• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:36
CEST 22:36
KST 05:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8241 users

ESET UK HOTS £10,000 Invitational Qualifier #2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
ESETUKMasters
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom59 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-14 10:38:34
February 11 2013 18:42 GMT
#1
[image loading][image loading]


This is an invitational tournament featuring 16 highly rated European based players. The tournament will be straight single elimination, with best of 3 played in the Ro16 and Ro8, and best of 5 played in the Semi Finals and Finals.

The top 3 players from this tournament will win direct invites to the ESET UK Masters Insomnia48 event, recieve a hotel and up to £150(~$240/€180) towards their travel.



[image loading]

Casters: Lyrlian | Madals | JoRoSaR
[image loading] twitch.tv



[image loading]

HERE
(Wiki)Liquidpedia


[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Players] +

(Z)Ret
(Z)TLO
(P)MaNa
(Z)HappyZerG
(T)MorroW
(T)Strelok
(T)ForGG
(P)CranK
(P)ToD
(P)Shew
(P)Feast
(P)HwangSin
(T)HeRoMaRinE
(T)Turuk
(T)Fuzer
(P)DreAm



[image loading]

Complete



[image loading]

- 19:00 GMT/20:00 CET - (P)CranK vs (T)HeRoMaRinE
- 20:30 GMT/21:30 CET - (T)ForGG vs (T)Strelok
- 22:00 GMT/23:00 CET - Losers match



[image loading]

Released Soon

[image loading]
[image loading][image loading]
madals
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom624 Posts
February 11 2013 18:44 GMT
#2
Looking forward to this and cannot wait to see the hype when people see who is going to be playing (hint: I know a few who are and I am hyped about it :D)
Caster: @Madals91 http://www.youtube.com/Madals91 <--
magicallypuzzled
Profile Joined June 2011
United States588 Posts
February 12 2013 06:34 GMT
#3
I am hoping yugioh signs up with sage already qualified it would seem efficient to try and get a second root player in there.
is depressed
ESETUKMasters
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom59 Posts
February 12 2013 16:27 GMT
#4
Updated with full player list.

Got a nice mix of Koreans, Europeans and an American rounding off the list.

Top 3 will go onto join:

(P)BlinG
(T)KrasS
(P)Verdi
(P)Sage
(Z)Minato
(P)NightEnD
(P)HasuObs

At the event in March for £10,000!
evilguy13
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom141 Posts
February 13 2013 15:59 GMT
#5
sexy
Host of Caster Challenges, manager/caster of TLR eSports, caster for inStarcraft.de, host/caster of Fast Expand, pusher of the UK scene
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 16:22:30
February 13 2013 16:22 GMT
#6
Prrrooootoooossss!

Still, ForGG is the favourite, I guess. Maybe Crank and someone else will make it, in any case, the tournament will be full of Protoss.
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 18:26:30
February 13 2013 18:25 GMT
#7
On February 14 2013 01:22 StarVe wrote:
Prrrooootoooossss!

Still, ForGG is the favourite, I guess. Maybe Crank and someone else will make it, in any case, the tournament will be full of Protoss.


I´d favor MaNa over ForGG, he defeated him at the ESWC finals and that did´nt took that long. Don´t know, who has played more HotS though. Turuk might be a possible darkhorse, he defeated Jjakji last week in the Nova cup (HotS) and won the whole thing.

Edit: Happy (korean) Birthday!
Yazuac
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20 Posts
February 13 2013 18:41 GMT
#8
Crank all the way!
madals
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom624 Posts
February 13 2013 19:04 GMT
#9
We are live now ToD v Crank BO3 up first!
Caster: @Madals91 http://www.youtube.com/Madals91 <--
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
February 13 2013 19:56 GMT
#10
Can you really use resume from replay in an online tourney? I mean everyone could watch it at home.
dani`
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands2402 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 20:16:28
February 13 2013 20:07 GMT
#11
On February 14 2013 04:56 Xoronius wrote:
Can you really use resume from replay in an online tourney? I mean everyone could watch it at home.

That's a good point, though I suppose you should trust the players somewhat. I mean you might as well stop holding online tourneys as everybody can just use map hack anyway ^_^

T_T ToD forgetting range on Collosi vs Crank game 3. Huge mistake, made him lose the game.
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
February 13 2013 20:31 GMT
#12
On February 14 2013 04:56 Xoronius wrote:
Can you really use resume from replay in an online tourney? I mean everyone could watch it at home.


Run a broadcast delay, no problem.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
tianGO
Profile Joined August 2010
Argentina591 Posts
February 13 2013 20:45 GMT
#13
Hey, forGG has to play this and doesn't know any chat channel or someone to contact in order to play, he's asking around in his stream. Any help?
Thanks.
"He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future."
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
February 13 2013 21:01 GMT
#14
On February 14 2013 05:31 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 04:56 Xoronius wrote:
Can you really use resume from replay in an online tourney? I mean everyone could watch it at home.


Run a broadcast delay, no problem.


