• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:38
CEST 19:38
KST 02:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11127 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 2294

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 5162 Next
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 26 2014 20:38 GMT
#45861
I need to scrounge up some quarters and get coke for Liquid`League
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 26 2014 20:39 GMT
#45862
On June 27 2014 05:03 xes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 05:01 WaveofShadow wrote:
Any story or talking I'd have to do would take up a large amount of space.
Essentially my career path is now going to take longer than originally planned which Fucks up a lot of things for us both job wise and location wise. Still have to figure all that out and I don't even know where to begin.

Health wise I'm finally beginning to recover but even though I'm essentially 'cured' of my disease right now the damage done is extensive. All this talk about getting in shape and losing weight and I need to do the opposite essentially. I'm horribly and dangerously thin right now, especially considering I was underweight to begin with. Standing and walking is exhausting.

I'm pretty overwhelmed right now; all I want is some semblance of normalcy back but even when that comes (likely over a month from now) that normal is going to be very very different from what normal used to be.


I will say I read every single page of OT and you guys are awesome.

So what you're saying is... ice cream every meal?

Reminds me of my Canadian friend that has a chronc issue with keeping her weight at a decent issue. The doctors literally suggested she eat sticks of butter when she was a kid. To this day she drinks full cream instead of milk.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 26 2014 20:39 GMT
#45863
On June 27 2014 05:38 jcarlsoniv wrote:
I need to scrounge up some quarters and get coke for Liquid`League

You've got 27 hours.
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
June 26 2014 20:42 GMT
#45864
On June 27 2014 05:39 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 05:03 xes wrote:
On June 27 2014 05:01 WaveofShadow wrote:
Any story or talking I'd have to do would take up a large amount of space.
Essentially my career path is now going to take longer than originally planned which Fucks up a lot of things for us both job wise and location wise. Still have to figure all that out and I don't even know where to begin.

Health wise I'm finally beginning to recover but even though I'm essentially 'cured' of my disease right now the damage done is extensive. All this talk about getting in shape and losing weight and I need to do the opposite essentially. I'm horribly and dangerously thin right now, especially considering I was underweight to begin with. Standing and walking is exhausting.

I'm pretty overwhelmed right now; all I want is some semblance of normalcy back but even when that comes (likely over a month from now) that normal is going to be very very different from what normal used to be.


I will say I read every single page of OT and you guys are awesome.

So what you're saying is... ice cream every meal?

Reminds me of my Canadian friend that has a chronc issue with keeping her weight at a decent issue. The doctors literally suggested she eat sticks of butter when she was a kid. To this day she drinks full cream instead of milk.


That sounds both disgusting and delicious.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 26 2014 20:43 GMT
#45865
On June 27 2014 05:42 Doctorbeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 05:39 Gahlo wrote:
On June 27 2014 05:03 xes wrote:
On June 27 2014 05:01 WaveofShadow wrote:
Any story or talking I'd have to do would take up a large amount of space.
Essentially my career path is now going to take longer than originally planned which Fucks up a lot of things for us both job wise and location wise. Still have to figure all that out and I don't even know where to begin.

Health wise I'm finally beginning to recover but even though I'm essentially 'cured' of my disease right now the damage done is extensive. All this talk about getting in shape and losing weight and I need to do the opposite essentially. I'm horribly and dangerously thin right now, especially considering I was underweight to begin with. Standing and walking is exhausting.

I'm pretty overwhelmed right now; all I want is some semblance of normalcy back but even when that comes (likely over a month from now) that normal is going to be very very different from what normal used to be.


I will say I read every single page of OT and you guys are awesome.

So what you're saying is... ice cream every meal?

Reminds me of my Canadian friend that has a chronc issue with keeping her weight at a decent issue. The doctors literally suggested she eat sticks of butter when she was a kid. To this day she drinks full cream instead of milk.


That sounds both disgusting and delicious.

On the plus side she can order extra bacon on her pizza and tell people her doctor said so when they give her a funny look.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 26 2014 20:43 GMT
#45866
Oh yeah, I guess I should buy dark souls 2 while it's still on sale, huh?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-26 20:49:05
June 26 2014 20:48 GMT
#45867
I had a friend that was always horribly thin at some point he was told by the docs he had to eat literally 5 times as much per day as he usually did but he physically couldn't do it

he had to take pills that supposedly made him more hungry and he also had to throw lunch and dinner into the mixer and drink the disgusting goop because otherwise he wouldn't have been able to keep it down or something

then surgery magically fixed everything


anyway point is if you have trouble eating/keeping it down just buy a mixer
A backwards poet writes inverse.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
June 26 2014 20:49 GMT
#45868
On June 27 2014 05:43 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh yeah, I guess I should buy dark souls 2 while it's still on sale, huh?

