• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:43
CEST 08:43
KST 15:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7786 users

[NASL] Day 6-2 - Page 67

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 72 Next
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
May 20 2011 17:24 GMT
#1321
Dear god my ears, was that my speakers going haywire or was there some really loud noise just then?
GP
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1056 Posts
May 20 2011 17:25 GMT
#1322
On May 21 2011 02:19 Nightfly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 02:12 GP wrote:
On May 21 2011 02:07 Nightfly wrote:
Gretorp + some annoying brit? Guess I'll skip NASL today.

Is that comment even necessary?

QXC's control has looked really awful lately, I feel so bad, but ever since he moved to Spain his play has been really lackluster.


Just venting frustration. I feel good commentators are really important. Some, like Demuslim during Dreamhack, can enrich the experience greatly, while others can cheapen it.

Incontrol + Gretorp is pretty harmless. Sure, Gretorp is awful but Incontrol is pleasant to listen to.

Incontrol + Idra is actually good, I want to listen to what they say.

Gretorp + this guy is pretty awful. I can't focus on the game. The only thing that would be worse would be to add a screamer like Day9 to completely ruin it.

Okay, that's cool and all, but can you keep the complaining out of the live report thread. If you're not going to watch, then just don't watch. The live report thread doesn't need senseless exclamations that you're not going to watch today. I'm sure there's a NASL feedback thread, make a comment there.
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
May 20 2011 17:25 GMT
#1323
I much preferred the LR yesterday night when it was actually civilised.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
H0RNET
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand138 Posts
May 20 2011 17:25 GMT
#1324
On May 21 2011 02:24 vyyye wrote:
Dear god my ears, was that my speakers going haywire or was there some really loud noise just then?


happen to me 2
http://hearthstone.in.th
Nightfly
Profile Joined May 2011
150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 17:26:40
May 20 2011 17:26 GMT
#1325
On May 21 2011 02:20 Casablancas wrote:
I really like the diversity in NASL casters. But yeah, for most people it seems the glass is always half empty...

Why not cheer and praise on the forums when your favorite caster is on instead of bitching when one you dont like is casting?



Why can't we do both? Or nothing. I don't see why I can do one but not the other. I certainly like to praise when I am impressed by somebody. I already mentioned how I enjoyed Demuslim, Incontrol, and Idra. But as soon as I say that I don't like something it's wrong to state my opinion? I don't see why.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
May 20 2011 17:26 GMT
#1326
On May 21 2011 02:24 vyyye wrote:
Dear god my ears, was that my speakers going haywire or was there some really loud noise just then?


It's not the NASL if it doesn't have some hideous audio issues somewhere during the broadcast! =p

---

First game looked easy enough for Ensnare, didn't think he'd win this given how badly he's been playing of late.
Fyzar
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands8010 Posts
May 20 2011 17:28 GMT
#1327
On May 21 2011 02:25 TotalBiscuit wrote:
I much preferred the LR yesterday night when it was actually civilised.

No probs TB, there are people like me that like your casting =).
The constructive critics can actually be useful, and the random haters should just be ignored ^^!
It appears I have been chosen.
H0RNET
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand138 Posts
May 20 2011 17:30 GMT
#1328
TB -> scv = bigdaddy

LOL
http://hearthstone.in.th
Chillsen
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany98 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 17:33:01
May 20 2011 17:32 GMT
#1329
And suddenly Gretorp isn't the worst caster anymore! /jk
Calling SCVs bigdaddys was pretty funny
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CScythe
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada810 Posts
May 20 2011 17:33 GMT
#1330
I love the enthusiasm offered by TB to contrast Gretorp. I think the dynamic works great.
Casablancas
Profile Joined February 2011
Denmark145 Posts
May 20 2011 17:34 GMT
#1331
On May 21 2011 02:24 doffe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 02:20 Casablancas wrote:
I really like the diversity in NASL casters. But yeah, for most people it seems the glass is always half empty...

Why not cheer and praise on the forums when your favorite caster is on instead of bitching when one you dont like is casting?



Should we not complain when we have things to complain about? Thats pretty dumb since it will in no way help the progress of the scene. If people are unhappy with a certain commentator why should they not say so? This is not a charity, some of us are paying to see these games and want to atleast be able to voice our opinions about what we get for that money. E-sports is nothing without the spectators and their opinions therefor matters alot.

