Image Credit: Nak Ma - South Korea user-e6dc035c72502ab6.artstation.com
As I was looking around YouTube for a nice Mech All-In in TvP, I stumbled across a video of Dolan showing off his one base Thor All-In. That immediately peaked my interest as a mech player myself. I think this build is great to throw in once in a while against protoss when you don't feel like going for late game play.
This build starts with a reaper opening for scouting, followed by a 2 mine drop right before the Thor push with SCVs and a Liberator. As shown in the video below, this build can work vs GM
Here's some useful timestamps:
- 00:00: Build explanation vs A.I.
- 05:38: Replay vs <Ting>Neeb (GM)
- 15:31: Replay vs Voltz (GM)
- 21:35: Replay vs <Exon>Ruiyichi (GM)
Rough Build Order:
- 14 Supply @Ramp
- 16 Barracks @Ramp
- 16 Raffinery
- 17 Raffinery
- 18 Supply @Ramp to complete Wall-Off
- 19 @100% Barracks -> Reaper+Orbital Command
- 20 Factory
- 21 @100% Reaper -> Reactor on Rax
- 24 @100% Factory -> Starport + Mine
- 25 Armory (hidden) + 2 Marines + 2th Mine
-> Cut SCVs at saturation and constantly make 2 marines at a time
- 30 Supply Depot
- 33 @100% Starport -> Medivac
- 34 @100% 2th Mine -> Tech Lab on Factory
- 37 @100% Medivac -> Mine Drop + Thor production + Restart SCVs production
- 46 Supply Depot (x2)
- 47 Liberator
@100% Thor -> Push with Thor + 12 Marines + 10SCVs (~4:30mins)
[*]Reinforce with Tanks and liberators. Add Bunkers on front line if possible.
[*]Reinforce with Thor and Vikings. Add Engineering Bay for Turrets on front line.
Don't plan on additionnal replays for the moment. Dolan's video vs Grandmaster players is self-explanatory. It's been working nicely (~70% winrate) for me in Masters 3. If it works vs GM I think it's got fun potential for us lower leaguers.
All credit for this build goes to <ArGNA>Dolan. I had a lot of fun trying this one out on the ladder and that's the most important for me. I hope this guide will stimulate some players out there too. Cheers.