Wait till the last day for the slim, slim chance that it gets on a daily or flash sale. But yes totally buy it.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
June 26 2014 20:50 GMT
#45869
On June 27 2014 05:38 WaveofShadow wrote:
Gandhi: it was very hard on me and my wife. I barely got to see him. Apparently he was constantly looking for me around the house and asking for me too. It sucks now too because I'm too weak to help take care of him any. My wife says it'll be easier with me home but I kinda think until I improve further she'll be taking care of 1.5 babies instead of 1.

PX:
All I had the past week were mashed potatoes in the hospital. I'm horribly sick of them, but yes those are good. Mostly I need shit tons of protein so my body stop cannibalizing what's left of my muscle mass. Gonna be a lot of protein powder/shakes.

Scrip: no I'm at my parents for the next few days. It's possible if I'm up to it I can attempt to get on my brothers computer to say hi quick but no promises.

Hm... peanut butter + _________ sandwiches then. i used to date a girl with eating issues so i'm used to minimal effort cooking xD. you should seriously try like Morning star products it'll be in the frozen section of a grocery store, they are meat substitutes, but all of em are microwavable with very high protein content.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 26 2014 20:54 GMT
#45870
Hey Wave it's good to hear that you're back from the hospital.

I know when my step-brothers wanted to gain weight they drank a ton of 3.5% milk. It was crazy how much they went through. But if you need protein, you now have a excuse to get your wife to make you steak dinners every night.

It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 26 2014 20:56 GMT
#45871
On June 27 2014 05:54 Frudgey wrote:
Hey Wave it's good to hear that you're back from the hospital.

I know when my step-brothers wanted to gain weight they drank a ton of 3.5% milk. It was crazy how much they went through. But if you need protein, you now have a excuse to get your wife to make you steak dinners every night.


Oh goodness yes I switched to whole milk for a gallon and felt fat every time I drank it. But it is tasty.
It's your boy Guzma!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 26 2014 20:58 GMT
#45872
whole milk is fairly nasty

1% pls

although, being a lactard, I rarely drink milk anymore anyway
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 26 2014 20:58 GMT
#45873
Yeah I'll share it with my son.
Gotta be careful with peanut butter cause my wife is allergic but I'm gonna do a lot of that too. Thanks for all the tips guys.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-26 21:05:47
June 26 2014 21:04 GMT
#45874
On June 27 2014 05:58 jcarlsoniv wrote:
whole milk is fairly nasty

1% pls

although, being a lactard, I rarely drink milk anymore anyway

1% milk I can taste the fat in. It's too much for me. I haven't drank 2% in years and I can't even begin to comprehend what 3.5% might taste like.

I've always been a skim milk drinker.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 26 2014 21:09 GMT
#45875
If you can do whole milk (which I think is delicious and fulfilling) drinking a few gallons a week minimum is by far the easiest way to keep/gain weight. Every meal or snack drink a glass or two of it. ezpz. Unless dairy is an issue
I'm down 5lb from my peak but still up 10 from January!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 26 2014 21:13 GMT
#45876
I can't drink 0% milk. It is yucky....
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
June 26 2014 21:13 GMT
#45877
On June 27 2014 06:09 mordek wrote:
If you can do whole milk (which I think is delicious and fulfilling) drinking a few gallons a week minimum is by far the easiest way to keep/gain weight. Every meal or snack drink a glass or two of it. ezpz. Unless dairy is an issue
I'm down 5lb from my peak but still up 10 from January!

also add grated hard cheese to things.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
June 26 2014 21:14 GMT
#45878
On June 27 2014 06:13 Sufficiency wrote:
I can't drink 0% milk. It is yucky....

Skim milk best milk, you fucker.

Also lactose intolerant, so cheese if my primary source of lactose.

All the fking chese.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-26 21:15:52
June 26 2014 21:15 GMT
#45879
Skim milk is like white water. I mean why bother.

On June 27 2014 05:49 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 05:43 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh yeah, I guess I should buy dark souls 2 while it's still on sale, huh?

Wait till the last day for the slim, slim chance that it gets on a daily or flash sale. But yes totally buy it.

Wise beyond his years, this one.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 26 2014 21:16 GMT
#45880
0% is literally water. skim milk does taste like water. i was always a 2% guy but my parents switched to 1% which is okay i guess.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Prev 1 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 331
UpATreeSC 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1383
actioN 465
BeSt 215
Dewaltoss 166
firebathero 85
Barracks 59
Zeus 57
Sexy 40
Trap 37
soO 28
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 23
JYJ 19
Shine 19
zelot 16
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7486
qojqva2188
Dendi831
420jenkins165
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1007
Fnx 791
x6flipin444
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5889
crisheroes5258
Liquid`Hasu631
Other Games
Beastyqt647
B2W.Neo566
ceh9500
byalli374
ArmadaUGS175
Khaldor148
KnowMe142
C9.Mang0132
TKL 112
BRAT_OK 76
Trikslyr58
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV260
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH302
• StrangeGG 36
• Reevou 7
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 56
• blackmanpl 21
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix7
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV434
League of Legends
• Nemesis3708
• TFBlade953
Other Games
• Shiphtur336
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 22m
Stellar Fest
19h 22m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.