• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:18
CEST 19:18
KST 02:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8815 users

Barcraft LA!!!!

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Normal
DeathSquad
Profile Joined February 2011
United States15 Posts
August 24 2011 00:29 GMT
#1
Ok, somebody had to go ahead and finally do it. Before you fellow nerds get too excited, lemme just say, this will NOT be for MLG Raleigh.

Before I went ahead and laid the groundwork for this thing I need to know a few things.

1. Who would actually be interested in attending

2. Where should we hold it?
- Three choices: West Side, San Fernando Valley, or somewhere near Downtown

If I get enough interest and feedback I'll get the ball rollin right away. Sick and tired of hearing people offering to drive all the way to OC or SD trying to get their Starcraft on. It's about time it finally made it's way to the heart of the West Coast. All you LA nerds holla if you wanna make this happen.
No Mercy, No Prisoners
Phtes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States370 Posts
August 24 2011 00:33 GMT
#2
20 min drive for me from Downtown (Rowland Heights QQ), so I vote downtown. Also is it going to be a weekly thing or just for events like Finals etc?
I'm Your Phtes o.0 **SKT1 For Life!**
DeathSquad
Profile Joined February 2011
United States15 Posts
August 24 2011 00:38 GMT
#3
Really depends on the level of feedback. At the moment, it would only be for events such as finals or other big games between known players.
No Mercy, No Prisoners
nemui
Profile Joined February 2011
United States17 Posts
August 24 2011 00:42 GMT
#4
ill would definitely go. i live in the west side, so its pretty easy to go to any of those options.
stork4ever
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1036 Posts
August 24 2011 00:42 GMT
#5
Do it in the SGV!
deeshoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States319 Posts
August 24 2011 00:56 GMT
#6
Wish this happened sooner before I left Los Angeles, posting for support!
gl hf :D
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 01:14:43
August 24 2011 01:14 GMT
#7
WESTWOOD MOTHAFUCKA

No but seriously, I'm down.

I'll help if I can to set up too. I'm just too shy to do it alone >>
Dakure
Profile Joined February 2011
United States513 Posts
August 24 2011 01:16 GMT
#8
On August 24 2011 10:14 TheRageKage12 wrote:
WESTWOOD MOTHAFUCKA

No but seriously, I'm down.

I'll help if I can to set up too. I'm just too shy to do it alone >>

This.
kethers
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 01:20:24
August 24 2011 01:18 GMT
#9
I live in West Hollywood, let me know if you need help setting up!


On August 24 2011 09:42 stork4ever wrote:
Do it in the SGV!


San Gabriel Valley would be even better I think, more Asian nerds there, lol. My family lives in Rosemead area, so I'd be willing to go to SGV as well
Seki Santoku
Profile Joined July 2010
United States105 Posts
August 24 2011 01:20 GMT
#10
I use to work in west hollywood, at blowfish sushi. :D
"LiquidNony fighting"
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
August 24 2011 01:20 GMT
#11
On August 24 2011 10:16 Dakure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 10:14 TheRageKage12 wrote:
WESTWOOD MOTHAFUCKA

No but seriously, I'm down.

I'll help if I can to set up too. I'm just too shy to do it alone >>

This.


Power in numbers my brothers.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
lunchrush
Profile Joined March 2011
United States138 Posts
August 24 2011 01:21 GMT
#12
On August 24 2011 10:16 Dakure wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 10:14 TheRageKage12 wrote:
WESTWOOD MOTHAFUCKA

No but seriously, I'm down.

I'll help if I can to set up too. I'm just too shy to do it alone >>

This.

Thirded.
There is no order in the world around us, we must adapt ourselves to the requirements of chaos instead. -Kurt Vonnegut
Conquerer67
Profile Joined May 2011
United States605 Posts
August 24 2011 01:41 GMT
#13
West side is closest to me, but if we could put it in Compton, I know some guys.

On topic: Good idea, let's do it and throw down
I hate when people compare SC2 and rochambeu. One race isn't fucking supposed to counter another one. | Protoss isn't OP. Their units on the other hand....
1thief
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4 Posts
August 24 2011 02:35 GMT
#14
On August 24 2011 10:21 lunchrush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 10:16 Dakure wrote:
On August 24 2011 10:14 TheRageKage12 wrote:
WESTWOOD MOTHAFUCKA

No but seriously, I'm down.

I'll help if I can to set up too. I'm just too shy to do it alone >>

This.

Thirded.



So I heard we should do this in Westwood
effort is free. not as in beer, not as in source. effort is free like love.
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
August 24 2011 02:47 GMT
#15
On August 24 2011 10:41 Conquerer67 wrote:
West side is closest to me, but if we could put it in Compton, I know some guys.

