• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8571 users

Fear of the Grack - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
deroth
Profile Joined August 2010
United States83 Posts
January 20 2011 17:08 GMT
#161
It's amazing how many talented people sc2 attracts. Love the community.
AlexanderS
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway36 Posts
January 20 2011 17:27 GMT
#162
On January 21 2011 01:40 Donttazemebro wrote:
I think TB should pay AlexanderS dozens of dollars for generating money on his youtube account with the lyrics of him!!!


Royalties, I like it!

But no. Im just thrilled to hear it. Wouldn't mind though!
Fear of the Grack!
thebike
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 17:41:03
January 20 2011 17:39 GMT
#163
Nice to see a metal parody for a Starcraft song! I haven't read through the thread entirely, so sorry if I missed someone saying this previously, but I'd suggest two things to make the song sound a bit better:

1) Lower the vocals in the mix. I guess I understand that the lyrics are the whole point of making the song in the first place, but you can barely hear the music under the vocals at times.

2) Add a touch of reverb to the vocals. A lot of musicians add reverb to their vocal tracks because the voice tends to lose a certain quality when recorded, especially when you're using a cheap microphone. It makes the recorded voice sound more natural, I think.

Anyway, sweet job regardless.
the bike AKA the REGULAR TRAIN
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
January 20 2011 18:00 GMT
#164
Almost perfect version from tb, tbh I just found the instruments kind low volume compared to the sing ...
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
January 20 2011 18:07 GMT
#165
On January 21 2011 02:39 thebike wrote:
Nice to see a metal parody for a Starcraft song! I haven't read through the thread entirely, so sorry if I missed someone saying this previously, but I'd suggest two things to make the song sound a bit better:

1) Lower the vocals in the mix. I guess I understand that the lyrics are the whole point of making the song in the first place, but you can barely hear the music under the vocals at times.

2) Add a touch of reverb to the vocals. A lot of musicians add reverb to their vocal tracks because the voice tends to lose a certain quality when recorded, especially when you're using a cheap microphone. It makes the recorded voice sound more natural, I think.

Anyway, sweet job regardless.


1) Didn't have a problem hearing the music on my monitor speakers, mixed to around -12db or so, so I'm not really sure what kind of objective standard I'd need to shoot for with future tracks if that were to happen.

2) There was already multi-tracked reverb on it.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
January 20 2011 18:22 GMT
#166
Am i the only one wishing a Metal Song from Kurt & Huskys Band with TB as lead singer, choreographed by Kurt and having Husky & "the other guy" dancing like Day9s Immortal impersonation in the background?
thebike
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-20 18:26:06
January 20 2011 18:24 GMT
#167
On January 21 2011 03:07 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2011 02:39 thebike wrote:
Nice to see a metal parody for a Starcraft song! I haven't read through the thread entirely, so sorry if I missed someone saying this previously, but I'd suggest two things to make the song sound a bit better:

1) Lower the vocals in the mix. I guess I understand that the lyrics are the whole point of making the song in the first place, but you can barely hear the music under the vocals at times.

2) Add a touch of reverb to the vocals. A lot of musicians add reverb to their vocal tracks because the voice tends to lose a certain quality when recorded, especially when you're using a cheap microphone. It makes the recorded voice sound more natural, I think.

Anyway, sweet job regardless.


1) Didn't have a problem hearing the music on my monitor speakers, mixed to around -12db or so, so I'm not really sure what kind of objective standard I'd need to shoot for with future tracks if that were to happen.

2) There was already multi-tracked reverb on it.

There is no "objective standard" for mixing the backing track unless you are recording the music yourself, as any handful of different karaoke tracks will all be at different volumes. You kind of just have to play it by ear. It's interesting that the music sounds clear on your monitor speakers; I suppose that how a mix sounds is often dependent on the medium that you're playing it through. On my (pretty decent) headphones, the vocals are much louder (relative to the music) than most other songs at my disposal.

Ah, I suppose that I can hear the reverb to some degree. I think I just prefer a bit more reverb on my vocals, but I guess that's a matter of personal preference.
the bike AKA the REGULAR TRAIN
Nerski
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1095 Posts
January 20 2011 18:32 GMT
#168
good attempt man, only critque i'd have is better balance between the instrumental and the voice....voice is way way way to prominant.
Twitter: @GoForNerski /// Youtube: Youtube.com/nerskisc
TheSilverfox
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden1928 Posts
January 20 2011 18:35 GMT
#169
Absolutely fantastic MetalBiscuit!

