• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:56
CEST 20:56
KST 03:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9152 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 2301

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 5162 Next
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
June 27 2014 14:51 GMT
#46001
On June 27 2014 23:23 Nos- wrote:
I mean with the success of the fundraising it'd be kind of weird if Riot didn't try to go for it as well


What does Riot actually gain from doing it though?
It'd be stupid to waste 10mil to only gain a portion of the prestige (which would be overshadowed by 'Valve did it first'), when there are about a million other ways to improve the LoL esports scene with that kind of cash.
Liquipedia"Expert"
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 27 2014 14:55 GMT
#46002
On June 27 2014 23:50 Nos- wrote:
wait hold up long live the queen is on sale? FUCKING SOLD

I had a plan to play through this dumb game with a friend over some beer or something and see how absurd we can make the princess

This game sounds like Game of Thrones but you're playing an anime girl.

Bought.
It's your boy Guzma!
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 27 2014 14:56 GMT
#46003
On June 27 2014 23:51 Inflicted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 23:23 Nos- wrote:
I mean with the success of the fundraising it'd be kind of weird if Riot didn't try to go for it as well


What does Riot actually gain from doing it though?
It'd be stupid to waste 10mil to only gain a portion of the prestige (which would be overshadowed by 'Valve did it first'), when there are about a million other ways to improve the LoL esports scene with that kind of cash.


Huh. It helps the players and it costs Riot almost nothing to do. It also gives the community another way to be more involved in the tournament/scene they love. Literally the definition of a win-win situation.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 27 2014 15:06 GMT
#46004
On June 27 2014 23:46 Requizen wrote:
Good morning friends! Things seem to be going well here and I'm glad to see that. Saw that Watch_Dogs was on sale today, then realized it was still $50 -.- Might pick up this Long Live the Queen game though, looks nifty.

So friends, do you have any big plans for the weekend?

Don't buy Watch_Dogs unless it's on PC and you're going to use the E3 "mod."

Watched an LP of LLtQ, god do I want to slap that bitch in the face.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 27 2014 15:42 GMT
#46005
So apparently the 40k group that I play with also meets on Tuesdays. Might be fun seeing as I've dumped a lot of money into this hobby (I honestly am kind of worried about adding up how much I've spent on it).
It's your boy Guzma!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 27 2014 15:44 GMT
#46006
On June 28 2014 00:42 Requizen wrote:
So apparently the 40k group that I play with also meets on Tuesdays. Might be fun seeing as I've dumped a lot of money into this hobby (I honestly am kind of worried about adding up how much I've spent on it).

Might as well get the movie worth-iness out of it.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 27 2014 15:51 GMT
#46007
i have been eating so much soup lately. mmm creamy tomato today. whats your favorite kind of soup?
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-27 15:53:54
June 27 2014 15:53 GMT
#46008
On June 28 2014 00:42 Requizen wrote:
So apparently the 40k group that I play with also meets on Tuesdays. Might be fun seeing as I've dumped a lot of money into this hobby (I honestly am kind of worried about adding up how much I've spent on it).

Considering you've posted pictures of your Warhammer 40K figurines on this forum for my amusement, I'm going to go ahead and say that you're justified in spending the money that you do on your hobby.

Seriously though, if you can afford to spend the money on 40K and don't mind doing so then I don't see the problem. Heck I've probably spent $1000 on my Manga collection where I could have just read all the books online for free, but I feel justified on spending that money on my Manga because I like having the physical copies of the books.

On June 28 2014 00:51 ComaDose wrote:
i have been eating so much soup lately. mmm creamy tomato today. whats your favorite kind of soup?

Funny that you mention that, because I had tomato soup today for breakfast. It was delicious.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 27 2014 15:58 GMT
#46009
Fuck. All the quarter finals games on July 4th are on the other side of the bracket. Can you imagine if USMNT won their way into the semi's on July 4th? The story line that could have been had...
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 27 2014 16:02 GMT
#46010
Oh, I don't regret spending the money, I'm in the same boat as you. My game, manga, music, and anime collections could have mostly been "free" if I wanted, but I like buying things. I'm just happier not knowing exactly how much I spent
It's your boy Guzma!
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
June 27 2014 16:02 GMT
#46011
Has anyone played Prototype 2?

