• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8428 users

SC Center Daily - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 30 Next All
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
August 27 2010 18:17 GMT
#241
Hahah, not-yet-processed message. A little early there, bucko.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
August 27 2010 18:38 GMT
#242
:p
:O
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
August 28 2010 07:48 GMT
#243
SCCenter Episode 19, 8/28/2010



Today is a long review of day 1 of mlg, the patch notes and day 1 of gsl. now, i wish i had some video to show you for mlg while i read through some of the results but the non-hd cast was unwatchable in full screen. maybe i'll just make a habit out of getting the hd stream for every major event for the sake of the review shows.

when i'm a billionaire from this stuff, i'm going to look back at my penny pinching and laugh! :p :[
:O
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
August 28 2010 14:07 GMT
#244
starting up again
:O
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
August 28 2010 14:20 GMT
#245
just stumbled across this thread today.

nice stuff man :D
My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 21:49:32
August 29 2010 21:49 GMT
#246
SCCenter Episode 20, 8/29/2010



will have gsl talk tomorrow
:O
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
August 29 2010 23:08 GMT
#247
On August 28 2010 16:48 choboPEon wrote:
SCCenter Episode 19, 8/28/2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7A7f1E-B_Q&fmt=18

Today is a long review of day 1 of mlg, the patch notes and day 1 of gsl. now, i wish i had some video to show you for mlg while i read through some of the results but the non-hd cast was unwatchable in full screen. maybe i'll just make a habit out of getting the hd stream for every major event for the sake of the review shows.

when i'm a billionaire from this stuff, i'm going to look back at my penny pinching and laugh! :p :[



I love your show and watch them all the time. Sort of surprised that I got mentioned but I think you misunderstood me.

What I mean is the "casual" fan does not know him. Every hardcore fan does, but to the average fan they don't know about him. This was further reinforced to me when I went to the midnight release of SCII. There was about 40 people there. Roughly 5 had no idea people played SC professionally or anything about shoutcasting. There was no one there that was a true hardcore fan. Only one person knew about TL and the rest had seen some HDH videos or whatever.

When I was asking them about players (naturally I was promoting the shit out of iCCup TV), not one single person there had a clue in hell who Kiwikaki was. They ALL (minus the 5 clueless ones) knew IdrA, Day9, LzGaMeR, or HuK but not one single person had even ever heard of Kiwikaki before.

I am a HUGE MMA fan and this is a age old thing in that sport. To put this in perspective let's use Lyoto Machida as an example. Lyoto Machida was hailed as the future of the sport from the time he fought Rich Franklin back in 2004 by all the hardcore fans. But it was not until he beat Tito Ortiz, Thiago Silva, and Rashad Evans in the UFC that any casual fan knew about him. Unfortunately as is the case in every sport the casual fan outnumbers the hardcore fans. I know it's easy to think TL is something that every fan is into and reads daily, but this is not the case. I know I was a massive BW fan but never found TL until 2008-2009. Before that time I knew of ONE BW player, Boxer. Sure there was the Bisu's and the Flash's but I was a casual fan so I had never heard of/seen them.

Now MLG definitely helped, but from my understanding he did not even want to go to MLG until his teammates pressured the hell out of him.

All the good players and very hardcore fans know Kiwi and know what he is capable of, but he remains (up until MLG) largely unknown to the casual fan. I KNEW Kiwi would do great and I was sure he would make Top 4, but even the MLG polls showed that no one really knew him. On the "who will win, HuK or Kiwi?" vote they had Kiwikaki only had like 14% of the votes where HuK was ahead by a landslide.

I know Kiwi, I know what he's capable of, but it doesn't matter unless the casual fan has been exposed to him. As much as it pains me to say this every time, as far as viewer base goes, casual fans always outnumber the hardcore fans.

I hope this helps clear this up, and I love your daily shows !
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
BladeRunner
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States407 Posts
August 29 2010 23:26 GMT
#248
wow, I dunno how I missed this but just saw my first ep, #20, and it was really enjoyable. I like that it's short and provides the links etc. Great job!
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
August 29 2010 23:52 GMT
#249
On August 30 2010 08:08 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2010 16:48 choboPEon wrote:
SCCenter Episode 19, 8/28/2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7A7f1E-B_Q&fmt=18

Today is a long review of day 1 of mlg, the patch notes and day 1 of gsl. now, i wish i had some video to show you for mlg while i read through some of the results but the non-hd cast was unwatchable in full screen. maybe i'll just make a habit out of getting the hd stream for every major event for the sake of the review shows.

when i'm a billionaire from this stuff, i'm going to look back at my penny pinching and laugh! :p :[



I love your show and watch them all the time. Sort of surprised that I got mentioned but I think you misunderstood me.

What I mean is the "casual" fan does not know him. Every hardcore fan does, but to the average fan they don't know about him. This was further reinforced to me when I went to the midnight release of SCII. There was about 40 people there. Roughly 5 had no idea people played SC professionally or anything about shoutcasting. There was no one there that was a true hardcore fan. Only one person knew about TL and the rest had seen some HDH videos or whatever.