On topic: Good idea, let's do it and throw down


I'd prefer not to be shot.
Thank God and gunrun.
_bang
Profile Joined August 2011
5 Posts
August 24 2011 03:02 GMT
#16
since ill be at ucla in a month, ill have to agree with westwood!
JayKayJK
Profile Joined December 2010
126 Posts
August 24 2011 03:04 GMT
#17
Perhaps a compromise? Sheman Oaks area? That way people from the SF Valley, Westside, and downtown have similar distances to travel?
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
August 24 2011 03:22 GMT
#18
You guys are looking too small, LA can easily support half a dozen locations.
Thank God and gunrun.
Saline
Profile Joined February 2008
United States73 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 03:26:56
August 24 2011 03:26 GMT
#19
Whoops, wrong thread sorry. ^^
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
August 24 2011 03:31 GMT
#20
San Fernando Valley
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Murrr
Profile Joined March 2011
27 Posts
August 24 2011 03:56 GMT
#21
Downtown pl0x
Shadico
Profile Joined April 2011
United States32 Posts
August 24 2011 05:04 GMT
#22
On August 24 2011 11:47 Primadog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 10:41 Conquerer67 wrote:
West side is closest to me, but if we could put it in Compton, I know some guys.

On topic: Good idea, let's do it and throw down


I'd prefer not to be shot.



Eh, nowadays compton is more of a Mexican area. Theres still a few bad streets, but it isn't even close to how bad it was a decade ago.


I'm all for going. I'm in Downey myself, so I think Downtown would be closer, but downtown traffic is always horrific. Dunno if it would actually be faster or not, lol. Ugh, the 5. *shudder*
There ain't nothin' to it, Day[9] made me do it!
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
August 24 2011 05:28 GMT
#23
I'd say Westside. Santa Monica would be awesome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
Ncage
Profile Joined October 2009
United States91 Posts
August 24 2011 05:34 GMT
#24
I'm going to be living in Sherman Oaks (San Fernando Valley) so that would be a dream come true if I could walk to a SC bar.

But Westwood seems to make a fair amount of sense. I bet more than a handful of UCLA nerds would love to have a nice SC hangout. Also its really far away from USC so, you know, what could be better than that?
aNDRoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States637 Posts
August 24 2011 05:39 GMT
#25
Westside!
Hi. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.
alant
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7 Posts
August 24 2011 05:40 GMT
#26
I would go and SGV or Westwood would be best for me
djdubshift
Profile Joined June 2010
United States4 Posts
August 24 2011 06:06 GMT
#27
On August 24 2011 12:22 Primadog wrote:
You guys are looking too small, LA can easily support half a dozen locations.


Maybe not half a dozen, but LA is a HUGE area, and a lot of people will be there even if you split barcraft LA among two or three places. So maybe choose the top two or three places that are suggested and have people in each of those areas set up the events? I think that sounds pretty reasonable.

As for me, Downtown/K-twon ftw.
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
August 24 2011 08:55 GMT
#28
On August 24 2011 15:06 djdubshift wrote:
Maybe not half a dozen, but LA is a HUGE area, and a lot of people will be there even if you split barcraft LA among two or three places.


Yeah, my first thought was that you'd get the thing going and 2000 people would show up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
Evangelist
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1246 Posts
August 24 2011 09:15 GMT
#29
I wish we could get something like this going UK side, but sadly I think we're a generation behind even the US in terms of e-sports acceptance. Good luck!
Hikikomori
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3 Posts
August 24 2011 10:12 GMT
#30
I'm already halfway through setting one up. It may be best for us to join forces. Let me know. I have possible locations in SFV, Northhollywood, and Downtown.
Writer at Wow-achievements.com
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
August 24 2011 10:13 GMT
#31
If you can get ones ready for Raleigh, send me a pm.
Thank God and gunrun.
crojar
Profile Joined August 2010
United States59 Posts
August 24 2011 13:45 GMT
#32
All the Westwood suggesters UCLA students?
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
August 24 2011 13:51 GMT
#33
I would say SFV but hey they are all pretty close so doesn't really matter.

