• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:23
CEST 14:23
KST 21:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9676 users

[Int] GSL Super Ro64 D6 - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
SenorChang
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia4730 Posts
May 29 2011 02:41 GMT
#41
- Do you have any desire to win in foreign tournaments?
I want to go so badly. I want to have a rematch with Dimaga. When GSL has a break, and there are foreign tournaments, I really want to participate. But for now, I guess it is ok for participate in these Korean leagues. The GSL has the best prize money.


I hope Nestea applied for Dreamhack and gets invited ^_^ that would be sick.
Thanks Phosgene for the interviews as always :D
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
May 29 2011 02:43 GMT
#42
I don’t think I can do online. I don’t want to give any excuses, but I get really angry at the lag. Because of the lag, I don’t think I want to be in any online tournament in the future. It causes me a lot of stress without a lot of payoff.

Eat it, lag deniers.
SenorChang
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia4730 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 02:46:03
May 29 2011 02:45 GMT
#43
On May 29 2011 11:43 HolyArrow wrote:
I don’t think I can do online. I don’t want to give any excuses, but I get really angry at the lag. Because of the lag, I don’t think I want to be in any online tournament in the future. It causes me a lot of stress without a lot of payoff.

Eat it, lag deniers.

That's not really absolute, it's the opinion of one player. While lag exists it comes down to how the individual takes it - there are still a fair few Koreans who play online tournaments despite the lag.

I think it would be foolish to think there is no lag, everyone acknowledges it exists. Just comes down to how well they can acclimate to it.
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 03:02:18
May 29 2011 02:50 GMT
#44
On May 29 2011 11:45 SenorChang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 11:43 HolyArrow wrote:
I don’t think I can do online. I don’t want to give any excuses, but I get really angry at the lag. Because of the lag, I don’t think I want to be in any online tournament in the future. It causes me a lot of stress without a lot of payoff.

Eat it, lag deniers.

That's not really absolute, it's the opinion of one player. While lag exists it comes down to how the individual takes it - there are still a fair few Koreans who play online tournaments despite the lag.

I think it would be foolish to think there is no lag, everyone acknowledges it exists. Just comes down to how well they can acclimate to it.


My point is that it's bad enough to piss of a player like Nestea immensely, someone that we all know is one of the most beloved players and one of the best players in the world. Sure, there are some Korean players who deal with the lag. That's fine. It doesn't mean that the lag affects them any less than it does Nestea. Nestea's comment simply indicates to me that it does play a huge role in his ability to play well - something that many people were denying when he lost to Goody, for example. I'm just glad Nestea himself came out and just said it bluntly.

Oh, and when I used the term "lag denier", I meant for it to encompass anyone who may acknowledge lag but still insist that it doesn't matter much. It doesn't necessarily just mean people who don't think there's any lag at all. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people acknowledge lag yet claim that it hardly matters. Yet here's Nestea, saying that lag affects him so much that it makes him extremely angry to the point that he's not going to play online anymore. Coming from one of the greatest players in the world, that means a lot.
Disquiet
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia628 Posts
May 29 2011 04:34 GMT
#45
Phosgene your a legend for donig these, keep up the good work.


I think bomber doesn't want to play MKP because he got 2-0'd by him in the gainward tournament.
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 16:58:21
May 29 2011 09:35 GMT
#46
On May 29 2011 13:34 Disquiet wrote:
Phosgene your a legend for donig these, keep up the good work.


I think bomber doesn't want to play MKP because he got 2-0'd by him in the gainward tournament.

I don't think that's it, he wanted to defeat MC and Alicia cuz they have beaten him in the past. Maybe he just doesn't like MKP, he trained with TT1 to help him defeat MKP in the GSL WC for example.
WriterMaru
Flowjo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States928 Posts
May 29 2011 16:55 GMT
#47
seriously, lans ftw online tournaments are good too, but no where near the prestige of Lans. Nestea 2-1 Bomber yes?
IMNestea's biggest fan.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
May 29 2011 17:09 GMT
#48
Nestea vs Bomber will be epic (even if super hyped match often disappoint). Too bad it's not a bo5. In fact, too bad it's not a bo9 :D
fer
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada375 Posts
May 29 2011 17:21 GMT
#49
On May 29 2011 11:45 SenorChang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 11:43 HolyArrow wrote:
I don’t think I can do online. I don’t want to give any excuses, but I get really angry at the lag. Because of the lag, I don’t think I want to be in any online tournament in the future. It causes me a lot of stress without a lot of payoff.

Eat it, lag deniers.

That's not really absolute, it's the opinion of one player. While lag exists it comes down to how the individual takes it - there are still a fair few Koreans who play online tournaments despite the lag.

I think it would be foolish to think there is no lag, everyone acknowledges it exists. Just comes down to how well they can acclimate to it.


I agree 100% with this gentleman. It's like, you're going to play with your hands tied up, and maybe a blindfold. But worry not, it's ok; I'm going to let you know beforehand. If you wish to not prepare playing under this condition, there's no one else to blame but yourself. Acclimate dawg, plz.
WellPlayed.org <3
GP
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1056 Posts
May 31 2011 03:57 GMT
#50
On May 29 2011 11:43 HolyArrow wrote:
I don’t think I can do online. I don’t want to give any excuses, but I get really angry at the lag. Because of the lag, I don’t think I want to be in any online tournament in the future. It causes me a lot of stress without a lot of payoff.

Eat it, lag deniers.

*Looks at recent FXO and NASL results*

I don't think lag should be any excuse.
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
May 31 2011 06:08 GMT
#51
On May 31 2011 12:57 GP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 11:43 HolyArrow wrote:
I don’t think I can do online. I don’t want to give any excuses, but I get really angry at the lag. Because of the lag, I don’t think I want to be in any online tournament in the future. It causes me a lot of stress without a lot of payoff.

Eat it, lag deniers.

*Looks at recent FXO and NASL results*

I don't think lag should be any excuse.


You're funny if you think lag isn't a good excuse. Some players have adjusted to playing with latency well, others haven't. Shame Nestea will never play online tournys again but I don't blame him.
The Notorious Winkles
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36720
Shuttle 2520
Bisu 1022
Jaedong 992
Horang2 961
Light 440
BeSt 362
firebathero 352
Mini 319
Hyuk 284
[ Show more ]
Stork 272
actioN 267
Soma 228
EffOrt 226
Zeus 191
ggaemo 191
Soulkey 163
Last 137
ZerO 121
Leta 120
Snow 114
Rush 75
Pusan 74
Killer 71
hero 42
Mong 42
Sharp 36
Mind 35
Shinee 31
Shine 27
Bale 27
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 23
Sexy 21
soO 19
PianO 18
Trap 18
sorry 16
Yoon 16
Free 13
zelot 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3597
qojqva1498
Dendi991
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1395
x6flipin335
markeloff111
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
crisheroes858
Other Games
gofns33916
singsing2139
B2W.Neo776
XBOCT348
DeMusliM192
Livibee176
XaKoH 157
Mlord136
Liquid`LucifroN119
Mew2King114
QueenE78
ArmadaUGS75
Railgan9
ZerO(Twitch)9
Chillindude8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream199
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2237
• TFBlade505
Other Games
• WagamamaTV189
Upcoming Events
OSC
38m
Stellar Fest
38m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 38m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.