• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9251 users

$27,000 ESET Masters 2013 - Page 11

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
August 17 2014 05:50 GMT
#201
seems they did a piss poor job of making this tournament known, didn't even know it was happening until someone told me stardust was in the semis and about to win 10k

gj sd!
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Wormi
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany181 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 07:07:43
August 17 2014 07:07 GMT
#202
the promo for this tournament was once again pretty non existent. there are plenty of 100$ showmatches every day that are hyped much more. i accidentally found it in the tl stream list. someone tell them to use more than their own facebook page to promote stuff.
I´m a real person. Beep beep.
TheOneAboveU
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany3367 Posts
August 17 2014 10:38 GMT
#203
On August 17 2014 08:25 xYc wrote:
So, was the third place match played off-stream or will we get to see that and when?

Patience and HeRoMaRinE agreed to share the prize money for 3rd/4th place, both didn't want to play a decider. Marine also agreed to give Patience the 3rd place trophy.

As far as promotion goes: We planned on having BaseTrade cast, but as I said that didn't work out on short terms.
Also it's pretty hard to promote anything without WCS points these days (and we did not get any points despite fullfilling all requirements and several applications to Blizzard - unlike some other events *cough*Gfinity*cough*).

We still had nice numbers on the german stream, so thanks to anyone who tuned in. As I said I will anser any questions or concerns when I am home again.
Once again, apologies to the english audience.
Moderatoralias TripleM | @TL_TripleM | Big Dark Energy!
watchlulu
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany475 Posts
August 17 2014 11:04 GMT
#204
On August 17 2014 16:07 Wormi wrote:
the promo for this tournament was once again pretty non existent. there are plenty of 100$ showmatches every day that are hyped much more. i accidentally found it in the tl stream list. someone tell them to use more than their own facebook page to promote stuff.


Well first of all these finals should've happened last year so I guess many just forgot about it.

Also the HomerJ Crew seems to not give many shits about SC2 anymore. I mean they did an okay Job yesterday but it was way better in the earlier years.
The Caster never really had to much game knowledge and his casting was about entertaining the audience rather than having good game analysis etc. ... but if you're only good at entertaining and you're not really excited by the game, you won't to great.

Also I really don't like how they dealt with criticism in the Twitch chat. I mean there was of course a whole lot of bullshit going on but they threw out bans left and right even for the slightest little piece of criticism and the caster himself it trolling and talking bullshit about every single person he want's.

I got banned permanently for saying that the poor guy that interviewed the players had really thick glasses (because he had)... I mean wtf. I have thick glasses by myself and I wasn't even trying to make fun of him.

About the tournament itself: I think part of the little Hype was the lack of players to really cheer for combined with the feeling that Stardust will win this pretty easily (well it wasn't that easy but he won nonetheless).
The Matches (I was able to catch) were not that exciting, only one game of Patience vs. Stardust got me, mostly because I really didn't want Stardust to win but that's another story.

Overall I hope there will be a new Season, maybe with fresh motivation, but I'm really not sure if this is going to happen.
Have a nice day!
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
August 17 2014 12:11 GMT
#205
I suppose it is hard to hype a tournament that is more than 8 months late. At least 3 players that entered the tournament has since quit SC2 altogether I believe, which kind of diminishes the glory of the tournament too. I think it would do the organizers good to rather rapidly get another tournament going and finish it within the planned time frame to get some credibility back. No need for jealous stabs about WCS points, just do great events and the points will come I'm sure.
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
TheOneAboveU
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany3367 Posts
August 17 2014 21:45 GMT
#206
@Trumpet: The "poor guy" interviewer was me btw.
And I don't agree with the "too little hype"-thing - sure, the atmosphere was not like in the finals of the ESET Masters 2012 (but thats hard to overcome anyways), but the crowd actually had a lot of energy, Marine, StarDust and Golden are quite popular with the fans.
Also having the Ro4 and the Finals going the full distance was pretty epic I think.
HomerJ's voice was almost ruined from the day before, I myself stood upon a stage and did a broadcast for the first time in my life - so yeah, we couldn't go to the maximum unfortunately.
About Twitch-Chat, no idea what happened there, but we wanted a positive atmosphere in there.

All in all we dealt with a pretty crappy situation in these finals, and for what we had at our disposal we did well I think.
I am not sure how much I can say in public, but please don't judge our abilities by this event... a lot was out of our influence unfortunately.
I started with the english blog while taking the train home, will finish it when I wake up tomorrow.
Moderatoralias TripleM | @TL_TripleM | Big Dark Energy!
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
August 17 2014 23:02 GMT
#207
When the 2013 Finals occur at August 2014, there must have gone something wrong, it describes a bit the missing hype. No (important) english caster was... not good either, but it happens. I'd like 2 watch the tournament, we have seen good games.
I hope i dont have to say something to the sound problems, they were most annoying ( for you and for the viewers ).
I dont know if there will be a ESET Masters 2015 ( with Finals 2015 ), but i hope it.
And no offense, but the EPS Finals with smaller prize pool and without a current WCS Champion were much more succesfull when it comes 2 viewers and hype. Maybe just learn something for the future, when you stick with SC II.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM383
TaKeTV 51
BRAT_OK 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 383
ProTech145
TKL 74
UpATreeSC 68
Codebar 35
Rex 33
BRAT_OK 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1303
Shuttle 1114
EffOrt 514
ggaemo 336
Mini 329
Stork 265
firebathero 200
Light 181
Dewaltoss 103
Rush 102
[ Show more ]
Barracks 85
910 75
Zeus 56
sorry 56
Killer 53
Mong 45
Shine 44
Hyun 43
Shinee 42
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 23
soO 22
Aegong 21
Sexy 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4311
Dendi1946
BananaSlamJamma432
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 712
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes592
Other Games
singsing2073
Liquid`RaSZi2040
hiko1196
B2W.Neo1021
Liquid`VortiX238
Sick170
ArmadaUGS155
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream518
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2263
• TFBlade759
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.