• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:35
CEST 11:35
KST 18:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6509 users

Iron Squid II Grand Final - Page 240

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 238 239 240 241 242 243 Next
Usual rules apply. Balance whine will be moderated harshly.
Vesky
Profile Joined January 2013
United States857 Posts
January 27 2013 07:38 GMT
#4781
Wow, I had to go to bed when it was 3-1 DRG, feel like I missed an awesome finals
Kabutomaru
Profile Joined March 2011
Bulgaria226 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 07:44:27
January 27 2013 07:39 GMT
#4782
Congratz to the Iron Squid Team. Great show (orchestra intro = nerd chills), great casters, great music. Maybe some of the games weren't the best, but hey it is a tournament after all Life is a monster, hopefully we will see more mixed matchups in the future (HoTS is getting pretty good)
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
January 27 2013 07:41 GMT
#4783
GRATS to my fav = life! I didnt get a chance to see the ZvZ finals, cos I dont really enjoy them. BUT it was a fantastic tournament NONETHELESS :D Huge grats to the organiser, orchestras, MCs, casters and all the people behind the scenes! THANK YOU for making it an awesome experience! :D <3 from Copenhagen.
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
Opera
Profile Joined March 2011
France469 Posts
January 27 2013 08:34 GMT
#4784
Dudes it was the greatest tournament EVER ! Pomf & Thud put up a great show, the crowd was amazing and the games were awesome ! So glad I went there
It ain't over till it's over
ibo422
Profile Joined April 2012
Belgium2844 Posts
January 27 2013 08:47 GMT
#4785
Ironsquid should rerun the whole thing on their stream for the next 2-3 days..
DeCoder
Profile Joined December 2010
Finland236 Posts
January 27 2013 09:13 GMT
#4786
OMG that production quality! I'm in awe.
JuiceBoxHero
Profile Joined January 2011
117 Posts
January 27 2013 09:27 GMT
#4787
omg marineking bodied. must. not. QQ!!!!
AIOL!
Profile Joined January 2011
France962 Posts
January 27 2013 09:51 GMT
#4788
OMG at the end the trophy is so heavy that Life barely can carry it over his head. lawl
Stephano!!!!!!/Nerchio/Mana/Hasuobs/Grubby/Kas/Tarson/Sarens/Goody/BeastyCury
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
January 27 2013 10:05 GMT
#4789
Someone needs to update the results in the OP ;o
Schmobutzen
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany284 Posts
January 27 2013 10:24 GMT
#4790
Is it just me or is the IroSquid site on twitch just too laggy?
Ahelvin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
France1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 10:57:32
January 27 2013 10:55 GMT
#4791
Oh god, where to start...

I was at the venue all day, and I can barely fathom how exciting everything in this tournament was.

For the very first time, in the Grand Final, I think I realized how much of a battle of will SC2 is. Seeing Life down 3-0, eyes closed in his booth, slowly trying to recollect himself. Then the first win from him. And the second. And the third.

I clearly remember crossing my fingers when DRG dropped the 10 Pool, then the gas. Then I saw the 15 Hatch from Life, followed by a gas. I turned to my friends and said : "This is over. BO loss. 10Pool Bane is just an autowin VS hatch first, let alone Hatch first then gas".

Then the attack began. I suspended my breath when Life, amazingly, microed his drones to kill two zerglings without losing a single one. I saw the banelings failing to detonate on many drones. I saw the spine crawler killed, and at the very moment, I said "This is over. Damn, such a shame it ended like this".

And then queen popped. The hero queen, the one to save it all. I saw the last baneling cocoons being canceled by DRG, in order to fight back against Life's zerglings. When the dust settled, DRG was at the bottom of the natural's ramp. He tried to morph a few banelings, quickly killed by Life. And there, on screen, the GG appeared.

I, along with more than 3500 people, jumped out of my seat, screaming the most primal roar. I was amazed, I was shivering, I was thrilled. I yelled until my throat hurt, I had tears in my eyes. I watched Life step out of his booth and let out a sigh of relief, wrapping himself in the South Korean flag. That was beautiful, that was pure emotion.

Thanks to everybody involved into this tournament, from the players and the casters to the Iron Squid staff and the crowd. You made this event special, and this is something that will stick in my mind.
Join the Liquipedia Zerg Project ! PM me for more information :).
Insoleet
Profile Joined May 2012
France1806 Posts
January 27 2013 11:10 GMT
#4792
Exactly the same story happened for me lol :D same commentaries, same reactions.... that was pure awesomeness
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3773 Posts
January 27 2013 12:05 GMT
#4793
On January 27 2013 06:29 Brutaxilos wrote:
Is that a RING on MKP's hand? He's engaged? O__o

I recall that MC once appeared on a tournament with a ring and when asked about it he said it is customary in Korea to wear such a ring if you are serious about your significant other or s.t. - I believe it's not even engagement phase, though. This may be similar.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
January 27 2013 12:07 GMT
#4794
On January 27 2013 11:20 Dodgin wrote:
Oh wow I just saw NesTea beat MKP 3-0 in the third place match, gonna have to watch that VOD. Great showing by him to at least take third place.


