• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:36
CEST 11:36
KST 18:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)33Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10139 users

ASUS ROG @NorthCon Day 1 2013 - Page 159

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 178 Next
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
December 07 2013 00:11 GMT
#3161
On December 07 2013 09:10 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 09:03 Xoronius wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:59 Yorkie wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:56 Xoronius wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:55 Yorkie wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:53 Squat wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:51 Yorkie wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:44 ImperialFist wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:43 _SpiRaL_ wrote:
If Elfi is the low APM king of P, and Goody is the low APM king of terran, who is the foreign zerg equivalent?


I am not sure you can have low apm with zerg, it would actually be difficult.

I think that Lowely plays at sub-200 APM iirc

And we can see the results that have yielded. I can't really see anything sub 200 APM working in TvZ vs someone who knows how to drop.

Lowely has achieved almost the same amount of success as Goody though. (Goody won $16,000 Lowely won $12,000) so I wouldn't say he hasn't had success.

GoOdy won 24k though: http://aligulac.com/players/193-GoOdy/earnings/

Hmm I guess SC2 earnings has failed me. I'm assuming the rest of the money must come from small weekly tournaments and such. Trying to decide if it's worth it to research but I know Lowely has taken games and even series' off of top players. He doesn't spam and plays at the bare minimum (almost all of his APM is effective). I'm not saying he's this incredible top foreigner or that faster play wouldn't help him I was just pointing out that he is the closest thing to a zerg equivalent to Goody and Elfi.

Yeah, sc2earnings gives you a general idea, but it ignores a lot of small tournies, so that players often participating in them (GoOdy, Nerchio, etc.) are losing a lot of money there (>10k for Nerchio). I´d recommned aligulac for tatistics regarding money. But you are right, Lowely has had his successes in the past, I remember him eliminating Yonghwa and MKP at WCG 2012 and he also knocked out Gumiho in some RSL, IIRC.

In RSL 2 he beat Gumiho in the 3rd place match and in the next season he beat Naniwa, Oz, Bly, VortiX and MMA in consecutive Bo5s.

BOOM knowledge bombs
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 07 2013 00:12 GMT
#3162
You and me baby ain't nothin but mammals so let's do it like they do on the discovery channel
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
JonIrenicus
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Italy602 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-07 00:15:41
December 07 2013 00:12 GMT
#3163
--- Nuked ---
StutteR
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1903 Posts
December 07 2013 00:12 GMT
#3164
Grubby best casting, best analyzing, best music
`~` | effOrt Movie sKyHigh forever & SEn
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
December 07 2013 00:12 GMT
#3165
On December 07 2013 09:10 Hypertension wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 09:09 Boucot wrote:
The bottom bracket is the half bracket of death.


It is not like Scarlett, Stardust and Life make the top bracket easy to live through.


Well, the way the playoff bracket looks, it could be San's big chance if he can just fight through to face Life.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
December 07 2013 00:13 GMT
#3166
Scarlett advancing means no complaints of her losing due to being tired due to tournament delays! :D In all seriousness though she played extremely well
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 07 2013 00:14 GMT
#3167
For the love of god (elfi) I don't care who wins let's just make this quick. I've been doing this for 12 hours.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
StutteR
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1903 Posts
December 07 2013 00:14 GMT
#3168
Welmu cast?!
`~` | effOrt Movie sKyHigh forever & SEn
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
December 07 2013 00:15 GMT
#3169
khaldor looks like he is about to kill some nerds
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
Neemi
Profile Joined August 2012
Netherlands657 Posts
December 07 2013 00:15 GMT
#3170
On December 07 2013 09:14 Darkhoarse wrote:
For the love of god (elfi) I don't care who wins let's just make this quick. I've been doing this for 12 hours.


Yeah you've been active in this topic from the start, dat passion is much appreciated <3
Cute
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 07 2013 00:16 GMT
#3171
On December 07 2013 09:15 Neemi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 09:14 Darkhoarse wrote:
For the love of god (elfi) I don't care who wins let's just make this quick. I've been doing this for 12 hours.


Yeah you've been active in this topic from the start, dat passion is much appreciated <3

Because I have to update the OP and I refuse to be silent for the whole time while I do it
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Firestorm
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Canada341 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-07 00:17:33
December 07 2013 00:17 GMT
#3172
Talk into the microphone, Welmu. I can barely hear you.

Or just turn it on.
"Revenge is sweet... Revenge is a dish best served cold... Revenge is... Ice Cream!"
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
December 07 2013 00:17 GMT
#3173
On December 07 2013 09:10 Hypertension wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 09:09 Boucot wrote:
The bottom bracket is the half bracket of death.


It is not like Scarlett, Stardust and Life make the top bracket easy to live through.

Of course not but I don't see Life having a very hard time until the finals compared to what it would have been if he was in the other one.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
December 07 2013 00:17 GMT
#3174
On December 07 2013 09:11 Yorkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 09:10 StarVe wrote:
On December 07 2013 09:03 Xoronius wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:59 Yorkie wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:56 Xoronius wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:55 Yorkie wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:53 Squat wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:51 Yorkie wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:44 ImperialFist wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:43 _SpiRaL_ wrote:
If Elfi is the low APM king of P, and Goody is the low APM king of terran, who is the foreign zerg equivalent?


I am not sure you can have low apm with zerg, it would actually be difficult.

I think that Lowely plays at sub-200 APM iirc

And we can see the results that have yielded. I can't really see anything sub 200 APM working in TvZ vs someone who knows how to drop.