Sure, comments like "I just hate TB" and nothing more is pretty useless but why should the public be forced to have a commentator if they do not like him, I can see no reason


When I say bitching i mean the venting by comments like the one you mention. I think both NASL and TB (and all the other casters) appreciate CONTRUCTIVE criticism.

But then again, its a matter of taste. Some like the way TB casts and some prefer other casters. But just because a caster isnt in your taste, it isnt really relevant to the forums?

But yeah, constructive criticism is something that can help this community, but is also rare on these forums.
Hirnfrost
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany938 Posts
May 20 2011 17:34 GMT
#1332
qxc got owned pretty hard there
I like TB, his play by play is really exciting
After Mondays and Tuesdays even the Calender says W T F
shizna
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom803 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 17:37:39
May 20 2011 17:34 GMT
#1333
anyone else put off by totalbiscuit ?

his permenant voice is an average british joke voice, i hear far better joke accents every day in work (black country ftw). but his voice wouldn't be a problem except that his casting is very mediocre as well.

he seems to be more interested in selling himself, instead of selling the game.
SoulHarvester
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada151 Posts
May 20 2011 17:35 GMT
#1334
I really do enjoy the casting by TB! Love the way he talks and his accent...
Nightfly
Profile Joined May 2011
150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 17:39:45
May 20 2011 17:38 GMT
#1335
On May 21 2011 02:25 TotalBiscuit wrote:
I much preferred the LR yesterday night when it was actually civilised.


edit: Nevermind.
chickenhawk
Profile Joined February 2011
Portugal339 Posts
May 20 2011 17:44 GMT
#1336
Good Job Gretop and TB kept it coming... loving the cast right know. And hater will always hate so do not listen to all of them.
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
May 20 2011 17:44 GMT
#1337
i hate how more and more comments focus on negative aspects (of anything). why dont u let it go if something isn`t perfect for your taste, but post if you see something you like.
keep it deep! @zulison
doffe
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden636 Posts
May 20 2011 17:45 GMT
#1338
On May 21 2011 02:34 Casablancas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 02:24 doffe wrote:
On May 21 2011 02:20 Casablancas wrote:
I really like the diversity in NASL casters. But yeah, for most people it seems the glass is always half empty...

Why not cheer and praise on the forums when your favorite caster is on instead of bitching when one you dont like is casting?



Should we not complain when we have things to complain about? Thats pretty dumb since it will in no way help the progress of the scene. If people are unhappy with a certain commentator why should they not say so? This is not a charity, some of us are paying to see these games and want to atleast be able to voice our opinions about what we get for that money. E-sports is nothing without the spectators and their opinions therefor matters alot.

Sure, comments like "I just hate TB" and nothing more is pretty useless but why should the public be forced to have a commentator if they do not like him, I can see no reason


When I say bitching i mean the venting by comments like the one you mention. I think both NASL and TB (and all the other casters) appreciate CONTRUCTIVE criticism.

But then again, its a matter of taste. Some like the way TB casts and some prefer other casters. But just because a caster isnt in your taste, it isnt really relevant to the forums?

But yeah, constructive criticism is something that can help this community, but is also rare on these forums.


I actually do think that even though it is a matter of taste it is relevant to the communtiy, probably not in a LR thread so I will make this my final post about this but again, if the taste of the majority leans in a certain way that should really be taken into consideration when hiring commentators much as (I assume) the GSL did with Kelli. I myself has no problem with TBs voice etc but I just dont think his humoristic style and imo lack of SC2 knowledge makes him suitable for a big tournament like this.

The commentators are there for our sake, its important to remember that, they are there to highten our entertainement and if they are not appreciated they should not commentate big tournaments, if you need alot of practice etc you should get that in the smaller ones.
tek_ger
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany140 Posts
May 20 2011 17:50 GMT
#1339
nice game - nice commenting - good analysis
Nolot
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom271 Posts
May 20 2011 17:50 GMT
#1340
I think it's definitely a good thing that NASL has different casters each time, and TB is doing fine
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 72 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1461
910 96
Bale 30
ZergMaN 22
Aegong 20
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
Fuzer 77
League of Legends
JimRising 580
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King352
C9.Mang0158
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
summit1g9265
PiGStarcraft465
ceh9212
Sick177
ArmadaUGS133
Livibee100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick579
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream256
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2286
League of Legends
• Rush1468
• Lourlo1287
• Stunt453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 17m
OSC
6h 17m
Stellar Fest
6h 17m
OSC
17h 17m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.