P.S. Now that Husky have "Nerd Alert" you should rename your songs to MetalBiscuit with a playlist of all your Metal covers...
Also known as Joinsimon on Twitter/Reddit
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
January 20 2011 18:47 GMT
#170
Great song, I must admit... Very catchy !
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
MidKnight
Profile Joined December 2008
Lithuania884 Posts
January 20 2011 19:08 GMT
#171
TB may be more casual than other casters, but he is SOOOO damn good and helps e-sports as a whole with stuff like this.
Demonzii
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands180 Posts
January 20 2011 19:11 GMT
#172
TotalBiscuit is a hero..

Very good song, and im always happy with a metal SC2 song ^^
AlexanderS
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway36 Posts
January 20 2011 19:12 GMT
#173
Just so you all know. I will continue writing lyrics, if my favorite players continue kicking ass in GSL.
And by favorite players I mean any pinkskins.
Fear of the Grack!
DennizR
Profile Joined May 2007
Sweden653 Posts
January 20 2011 20:24 GMT
#174
Fear of the Zerg would be a more fitting name in my humble opinion, not only is the whole "Grack" thing a bit overused by now, but the lyrics don't actually mention anything specific to Idra rather than any Zerg.

Nevertheless the outcome was amusing and I like TotalBiscuits voice
Iggnite
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
January 20 2011 20:54 GMT
#175
FEAR OF THE GRAAAAAACKKKK
Great song man!
All about the big plays
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
January 20 2011 20:58 GMT
#176
On January 21 2011 05:24 DennizR wrote:
Fear of the Zerg would be a more fitting name in my humble opinion, not only is the whole "Grack" thing a bit overused by now, but the lyrics don't actually mention anything specific to Idra rather than any Zerg.

Nevertheless the outcome was amusing and I like TotalBiscuits voice


Meh, "Fear of the zerg" wouldn't have sounded nearly as awesome. Fear of the Swarm rolls off the tongue a little easier but still, it's no Grack.
dbizzle
Profile Joined May 2010
United States395 Posts
January 20 2011 21:13 GMT
#177
This makes me want to watch frag or die
AlexanderS
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway36 Posts
January 20 2011 21:14 GMT
#178
On January 21 2011 05:24 DennizR wrote:
Fear of the Zerg would be a more fitting name in my humble opinion, not only is the whole "Grack" thing a bit overused by now, but the lyrics don't actually mention anything specific to Idra rather than any Zerg.

Nevertheless the outcome was amusing and I like TotalBiscuits voice


The whole point was to portray what a feared opponent IdrA is. And its so more personal than to make a song about just Zerg as a race. And it does mention macroing which is pretty much all IdrA is about.
Fear of the Grack!
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
January 20 2011 21:19 GMT
#179
This is my favourite of any sc2 related song by far. Really nice job.
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
RagnaRock
Profile Joined April 2006
Poland76 Posts
January 20 2011 21:30 GMT
#180
Now I imagine Fear of the Grack live version, like the rock in rio original one, sung in GOMTV studio by thousands of SC nerds. Thank you, sir.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 73
Codebar 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65306
Bisu 3361
FanTaSy 1360
Stork 774
Rush 386
firebathero 254
Snow 216
Mind 122
hero 120
Last 113
[ Show more ]
Free 81
Sharp 77
Pusan 62
Sea.KH 59
Sexy 54
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 39
Hm[arnc] 33
Bale 33
Mong 27
Terrorterran 20
yabsab 18
Aegong 17
Rock 15
Noble 15
zelot 14
HiyA 11
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7258
Dendi1160
Counter-Strike
fl0m2533
byalli1087
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King108
Other Games
gofns38397
singsing2302
Liquid`RaSZi873
B2W.Neo555
Beastyqt426
Happy300
Pyrionflax261
Mlord257
Hui .215
Khaldor127
Chillindude19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV239
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 101
• Dystopia_ 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV516
League of Legends
• Nemesis3327
• Jankos2903
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1478
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 16m
OSC
9h 16m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
22h 16m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.