Lowely has achieved almost the same amount of success as Goody though. (Goody won $16,000 Lowely won $12,000) so I wouldn't say he hasn't had success.

GoOdy won 24k though: http://aligulac.com/players/193-GoOdy/earnings/

Hmm I guess SC2 earnings has failed me. I'm assuming the rest of the money must come from small weekly tournaments and such. Trying to decide if it's worth it to research but I know Lowely has taken games and even series' off of top players. He doesn't spam and plays at the bare minimum (almost all of his APM is effective). I'm not saying he's this incredible top foreigner or that faster play wouldn't help him I was just pointing out that he is the closest thing to a zerg equivalent to Goody and Elfi.

Yeah, sc2earnings gives you a general idea, but it ignores a lot of small tournies, so that players often participating in them (GoOdy, Nerchio, etc.) are losing a lot of money there (>10k for Nerchio). I´d recommned aligulac for tatistics regarding money. But you are right, Lowely has had his successes in the past, I remember him eliminating Yonghwa and MKP at WCG 2012 and he also knocked out Gumiho in some RSL, IIRC.

In RSL 2 he beat Gumiho in the 3rd place match and in the next season he beat Naniwa, Oz, Bly, VortiX and MMA in consecutive Bo5s.

BOOM knowledge bombs

I think Lowely was actually (and surprisingly) quite good when WoL ended and he played it longer than anyone else in the pro scene, I think, so he ended up quite behind when others had already switched to the beta.

You can say what you want about the balance at that stage, but just objectively looking at results, I think one of the most unfair things of WCS Season 1 was the fact that Lowely didn't get a seed while others who hadn't done jackshit in a while still got a spot.
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
December 07 2013 00:18 GMT
#3175
Welmu is making me giggle hysterically, in a good way
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
jakethesnake
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada4948 Posts
December 07 2013 00:18 GMT
#3176
Money scout by jjakji. I hope he mops the floor with elfi.
Community Newsjjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji nshoseo.jpg
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
December 07 2013 00:18 GMT
#3177
SO TASTY
Dating thread on TL LUL
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
December 07 2013 00:19 GMT
#3178
On December 07 2013 09:17 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 09:11 Yorkie wrote:
On December 07 2013 09:10 StarVe wrote:
On December 07 2013 09:03 Xoronius wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:59 Yorkie wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:56 Xoronius wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:55 Yorkie wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:53 Squat wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:51 Yorkie wrote:
On December 07 2013 08:44 ImperialFist wrote:
[quote]

I am not sure you can have low apm with zerg, it would actually be difficult.

I think that Lowely plays at sub-200 APM iirc

And we can see the results that have yielded. I can't really see anything sub 200 APM working in TvZ vs someone who knows how to drop.

Lowely has achieved almost the same amount of success as Goody though. (Goody won $16,000 Lowely won $12,000) so I wouldn't say he hasn't had success.

GoOdy won 24k though: http://aligulac.com/players/193-GoOdy/earnings/

Hmm I guess SC2 earnings has failed me. I'm assuming the rest of the money must come from small weekly tournaments and such. Trying to decide if it's worth it to research but I know Lowely has taken games and even series' off of top players. He doesn't spam and plays at the bare minimum (almost all of his APM is effective). I'm not saying he's this incredible top foreigner or that faster play wouldn't help him I was just pointing out that he is the closest thing to a zerg equivalent to Goody and Elfi.

Yeah, sc2earnings gives you a general idea, but it ignores a lot of small tournies, so that players often participating in them (GoOdy, Nerchio, etc.) are losing a lot of money there (>10k for Nerchio). I´d recommned aligulac for tatistics regarding money. But you are right, Lowely has had his successes in the past, I remember him eliminating Yonghwa and MKP at WCG 2012 and he also knocked out Gumiho in some RSL, IIRC.

In RSL 2 he beat Gumiho in the 3rd place match and in the next season he beat Naniwa, Oz, Bly, VortiX and MMA in consecutive Bo5s.

BOOM knowledge bombs


You can say what you want about the balance at that stage, but just objectively looking at results, I think one of the most unfair things of WCS Season 1 was the fact that Lowely didn't get a seed while others who hadn't done jackshit in a while still got a spot.

Yeah most people who were knowledgeable were quite perplexed by that.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
December 07 2013 00:19 GMT
#3179
Omg I can't listen to Welmu.
Refer to my post.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
December 07 2013 00:19 GMT
#3180
GODS WORKS WERE MEANT TO BE SEEN, ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN
#elfiisgod
Moderator
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 178 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Bisu 556
BeSt 442
Hyuk 322
actioN 178
Leta 143
Zeus 111
EffOrt 110
ZerO 84
Soma 79
[ Show more ]
Light 74
Shinee 41
Mind 41
Mong 40
Killer 33
soO 33
sorry 30
Aegong 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 25
PianO 20
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 11
HiyA 10
Sharp 8
JulyZerg 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe138
League of Legends
JimRising 401
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1198
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King164
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1805
Other Games
gofns27938
summit1g8391
olofmeister1390
singsing1367
ceh9602
crisheroes308
DeMusliM135
ArmadaUGS103
Livibee100
XBOCT84
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick502
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream244
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH257
• LUISG 16
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Jankos1990
• Rush1281
• Stunt429
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
25m
OSC
3h 25m
Stellar Fest
3h 25m
OSC
14h 25m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.