You'll like it. 2011 line-up, with 2011 builds, ending in 2011 fashion !

And :
+ Show Spoiler +
Nestea goind full JulyZerg
LiquipediaWanderer
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
January 27 2013 12:42 GMT
#4795
Congratulations to Life!!! I feel terrible now that I feel asleep and missed it all.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
AIOL!
Profile Joined January 2011
France962 Posts
January 27 2013 13:08 GMT
#4796
I closed the stream at 3-0 to play some LoL... shame on me !!!
Stephano!!!!!!/Nerchio/Mana/Hasuobs/Grubby/Kas/Tarson/Sarens/Goody/BeastyCury
Incomplet
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1419 Posts
January 27 2013 13:11 GMT
#4797
On January 27 2013 19:55 Ahelvin wrote:
Oh god, where to start...

I was at the venue all day, and I can barely fathom how exciting everything in this tournament was.

For the very first time, in the Grand Final, I think I realized how much of a battle of will SC2 is. Seeing Life down 3-0, eyes closed in his booth, slowly trying to recollect himself. Then the first win from him. And the second. And the third.

I clearly remember crossing my fingers when DRG dropped the 10 Pool, then the gas. Then I saw the 15 Hatch from Life, followed by a gas. I turned to my friends and said : "This is over. BO loss. 10Pool Bane is just an autowin VS hatch first, let alone Hatch first then gas".

Then the attack began. I suspended my breath when Life, amazingly, microed his drones to kill two zerglings without losing a single one. I saw the banelings failing to detonate on many drones. I saw the spine crawler killed, and at the very moment, I said "This is over. Damn, such a shame it ended like this".

And then queen popped. The hero queen, the one to save it all. I saw the last baneling cocoons being canceled by DRG, in order to fight back against Life's zerglings. When the dust settled, DRG was at the bottom of the natural's ramp. He tried to morph a few banelings, quickly killed by Life. And there, on screen, the GG appeared.

I, along with more than 3500 people, jumped out of my seat, screaming the most primal roar. I was amazed, I was shivering, I was thrilled. I yelled until my throat hurt, I had tears in my eyes. I watched Life step out of his booth and let out a sigh of relief, wrapping himself in the South Korean flag. That was beautiful, that was pure emotion.

Thanks to everybody involved into this tournament, from the players and the casters to the Iron Squid staff and the crowd. You made this event special, and this is something that will stick in my mind.


wonderful writeup! Wish i was there!
Bow down to the sons of Aiur...SKT1_Rain, CreatorPrime, ST_Parting, Liquid_Hero.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 13:12:54
January 27 2013 13:12 GMT
#4798
Here is half of the english team :
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

And a whole album of the after party : http://imgur.com/a/b5PqE
The legend of Darien lives on
Dorfmatratze
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany8 Posts
January 27 2013 13:16 GMT
#4799
Can some1 give me a link where I can watch the final again?.... I missed the final and I want to watch it so badly =(
ibo422
Profile Joined April 2012
Belgium2844 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 13:19:28
January 27 2013 13:17 GMT
#4800
On January 27 2013 22:12 mr_tolkien wrote:
Here is half of the english team :
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

And a whole album of the after party : http://imgur.com/a/b5PqE

life+drg pic is awesome, lucky guy!

On January 27 2013 22:16 Dorfmatratze wrote:
Can some1 give me a link where I can watch the final again?.... I missed the final and I want to watch it so badly =(

http://fr.twitch.tv/ironsquid/b/360810596 .. after 10ish hour
Prev 1 238 239 240 241 242 243 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1382
Bisu 961
Soma 436
EffOrt 179
hero 174
Pusan 106
HiyA 82
ZerO 49
sorry 40
Killer 38
[ Show more ]
soO 35
Bale 26
Rush 24
Mong 23
Shinee 21
Sharp 18
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Dota 2
Gorgc68
Counter-Strike
edward52
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft824
crisheroes651
Other Games
gofns44759
olofmeister1243
singsing1141
ceh9539
Livibee218
Pyrionflax140
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream557
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 35
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2369
League of Legends
• Jankos1567
• Rush1497
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
26m
Afreeca Starleague
26m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 26m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.