• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:15
CEST 22:15
KST 05:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6255 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 2289

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 5162 Next
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
June 26 2014 16:26 GMT
#45761
On June 27 2014 01:24 Slayer91 wrote:
poor choice of phrasing there duvon

Your sand is my gold.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 26 2014 16:26 GMT
#45762
Eh, haven't been a fan of Paris the few times I went, and I kinda lost contact with the people I used to see there (others went there from elsewhere but don't anymore). And the interest in meeting new people in that it's easier to see them day to day or week to week if they're in the general vincinity (like 30 minutes drive), I've got friends and all but if they require a 3 hours train ride it's not exactly practical. So I'm not exactly interested in meeting new people from Paris.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
June 26 2014 16:32 GMT
#45763
that referee interference though
Bronze player stuck in platinum
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
June 26 2014 16:34 GMT
#45764
Portugal scored so we should be good unless disaster happens.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
June 26 2014 16:39 GMT
#45765
damn this bradley guy is just handing these possessions over like charity
Bronze player stuck in platinum
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 26 2014 16:42 GMT
#45766
Stay strong Howard!!! Ahhhh
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-26 16:50:21
June 26 2014 16:50 GMT
#45767
I'm gonna have a freaking heart attack

On June 27 2014 01:34 caelym wrote:
Portugal scored so we should be good unless disaster happens.


you shut your whore mouth right now
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 26 2014 16:51 GMT
#45768
Man this thread covered some distance since I last checked it.

Also I liked your DnD story Soniv. What level was the party at before they died?

In the one campaign I haven't had a character make it to level 2 yet and I'm on my third character haha.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23430 Posts
June 26 2014 16:52 GMT
#45769
On June 27 2014 01:26 Duvon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 01:24 Slayer91 wrote:
poor choice of phrasing there duvon

Your sand is my gold.


is that some crazy swedish expression
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 26 2014 16:52 GMT
#45770
On June 27 2014 01:51 Frudgey wrote:
Man this thread covered some distance since I last checked it.

Also I liked your DnD story Soniv. What level was the party at before they died?

In the one campaign I haven't had a character make it to level 2 yet and I'm on my third character haha.

Are you playing Call of C'Thulhu?
It's your boy Guzma!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 26 2014 16:54 GMT
#45771
On June 27 2014 01:51 Frudgey wrote:
Man this thread covered some distance since I last checked it.

Also I liked your DnD story Soniv. What level was the party at before they died?

In the one campaign I haven't had a character make it to level 2 yet and I'm on my third character haha.


they were lvl 4
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 26 2014 16:55 GMT
#45772
On June 27 2014 01:52 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 01:51 Frudgey wrote:
Man this thread covered some distance since I last checked it.

Also I liked your DnD story Soniv. What level was the party at before they died?

In the one campaign I haven't had a character make it to level 2 yet and I'm on my third character haha.

Are you playing Call of C'Thulhu?

No I'm just playing Dungeons and Dragons. Our Dungeon Master doesn't pull his punches when we're stupid about things. Also the dice rolls haven't been kind to us.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 26 2014 16:55 GMT
#45773
On June 27 2014 01:55 Frudgey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 01:52 Requizen wrote:
On June 27 2014 01:51 Frudgey wrote:
Man this thread covered some distance since I last checked it.

Also I liked your DnD story Soniv. What level was the party at before they died?

In the one campaign I haven't had a character make it to level 2 yet and I'm on my third character haha.

Are you playing Call of C'Thulhu?

No I'm just playing Dungeons and Dragons. Our Dungeon Master doesn't pull his punches when we're stupid about things. Also the dice rolls haven't been kind to us.


Time to munchkin yo.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 26 2014 16:57 GMT
#45774
On June 27 2014 01:55 Frudgey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 01:52 Requizen wrote:
On June 27 2014 01:51 Frudgey wrote:
Man this thread covered some distance since I last checked it.

Also I liked your DnD story Soniv. What level was the party at before they died?

In the one campaign I haven't had a character make it to level 2 yet and I'm on my third character haha.

Are you playing Call of C'Thulhu?

No I'm just playing Dungeons and Dragons. Our Dungeon Master doesn't pull his punches when we're stupid about things. Also the dice rolls haven't been kind to us.

Early levels (in 3.5 at least) are just brutal for PCs. We usually start our D&D games at 5, but that might be high for some groups.
It's your boy Guzma!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 26 2014 17:09 GMT
#45775
Low level D&D is brutal in other editions as well, IIRC.

I think a new/inexperienced party is better off starting at level 1-2, just because rolling characters at level 3+ tends to be information overload (spell selection, skill point allocation, starting gold, etc. all ramp up really hard so for someone who's unacquainted with the system, its a but too much to handle at once). For an experienced party, level 3-5 is probably a better starting point than 1 (4-6 tends to be the most balanced levels in terms of what the party as a whole can do).
Moderator
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 26 2014 17:12 GMT
#45776
So my hype kind of died when the store didn't have the Knight in but I just got a call from them and they said they got one in and it was on hold for me. Love this store, time to go spend an inordinate amount of money on my Knight (and maybe dice as well).
It's your boy Guzma!
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 26 2014 17:15 GMT
#45777
+3 now.
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-26 17:22:36
June 26 2014 17:22 GMT
#45778
It's my understanding that 4th edition and essentials is fairly easy for low levels but that's only what I've heard.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23430 Posts
June 26 2014 17:23 GMT
#45779
they brought on klose its probably gg now
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
June 26 2014 17:25 GMT
#45780
On June 27 2014 02:22 Parnage wrote:
It's my understanding that 4th edition and essentials is fairly easy for low levels but that's only what I've heard.

yeah but 4th ed sucks for other reasons
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
Prev 1 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 769
JuggernautJason79
Nathanias 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
White-Ra 177
firebathero 84
910 44
Killer 25
Trap 22
Counter-Strike
Fnx 774
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0189
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9709
crisheroes1928
Liquid`Hasu1801
Trikslyr75
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5085
summit1g4779
Beastyqt932
shahzam456
B2W.Neo277
IndyStarCraft 169
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS119
ZombieGrub109
Pyrionflax100
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream331
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV311
League of Legends
• TFBlade1108
Other Games
• imaqtpie738
• Shiphtur305
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 45m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.