• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:22
CEST 12:22
KST 19:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8111 users

[ATC] Karont3 vs Axiom, Week 3 - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Jotoco
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1342 Posts
April 13 2013 14:37 GMT
#81
On April 13 2013 23:36 Jotoco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 23:29 Jotoco wrote:
Vortix is so far behind now...

I don't know what he can do


Well, a fungal on ALL Voids and a crazy surround seems like a good start.



But still not enough
AngryMag
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany1040 Posts
April 13 2013 14:39 GMT
#82
On April 13 2013 23:37 Jotoco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 23:36 Jotoco wrote:
On April 13 2013 23:29 Jotoco wrote:
Vortix is so far behind now...

I don't know what he can do


Well, a fungal on ALL Voids and a crazy surround seems like a good start.



But still not enough


it was too late, if he had some infestors with his attack on Crank's fourth it might have very well changed the game. Vortix was behind from his initial roach attack. Crank earned his win
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 13 2013 14:39 GMT
#83
Oh god Crank, that game was so awful by him. If he hadn't been carried by the incredible early game lead all game long, this would have ended quite differently. He tried to throw the game at so many points in time.

I thought the game against MaNa last time where he lost after giving away an almost unloseable lead had taught him a lesson but apparently not
Jotoco
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1342 Posts
April 13 2013 14:39 GMT
#84
If he just double expanded while adding a handful more infestors, I think he should be better.

Crank would have added a lot of ground units that were not very good (few upgrades) and wasted a lot of supply on a 200/200 fight later on.

But good games. GG.
Andorson
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany166 Posts
April 13 2013 14:40 GMT
#85
GG Axiom! Well played.
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 16:16:28
April 13 2013 16:00 GMT
#86
Sorry I could not cast this, but I did make TakeTV aware of that a week in advance. I cannot cast matches that are starting at 8am EST, that's just not reasonable, I work later into the night because it's quieter then. I hope next weeks matches will be at later times.

Also the team apologizes for scrappy play but apparently they had awful lag.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 13 2013 16:06 GMT
#87
It's always matches with Korean teams that start so early, so I assumed they were scheduling it this way to accomodate Koreans so they can start the match at 9PM KST instead of 11PM or midnight.

I think you do get better games when the players are not tired.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
April 13 2013 16:27 GMT
#88
On April 14 2013 01:06 StarVe wrote:
It's always matches with Korean teams that start so early, so I assumed they were scheduling it this way to accomodate Koreans so they can start the match at 9PM KST instead of 11PM or midnight.

I think you do get better games when the players are not tired.


Yes I agree, I'd rather have the qualitiy of a cast suffer than the quality of the games, due to tiredness. But I also don't think TB should have to stay up at 8am after working all night. So I Think Take.TV just has to get more EU casters on board.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
April 13 2013 16:58 GMT
#89
On April 14 2013 01:27 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 01:06 StarVe wrote:
It's always matches with Korean teams that start so early, so I assumed they were scheduling it this way to accomodate Koreans so they can start the match at 9PM KST instead of 11PM or midnight.

I think you do get better games when the players are not tired.


Yes I agree, I'd rather have the qualitiy of a cast suffer than the quality of the games, due to tiredness. But I also don't think TB should have to stay up at 8am after working all night. So I Think Take.TV just has to get more EU casters on board.

I don't think they have to. They already coordinate a teamleague played online and broadcasted live with teams from around the globe. That's enough coordination already.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
April 13 2013 17:15 GMT
#90
On April 14 2013 01:58 grs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 01:27 Musicus wrote:
On April 14 2013 01:06 StarVe wrote:
It's always matches with Korean teams that start so early, so I assumed they were scheduling it this way to accomodate Koreans so they can start the match at 9PM KST instead of 11PM or midnight.

I think you do get better games when the players are not tired.


Yes I agree, I'd rather have the qualitiy of a cast suffer than the quality of the games, due to tiredness. But I also don't think TB should have to stay up at 8am after working all night. So I Think Take.TV just has to get more EU casters on board.

I don't think they have to. They already coordinate a teamleague played online and broadcasted live with teams from around the globe. That's enough coordination already.


Haha, no of course they don't have to, they are doing a great job already and I am not ordering them around. But it's what they have to do, if they want more viewers consistently and better sponsor exposure. I think Acer and Intel would not mind 10k people more watching. And to some extent, it's TakeTv's job to give their sponsor as much exposure as possible. So it's more about what they should do I guess.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
April 13 2013 17:59 GMT
#91
On April 14 2013 02:15 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 01:58 grs wrote:
On April 14 2013 01:27 Musicus wrote:
On April 14 2013 01:06 StarVe wrote:
It's always matches with Korean teams that start so early, so I assumed they were scheduling it this way to accomodate Koreans so they can start the match at 9PM KST instead of 11PM or midnight.

I think you do get better games when the players are not tired.


Yes I agree, I'd rather have the qualitiy of a cast suffer than the quality of the games, due to tiredness. But I also don't think TB should have to stay up at 8am after working all night. So I Think Take.TV just has to get more EU casters on board.

I don't think they have to. They already coordinate a teamleague played online and broadcasted live with teams from around the globe. That's enough coordination already.


Haha, no of course they don't have to, they are doing a great job already and I am not ordering them around. But it's what they have to do, if they want more viewers consistently and better sponsor exposure. I think Acer and Intel would not mind 10k people more watching. And to some extent, it's TakeTv's job to give their sponsor as much exposure as possible. So it's more about what they should do I guess.