let me know if any help is needed!
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
LSC110
Profile Joined August 2011
1 Post
August 24 2011 19:30 GMT
#34
Hey Guys, totally new to all of this but I work for a bar and restaurant in Hollywood that might be interested in showing "Barcraft" could someone provide me with a little more info on how I could get this moving? Thanks!
mucker
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1120 Posts
August 24 2011 19:36 GMT
#35
Westside
It's supposed to be automatic but actually you have to press this button.
EcterA
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States949 Posts
August 24 2011 19:39 GMT
#36
I'm all for this. I'm in Los Feliz so downtown works or west side...I'm willing to drive.
dbosworld
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States317 Posts
August 24 2011 19:41 GMT
#37
Well if your Title is Barcraft LA, it wouldn't be up north like in the OP. I would say you get the most results somewhere between LA and SD.
Former CAL-I/CPL CounterStrike Player - Halo1PC CPL/CAL Player
Conquerer67
Profile Joined May 2011
United States605 Posts
August 25 2011 00:11 GMT
#38
On August 24 2011 14:04 Shadico wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 11:47 Primadog wrote:
On August 24 2011 10:41 Conquerer67 wrote:
West side is closest to me, but if we could put it in Compton, I know some guys.

On topic: Good idea, let's do it and throw down


I'd prefer not to be shot.



Eh, nowadays compton is more of a Mexican area. Theres still a few bad streets, but it isn't even close to how bad it was a decade ago.


I'm all for going. I'm in Downey myself, so I think Downtown would be closer, but downtown traffic is always horrific. Dunno if it would actually be faster or not, lol. Ugh, the 5. *shudder*


The five is retarded during rush hour. Which for some reason manages to extend throughout the entire day.

And as for gangland, it is turning mexican, but there are still a lot of black gangs spread throughout. It's gonna take awhile for the Kings to spread in and take over.
I hate when people compare SC2 and rochambeu. One race isn't fucking supposed to counter another one. | Protoss isn't OP. Their units on the other hand....
HelixDnB
Profile Joined March 2011
United States34 Posts
August 25 2011 01:06 GMT
#39
I live in Burbank - so anywhere near there would be dope.
"Shouting bite-sized self-assuring snippets of random thoughts into the air is basically how our generation communicates now."
aNDRoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States637 Posts
August 25 2011 07:51 GMT
#40
Not sure if I can make one this weekend, but one is somewhat in the works.
Hi. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.
PhattY`
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 09:34:41
August 25 2011 09:32 GMT
#41
San Fernando Valley +1. From Burbank so pretty much everything is close by. Would be glad to help set this up if as well. Side note: gonna be best bar craft ever.
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
August 25 2011 16:42 GMT
#42
On August 25 2011 16:51 aNDRoM wrote:
Not sure if I can make one this weekend, but one is somewhat in the works.


Nice job!
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
August 25 2011 17:27 GMT
#43
Information about BarCrafts (not a typo) Los Angeles will be up later today :p
Thank God and gunrun.
aNDRoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States637 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 19:20:26
August 25 2011 19:19 GMT
#44
On August 26 2011 01:42 TheRageKage12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 16:51 aNDRoM wrote:
Not sure if I can make one this weekend, but one is somewhat in the works.


Nice job!


I had no part in organizing, so if the "nice job" was for that, I'll have to decline, but if it's just for posting, then thanks! :-)

On August 26 2011 02:27 Primadog wrote:
Information about BarCrafts (not a typo) Los Angeles will be up later today :p


w00t! Knew L.A. had to have a big enough scene to support multiple BarCrafts.
Hi. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.
TheRageKage12
Profile Joined November 2010
United States161 Posts
August 25 2011 22:53 GMT
#45
On August 26 2011 04:19 aNDRoM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 01:42 TheRageKage12 wrote:
On August 25 2011 16:51 aNDRoM wrote:
Not sure if I can make one this weekend, but one is somewhat in the works.


Nice job!


I had no part in organizing, so if the "nice job" was for that, I'll have to decline, but if it's just for posting, then thanks! :-)

Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 02:27 Primadog wrote:
Information about BarCrafts (not a typo) Los Angeles will be up later today :p


w00t! Knew L.A. had to have a big enough scene to support multiple BarCrafts.


You still get a nice job :D
trancey
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States430 Posts
August 25 2011 23:13 GMT
#46
Ironically, I was talking to the owners of the T-Boyles Pub in Pasadena, CA (http://www.tboylestavern.com/) about hosting a BarCraft very recently. My friends and I are regulars, we all play starcraft 2 as well.

This location has a sea of TVs, an upstairs viewing area fitted with beer pong tables, shuffle board, flip cup, darts, and pool tables. Also, a large projector screen and stage.

