
I have to restart my stream after every match, don't know if bandwidth is the reason
nalgene
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada2153 Posts
October 16 2011 19:42 GMT
#38
they could try streaming in 10bit from 8...( 20-40% less bandwidth for the same quality )
Year 2500 Greater Israel ( Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Gaza Strip, West Bank, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen )
iiifated
Profile Joined July 2011
United States76 Posts
October 16 2011 19:48 GMT
#39
I was also going make a post about this, and I have some additional about it.

This problem also happens a lot when you are watching vod and switch vods. So if I pick a vod, switch to ultra, pick another vod, switch to ultra, pick a third vod, switch to ultra, I will no longer be able to watch because it lags to lack of bandwidth.

Here's proof
[image loading]
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
October 16 2011 19:53 GMT
#40
This doesn't explain the black stream when watching quad view or does it?

I have separate now and no problems but when watching quad view one stream always goes black for a while, which causing me to refresh whole quad view and missing lots of seconds.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 11651
StarCastTV_EN238
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 291
Lowko198
ProTech88
Rex 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 8404
EffOrt 3872
BeSt 1260
Larva 1035
Hyuk 689
Horang2 675
ZerO 669
Zeus 208
Hyun 195
Killer 135
[ Show more ]
Light 133
Stork 133
Barracks 111
Rush 71
Shinee 44
Yoon 40
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 30
Terrorterran 24
Mong 23
PianO 21
Sacsri 17
HiyA 8
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
sorry 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 655
XcaliburYe344
League of Legends
KnowMe36
Counter-Strike
byalli751
Other Games
singsing2001
olofmeister1450
crisheroes234
Livibee185
Sick147
ArmadaUGS56
Mew2King53
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 167
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• StrangeGG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1979
• Stunt426
Other Games
• WagamamaTV156
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
37m
Rex35
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.