• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:30
CEST 14:30
KST 21:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6622 users

What gets you in the zone? - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
kickinhead
Profile Joined December 2008
Switzerland2069 Posts
August 27 2010 15:29 GMT
#41
Electronic-Music and the spirit of: " Now I show them what I really can do!" ^^'

Sometimes I'm loosing in a game and it just "clicks" and I say: "I'm not gonna loose this game" and I start to really playing my A-Game. xD
https://soundcloud.com/thesamplethief
Eluadyl
Profile Joined May 2010
Turkey364 Posts
August 27 2010 16:03 GMT
#42
On August 27 2010 21:52 iRRelevance wrote:
Beer.



seriously


If I drink beer before I game, more than 2 that is, I feel like I'm always too slow. It usually turns out I really am

For me the only way to play for a long time is to play with friends.
Not enough energy
Uranium
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1077 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-27 16:09:27
August 27 2010 16:06 GMT
#43
I smoke a huge bowl before my first game, and take a nice hit between games after that. Helps keep me from stressing out and after a few games, I am one with the Overmind. It also keeps me from raging AT ALL - I mean my losses cause me very little stress. If I lose, I usually just watch the replay and smoke another fatty.

Before you guys hate on me, weed doesn't dull my reflexes - it sharpens them. When I get "zoned in" my entire muscle memory becomes in tune with the Starcraft as if I AM STARCRAFT. I am the same way at Super Smash Bros - when I'm high my timing becomes much more acute. I checked a replay and I was playing with a final average of 91 APM last night, which is pretty good for SC2.

And as the other guy said, I play with no distractions - door closed and no music (except in-game on low volume).
"Sentry imba! You see? YOU SEE??!!" - Sen | "Marauder die die!" - oGsMC | "Oh my god, she texted me back!" - Day[9]
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
August 27 2010 16:11 GMT
#44
On August 27 2010 16:31 Vz0 wrote:
I dont understand why anyone would WANT to be zoned into entertainment...

just makes no sense


Because some of us don't think of SC as entertainment. Competition.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
August 27 2010 18:26 GMT
#45
On August 28 2010 01:06 Uranium wrote:
I smoke a huge bowl before my first game, and take a nice hit between games after that. Helps keep me from stressing out and after a few games, I am one with the Overmind. It also keeps me from raging AT ALL - I mean my losses cause me very little stress. If I lose, I usually just watch the replay and smoke another fatty.

Before you guys hate on me, weed doesn't dull my reflexes - it sharpens them. When I get "zoned in" my entire muscle memory becomes in tune with the Starcraft as if I AM STARCRAFT. I am the same way at Super Smash Bros - when I'm high my timing becomes much more acute. I checked a replay and I was playing with a final average of 91 APM last night, which is pretty good for SC2.

And as the other guy said, I play with no distractions - door closed and no music (except in-game on low volume).


ahahah i do the same.
it really calms me and help me focus while avoiding rage
shiNe.
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada120 Posts
August 27 2010 23:46 GMT
#46
Lots of really good replies...

Beer. I really don't think this would help me at all, if anything it would make me more tired or play sloppy

Weed. Not the biggest fan of weed, it kills brain cells and damages your lungs, but Im not here to preach

Music. I usually listen to di trance, but lately the trance station has started getting worse, i'm thinking about switching to tech house or something.
Vz0
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada378 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-27 23:47:53
August 27 2010 23:47 GMT
#47
On August 27 2010 16:34 Qzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2010 16:31 Vz0 wrote:
I dont understand why anyone would WANT to be zoned into entertainment...

just makes no sense


For some (99% of TL community) Starcraft is more than just entertainment - it's a sport! .

ah i guess so then.

although i personally treat it more as entertainment :D
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
August 27 2010 23:47 GMT
#48
LSD.

Incredibly hard to play, but so exhilarating, I can play forever on that stuff.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
JTouche
Profile Joined August 2010
United States239 Posts
August 28 2010 00:33 GMT
#49
I know exactly what your talking about. As you keep playing more games you hit a point where your focus is shot and your not as quick with your reactions/macro/micro. The only thing that can remedy this is time. Take a break, get something to eat, read two chapters from your favorite book. Your focus and concentration is drained, playing beyond this point will only bring you more losses. Once you feel well and up to it again, log on and pwn some noobs!

Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. ~Eric Fromm
Thoreezhea1
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States532 Posts
August 28 2010 00:38 GMT
#50
99 bottles of root beer on the desk.. 99 bottles of root beer on the desk.. Take it around, pass it around... 98 bottles of root beer on the desk.........
What the Fu- REAPERS?!
Smurfz
Profile Joined May 2008
United States327 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-28 02:36:57
August 28 2010 02:30 GMT
#51
Go on a run. Seriously, it helps clear your mind well. Doesn't have to be a long run at all, but get decently tired or breathing hard. Listen to "eye of the tiger" and punch the air to feel badass if you want.
freshiie22
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada132 Posts
August 28 2010 06:25 GMT
#52
Vagina.........
Phase 1: Bronze League Rank 78. Phase 2: Silver Rank 45 .August 23: Platinum Rank 7 and climbing
Radio.active
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States121 Posts
August 28 2010 06:31 GMT
#53
really i like good drum'n base or techno. Pendulum, crystal method, the prodigy, and some techno songs downloaded from the internet.

although the rage that i get from loosing to some scrub who dt rushes, causing me to focus hard the next game.
-_-
Owarida
Profile Joined April 2010
United States333 Posts
August 28 2010 06:33 GMT
#54
Tell my girlfriend to fuck off...Thats about the only thing stoping me from playing more than 10 games any given day
FaZe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada472 Posts
August 28 2010 06:38 GMT
#55
On August 28 2010 11:30 Smurfz wrote:
Go on a run. Seriously, it helps clear your mind well. Doesn't have to be a long run at all, but get decently tired or breathing hard. Listen to "eye of the tiger" and punch the air to feel badass if you want.


I 101% agree with this. I go for a run / go to the gym every couple hours when I'm practicing - and it helps SO much!
"Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none."
universalwill
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States654 Posts
August 28 2010 06:40 GMT
#56
i start out by playing a few games against my dia league friend (who i'm actually pretty even with. i win about 50% of the time against him, and he's usually the most challenging opponent of the day). then when i start to ladder i listen to calming music. not like slow soundtracks, but folk music. i've always loved folk music because it really really calms me down. and as a zerg player i'm susceptible to raging.
Reuental
Profile Joined July 2009
United States457 Posts
August 28 2010 06:41 GMT
#57
On August 27 2010 18:26 RubiksCube wrote:



DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO THIS WHILE PLAYING STARCRAFT. Seriously, in the middle of a match this song came up in my playlist and I was freaking out every time I heard the tank seiging sound. Its like listening to a song and suddenly you hear the dark templar sword sound when your Terran. I'm sure every T would freak out and look at all their bases looking to see where the scvs are dieing.
I'm a Crab made of men.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
August 28 2010 06:43 GMT
#58
I just keep playing.

The more I play in one sitting, the more comfortable I get, and usually my record reflects that, while I often start the day with losing streaks.

Sometimes I drink a little first, but somehow I think this has more to do with my losing than getting more comfortable.
Qzy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Denmark1121 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-28 06:44:18
August 28 2010 06:43 GMT
#59
I've started a ritual.
If i loose 3 games in a row, I go for a run... Sucks to loose 3 games, come back and start loosing again. Aghhhhh!

Usually i mass 30+ games a day.
TG Sambo... Intel classic! Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
August 28 2010 06:47 GMT
#60
I play casually, but then if I lose the game before, my consecutive game can be a bit thrilling and scared in the beginning, however as the mid game progresses I'm feeling fine. If I'm on a lose streak of 3 or higher, I watch the replays, learn what I do wrong, and take a break for the day.
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings221
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 382
ByuN 315
SHIN 151
Railgan 52
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69705
Calm 11056
Rain 2471
Bisu 1537
FanTaSy 847
soO 537
Shuttle 510
Stork 503
Rush 263
Soma 240
[ Show more ]
Snow 203
firebathero 196
Last 170
Light 111
Mind 96
Pusan 75
Sea.KH 61
ToSsGirL 50
Sharp 46
hero 41
Killer 40
Free 37
Bale 37
sorry 34
Trap 34
Mong 32
Aegong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
zelot 21
yabsab 17
Sacsri 13
Shine 13
Sexy 13
HiyA 12
Noble 12
IntoTheRainbow 10
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8910
Dendi510
Counter-Strike
fl0m1671
byalli746
x6flipin428
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
gofns32704
singsing2216
B2W.Neo568
Pyrionflax247
ToD112
Trikslyr30
Chillindude8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 15
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV506
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis1405
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1270
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 30m
OSC
10h 30m
Replay Cast
10h 30m
OSC
23h 30m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.