• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:37
CEST 23:37
KST 06:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7078 users

Stephano vs White-Ra $5,000 Showmatch at SXSW! - Page 65

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 69 Next
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
March 11 2012 01:56 GMT
#1281
USA USA STEPHANO!

E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
desderak
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom206 Posts
March 11 2012 01:56 GMT
#1282
love stephano. such cheeky interviews
Broodwurst
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1586 Posts
March 11 2012 01:56 GMT
#1283
Oh god, he even likes the USA! USA! stuff xD
Fanboys = (ウ╹◡╹)ウ /// I like smiley faces
Azarkon
Profile Joined January 2010
United States21060 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-11 01:57:28
March 11 2012 01:56 GMT
#1284
I don't think about it. I just know what to do. - Stephano

That's the difference between Stephano and other Zergs, imo - the X factor.
IGNProLeague
Profile Joined April 2011
1184 Posts
March 11 2012 01:56 GMT
#1285
You must have missed the part where it took them 5 minutes to get Stephano's attention before the last game started. =P I have no doubt that they were soundproof. =D
umelbumel
Profile Joined January 2011
2026 Posts
March 11 2012 01:56 GMT
#1286
stephano. The man. love this guy
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
March 11 2012 01:56 GMT
#1287
Well, moderators, there you have it. Stephano said he likes it when Americans chant "USA" when he is playing.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
March 11 2012 01:56 GMT
#1288
GO STEPHANO usa usa usa usa!
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Cereb
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark3388 Posts
March 11 2012 01:56 GMT
#1289
Stephano is so "cute" in interviews ^_^
"Until the very very top in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in. The only problem is most people can't work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they don't have a real passion for. -Greg "IdrA" Fields
Seraphone
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom1219 Posts
March 11 2012 01:57 GMT
#1290
IPL shouldn't have let the community pick. We all knew this would be a total roflstomp as soon as it was announced.

Even Idra vs Huk would have been better.

The production and the atmosphere were good though just lacklustre games.
Mvp, Nestea, Leenock, MC, Oz, Jjakji!
JackDT
Profile Joined January 2012
724 Posts
March 11 2012 01:57 GMT
#1291
Even Thorzain doesn't challenge Stephano that much. Didn't Stephano 4-1 him the last tournament.
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
March 11 2012 01:57 GMT
#1292
On March 11 2012 10:55 NeXiLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2012 10:49 Zealot Orgy wrote:
On March 11 2012 10:44 NeXiLe wrote:
The players were like 20 feet from each other and like 10 feet from the casters. Even with "sound proof headphones," how is it possible to hot hear everything the casters are saying? Like that whitera is getting a mothership and how much energy it has and such ><

The soundproof headphones in the progaming scene are the same ones HELICOPTER PILOTS use to SOFTEN THE NOISE OF THE PROPELLERS.


And you think a voice of a human being, even a screaming one, is going to get through those headphones?


Well personally, I didn't know exactly what kind of headphones they were using but I know that using soundproof headphones at lan myself, I could still hear the casters over the speakers (although it sounded quite hollow) and all it takes to hear more is to angle one of the headphones slightly so there's a slit between it and your ear and you'll hear just fine. Even on camera, I think that would be a very easy thing to do and I don't think anybody would notice either.

I'm not accusing anyone of cheating I just think a soundproof booth AND headphones would be a better option. I remember reading in the past about some of the players talking about how they could hear the casters regardless of their booth/headphones but that may have been an isolated, corrected incident.

IPL did soundproof booths for their last live event. I am sure they will have them for IPL4, I don't think they were terrible worried about the players hearing the casting, and it defiantly didn't affect the outcome.
Odeon
Profile Joined February 2012
France42 Posts
March 11 2012 01:57 GMT
#1293
I can't help it, I love this kid. :D
To the bank.
Zyte
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands564 Posts
March 11 2012 01:58 GMT
#1294
On March 11 2012 10:55 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2012 10:53 Zyte wrote:
Wow, that was quite a lame way to hand out a trophy.

I think it was adequate given that this trophy does not really mean much.

Of course. But the crowd seemed willing and eager to cheer. I think it deserved at least a bit more building up. I mean, think of how carmac would have done it.