I picked up Prototype 1 when Infamous came out for free on PSN but then we graduated and I never finished my Infamous run on my friend's PS3 so I filled the void with Prototype.

I don't think I finished the game though because even on hard mode you got to a point where you outscaled the enemies and the game devolved into the same kind of open world miniquest grinding that Infamous and Assassin's Creed had.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 27 2014 16:03 GMT
#46012
Lol TL+
You guise.

What is long live the queen?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 27 2014 16:08 GMT
#46013
On June 28 2014 01:03 WaveofShadow wrote:
Lol TL+
You guise.

What is long live the queen?

It's a game where you play a princess that recently lost her mother and you need to prepare to become queen. You choose two subjects to study during the week and do stuff during the weekend that modifies your mood(which effects your studying aptitude) and events that advance the plot and makes you go through skillchecks on the subject. I watched a youtuber do some blind runs and it seems like an OK game if you want to go through a bunch of permutations.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
June 27 2014 16:12 GMT
#46014
I need to get a new insurance. Being an adult sucks when you have to read paragraphs and make decisions.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
June 27 2014 16:12 GMT
#46015
On June 28 2014 01:08 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2014 01:03 WaveofShadow wrote:
Lol TL+
You guise.

What is long live the queen?

It's a game where you play a princess that recently lost her mother and you need to prepare to become queen. You choose two subjects to study during the week and do stuff during the weekend that modifies your mood(which effects your studying aptitude) and events that advance the plot and makes you go through skillchecks on the subject. I watched a youtuber do some blind runs and it seems like an OK game if you want to go through a bunch of permutations.

Pretty sure that's not why someone would play the game.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
June 27 2014 16:13 GMT
#46016
I heard you can die from eating a poisoned cake or some shit and I thought I would like to play this with a friend while drunk so here i am
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 27 2014 16:14 GMT
#46017
On June 28 2014 01:12 xes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2014 01:08 Gahlo wrote:
On June 28 2014 01:03 WaveofShadow wrote:
Lol TL+
You guise.

What is long live the queen?

It's a game where you play a princess that recently lost her mother and you need to prepare to become queen. You choose two subjects to study during the week and do stuff during the weekend that modifies your mood(which effects your studying aptitude) and events that advance the plot and makes you go through skillchecks on the subject. I watched a youtuber do some blind runs and it seems like an OK game if you want to go through a bunch of permutations.

Pretty sure that's not why someone would play the game.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

It's both. Political intrigue and spreadsheets + magical girl = wtf but alright let's do this.
It's your boy Guzma!
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
June 27 2014 16:14 GMT
#46018
Oooh it's on sale? Too bad I'm at work but not like it's expensive to begin with.

Also a lot of hobbies at the serious level can get pretty expensive (e.g. sports equipment costs, cameras, etc.) so just see it necessary CapEx investment.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
June 27 2014 16:17 GMT
#46019
On June 28 2014 01:12 Duvon wrote:
I need to get a new insurance. Being an adult sucks when you have to read paragraphs and make decisions.

Make sure you check for deductibles, terms and conditions, excess etc. Don't be afraid price comparison websites but don't 100% rely on them either.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
June 27 2014 16:25 GMT
#46020
On June 28 2014 01:02 Requizen wrote:
Oh, I don't regret spending the money, I'm in the same boat as you. My game, manga, music, and anime collections could have mostly been "free" if I wanted, but I like buying things. I'm just happier not knowing exactly how much I spent


I need to know though. Tell me!!!!
Prev 1 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 686
UpATreeSC 116
JuggernautJason36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18981
firebathero 188
Rush 127
Dewaltoss 97
Sexy 24
Shine 22
Bale 13
yabsab 11
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8074
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever105
Counter-Strike
fl0m1561
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1998
crisheroes1151
Liquid`Hasu783
XaKoH 147
MindelVK15
Other Games
Grubby2964
summit1g1966
Beastyqt699
FrodaN677
ceh9634
ArmadaUGS204
byalli199
C9.Mang0159
KnowMe158
Hui .147
QueenE103
Mew2King66
shahzam5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1707
League of Legends
• TFBlade1131
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• Shiphtur260
• WagamamaTV253
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 4m
Stellar Fest
18h 4m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.