• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:37
CEST 11:37
KST 18:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)33Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10251 users

[Code S] RO16 Nominations GSL 2012 Season 4 - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 65 66 67 Next
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
September 14 2012 03:45 GMT
#81
100% sure DRG will pick Heart. He's beaten him a bunch of times before at MLG and he always picked terrans. Not sure who I want Mvp to pick..probably JYP
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 14 2012 03:45 GMT
#82
On September 14 2012 12:41 CosmicSpiral wrote:
I already posted it in my blog, but I think the most pragmatic succession in the Group Nomination would be this:

Dongraegu (1), Heart (5), Hero (12), Life (13)
Squirtle (4), By.Sun (8), Leenock (9), Taeja (16)
Mvp (3), JYP (7), Symbol (10), Curious (15)
Seed (2), MarineKing (6), Happy (11), Polt (14)

Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 12:30 lichter wrote:
Predictions!

DRG
1 Life (Haven't seen a DRGvZ in a while)


Life would destroy DRG in the mirror matchup. I don't understand why people think he will be one of the first players to be chosen.


I'm not basing my picks on who I think is the easiest player or easiest match up, but rather based on player personalities. After what many consider a big DRG slump I think he'll want to prove he's still elite in every match up, and I just feel like him proving his ZvZ first
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Awesomeness
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany1361 Posts
September 14 2012 03:46 GMT
#83
I think Rain is kinda underrated overall, the GSL players know better. Pretty sure he will be picked as one of the last 4-5 guys, if none of the GSL players is cocky and just picks him for the sake of beating a kespa guy and well...MC isn't here.
xlord 5:0
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
September 14 2012 03:50 GMT
#84
On September 14 2012 12:45 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 12:41 CosmicSpiral wrote:
I already posted it in my blog, but I think the most pragmatic succession in the Group Nomination would be this:

Dongraegu (1), Heart (5), Hero (12), Life (13)
Squirtle (4), By.Sun (8), Leenock (9), Taeja (16)
Mvp (3), JYP (7), Symbol (10), Curious (15)
Seed (2), MarineKing (6), Happy (11), Polt (14)

On September 14 2012 12:30 lichter wrote:
Predictions!

DRG
1 Life (Haven't seen a DRGvZ in a while)


Life would destroy DRG in the mirror matchup. I don't understand why people think he will be one of the first players to be chosen.


I'm not basing my picks on who I think is the easiest player or easiest match up, but rather based on player personalities. After what many consider a big DRG slump I think he'll want to prove he's still elite in every match up, and I just feel like him proving his ZvZ first


So he will be like MC and get knocked out due to arrogance?
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 14 2012 03:52 GMT
#85
On September 14 2012 12:50 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 12:45 lichter wrote:
On September 14 2012 12:41 CosmicSpiral wrote:
I already posted it in my blog, but I think the most pragmatic succession in the Group Nomination would be this:

Dongraegu (1), Heart (5), Hero (12), Life (13)
Squirtle (4), By.Sun (8), Leenock (9), Taeja (16)
Mvp (3), JYP (7), Symbol (10), Curious (15)
Seed (2), MarineKing (6), Happy (11), Polt (14)

On September 14 2012 12:30 lichter wrote:
Predictions!

DRG
1 Life (Haven't seen a DRGvZ in a while)


Life would destroy DRG in the mirror matchup. I don't understand why people think he will be one of the first players to be chosen.


I'm not basing my picks on who I think is the easiest player or easiest match up, but rather based on player personalities. After what many consider a big DRG slump I think he'll want to prove he's still elite in every match up, and I just feel like him proving his ZvZ first


So he will be like MC and get knocked out due to arrogance?


DRG and Squirtle have the highest chance of making a cocky pick so I'm betting on them being most likely knocked out by their pick
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 03:59:51
September 14 2012 03:55 GMT
#86
On September 14 2012 12:52 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 12:50 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 14 2012 12:45 lichter wrote:
On September 14 2012 12:41 CosmicSpiral wrote:
I already posted it in my blog, but I think the most pragmatic succession in the Group Nomination would be this:

Dongraegu (1), Heart (5), Hero (12), Life (13)
Squirtle (4), By.Sun (8), Leenock (9), Taeja (16)
Mvp (3), JYP (7), Symbol (10), Curious (15)
Seed (2), MarineKing (6), Happy (11), Polt (14)

On September 14 2012 12:30 lichter wrote:
Predictions!