Still, great showmatch. ggs!
ret * Leenock * DiMAGA * Grubby * FBH
bbm
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1320 Posts
March 11 2012 01:58 GMT
#1295
On March 11 2012 10:55 NeXiLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2012 10:49 Zealot Orgy wrote:
On March 11 2012 10:44 NeXiLe wrote:
The players were like 20 feet from each other and like 10 feet from the casters. Even with "sound proof headphones," how is it possible to hot hear everything the casters are saying? Like that whitera is getting a mothership and how much energy it has and such ><

The soundproof headphones in the progaming scene are the same ones HELICOPTER PILOTS use to SOFTEN THE NOISE OF THE PROPELLERS.


And you think a voice of a human being, even a screaming one, is going to get through those headphones?


Well personally, I didn't know exactly what kind of headphones they were using but I know that using soundproof headphones at lan myself, I could still hear the casters over the speakers (although it sounded quite hollow) and all it takes to hear more is to angle one of the headphones slightly so there's a slit between it and your ear and you'll hear just fine. Even on camera, I think that would be a very easy thing to do and I don't think anybody would notice either.

I'm not accusing anyone of cheating I just think a soundproof booth AND headphones would be a better option. I remember reading in the past about some of the players talking about how they could hear the casters regardless of their booth/headphones but that may have been an isolated, corrected incident.



You might be thinking of huk vs select at MLG DC (i think), where huk mothership rushed, and the crowd was going crazy, and he typed in "don't worry, taht's just halo" or similar
By.Sun or By.Rain, he always delivers
zestycow
Profile Joined March 2012
United States50 Posts
March 11 2012 01:58 GMT
#1296
USAUSA
Altern
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1053 Posts
March 11 2012 01:58 GMT
#1297
Where else is Stephano playing besides Lonestar? He gets to chill in the US for another week
BoBiNoU
Profile Joined March 2011
France181 Posts
March 11 2012 01:58 GMT
#1298
Did I miss the recorded Stephano's interview ?
I saw WhiteRa's which was great btw but none for Stephano
go m00
The_Unseen
Profile Joined March 2011
France1923 Posts
March 11 2012 01:58 GMT
#1299
I do think it was 4 - 0 last time Stephano met Thorzain... nah, the guy is just a whole level above. I'd have loved to say Naniwa and Huk have a chance, but they're Protoss, and Steph's ZvP, well.
I got five reasons for you to shut up
DOUDOU
Profile Joined October 2011
Wales2940 Posts
March 11 2012 01:58 GMT
#1300
On March 11 2012 10:55 NeXiLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2012 10:49 Zealot Orgy wrote:
On March 11 2012 10:44 NeXiLe wrote:
The players were like 20 feet from each other and like 10 feet from the casters. Even with "sound proof headphones," how is it possible to hot hear everything the casters are saying? Like that whitera is getting a mothership and how much energy it has and such ><

The soundproof headphones in the progaming scene are the same ones HELICOPTER PILOTS use to SOFTEN THE NOISE OF THE PROPELLERS.


And you think a voice of a human being, even a screaming one, is going to get through those headphones?


Well personally, I didn't know exactly what kind of headphones they were using but I know that using soundproof headphones at lan myself, I could still hear the casters over the speakers (although it sounded quite hollow) and all it takes to hear more is to angle one of the headphones slightly so there's a slit between it and your ear and you'll hear just fine. Even on camera, I think that would be a very easy thing to do and I don't think anybody would notice either.

I'm not accusing anyone of cheating I just think a soundproof booth AND headphones would be a better option. I remember reading in the past about some of the players talking about how they could hear the casters regardless of their booth/headphones but that may have been an isolated, corrected incident.

thing is, even if he'd hear anything, progamers are far too focused on the game to process it

even starcraft relies so much on the sound
Feast | Grubby | Mvp | Polt | Fantasy | Last | MMA | forGG | Leenock | Soberphano | Scarlett cutiepie
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 164
Nina 104
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 185
firebathero 81
910 38
NaDa 33
Counter-Strike
Fnx 815
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0178
PPMD21
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9566
Liquid`Hasu1673
crisheroes1547
Trikslyr96
Other Games
summit1g6829
Liquid`RaSZi5736
Beastyqt717
shahzam498
ToD251
B2W.Neo210
Pyrionflax175
KnowMe143
ArmadaUGS107
JimRising 95
ZombieGrub77
IndyStarCraft 55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream342
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Eskiya23 17
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV534
League of Legends
• TFBlade950
Other Games
• imaqtpie1132
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.