When I was asking them about players (naturally I was promoting the shit out of iCCup TV), not one single person there had a clue in hell who Kiwikaki was. They ALL (minus the 5 clueless ones) knew IdrA, Day9, LzGaMeR, or HuK but not one single person had even ever heard of Kiwikaki before.

I am a HUGE MMA fan and this is a age old thing in that sport. To put this in perspective let's use Lyoto Machida as an example. Lyoto Machida was hailed as the future of the sport from the time he fought Rich Franklin back in 2004 by all the hardcore fans. But it was not until he beat Tito Ortiz, Thiago Silva, and Rashad Evans in the UFC that any casual fan knew about him. Unfortunately as is the case in every sport the casual fan outnumbers the hardcore fans. I know it's easy to think TL is something that every fan is into and reads daily, but this is not the case. I know I was a massive BW fan but never found TL until 2008-2009. Before that time I knew of ONE BW player, Boxer. Sure there was the Bisu's and the Flash's but I was a casual fan so I had never heard of/seen them.

Now MLG definitely helped, but from my understanding he did not even want to go to MLG until his teammates pressured the hell out of him.

All the good players and very hardcore fans know Kiwi and know what he is capable of, but he remains (up until MLG) largely unknown to the casual fan. I KNEW Kiwi would do great and I was sure he would make Top 4, but even the MLG polls showed that no one really knew him. On the "who will win, HuK or Kiwi?" vote they had Kiwikaki only had like 14% of the votes where HuK was ahead by a landslide.

I know Kiwi, I know what he's capable of, but it doesn't matter unless the casual fan has been exposed to him. As much as it pains me to say this every time, as far as viewer base goes, casual fans always outnumber the hardcore fans.

I hope this helps clear this up, and I love your daily shows !


Fair enough!

It's easy to fall into the trap of being in a TL bubble and I guess I did. Thanks for the clarification
:O
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
August 30 2010 01:04 GMT
#250
i love that you always provide links in your videos :3
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Homun
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany21 Posts
August 30 2010 02:30 GMT
#251
Great job on the videos.

I laughed loud, when you mentioned the Artosis vs 3 Terran group in Episode 20.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
August 30 2010 04:08 GMT
#252
thanks!
:O
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
August 30 2010 04:29 GMT
#253
On August 30 2010 08:52 choboPEon wrote:
Fair enough!

It's easy to fall into the trap of being in a TL bubble and I guess I did. Thanks for the clarification


No problem. I really think Kiwikaki is one of the best players in the world so that's why I'm so harsh on him. I really want people to see him and learn what he's about.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Merikh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States918 Posts
August 30 2010 04:33 GMT
#254
On August 30 2010 13:29 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 08:52 choboPEon wrote:
Fair enough!

It's easy to fall into the trap of being in a TL bubble and I guess I did. Thanks for the clarification


No problem. I really think Kiwikaki is one of the best players in the world so that's why I'm so harsh on him. I really want people to see him and learn what he's about.


He really is I still think Kiwi > Huk
G4MR | I mod day9, djwheat and GLHF's stream
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
September 01 2010 02:37 GMT
#255
SCCenter Episode 21, 8/31/2010



:O
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
September 01 2010 02:46 GMT
#256
warning, i sound like charles barkley with a cold in this video. "turrbull" sniffle sniffle "turran" sniffle

oh boy
:O
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-02 01:21:56
September 02 2010 01:20 GMT
#257
I don't see the point when you analyise upcoming matches. Basically you go through all players and say "I know this one, I don't know that one, this game should be awesome, could go both ways." imo it doesn't fit into a news emission and it's not like you can provide any meaningful analysis - some players will play on some maps in the near future... and that's it. I don't think that it worth doing it mostly because usually there's next to nothing to say. If anything, this time should be spent on games that have already been played.

I wrote this after watching this episode but I've seen it before as well.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
September 02 2010 04:14 GMT
#258
SCCenter Episode 22, 9/1/2010

:O
sword_siege
Profile Joined September 2002
United States624 Posts
September 02 2010 06:30 GMT
#259
Starting to become a fan of this ChoboPeon. Great job taking something like ESPN Sports Center and applying SC to it.
Qwerty.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States292 Posts
September 02 2010 06:35 GMT
#260
I enjoyed the latest episode, but I feel it was a bit too opinion-based for a journalistic piece. Understandably, the topics you talked about in this one are pretty controversial.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE68
Nina 59
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 196
Dewaltoss 81
Hyuk 62
Noble 25
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm108
League of Legends
Doublelift3948
Counter-Strike
Fnx 748
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5301
Khaldor764
Other Games
summit1g7887
FrodaN2138
shahzam496
JimRising 284
KnowMe278
C9.Mang0243
ArmadaUGS108
ZombieGrub93
Trikslyr42
PPMD32
CosmosSc2 24
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH349
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2605
Other Games
• imaqtpie862
• Shiphtur190
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 24m
Online Event
12h 24m
FEL
17h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.