DRG
1 Life (Haven't seen a DRGvZ in a while)


Life would destroy DRG in the mirror matchup. I don't understand why people think he will be one of the first players to be chosen.


I'm not basing my picks on who I think is the easiest player or easiest match up, but rather based on player personalities. After what many consider a big DRG slump I think he'll want to prove he's still elite in every match up, and I just feel like him proving his ZvZ first


So he will be like MC and get knocked out due to arrogance?


DRG and Squirtle have the highest chance of making a cocky pick so I'm betting on them being most likely knocked out by their pick


I totally think that Squirtle will pick By.Sun as well!

But By.Sun stinks in PvP so he's safe there. Squirtle just wants to look like a tough guy.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 05:07:01
September 14 2012 04:14 GMT
#87
DRG picks Heart
Seed picks Hero
Mvp picks JYP
Squirtle picks Happy

Hero picks Symbol
JYP picks Curious
Happy picks Symbol
Heart picks Polt

Polt picks By.Rain
Symbol picks MarineKing
Curious picks Taeja
Leenock picks Life

This is based on if all of them are smart. Not taking in the factor of one of them trying to make a Group of Death with DRG, MarineKing, Taeja and Polt or some shit.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
Doubting
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada981 Posts
September 14 2012 04:25 GMT
#88
DRG isn't stupid. Any Zerg who picks Life to play is asking to lose. Actually anyone who picks Life is asking to lose^^. Hes that good.

I only see 3 people winning Code S this season

Life, Seed or Taeja

Squirtle and DRG for the outside chance
Life: The New Champion!!
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 14 2012 04:58 GMT
#89
On September 14 2012 13:25 Doubting wrote:
DRG isn't stupid. Any Zerg who picks Life to play is asking to lose. Actually anyone who picks Life is asking to lose^^. Hes that good.

I only see 3 people winning Code S this season

Life, Seed or Taeja

Squirtle and DRG for the outside chance


I have a feeling it won't be any of the favorites.

Who are the favorites this season anyway? Taeja's never made it past Ro8. Life is young and inexperienced, even though he is good (had one of the easier groups though). Seed just never seems to play like a favorite and never looks dominating (but finds ways to win). Squirtle doesn't look as monstrous as he did in Season 2. DRG seems to flipflop between periods of dominance and mediocrity. Symbol's invincibility has been shattered since his loss to Seed. MKP is forever kong. No one ever expects Mvp to win with his exploding wrists.

Season 1 was the only season where the favorite became champion (DRG). In Season 2, no one gave Mvp much of a chance until he got to the finals (even then most predicted Squirtle who was the favorite). And in Season 3 (Symbol Taeja or DRG as favorites) Seed was the underdog against Symbol, Byun and MC (who no one really expected to get to the finals). To be honest this is the first season in recent memory where there isn't a clear favorite.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Leenock or HerO has a fantasy run through Code S. The only people I'm discounting are Heart, JYP, and Happy. Even By.Sun and Curious have a shot.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
September 14 2012 05:02 GMT
#90
On September 14 2012 13:14 Fionn wrote:
DRG picks Heart
Seed picks Hero
Mvp picks JYP
Squirtle picks Happy

Hero picks Leenock
JYP picks Curious
Happy picks Symbol
Heart picks Polt

Polt picks By.Rain
Symbol picks MarineKing
Curious picks Taeja
Leenock picks Life

This is based on if all of them are smart. Not taking in the factor of one of them trying to make a Group of Death with DRG, MarineKing, Taeja and Polt or some shit.


I agree with some of these, but not HerO picking Leenock.. What makes you think this?
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
September 14 2012 05:07 GMT
#91
You're right. He'd pick Symbol.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
September 14 2012 05:10 GMT
#92
Are there any more favorites these days? Nobody has dominated the scene since the Nestea/Mvp/MC days.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
September 14 2012 05:12 GMT
#93
On September 14 2012 14:10 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Are there any more favorites these days? Nobody has dominated the scene since the Nestea/Mvp/MC days.


That's also because the seasons were a month long.