Yes, that is perfectly true. I just think it is already a great feat. As far as I know, this is the first team league that is able to broadcast online games live and that's really awesome. There is always room for improvement though
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 18:03:36
April 13 2013 17:59 GMT
#92
On April 14 2013 01:00 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Sorry I could not cast this, but I did make TakeTV aware of that a week in advance. I cannot cast matches that are starting at 8am EST, that's just not reasonable, I work later into the night because it's quieter then. I hope next weeks matches will be at later times.

Also the team apologizes for scrappy play but apparently they had awful lag.

I certainly hope no one here blames YOU for not being able to cast this!

I find it unfortunate that there was no alternate (in part because I've let Dennis know I could help out in cases just like today). Also Nathanias would wake up at just about any time for the chance to cast too.

On April 14 2013 02:59 grs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 02:15 Musicus wrote:
On April 14 2013 01:58 grs wrote:
On April 14 2013 01:27 Musicus wrote:
On April 14 2013 01:06 StarVe wrote:
It's always matches with Korean teams that start so early, so I assumed they were scheduling it this way to accomodate Koreans so they can start the match at 9PM KST instead of 11PM or midnight.

I think you do get better games when the players are not tired.


Yes I agree, I'd rather have the qualitiy of a cast suffer than the quality of the games, due to tiredness. But I also don't think TB should have to stay up at 8am after working all night. So I Think Take.TV just has to get more EU casters on board.

I don't think they have to. They already coordinate a teamleague played online and broadcasted live with teams from around the globe. That's enough coordination already.


Haha, no of course they don't have to, they are doing a great job already and I am not ordering them around. But it's what they have to do, if they want more viewers consistently and better sponsor exposure. I think Acer and Intel would not mind 10k people more watching. And to some extent, it's TakeTv's job to give their sponsor as much exposure as possible. So it's more about what they should do I guess.

Yes, that is perfectly true. I just think it is already a great feat. As far as I know, this is the first team league that is able to broadcast online games live and that's really awesome. There is always room for improvement though


Yeah, I've been very impressed with how well this league has been going so far (at least from a spectator).

Unless you're getting someone like TB to cast you're not going to be adding 10k viewers :D
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 18:16:22
April 13 2013 18:15 GMT
#93
As y0su mentioned it's about balance. I can get a big audience and you also need to consider the audience you can get naturally by having it at a more US friendly time. It is of course extremely difficult to find a time that is comfortable for everyone, but I know our guys are more than willing to play late at night, their sleeping schedules are setup for that anyway. We need sponsor ROI to make the league successful and so far at least when I've been casting that has been happening. The numbers are REALLY strong. Last Saturday I pulled 15k concurrents on the English stream alone, that's really big for an online team league, that's stronger than IPTLs regular week to week tournament was, significantly stronger. I can't really think of any online league that can pull that off and we're pulling it regularly. Combining the other streams you have a HUGE amount of concurrents.

So the balance is difficult but essential. If you want more views you've gotta make sure it's at a good time.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
SinCitta
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany2127 Posts
April 13 2013 18:34 GMT
#94
After the clanwar I sent a PM to an organizer with the suggestion to setup a wiki/shared Google Docs page to coordinate the broadcast better. Who is planned to be the caster for a language, who is possibly there as a replacement? Is the caster really there (check-in)? Who makes a Reddit thread, who makes LR? It's better to have that in a central place than all over Skype conversations (not sure if this is the case currently, but it appeared to be so when Rotti was jumping in halfway through a clanwar).
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 18:42:33
April 13 2013 18:42 GMT
#95
I really feel this is all overthinking it. There is already more than enough coordination involved in the production. Either the casters join in or they don't. More coordination leads to more chaos in this case: people coming late, dropping, etc. The event is awesome, there is no need for me to go with a "we need every viewer in any case to promote esports". Sure there is sponsors and financial interest involved, but if you compare Take's events to others, the more laid back while still professional approach seems to be more successful than the sometimes overthought ones from bigger organizations.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
April 13 2013 19:00 GMT
#96
On April 14 2013 03:42 grs wrote:
I really feel this is all overthinking it. There is already more than enough coordination involved in the production. Either the casters join in or they don't. More coordination leads to more chaos in this case: people coming late, dropping, etc. The event is awesome, there is no need for me to go with a "we need every viewer in any case to promote esports". Sure there is sponsors and financial interest involved, but if you compare Take's events to others, the more laid back while still professional approach seems to be more successful than the sometimes overthought ones from bigger organizations.

I disagree a bit, obviously it's fine for us because we speak German and TaKeTV already stream every match since it's their own cup, but I can absolutely understand viewers from other countries who really want an English stream for every single match because that's just the way SC2 works right now.

Having a replacement caster when the designated ones can't make it doesn't make the tournament less laid-back, it just makes it more convenient for everyone.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
April 13 2013 20:59 GMT
#97
Not really surprised by the score; good job Axiom!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11748
StarCastTV_EN278
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings43
CranKy Ducklings SOOP14
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 7132
Jaedong 3259
EffOrt 2090
actioN 892
BeSt 830
Killer 497
Soma 497
Horang2 449
Pusan 347
ZerO 331
[ Show more ]
Stork 183
Zeus 159
Rush 99
JYJ 91
soO 69
HiyA 61
Barracks 52
Mong 39
ToSsGirL 36
Shinee 33
Bale 28
Sharp 24
NaDa 21
sorry 20
Sexy 20
Terrorterran 16
JulyZerg 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc3382
XaKoH 362
Counter-Strike
edward62
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1025
WinterStarcraft839
Other Games
gofns55330
singsing1322
olofmeister1228
ceh9543
byalli369
Livibee195
Pyrionflax122
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick515
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream390
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 178
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1920
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 38m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.