I did´nt mean the broadcast, I mean the replays themselfs, the not-disconnecting player should have a stable version of the game, he could check everything, what happened until than. It ould probably be risky, because someone from the friendlist could see, if somebody is in a replay, but still, the possibility is there. I don´t think either ToD or Crank would do smth. like that, but sadly there are some less trustable individuals out there (as proven by the daisuke-scandal).
Lukeeze[zR]
Profile Joined February 2006
Switzerland6838 Posts
February 13 2013 21:56 GMT
#15
5 terrans in ro8, what is this, 2010 ?
Terran & Potato Salad.
Pughy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Wales662 Posts
February 14 2013 02:43 GMT
#16
Theres already 7 players qualified (5 P, 1 T, 1 Z) and you hold a 16 man invite with 7 P, 6 T and just 3 Z? (I think Hwangsin is zerg tho). With mainly T's getting through this round I hope we get two zergs in the next qualifier xD
Commentatorwww.twitter.com/pughydude www.twitch.tv/pughydude
messioso
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark635 Posts
February 14 2013 11:14 GMT
#17
On February 14 2013 11:43 -PughyDude wrote:
Theres already 7 players qualified (5 P, 1 T, 1 Z) and you hold a 16 man invite with 7 P, 6 T and just 3 Z? (I think Hwangsin is zerg tho). With mainly T's getting through this round I hope we get two zergs in the next qualifier xD


Incredibly, we tried to balance it properly. But there were just not many Zerg, the previous qualifier had 7, however we wanted to try and get as many different players as possible. As it turns out, we used 31 players to fill 32 slots over the two qualifiers, the only one we let play twice is HappyZerg, and that is because of his unfortunate experience with his visa at the last event, that we wanted to give him as much chance to use it as possible.

Without specifically reserving X amount of slots for each race that I might not fill, there isn't much I can do. If I had reserved 5 slots for each race, Hyun/Tefel/Zazu only made it clear they wanted to attend under 2 days before the tournament was due to begin. By this point the qualifier had been filled and I had confirmed players attendance, and that was already 4 days later than I had planned to due to the rescheduling of the Open Qualifier #1 the week before.

The previous invitational we had a complete lack of Terran wanting to play, this time we had double that which was great, however the only race that seems to have lots of players consistently is Protoss. When that is the case, there isn't much we can do unless we only confirm everyone's place right before we start. I don't like to work this way as it means there could be many people preparing for a tournament they won't even take part in if they don't "make the cut".

On another note, updated the thread to show the semi finals schedule.
Former ESL League Operations. I ran IEM/WCS for like 3 years or something. I did map vetos on a tablet. That guy.
Pughy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Wales662 Posts
February 14 2013 14:31 GMT
#18
On February 14 2013 20:14 messioso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 11:43 -PughyDude wrote:
Theres already 7 players qualified (5 P, 1 T, 1 Z) and you hold a 16 man invite with 7 P, 6 T and just 3 Z? (I think Hwangsin is zerg tho). With mainly T's getting through this round I hope we get two zergs in the next qualifier xD


Incredibly, we tried to balance it properly. But there were just not many Zerg, the previous qualifier had 7, however we wanted to try and get as many different players as possible. As it turns out, we used 31 players to fill 32 slots over the two qualifiers, the only one we let play twice is HappyZerg, and that is because of his unfortunate experience with his visa at the last event, that we wanted to give him as much chance to use it as possible.

Without specifically reserving X amount of slots for each race that I might not fill, there isn't much I can do. If I had reserved 5 slots for each race, Hyun/Tefel/Zazu only made it clear they wanted to attend under 2 days before the tournament was due to begin. By this point the qualifier had been filled and I had confirmed players attendance, and that was already 4 days later than I had planned to due to the rescheduling of the Open Qualifier #1 the week before.

The previous invitational we had a complete lack of Terran wanting to play, this time we had double that which was great, however the only race that seems to have lots of players consistently is Protoss. When that is the case, there isn't much we can do unless we only confirm everyone's place right before we start. I don't like to work this way as it means there could be many people preparing for a tournament they won't even take part in if they don't "make the cut".

On another note, updated the thread to show the semi finals schedule.


You know me bro, gotta keep ya on your toes
Commentatorwww.twitter.com/pughydude www.twitch.tv/pughydude
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-14 15:45:39
February 14 2013 15:40 GMT
#19
I hope HeroMarine can make it through, if yes, then it should be his first bigger international event, right?
And all that before he turns 16.

Also rooting for BratOk, the players from Ukraine gets screwed with so much because of visa issues, just got to root for them whenever you see one in the endstages of the qualifier.

Now the question is whether Crank of ForGG... I think my heart goes with ForGG, even though because I like Crank more, simply because I believe that Tb will send Crank to one or more international events anyways. For ForGG, on the other hand, this is one of the rare chances to visit one.
Tidus Mino
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1108 Posts
February 14 2013 16:19 GMT
#20
On February 15 2013 00:40 JustPassingBy wrote:
I hope HeroMarine can make it through, if yes, then it should be his first bigger international event, right?
And all that before he turns 16.

Also rooting for BratOk, the players from Ukraine gets screwed with so much because of visa issues, just got to root for them whenever you see one in the endstages of the qualifier.

Now the question is whether Crank of ForGG... I think my heart goes with ForGG, even though because I like Crank more, simply because I believe that Tb will send Crank to one or more international events anyways. For ForGG, on the other hand, this is one of the rare chances to visit one.


BratOK is from Russia*
Head of Production at FACEITTV, ex-WW & Mouz SC2 manager
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason23
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 94
Zeus 69
Trap 39
910 30
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
edward432
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS130
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4096
Liquid`Hasu2130
Other Games
summit1g5946
B2W.Neo580
byalli512
shahzam418
ToD219
C9.Mang0166
KnowMe149
Railgan17
Chillindude14
Trikslyr9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 24m
Stellar Fest
16h 24m
Stellar Fest
16h 24m
Stellar Fest
16h 24m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.