If the seasons were still a month long, DRG probably would have 2 or three titles by now, and I'm sure Squirtle would have gotten to a few more finals.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 05:16:29
September 14 2012 05:15 GMT
#94
Nobody will be picking Life,Taeja and By.Sun into their groups if they are smart.

Life is a potential royal roader.

If DRG can get 3 terrans(Heart,Polt and Happy), he stands a great chance to advance.

Play your best
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 05:16:04
September 14 2012 05:15 GMT
#95
On September 14 2012 14:12 Fionn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 14:10 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Are there any more favorites these days? Nobody has dominated the scene since the Nestea/Mvp/MC days.


That's also because the seasons were a month long.

If the seasons were still a month long, DRG probably would have 2 or three titles by now, and I'm sure Squirtle would have gotten to a few more finals.


I doubt that. Faster seasons also mean he would have had to contend with all the new talent more times as well, and his gameplay would have been dissected a lot faster. Even Squirtle made the finals more on momentum than anything revolutionary.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
September 14 2012 05:16 GMT
#96
i wouldn't be surprised if someone picks (P)By.Sun to get revenge
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
September 14 2012 05:16 GMT
#97
On September 14 2012 14:16 Sprouter wrote:
i wouldn't be surprised if someone picks (P)By.Sun to get revenge


A certain little young'un I presume?
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
September 14 2012 05:22 GMT
#98
On September 14 2012 12:52 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2012 12:50 CosmicSpiral wrote:
On September 14 2012 12:45 lichter wrote:
On September 14 2012 12:41 CosmicSpiral wrote:
I already posted it in my blog, but I think the most pragmatic succession in the Group Nomination would be this:

Dongraegu (1), Heart (5), Hero (12), Life (13)
Squirtle (4), By.Sun (8), Leenock (9), Taeja (16)
Mvp (3), JYP (7), Symbol (10), Curious (15)
Seed (2), MarineKing (6), Happy (11), Polt (14)

On September 14 2012 12:30 lichter wrote:
Predictions!

DRG
1 Life (Haven't seen a DRGvZ in a while)


Life would destroy DRG in the mirror matchup. I don't understand why people think he will be one of the first players to be chosen.


I'm not basing my picks on who I think is the easiest player or easiest match up, but rather based on player personalities. After what many consider a big DRG slump I think he'll want to prove he's still elite in every match up, and I just feel like him proving his ZvZ first


So he will be like MC and get knocked out due to arrogance?


DRG and Squirtle have the highest chance of making a cocky pick so I'm betting on them being most likely knocked out by their pick


Nah DRG learned his mistake already.He won't be doing cocky picks.
He would picking Heart 99% sure.

Play your best
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
September 14 2012 05:24 GMT
#99
my top 5 picks as to who will win would be in no order, seed,taeja,squirtle,by.sun and life, dark horses drg( i considered him to be in a slump but after yesterday...........not anymore.), hero, mkp and curious, underdogs would be heart, happy and probably jyp as well.
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-14 07:05:31
September 14 2012 05:32 GMT
#100
On September 14 2012 14:15 FakeDeath wrote:
Nobody will be picking Life,Taeja and By.Sun into their groups if they are smart.

Life is a potential royal roader.

If DRG can get 3 terrans(Heart,Polt and Happy), he stands a great chance to advance.



If DRG can get that group I'll be so shocked, Happy/Heart(and JYP) by far the weakest players(imo), I can't see them being left alone that long. Stranger things have happened in these before.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 65 66 67 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Bisu 556
BeSt 442
Hyuk 322
actioN 178
Leta 143
Zeus 111
EffOrt 110
ZerO 84
Soma 79
[ Show more ]
Light 74
Shinee 41
Mind 41
Mong 40
Killer 33
soO 33
sorry 30
Aegong 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 25
PianO 20
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 11
HiyA 10
Sharp 8
JulyZerg 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe152
League of Legends
JimRising 401
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1198
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King164
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1805
Other Games
gofns27938
summit1g8391
singsing1412
olofmeister1063
ceh9602
crisheroes308
DeMusliM135
ArmadaUGS109
Livibee100
XBOCT84
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick502
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream244
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH257
• LUISG 16
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2281
League of Legends
• Jankos1599
• Rush1281
• Stunt434
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
23m
OSC
3h 23m
Stellar Fest
3h 23m
OSC
14h 23m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.