This bar is located just outside of Old Town Pasadena and other patrons could just bounce over to Barney's Beanery if they're looking for more sports.

aNDRoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States637 Posts
August 26 2011 02:10 GMT
#47
http://www.reddit.com/r/BarCraft/comments/juh6r/los_angeles_barcraft_confirmed_come_to_biergarten/
Hi. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.
UltraPorn
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 04:02:26
August 26 2011 03:55 GMT
#48
HANDLE IT, I live in Chatsworth so of course I'll lean towards SFV.
Ncage
Profile Joined October 2009
United States91 Posts
August 26 2011 03:57 GMT
#49
I live in Sherman Oaks but Westwood makes the most sense to me. Far away from those evil USC kids :D
FreezingAssassin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States455 Posts
August 26 2011 03:59 GMT
#50
Too bad i live on east D: But wouldnt it be easier to just make a poll in the OP? ;o

seems super sick though
"I love when stupid stuff happens, it makes me look smart" - IdrA
susySquark
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1692 Posts
August 26 2011 04:17 GMT
#51
CONFIRMED for K-Town. Please update OP?

http://www.reddit.com/r/BarCraft/comments/juh6r/los_angeles_barcraft_confirmed_come_to_biergarten/
DeathSquad
Profile Joined February 2011
United States15 Posts
August 26 2011 05:24 GMT
#52
I knew you were all out there! Ok, really stoked on the feedback here. So this is what's up:

Like I said before, what I'm trying to do isn't fore MLG Anaheim, but I encourage all of you to go to this event going on in K-Town. Hikikomori, Squark or Androm, any of you guys are involved in this, send me a PM or something. I'm heading out to NYC tomorrow and won't be back until after labor. Hopefully the hurricane doesn't get me.

After hearing what you all had to say I'm leaning toward Westwood or just on the other side Studio City/ Sherman Oaks. I understand the appeal of having it in Westwood and pulling the potential UCLA crowd.

Please keep the discussion going regarding where you would like this. Anyone who wants to actually lend a hand, start spreading the word. Come out of those nerd closets. Tell your friends. Be prepared. Barcraft is finally coming to LA.

If you dont believe dat shit, check out the article in the WSJ.
No Mercy, No Prisoners
iky43210
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2099 Posts
August 26 2011 10:29 GMT
#53
I'll go to LA to watch some barcraft.

where will the info be updated?
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-27 08:31:40
August 26 2011 11:21 GMT
#54
Your wish is my command.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=259194

Ventura - Green Forest
RSVP
5936 Telegraph Road
Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 339-9855
Sunday, August 28 from 2-6pm.
All age, non-alcoholic LAN center.

Anaheim - Noble Ale Works
RSVP
1621 S. Sinclair St. Ste B
Anaheim, CA 92806
(714) 634-2739
http://noblealeworks.com‎
Sunday, August 28 from 2-6pm.
All age(?) need confirmation. 21+ to drink.

Chino @ Odyssey Gaming
RSVP
14586 Pipeline Avenue
Chino, CA 91710-5635
(909) 393-3900
http://odyssey-gaming.com‎
Sunday, August 28 from 2-6pm.
All age! non-alcoholic LAN center.

KTown @ Biergarten
RSVP
206 North Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323) 466-4860
http://www.facebook.com/BiergartenLA
Sunday, August 28 from 12-6pm.
All age! 21+ to drink.
Thank God and gunrun.
mucker
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1120 Posts
August 26 2011 21:55 GMT
#55
See ya in ktown, nerds.
It's supposed to be automatic but actually you have to press this button.
Rodiel3
Profile Joined March 2011
France1158 Posts
August 26 2011 21:59 GMT
#56
Next time i go USA be sure ill go on those bar
http://www.youtube.com/user/rodiel3 SCBW FPVOD
LuMiNoUs
Profile Joined August 2010
United States14 Posts
August 26 2011 22:35 GMT
#57
I also have looked into getting a spot in Burbank, so send me a pm if you are interested in attending an event in Burbank so I can get an idea of who is interested.
"Yeah the classic forge expand into cancel nexus when see drone all in, put two cannons in your main then turtle up then 4 gate into nexus. MAN I FUCKING HATE THAT BUILD IT'S SO GODDAMN CHEAP" -Fandango
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
August 26 2011 22:38 GMT
#58
Go ahead and start talking to venues. We can coordinate in the future on which venue to use for each event

Thank God and gunrun.
CTRLTiLT
Profile Joined February 2011
69 Posts
August 27 2011 05:50 GMT
#59
near UCLA imo
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-27 08:42:24
August 27 2011 08:29 GMT
#60
Those that have been knocking doors (DeathSquad, tracey, etc), please do not stop your efforts because a few barcrafts finally popped up on the LA area. Los Angeles SC2 population is HUGE. To accomodate all of us, we need more than the ones Aksen and I tapped, we need a wide spread of venues that can be activate from event-to-event.

