• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:51
CEST 00:51
KST 07:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10340 users

Top 200 HotS KOTH - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
ObliviousNA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States535 Posts
December 28 2012 05:37 GMT
#41
Too bad the stream was so choppy and there were fewer big names, this was my favorite thing to watch last year. Friday night, beer + barbeque, KOTH. Boss.

Hopefully more pros play the beta before release, or we're going to have a sparse few months. Also, the stream fixed in time for the last 3 minutes of a 200-60 supply game. Bleh. Fun casting though.
Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but no one knows why. In our lab, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and no one knows why.
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
December 28 2012 05:42 GMT
#42
What's the music playing between games?
PrOmiseCAST
Profile Joined August 2010
United States305 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 05:57:06
December 28 2012 05:55 GMT
#43
A bunch of Youtube video's that I liked.
Professional StarCraft 2 Commentator | twitch.tv/PrOmiseCAST / @PrOmiseCAST on Twitter.
PrOmiseCAST
Profile Joined August 2010
United States305 Posts
December 28 2012 05:57 GMT
#44
On December 28 2012 14:12 LonelyClock wrote:
From a player point of view I am very dissappointed by how this was ran. I ended up waiting 4 hours to not be able to play. I'm not too bothered as I was doing other things in the meantime but I think this is a place where some improvement can be. Maybe setting up a time frame (like 5pm-9pm PST) and setting up a player schedule. I do not like how the caster is "picking the story line" by being able to pick the player he wants. Just my 2 cents to help improve this for next time as I think this is a good way to be able to showcase some not as popular players.


I apologize for you sticking around for a very long time and not getting a chance to play in this week's top 200 koth. I knew these kinds of things were going to happen given that so many people wanted to play, and unfortunately, I can't get to everyone unless I'm streaming for 24 hours. Next week I will definitely put something together where everyone will be given an equal opportunity to participate and have their games casted. Once again, this is the first week that I do this and I know that improvements are needed, they will happen, just please be patient!

Next week we continue with BabyNight (P) who is 1 win away from securing his 5 wins and $50.00 prize.

Thank you to everyone who watched tonight's stream and I invite you all to come back next week @ 5:00PM PST / 8:00PM EST to watch some more amazing HotS beta games.
Professional StarCraft 2 Commentator | twitch.tv/PrOmiseCAST / @PrOmiseCAST on Twitter.
LonelyClock
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada29 Posts
December 28 2012 06:10 GMT
#45
On December 28 2012 14:57 QuanticPrOmise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 14:12 LonelyClock wrote:
From a player point of view I am very dissappointed by how this was ran. I ended up waiting 4 hours to not be able to play. I'm not too bothered as I was doing other things in the meantime but I think this is a place where some improvement can be. Maybe setting up a time frame (like 5pm-9pm PST) and setting up a player schedule. I do not like how the caster is "picking the story line" by being able to pick the player he wants. Just my 2 cents to help improve this for next time as I think this is a good way to be able to showcase some not as popular players.


I apologize for you sticking around for a very long time and not getting a chance to play in this week's top 200 koth. I knew these kinds of things were going to happen given that so many people wanted to play, and unfortunately, I can't get to everyone unless I'm streaming for 24 hours. Next week I will definitely put something together where everyone will be given an equal opportunity to participate and have their games casted. Once again, this is the first week that I do this and I know that improvements are needed, they will happen, just please be patient!

Next week we continue with BabyNight (P) who is 1 win away from securing his 5 wins and $50.00 prize.

Thank you to everyone who watched tonight's stream and I invite you all to come back next week @ 5:00PM PST / 8:00PM EST to watch some more amazing HotS beta games.


Maybe I came off a little to dissapointed but like i said, i was doing things in the meantime + watching stream so it wasn't a total waste of time. I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure someone felt like that and just trying to give feedback to make it better for next weeks.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
pureability
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States137 Posts
December 28 2012 06:22 GMT
#46
I think it would be cool to edit the results in the main post of each match to see who played
AGIANTSMURF
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1232 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 07:28:29
December 28 2012 07:27 GMT
#47
On December 28 2012 15:10 LonelyClock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 14:57 QuanticPrOmise wrote:
On December 28 2012 14:12 LonelyClock wrote:
From a player point of view I am very dissappointed by how this was ran. I ended up waiting 4 hours to not be able to play. I'm not too bothered as I was doing other things in the meantime but I think this is a place where some improvement can be. Maybe setting up a time frame (like 5pm-9pm PST) and setting up a player schedule. I do not like how the caster is "picking the story line" by being able to pick the player he wants. Just my 2 cents to help improve this for next time as I think this is a good way to be able to showcase some not as popular players.


I apologize for you sticking around for a very long time and not getting a chance to play in this week's top 200 koth. I knew these kinds of things were going to happen given that so many people wanted to play, and unfortunately, I can't get to everyone unless I'm streaming for 24 hours. Next week I will definitely put something together where everyone will be given an equal opportunity to participate and have their games casted. Once again, this is the first week that I do this and I know that improvements are needed, they will happen, just please be patient!

Next week we continue with BabyNight (P) who is 1 win away from securing his 5 wins and $50.00 prize.

Thank you to everyone who watched tonight's stream and I invite you all to come back next week @ 5:00PM PST / 8:00PM EST to watch some more amazing HotS beta games.


Maybe I came off a little to dissapointed but like i said, i was doing things in the meantime + watching stream so it wasn't a total waste of time. I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure someone felt like that and just trying to give feedback to make it better for next weeks.



This is pretty much how the top 200koth has always been run

The casters select the player order so that they can maximize the entertainment level of the games. Not to mention they want to make sure that the current king plays a decent number of good known players in order to make sure that someone doesnt get 5 wins beating no-name noobs and walking away with an undeserved 50$

I imagine they should be more strict and stick with players they know for now because there are alot of bad players who are in GM who would not be able to hold their own against the more known players and it would just be one sided games that nobody wants to watch.

If anything the top 200koth is something done more for the viewer than it is the players.

Personally I feel appreciative that this is being run whether or not i get to play as atleast i have something entertaining to watch that has a fresh and new feel to it
Thats "Grand-Master" SMURF to you.....
Sargonian
Profile Joined February 2012
United States164 Posts
December 28 2012 09:16 GMT
#48
r there vods? i missed it :>
PrOmiseCAST
Profile Joined August 2010
United States305 Posts
December 28 2012 09:42 GMT
#49
http://www.twitch.tv/gopromise/b/351724219 this is the majority of the games.
Professional StarCraft 2 Commentator | twitch.tv/PrOmiseCAST / @PrOmiseCAST on Twitter.
PrOmiseCAST
Profile Joined August 2010
United States305 Posts
December 29 2012 22:51 GMT
#50
Going to go over some of the replays from the KOTH. If you want to join me ; http://twitch.tv/GoPrOmise
Professional StarCraft 2 Commentator | twitch.tv/PrOmiseCAST / @PrOmiseCAST on Twitter.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 120
ViBE96
CosmosSc2 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 581
Artosis 498
910 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever409
League of Legends
JimRising 493
Counter-Strike
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS97
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5676
Liquid`Hasu1302
Other Games
summit1g8271
shahzam531
byalli361
C9.Mang0250
Trikslyr44
ZombieGrub23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 9m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 9m
Stellar Fest
14h 9m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.