IE a traveling circuit of BarCrafts

So keep working your venues, post here and send me PMs when you got a hit. We will coordinate to make SoCal the envy of the StarCraft world
Thank God and gunrun.
Deathmanbob
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2356 Posts
September 06 2011 01:21 GMT
#61
SFV!!! for the love of god SFV! it would make going to CSUN worth it if i could get drunk and watch SC
No Artosis, you are robin
BarbarossaSC2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States75 Posts
September 19 2011 03:22 GMT
#62
I vote KOREATOWN Los Angeles, not only does this make the most sense, but it's central. UCLA nerds can make the trip from 1 bus or a subway ride. SGV people don't have to travel very far via freeways. K-Town is THE place to go, and I would throw SC2 after-parties so WHAT?
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
September 19 2011 03:24 GMT
#63
I actually live in the Valley. If you have one there, I'll probably go.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
acrequiem
Profile Joined March 2011
United States15 Posts
September 19 2011 05:08 GMT
#64
On September 19 2011 12:22 BarbarossaSC2 wrote:
I vote KOREATOWN Los Angeles, not only does this make the most sense, but it's central. UCLA nerds can make the trip from 1 bus or a subway ride. SGV people don't have to travel very far via freeways. K-Town is THE place to go, and I would throw SC2 after-parties so WHAT?


I second this motion! what better atmosphere to watch starcraft 2 than in korea town? otherwise, downtown LA is good too
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
September 19 2011 05:09 GMT
#65
Barcraft Los Angeles @ Biergarten in K-town will meet again for MLG Orlando and probably some other October events.
Thank God and gunrun.
jlake02
Profile Joined January 2011
United States395 Posts
September 19 2011 05:12 GMT
#66
If it's near the Valley I'll stop by. (Not for Orlando though, I'll be at the event.)
compLexity Gaming - @coL_Lake
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 19 2011 05:18 GMT
#67
Totally down to go to Barcraft wherever you decide to hold it.

Closer to Downtown would probably be better, there's a lot of variety to choose from as well.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
n0ah
Profile Joined June 2011
United States250 Posts
September 19 2011 05:37 GMT
#68
I'm down. I live near Long Beach, so LA isn't far at all. I will show up for sure though.
If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together
IanMalcolm
Profile Joined June 2011
United States11 Posts
September 19 2011 05:55 GMT
#69
Definitely will go just about anywhere. I live near downtown so that's best. Not a huge problem with other locations though. So glad this exists now... I couldn't believe LA didn't have a Barcraft sooner.
"God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs..."
MichaelDonovan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1453 Posts
September 19 2011 06:49 GMT
#70
If day9 wasn't casting I'm sure he would show up.
UltraPorn
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5 Posts
September 19 2011 17:44 GMT
#71
For those of you that don't know, we have a facebook group for Barcraft LA and I encourage everyone who plans on going to LA Barcrafts here to join it.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/164694956946585/

Also when you guys are on SC2 join the BarcraftLA channel, it's kind of slow right now, but hopefully it will become a big channel soon for everyone that goes to the barcrafts here.
Krayg
Profile Joined February 2011
United States15 Posts
September 22 2011 07:46 GMT
#72
Woot! Barcraft in LA! Are you guys planning to do an event for Code S or Code A Finals for the GSL October League?
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
September 25 2011 15:44 GMT
#73
On September 22 2011 16:46 Krayg wrote:
Woot! Barcraft in LA! Are you guys planning to do an event for Code S or Code A Finals for the GSL October League?


I think code s finals at blizzcon so I highly doubt it would go down..but I am just as excited for LA scene
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1163
SteadfastSC784
ComeBackTV 784
TaKeTV 548
IndyStarCraft 231
Rex131
EnkiAlexander 81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 784
IndyStarCraft 231
ProTech135
Rex 131
BRAT_OK 45
UpATreeSC 33
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40725
Shuttle 788
Mini 390
Larva 360
Rush 351
Dewaltoss 110
Hyuk 85
firebathero 82
Mong 72
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 30
Sexy 28
Bale 19
Rock 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9573
qojqva1769
Counter-Strike
fl0m1438
Fnx 805
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1581
Khaldor1249
Other Games
hiko1335
FrodaN1294
Beastyqt347
DeMusliM259
ArmadaUGS217
XBOCT215
Mlord137
KnowMe131
C9.Mang0104
XaKoH 101
QueenE85
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV234
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• poizon28 39
• StrangeGG 35
• Hinosc 21
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3710
Other Games
• imaqtpie408
• Shiphtur328
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 42m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 42m
Online Event
17h 42m
FEL
22h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.